130 replies to this topic

#121 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

U.N.C.L.E. makes Time magazine's ten best films of 2015 list. http://time.com/4134...10-best-movies/

#122 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

U.N.C.L.E. makes Time magazine's ten best films of 2015 list. http://time.com/4134...10-best-movies/

This makes me happy.  Just watched the Blu-Ray last night (my 2nd viewing after the theater), and I thoroughly enjoyed it again.  I really wish it had found an audience as I would love to see more adventures now that everything is established and in place.

#123 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

Looking forward to it!

#124 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Haven't been around for a while. I was checking out this thread and saw this:

//David McCallum's character is, well, not so much woefully underused as hardly used at all in the first two episodes. And the first - "The Vulcan Affair" - appears to be a straight remake of the pilot episode which became the movie "To Trap A Spy", but with THRUSH replacing WASP as the villains.//  
To Trap a Spy is an expanded version of The Vulcan Affair. In To Trap a Spy, the word "Wasp" is dubbed when the actors originally said Thrush.
The footage with Luciana Paluzzi was shot in early 1964, a couple of months after The Vulcan Affair was shot. This was to turn the pilot into a movie for international audiences. As it turned out, the movie version was released in the U.S. in 1966.

The extra Paluzzi footage was used in another first-season episode, The Four-Steps Affairs. It's presented in a bit of a different context than you see it in To Trap a Spy. 

#125 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:28 AM

Also, to answer a natural question about Vulcan being in B&W and To Trap a Spy being in color...

The Vulcan Affair and The Double Affair were filmed in color. As TV episodes, B&W prints were made from a color negative. The remaining first-season episodes were shot in B&W.

The Spy With My Face is an expanded version of The Double Affair.

The extra footage (shot in color) to turn Vulcan and Double into movies, were then combined to help make the episode called The Four-Steps Affair. Once again, B&W prints were made from color negatives. A new story was devised to incorporate that footage. The new footage for Four Steps was shot in B&W. Four Steps also includes a scene of Solo combining his hair and switching his part, presumably to explain why Solo's hair switches in the middle of the episode.

#126 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

Watched my Blu-Ray over the holiday period, and I really enjoyed it!  The score, especially, was great!  Did it make enough to continue the franchise, or will this be a one off?

#127 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

Watched my Blu-Ray over the holiday period, and I really enjoyed it!  The score, especially, was great!  Did it make enough to continue the franchise, or will this be a one off?

Personally, I'd be shocked if a sequel occurs, but you never know. 

#128 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

Given it for Christmas, watched it, can't remember much about it, seemed underpowered. Have asked the donor for the receipt.

#129 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

Good film, nicely done I thought.

#130 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Personally, I'd be shocked if a sequel occurs, but you never know.

Apparently a sequel is being written, though whether or not it actually gets made is a question:

http://www.slashfilm...-being-written/

#131 George Kaplan

George Kaplan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

Surprising news.  If they ever make it, could be worth seeing.  I did like the original.