This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

UK EMPIRE Magazine: 'SPECTRE' Issue (Nov)

63 replies to this topic

#61 Armand Fancypants

Armand Fancypants

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

I think the implication is that Quantum is Greene's subset, i.e. the retinue that is with him at Tosca, whereas the likes of Haines, White, and the other scattered Tosca attendees are SPECTRE operatives.

Spoiler

#62 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

I think the implication is that Quantum is Greene's subset, i.e. the retinue that is with him at Tosca, whereas the likes of Haines, White, and the other scattered Tosca attendees are SPECTRE operatives.

Spoiler

Indeed - If audiences and fans are willing to go along with this, SPECTRE is going to give the previous Craig films added weight.

#63 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

I've rewatched the films, and indeed the idea that Mr White organisation is SPECTRE gives them much more of an edge, including QUANTUM which suddenly is all about Bond walking into another of SPECTRE layers and unveiling a few more secrets.

Now the only thing ruining Quantum Of Solace is the horrible editing. Wish they did create an alternate cut of that one.

The retcon is brilliant, and gives Skyfall villain more of a charm.

#64 Armand Fancypants

Armand Fancypants

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

It's just a shame we couldn't have had some sort of flashback or something with Waltz, Christensen, Mikkelsen, Amalric and Bardem in the same room. Ah well, at least we know what the fancy dress parties looked like:

tumblr_inline_mmkvgbZoeH1qz4rgp.png