This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How I Believe SPECTRE and Quantum Tie Together.

68 replies to this topic

#61 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

Or it's literally that Quantum was an underling of Spectre and disbanded following the Bolivia affair. Although it does appear that EON has done their best to basically write Quantum of Solace out of existence. Greene gets one brief mention, but neither he, nor Fields, are shown in the photos when Bond is moving through the wrecked Vauxhall building.

I'm not a fan of Quantum of Solace by any means, but I was a little irritated on how there was virtually no mention of Fields, whose death is due to Bond bringing her on his little revenge mission. They did mention Greene, but as you said briefly. Found it funny how Greene and Fields weren't part of the titles sequence nor the wrecked Vauxhall building either.

I thought Greene did show up in the titles... I might be imagining things. Must see it again.

#62 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Greene definitely shows up later on, on Q's laptop and I believe still later among the posters in the MI6 building (but I'm not positive about the latter). We definitely see Vesper, Le Chiffre, Silva and Judi Dench's M during the opening credits. There may be more, but those are the ones I remember.

#63 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

I thought Mr White's comments referred to the indiscriminate bombings to force through the Nine Eyes plan, but the trafficking idea would also work. Never thought of that.

And I never thought of what you thought of! ;-) However Mr White was quite happy to introduce the "banker to terrorists" at the start of CR, so I assumed terrorism was not something that upset him. Then again, indiscriminate terrorism.... could be. Then there's the attempt to control the legitimate drugs market with adulterated stuff and the trafficking racket. All adds up to a SPECTRE syndicate which is downright down and dirty. Maybe there were just some things White couldn't stomach.

He tells Bond that schemes targeting women and children crossed a line for him. We hear the woman at the SPECTRE meeting reporting on how they are "winning" on the human trafficking front, which leads me to believe that's what Mr. White was referring to.

#64 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

Greene definitely shows up later on, on Q's laptop and I believe still later among the posters in the MI6 building (but I'm not positive about the latter). We definitely see Vesper, Le Chiffre, Silva and Judi Dench's M during the opening credits. There may be more, but those are the ones I remember.

Nothing from Quantum of Solace shows up in the opening credits. Despite mentioning Quantum and Greene (and Mr. White's presence obviously), Quantum of Solace is all but ignored in the overall timeline.

#65 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

@Double-Oh-Agent: what did you catch the 2nd time that indicates Quantum is a division of SPECTRE?

Dave

#66 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

We see the silhouettes of Bond and a woman falling, could that be Camille? I thought that was the scene from QoS when they're falling in the sink hole.

#67 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

We see the silhouettes of Bond and a woman falling, could that be Camille? I thought that was the scene from QoS when they're falling in the sink hole.

You're right, I had forgotten about that. On second viewing I was thinking of Bond and Madeleine falling into the netting, but the images you mention were far more like Bond and Camille falling down the sinkhole.

#68 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

You're right, I had forgotten about that. On second viewing I was thinking of Bond and Madeleine falling into the netting, but the images you mention were far more like Bond and Camille falling down the sinkhole.

I missed that on my first viewing. I'll have to keep an eye out on the second.

#69 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

I missed that on my first viewing. I'll have to keep an eye out on the second.

I thought that each of the three times I've seen it.  The dress she's wearing is Madeleine's from the train, but the orientation of the falling is straight out of the QoS skydiving scene.  Later in the titles, Swann's images vanish from Bond's image leaving him solitary as he looks straight into the camera.  Foreshadowing?