#61 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:45 PM

Originally posted by M_Balje
You vergot one !! Clive Owen :) You know my story about that.

I think Clive Owen is in danger of becoming the next candidate we can scratch off he list. Read the following report from Coming Soon!, & IGN FilmForce:

IGN FilmForce has learned from a trusty source that the "likely" candidate to portray the title role in Disney's forthcoming King Arthur is none other than ... Clive Owen! Yes, fanboys, that super-cool, 38-year-old English thesp best known for The Hire (BMW's series of online shorts), Gosford Park, Croupier and The Bourne Identity. Owen will next star opposite Angelina Jolie in Beyond Borders. We must emphasize, however, that Owen is only in talks for the role right now; it's not a done deal. One can only imagine that King Arthur will do for Clive Owen what Gladiator did for Russell Crowe.

#62 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 05:07 PM

Originally posted by crashdrive

I think Clive Owen is in danger of becoming the next candidate we can scratch off he list.

Great on less medrocre actor to worry about becoming Bond.

#63 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 05:30 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
Great on less medrocre actor to worry about becoming Bond.

What are you talking about? Owen is a great and talented actor. Have you ever seen some of his work? I'd suggest a film like 'Croupier' or 'Gosford Park' before making a remark like that.

#64 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 07:40 PM

What are you talking about? Owen is a great and talented actor. Have you ever seen some of his work? I'd suggest a film like 'Croupier' or 'Gosford Park' before making a remark like that.

The dude's who career has been built on what the "Croupier" was about . I watch him in the film "Bent" . He will not become Bond . I careless about what sick contest the media runs. This the same media that said Bond was finished .

#65 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:38 PM

This the same media that said Bond was finished .

I agree Owen will probably not get the part. But I do remember you saying on several occasions that Bond is finished. Do you still feel that way?

#66 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 01:21 PM

I agree Owen will probably not get the part. But I do remember you saying on several occasions that Bond is finished. Do you still feel that way?

Once again i have lived through this prediction that Bond is finished . I personally feel it will depend on Bond 21 . Bond under Brosnan has had a great run . Revived the franchise , all 3 film under Brosnan have grossed over $1 billion . He is the Bond of the X generation . More people think of him as Bond than Connery . Yet i don't know how long EON can keep it up . Bond is a major cash cow for many . Especially MGM , three year break . Is intend to keep Bond fresh inthe minds of the public . While not over exposing him . A lot ( i know in some areas we disagree) is riding on this next film . Some reviewers , clearly not Bond fans have also notice that the series is due to run out of steam .

#67 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:05 PM

It will run out of steam when they get Steve Guttenberg to play Bond and GW Bailey to play his long suffering boss. The Americanization of James Bond.

#68 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:08 PM

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
It will run out of steam when they get Steve Guttenberg to play Bond and GW Bailey to play his long suffering boss.  The Americanization of James Bond.

I think it's already running out of steam .Since we are reaching the bottom of the barrel . With names like Steve Guttenberg . As a possible Bond . At that point why not a live action film of "James Bond jr".

#69 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:19 PM

At that point why not a live action film of "James Bond jr".

Don't give them any ideas.