JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 03:10 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
thankfully i never saw that movie

Well, you're really missing out there, pal...

X-MEN 2 IN MAY - WITH HUGH JACKMAN AND BRIAN COX.

And no, I'm referring to the ACTOR Brian Cox - his picture can be seen on this thread.

#63 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:20 PM

C'mon, he could wear that neck-thing he wore when he was with the Bears...
Kidding, Cox would be an excellent choice. He HAS to be M. But how old is he? I just hope that next M is someone that could stick around for about 20 years.

#64 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:42 PM

Guys forgive me , bur why has "M" become so important right now .I grown up with Bernard Lee . Never thought of any one in the role . Well he died the was replaced by Robert Brown . Guess what ! he was great too . Then can Judi Dench , the idea of a female "M" , was stupid to me at first . I know about the female head of MI5 , still thought it a bit much . Butgiess what again it worked . All the names placed forth are all great . Still fell that Partrick Stewart would be better . The Connery Bond and Lee's "M" had a special chemistry . Just watch the interviews scenes in Dr.NO and especially FRWL . Even Goldfinger , "M" was not just a father-figure to Bond . He was some one who commanded respect. Both are military men , naval officers , admiral and a commander . Bye the time od the Moore films the relationship changed . Moore was as old as Robert Brown .

#65 Martini

Martini

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 01:02 AM

I would not choose a big name as M. Anthony Hopkins or Patrick Stewart would be really great but I guess the bigger the name the bigger is the temptation to enlarge the role of M. And I don

#66 Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 04:30 AM

I've seen a lot of names I like bandied about in this thread. Here's my take on a few of them:

Anthony Hopkins: Too famous, too big a name. He wouldn't be M, he'd be Anthony Hopkins. Besides, he's already done the Mission: Impossible thing.

Patrick Stewart: I didn't think I'd like him at first but then I thought of the scenes on ST:TNG where he sits and talks with Riker at his desk, and realized that those could very much be similar to M/Bond office moments. Could be a good M.

Brian Cox: One word: Yes.

Bernard Hill: Another good possibility. Really liked him in The Two Towers, and he was also good as the doomed captain of the Titanic. Wouldn't mind seeing him either.

#67 jefedejefes

jefedejefes

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:22 AM

How about Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Michael Gambon or (my first choice would be...) Max Von Sidow?

#68 Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:11 PM

Originally posted by jefedejefes
Max Von Sidow?

No offense...Max Von Sydow is a great actor, but M shouldn't have a German accent.

#69 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:27 PM

Originally posted by jefedejefes
How about Sir Ian McKellen, Sir Michael Gambon or (my first choice would be...) Max Von Sidow?

well he,s a little to old hes going to be 75 april 10th and by the time judi's through he will be in the early 80's so hes out to

#70 MovieManOO7

MovieManOO7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:02 PM

Max Von Sydow? Interesting choice but, after all, he played Blofeld of all people in NSNA!

Brian Cox is an excellent choice.

Anthony Hopkins would be perfect if he hadn't played a similar role in the James Bond-rip-off MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE series (I say rip-off because the movies were absolutely nothing like the original, and wonderful, TV series. The series focused on a team, not just on one lone figure who used gadgets a la Bond).

Of all, I'm most partial to Patrick Stewart but for some reason I keep imagining him as Blofeld everytime I picture James Bond with him...perhaps it's the bald head...

(Stewart would be the ideal Blofeld if EON ever decided to give the character a proper d

#71 B007GLE

B007GLE

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:30 PM

Dame Judi should stick around for as long as she wants.

After she leaves, MI-6 should promote from within and make either Bill Tanner or (more preferably) Charles Robinson.

Patrick Stewart should show up in a bond film, but as Blofeld.

#72 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 09:38 PM

I have said it before and I'll say it again. It's gotta be Albert Finney. He'd be just perfect.

Do like the idea of Brian Cox... he'd be cracking.

I'd like to see Judi go through another Bond though... or if Brosnan does six change M for a different actor... there's nothing worse than changing an actor mid Bond... although Q pulled it off... but we were ready for that. It'd be nice to see the actors last as long as the can though.

But Finney all the way baby!

#73 Robert Sterling

Robert Sterling

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 10:29 PM

May I suggest another great British actor from film and TV - Joss Ackland. Though 75, I think he would be splendid. Last thing I saw him in was K-19 Widowmaker.

#74 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 03:19 AM

Originally posted by Robert Sterling
May I suggest another great British actor from film and TV - Joss Ackland. Though 75, I think he would be splendid. Last thing I saw him in was K-19 Widowmaker.

he would be good i think, but to old

#75 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 10:42 PM

He might make a better villain.

#76 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 10:55 PM

What kind of villian , Blofeld?? . He would over shadow Brosnan. And the producer do not want that . I feel the same way with Anthony Hopkins against Brosnan . I believe this why , the cast a female as "M". Dame Judi Dench is a "great actress". I grown to like her ,was against the whole female "M" business , Under stand the connection to Stella Rimington and MI5 . Cool , part of the up-dating of Bond . But Brosnan would truly look like Bond -lite against a stronger male as "M". I recall prior to production of DAD . Edward Woodard name was cast out as a replacement for Dench . He would have been great , but i feel to much for Brosnan.

#77 jefedejefes

jefedejefes

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 02:57 AM

Thaao Penghlis (Nicholas in Mission Impossible TV Series), he's about 50 years old and has that intelligent air that M needs.
Or maybe John Hurt (Hadden in Contact), I think he could be a terrific M.
Finally, I'm thinking about the option of Jim Broadbent.

#78 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 26 January 2003 - 04:58 AM

thaao penghlis is working now on the soap DAYS OF OUR LIVES