65 replies to this topic

#31 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Cool although I'm not sure about the name Hinx. Its to close to Jinx. How about Onix, to Pokemon ish?

Hinx is almost certainly a cover name used for casting purposes. As you say, it's way too close to Jinx.

Interestingly, another obvious cover name has also been seen on casting documents - Miranda Frost. 

#32 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

Bautista is currently filming something with Gina Carano, so unless he's free before December 6th, I guess this can be considered a rumor, despite the multiple sources

#33 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Bautista is currently filming something with Gina Carano, so unless he's free before December 6th, I guess this can be considered a rumor, despite the multiple sources

As Shrublands said, the evidence would suggest it's probably not just a rumour. We have no idea how big his role is - he might just have a week of filming in March, for instance.

#34 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

I'd also add that the film Bautista is currently filming (Bus 657) has a budget of just $15m. It's not going to be a very protracted shoot on that kind of money. 

#35 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

I wonder if they'll cover up his tattoos...

#36 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

I wonder if they'll cover up his tattoos...

I don't think so. It gives him character per se. Adds to the intimidation factor.

#37 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Another theory...

#38 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

People sure are interesting...

#39 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

If Baustista was Blofeld....

I don't think I could handle that. I mean that in a good way. It'd be a shocker to me.

#40 SamNeillIsNotBond

SamNeillIsNotBond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Bautista as Blofeld is indeed an intriguing theory. But it would more intriguing if the guy putting it forth in the video would have bothered to get the details right.

"Christoph Weiss"? "Offenheimer"?

We used to have a guy on our local cable access channel (back when we had a cable access channel) who reviewed movies but never had a clue how to pronounce the stars' names, or even the name of the town where American movies are produced. Janeane Garofalo was "Jeeanne Garofalano", Hollywood was "Hywood", etc. Couldn't help but think of him as I watched that video.

#41 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:24 AM

Interesting, could this really happen?

#42 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:33 AM

As talented as Dave is, I just don't see that as being in the cards right now... Not to discredit him of course, as I feel he will easily become one of the most memorable henchmen, not only in recent history, but franchise history.

The fact is, you don't hire an actor like Christoph Waltz to play a minor role in a Bond film. There is no way he isn't exactly who most think he is.

#43 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

I like how Bautista looks in the promo image. Well dressed with a tie but looking very imposing, supremely confident and thuggish. Just look at how massive his hands are. I'd be running the other way.

#44 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Any thoughts on the name Hinx?

Odd that they'd choose something so close to a character from just four films ago.

Also, this is the original casting call: "Ideally over 6 foot 2. Hinx is the main henchman/assassin. We are looking for an imposing extremely physically fit actor. He has several fights with Bond and will have to have stunt training. He has to drive. We are looking for someone very unusual, possibly from a sports background."

#45 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, it's hard not to be reminded of the Halle Berry character with this name. It's an ok name, I guess. They've put the big sell on creating an iconic henchman, but these types of characters are very hard to create. They usually just happen. But I'm glad they're trying. A heavy hitter is needed against Craig.

#46 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Love the casting. Spot on. Hate the name. DAD still haunts me. 2002 can´t get far enough. Hinx sounds too close to that aberration yo momma known as Jinx. Not gonna like it, ever. And it´s damn stupid of them to do a thing like that, considering they´re the same writers and all. 

Actually, it´s the one thing I don´t like about SPECTRE so far. That and my absolute fear of cgi come from the same place in time. And why the "Mr."? It´s Mr Kill all over again. Goldfinger didn´t call Oddjob  Mr. Oddjob did he? Nic Nac wasn´t Mr. Nic Nac, was he? Super villains being respectful of their henchmen is dull and straight out of a comic book. 

They could at least have called him Hinks, or Hincks. Still sounds ridiculous. Maybe call him plain "66", because of his height. I don´t know, anything is better than Mr. Hinx. 

#47 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

We don't even know if he is an Henchman!

#48 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

We do, actually.

original casting call: "Ideally over 6 foot 2. Hinx is the main henchman/assassin. We are looking for an imposing extremely physically fit actor. He has several fights with Bond and will have to have stunt training. He has to drive. We are looking for someone very unusual, possibly from a sports background."

#49 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

This is a report of a Casting call. It could be not official, it could be not his true identity, it could be anything. And there is not the "Mr", for example

He could also be Blofeld, for what we know. But certainly there wouldn't be written "searching for Blofeld"

Edited by SkyfallCraig, 07 December 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#50 Ernst Stavro BIofeld

Ernst Stavro BIofeld

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Bautista as Blofeld is an interesting theory for sure. Of course, if that does actually transpire, and turns out to be the case in the upcoming film, then I would assume that, ideally, the SPECTRE arc would not be over in just one film, and Blofeld would return in the follow-up, but with a radically altered appearance (giving way for a different actor to step in). Much like what was the case in the Fleming novels.

#51 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

EoN would not risk casting James Bond's arch-nemesis with an actor with not much experience in not just screen acting but acting in general. Although, I think Bautista will be good in Spectre, I don't think he could pull of Blofeld.

Edited by AdaShelby, 07 December 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#52 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

EoN would not risk casting James Bond's arch-nemesis with an actor with not much experience in not just screen acting but acting in general. Although, I think Bautista will be good in Spectre, I don't think he could pull of Blofeld.

He won't be Blofeld. Mr. Hinx will end up as an Oddjob/Jaws type henchman and I'm perfectly fine with that. Blofeld will be either Waltz or Bellucci.

#53 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

I love in the video interview with Dave Bautista and he says 

Dave: I asked Sam Mendes if Mr. Hinks was a bad ass and Mendes said he definitely was

YES. He is the perfect person for this type of role.

#54 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HINX - 46 TODAY  :D

#55 Civilian_JamaisVu53_*

Civilian_JamaisVu53_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Yes - is it really that difficult to think up a name that is villainous without being kitsch? Just flip through any continental phone book and should be able to find something usable. Like, say "Wittenstein" or maybe "Duplessis" or "Rautenbach", "Dierickx", "Romasko", "Lukyanuk", "Rintanen", "Kruuda", "Schmeiglich", "Quintana", "Teixeria" or "Gaspard". And that's a dozen straight off the top of my head.

#56 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

Yes - is it really that difficult to think up a name that is villainous without being kitsch? Just flip through any continental phone book and should be able to find something usable. Like, say "Wittenstein" or maybe "Duplessis" or "Rautenbach", "Dierickx", "Romasko", "Lukyanuk", "Rintanen", "Kruuda", "Schmeiglich", "Quintana", "Teixeria" or "Gaspard". And that's a dozen straight off the top of my head.

Captain Tightpants is one straight off the top of mine. 

#57 Civilian_JamaisVu53_*

Civilian_JamaisVu53_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

I know I used that forum name once upon a time, but was that here? I remember the forum I used it in having a red and black design, but this one is white and blue.

#58 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

I know I used that forum name once upon a time, but was that here? I remember the forum I used it in having a red and black design, but this one is white and blue.

Depends on the skin.

I see red and black.

I also see an old and banned member.

Accordingly, now seeing red.

If I have anything to do with it, you disappear now.

Oh look, I do have something to do with it.

#59 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

Quick work, Jim, nicely done.

#60 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Captain Tightpants is one straight off the top of mine. 

That made me chuckle :D