#1 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69106

Sorry, it's just DAVE. Can an Administor fix that, thanks.

Anyway this guy is a MONSTER. 45 Years old at 6 feet 5 inches and about 290 lbs. This guy is bada**.

Now I have a reason to watch Guardians of the Galaxcy.

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Bitchin! I B)

#3 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:08 PM

Love Batista (his ring name spelled slightly different from his real name)! One of my favorite wrestlers and glad to see him getting the movie spotlight recently!

#4 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

Maybe he will be similar to oddjob? Harold Sakata was a former Westler and consider a top Bond henchman.......perhaps Bautista will be similar to him 

#5 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

At best, Dave Batista could be one of the greatest henchmen Bond has ever faced off against. At worst, he'll still be better than Anatole Taubman.

#6 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

Interesting news. At best he could rival Oddjob. At worst, he could just be a mindless thug.

Is that what we want?

_________________________________________________________________-

#7 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

I'm not sure my two favorite worlds were ever meant to truly meet... but, I digress. "The Animal" has been hot in the theaters lately and easily fits the specifications physically. Though I must admit, I did not see this one coming in the least bit!

Is that what we want?

I don't want that! I'm not sure the producers do either, as this guy oozes charisma and wit. In fact, Bond better be ready to be beaten down and have his nose rubbed in it once or twice before the film is over!

If they wanted a mindless thug, odds are, they could have checked up on Brock Lesnar's schedule! 

Edited by Trevelyan 006, 14 October 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#8 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

If they wanted a mindless thug, odds are, they could have checked up on Brock Lesnar's schedule! 

Nailed it!

#9 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:40 AM

Nailed it!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit A:

F5Np88l.gif

#10 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

Nailed it!

F5Np88l.gif

#11 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

Nailed it!

F5Np88l.gif

Well done, as I believe my opening has been supported with fantastic evidence! This video has sparked another thought, though.

I believe Eddie Guerrero would have made a superb henchman. One pertaining to the lying, cheating, and stealing variety.

Edited by Trevelyan 006, 14 October 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#12 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

I believe Eddie Guerrero would have made a superb henchman. One pertaining to the lying, cheating, and stealing variety.

Now what would ever give you that idea? ;)

#13 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

Finally, Craig has someone to face who really will tower over him!  Great news!

#14 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

I hope that Batista's end would rival both the final Red Grant and Oddjob fights....or even a recurring role like Jaws.

#15 bondjames

bondjames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Finally, Craig has someone to face who really will tower over him!  Great news!

Seeing your post made me flash back to the Almaric/Craig fight in QoS. What a completely one sided encounter. I think they gave Almaric an axe or something to make him look intimidating, but I just remember him screaming and wailing about like a woman while Craig beat the living crap out of him - pulled him by his hair (again, remnants of a chick fight) too if I recall.

So I concur - finally he has someone who can make the fight interesting. Now they need to choreograph it properly or it will be a total wasted opportunity.  No more Komodo dragon style 'too cute' encounters, but rather something brutal and hard hitting

#16 The Krynoid man

The Krynoid man

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Never followed wrestling, but he was great in Guardians of the Galaxy.

#17 Bond of Steele

Bond of Steele

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

#18 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Seeing your post made me flash back to the Almaric/Craig fight in QoS. What a completely one sided encounter. I think they gave Almaric an axe or something to make him look intimidating, but I just remember him screaming and wailing about like a woman while Craig beat the living crap out of him - pulled him by his hair (again, remnants of a chick fight) too if I recall.

So I concur - finally he has someone who can make the fight interesting. Now they need to choreograph it properly or it will be a total wasted opportunity.  No more Komodo dragon style 'too cute' encounters, but rather something brutal and hard hitting

Since we have former wrestler and MMA fighter on board, maybe we shall see more Expendables-style fights (well, at least from the first two episodes)?  :happy:

As for the Almaric-Craig final fight in QoS, you put it right, however that's what was really great about it. Bond films, in my opinion, have always had somehow weak endings, where they usually lose pace and tension. That was not the case with QoS. Greene's strenght relied on flair, manipulation abilities and accompanying thugs. Honestly, it's much more realistic, when a regular guy with no combat experience, no training that we know of is not capabe of matching in physical confrontation an extremely well-trained agent.

#19 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

Good god, I don't want any sort of fight scenes in the style of The Expendables. The Shanghai skyscraper fight between Patrice and Bond was just done so masterfully. 

#20 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Good god, I don't want any sort of fight scenes in the style of The Expendables. The Shanghai skyscraper fight between Patrice and Bond was just done so masterfully. 

Indeed!  And what I loved about that fight, apart from the choreography and the lighting, was that it was not dragged out.  Every fight scene in SKYFALL was short and therefore much more believable and effective.

I hate the fight scenes of contemporary cinema, with people hitting each other again and again, without feeling hurt at all, going on as if they were characters in a video game.  Takes me right out of the film, makes me lose the connection to the characters.

#21 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Indeed!  And what I loved about that fight, apart from the choreography and the lighting, was that it was not dragged out.  Every fight scene in SKYFALL was short and therefore much more believable and effective.

I hate the fight scenes of contemporary cinema, with people hitting each other again and again, without feeling hurt at all, going on as if they were characters in a video game.  Takes me right out of the film, makes me lose the connection to the characters.

Very well put. Skyfall, for me, was and still is, one of the best shot and choreographed action films in recent memory. The skyscraper fight was just short and sweet, it didn't need each man throwing one another around through glass panes to look "gritty". 

Today's action films are just a retread of the one's we've all seen before. Seen one' seen 'em all.

#22 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

Neither do I. I was just wondering whether Bautista has been chosen simply because of his physicality (and/or acting), or Mendes is going to use his.. hmm.. special skills somehow.

As much as I like The Expendables (all heroes of my youth put together...), I agree, fight scenes in Bond films, especially in Craig era, have its own style.

#23 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Batista can move quite well for a larger guy and, assuming he keeps his "Guardians" weight into Bond 24 shooting, could surprise some people who have never seen him wrestle.

#24 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Wait is this actually for real? This would be so awesome if this actually happened. I mean this would be like returning back to the older Bond movies with all of the henchmen.. I am actually pretty excited by this news!

#25 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Neither do I. I was just wondering whether Bautista has been chosen simply because of his physicality (and/or acting), or Mendes is going to use his.. hmm.. special skills somehow.

As much as I like The Expendables (all heroes of my youth put together...), I agree, fight scenes in Bond films, especially in Craig era, have its own style.

Well looking at how Bautista fit the criteria for the role they were looking to cast, I'd say that his overall size along with the praise and warm reception he garnered for Guardians Of The Galaxy pretty much sealed it. He's intimidating looking for sure, and dwarfs Craig in overall size, as well, and having a background in professional wrestling and being trained in mixed martial arts also adds in some, flavor too, per se. 

#26 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

Agreed that the Parice and Bond's skyscraper fight was brilliant. I loved the simplicity. No crazy camera movements, it really let you enjoy the brawl. Finally they have someone challenging for Craig's Bond, I expect them not to waste this opportunity.

#27 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Agreed that the Parice and Bond's skyscraper fight was brilliant. I loved the simplicity. No crazy camera movements, it really let you enjoy the brawl. Finally they have someone challenging for Craig's Bond, I expect them not to waste this opportunity.

Nor do I. Imagine what they would've done during the Brosnan era. I shudder to even think.

#28 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'm kind of embarrassed, I got all trigger happy when I created the post after reading about it. Seems like its only a rumor, no confirmation yet or other reports... If he is not cast it could be hard finding someone as intimidating.

#29 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

I'm kind of embarrassed, I got all trigger happy when I created the post after reading about it. Seems like its only a rumor, no confirmation yet or other reports... If he is not cast it could be hard finding someone as intimidating.

I'm quite confident that it's true. The original scoop came from Umberto Gonzales at Latino Review. He is well know for his accurate inside information and is usually correct.

Here is a link to his exclusive that kicked off all the other reports.

http://www.latino-re...role-in-bond-24

#30 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

Cool although I'm not sure about the name Hinx. Its to close to Jinx. How about Onix, to Pokemon ish?