155 replies to this topic

#91 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

But, according to that article, Café Dahlia was a well-known place for art lovers, wasn´t it? And the "conflict" came when someone changed it or rebuilt it... ?

Sorry, but my French is not so good...

By the way, if you check my #87 post, you'll see that the building just close to the Cafe has been "rebuild" too...

I'd say it was a place known by Matisse lovers. If it was "well-known" amongst art lovers, I can't tell. There seems to be a list of buildings which are protected, but this one wasn't on it. The owner, obviously completely unaware of its history, had it renovated and modernized, and that was it.

Found this old postcard from 1910 (and that was even before the Matisse painting). Amazing how little it has changed...

AKG88044.jpg

#92 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

I know there were rumours about Bellucci taking part in Morocco filming, but still I'm surprised. If in fact she's there not only for, say, a press conference, it means her part in SPECTRE is bigger than expected. I'm a bit confused.

Yeah, this is what surprises me. I was certain her scenes were done by now, but they've possibly expanded her character's role in the story due to changes/re-writes, etc. I was thinking that maybe they could be doing some other sort of stand-in scenes for Rome, but that probably could've done while at Rome or at Pinewood, so probably unlikely scenario.

Or she could be there for just a press conference - who knows.

#93 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:16 AM

I know there were rumours about Bellucci taking part in Morocco filming, but still I'm surprised. If in fact she's there not only for, say, a press conference, it means her part in SPECTRE is bigger than expected. I'm a bit confused.

Yeah, this is what surprises me. I was certain her scenes were done by now, but they've possibly expanded her character's role in the story due to changes/re-writes, etc. I was thinking that maybe they could be doing some other sort of stand-in scenes for Rome, but that probably could've done while at Rome or at Pinewood, so probably unlikely scenario.

Or she could be there for just a press conference - who knows.

I think it could simply be a mistake, and they mean Lea Seydoux. I'd expect her to be in Tangier.

#94 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

In addition to the Matisse link, another cultural connection: the Palais Akaaboune is better known as the Palais Ben Abbou, where the Rolling Stones recorded their 1989 song Continental Drift.

Daniel Craig is now in Erfoud, according to this Instagram shot:
https://instagram.com/p/4PSrt7i8Ap/

Edited by Vauxhall, 23 June 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#95 Moneyofpropre

Moneyofpropre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:36 AM

Cinema magic:

101450811.jpg

Spot the differences... ;)

Nice pics, a we sure that the change are operated for Spectre ? When this photo has been take ? Because in the article of medias24 (22 april) it was already like this (without vegetation).

Edited by Moneyofpropre, 23 June 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#96 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

Cinema magic:

101450811.jpg

Nice pics, a we sure that the change are operated for Spectre ? When this photo has been take ? Because in the article of medias24 (22 april) it was already like this (without vegetation).

This is what the place looks in real life, now. It got a complete makeover a while ago. And the Bond crew have now made it look like it did before the makeover.

Found this:6.jpg

The image hasn't got any subtitle at all, but the article says "Near Tangier, Bond-crew have built a massive compound-set were Christoph Waltz’s character Franz Oberhauser lives." http://www.clicknews...ing-in-morocco/

#97 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Cinema magic:

101450811.jpg

#98 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

The image hasn't got any subtitle at all, but the article says "Near Tangier, Bond-crew have built a massive compound-set were Christoph Waltz’s character Franz Oberhauser lives." http://www.clicknews...ing-in-morocco/

I don't think this is a photo of the massive compound-set were Christoph Waltz’s character Franz Oberhauser lives. I belive this is where they are using as a base for equipment. 

As I understand it, the set is very 'modernist' looking. 

#99 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

This looks great. I heard a big compound was being built somewhere in the Moroccan desert, possibly near Erfoud, but wasn't sure exactly where.

#100 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

A while back I think I happened upon something very interesting. It's a huge crater in the desert near Erfoud.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's being used in Spectre and possibly the site for the big set. 

IMGP0180-tweak-crop-small-copyright.jpg

#101 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

That would be excellent; plus it was previously used in THE MUMMY as the lost city Hamunaptra, so there is a precedent for filming there.

Someone has marked it on Google Maps here:

https://www.google.c...12&source=embed

#102 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

That would be excellent; plus it was previously used in THE MUMMY as the lost city Hamunaptra, so there is a precedent for filming there.

Agreed.

And in the Mummy I don't think they really show it as a massive crater, so it would still be fresh as an interesting environment on film.

#103 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

Looks like the Morocco element that was there from the start and then looked to be downplayed / removed is back and flourishing… I’m pleased. And also glad I don’t know exactly what is being filmed there, not really. Just enough spoilers for moi. :)

#104 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:15 PM

Cinema magic:

101450811.jpg

This is what the place looks in real life, now. It got a complete makeover a while ago. And the Bond crew have now made it look like it did before the makeover.

Sorry, but no. The old facade is the one with the garden cafe and rectangle windows. The new facade is the one we'll see in the movie.

This is how the building looked like after refurbishment in april:

11411727_10153441450734711_3018953807326

So the older looking building is newer despite having oriental windows and looking much more traditional.

Now it would be interesting to know if the crew knew about this change or if they were surprised to see their Matisse-painting-shot destroyed.

#105 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

From the snowy alps of Austria to the desert of Morocco. Love it. 

#106 Moneyofpropre

Moneyofpropre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Is fun, because in the map we see the point is near Rissani, Rissani who have been evoqued in this french article : http://www.bladi.net...aroc,41862.html

#107 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Is fun, because in the map we see the point is near Rissani, Rissani who have been evoqued in this french article : http://www.bladi.net...aroc,41862.html

Yes, but Rissani is only mentioned as the region. Guess that Erfoud is always mentioned because it's trying to rival Ouarzazate (where parts of TLD were shot) as Morocco's movie capital. 

#108 Arbogast777

Arbogast777

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:21 AM

From the snowy alps of Austria to the desert of Morocco. Love it.

Mendes said he wanted something cold and something hot. Spectre is going to look great!

#109 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

Isn't it odd that they have been there for days yet we've only seen some cables on the ground and one clapperboard scene of an archway? Wish we could get something to give us a feel for what they are actually filming. 

#110 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

Just read a French article which didn't provide any new information, but an interesting detail:
I've always wondered why they go to Morocco this late in the year. Would have been much more pleasant for the entire crew if they went in spring instead of early summer. The reason behind it is simply because Ramadan has just begun. Other movie productions in Morocco suffered from crowded streets and a lot of bystanders and spectators - and something like that isn't to be expected (or at least to a much lesser extent) during Ramadan.

#111 Moneyofpropre

Moneyofpropre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

I read that too but is stupid because the Bourne Ultimatum (that they quote) was shooting in the Ramadan too (in the middle of the Ramadan).

Edited by Moneyofpropre, 25 June 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#112 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Filming the train sequence. 

#113 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

This should look great with the train cutting through the desert. Can't be too far off the end of principal photography now. I'm waiting for the upside down clapperboard...

#114 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

This should look great with the train cutting through the desert. Can't be too far off the end of principal photography now. I'm waiting for the upside down clapperboard...

There is a wrap party scheduled at the Tower of London for the 5th of July.

#115 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

...no doubt signifying the temporary end of the frequent newsbits over the past few enjoyable months.

Hereafter, whatever news coming about is more likely to emanate from official sources as opposed to the twitter brigade.

Thanks to Shrubs and Vauxhall, and others for keeping us up to date.

#116 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:54 PM

I echo Simon's sentiment completely.  Thank you, one and all.

#117 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

Yes, absolutely. Thank you guys! Top notch.

#118 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

It's been great fun! Thanks for everyone who chipped in. Soon time for that final stretch.

#119 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

Looking forward to the final clapperboard. It's been a hoot along the way. Well done everybody as we now let the editors go to work until November 6th.

B)

#120 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Always fun to peek behind the scenes and speculate on what we're seeing. Would have liked to see a little more in Morocco to get a feel of what I think happens, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks guys!