171 replies to this topic

#61 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Strahovski is an awesome actress. Loved her in Dexter. However, apart from not being British, she is way too tall for Craig. She was too tall for Sutherland in the 24 reissue and spent most of the show in flats and hunching to not overshadow him. Craig will have to wear lifts to star opposite her sadly.

Agreed.  She's a very talented actress and would make the perfect Bond girl in the vein of Carey Lowell or Olga Kurylenko.

I could see it. Though I would see her slightly more like Barbara Bach.

Now hopefully they have something "delicious" (to quote Elliot Carver) in store for us for the British lead.

Karen Gillan, please let it be Karen Gillan. Or Yvonne Strahovski, but I highly doubt that one.

Karen Gillan cannot remotely act. 

Well, not with an American accent she can't. Besides, acting skills have never really been a requirement for Bond (Lazenby) or Bond girls (Richards, Roberts).

Despite my disagreement with people saying she can't act, I don't think we'll be seeing her in a Bond film at all, purely on the reason that Marvel have already snatched her for 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and I'm sure we'll see her return in at least one of the however many sequels they are planning to do for that. 

#62 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy would disqualify her from a one off Bond film. Especially seeing as Bond 24 is set to be released in 2015, whereas Guardians of the Galaxy 2 isn't until 2017. Personally, I think she's a fine actress and would be great opposite Craig.

#63 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy would disqualify her from a one off Bond film. Especially seeing as Bond 24 is set to be released in 2015, whereas Guardians of the Galaxy 2 isn't until 2017. Personally, I think she's a fine actress and would be great opposite Craig.

I'm thinking more along the lines of after Bond 24. I have high doubts that she'll be in Bond 24 too, due to the fact that she should be working on the film 'In a Valley of Violence' which is due December next year and a TV movie '7 Days In Hell' with Kit Harrington which is also due next year. 

Edited by GalaSilva, 12 October 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#64 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

More questions than answers. I understand, that since the idea of filming in Norway was dropped, the need for Scandinavian actress was no longer an issue. So that character must have somehow been connected with location where part of Bond 24 was suppose to take place. But since they chose to shoot in Austria, instead of Norway, shouldn't Austrian or German-speaking actress be cast for the role (unless, of course, Austria would double for some other country like, say, Switzerland, where French is one of the official languages..)? If Seydoux is in fact the secondary Bond girl, it means that her part had been seriously re-written. You don't get César Award nominated actress who was awarded with Palme d'Or simply to cast her for some minor part. With all due respect to all those Scandinavian actresses we've heard about for the last couple of months, they're all rather.. unknown. Unlike Seydoux. Okay, maybe I overthink all this. Maybe Lea's German is flawless. Maybe she can speak English with a German accent. Or maybe nationality of that particular character has never been as important as I believe. We'll soon find out. 

God, I love this time of pre-production, putting all those puzzles together..

#65 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:34 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they cast Emily Blunt as the British girl.

She was in London a few days ago, and she doesn't have any film work lined up at the moment.

#66 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

Maimie McCoy anyone? 

article-0-1A2A4AFC00000578-923_634x378.j

#67 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:34 AM

She was in London a few days ago, and she doesn't have any film work lined up at the moment.

Fair to say I'd be delighted with that. Something of a personal favourite...

#68 bondjames

bondjames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

Fair to say I'd be delighted with that. Something of a personal favourite...

Me too. I've always been a fan of hers.

#69 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:34 AM

Well, not with an American accent she can't. Besides, acting skills have never really been a requirement for Bond (Lazenby) or Bond girls (Richards, Roberts).

Even with an accent, I disagree. Well with EON attracting more and Oscar and other various award winning actors for major roles, I think the last thing they want is to cast someone that really isn't good.

DamnCoffee, on 12 Oct 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:I dunno, her finale Doctor Who stuff was really good. Infact, she was great from Season 6 onwards. She's apparently really good in Guardians but I have yet to see it, so I don't really know. I wouldn't say she can't act. It's just TV acting and Movie acting are entirely different things. 

I never really cared for her on Doctor Who, then again, I haven't liked Doctor Who since Eccleston. As for Guardians Of The Galaxy, there wasn't anything memorable about the villains, and she was one of three in the film. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of after Bond 24. I have high doubts that she'll be in Bond 24 too, due to the fact that she should be working on the film 'In a Valley of Violence' which is due December next year and a TV movie '7 Days In Hell' with Kit Harrington which is also due next year. 

Pretty much what I'm thinking too.

She only has one film (as far as I know) slated for next year, and that's Denis Villeneuve's Sicario, in which filming concluded around 2 months ago, I remember correctly. I've always liked her and I thought she was outstanding in Edge Of Tomorrow. Always thought she'd make a great Bond girl.

tumblr_magb3fo9xQ1rdim97o1_500.jpg

#70 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Emily Blunt would be an exceptional casting.

#71 bondjames

bondjames

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

For those hoping for Blunt (myself included), here's something which may tip the odds:

Seydoux is blonde as far as I know, so it's unlikely they will cast another blonde. Of course, they may dye each of their hair, but failing that, we are most likely in for a brunette, which tips the scales thankfully for Blunt rather than Frogatt (who has also been rumoured, and who I love on Downton Abbey - but I really think she's way too plain looking to be in Bond).

#72 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

For those hoping for Blunt (myself included), here's something which may tip the odds:

Seydoux is blonde as far as I know, so it's unlikely they will cast another blonde. Of course, they may dye each of their hair, but failing that, we are most likely in for a brunette, which tips the scales thankfully for Blunt rather than Frogatt (who has also been rumoured, and who I love on Downton Abbey - but I really think she's way too plain looking to be in Bond).

I'm actually starting to think more likely of Blunt being a Bond girl now. Especially considering she did dye her her hair brunette back in the beginning of summer for Sicario, and I believe she's still a brunette.

#73 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

Oh Lord, I would be SO ecstatic for Emily Blunt to be the main Bond girl!

#74 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Oh Lord, I would be SO ecstatic for Emily Blunt to be the main Bond girl!

Who wouldn't?

Edited by GalaSilva, 13 October 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#75 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Edited by AdaShelby, 13 October 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#76 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

[error]

You seemed to have caused an error...

#77 AdaShelby

AdaShelby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

[error]

You seemed to have caused an error...

I don't know what happened, I tried copying something I'd said in another forum but it seemed to have not worked :/ 

This is what I tried to post: How about Annabelle Wallis? (She appeared in 'Peaky Blinders', 'Fleming', 'X-Men: First Class' and more recently 'Annabelle')

normal_1x01-02-001.jpg

normal_1x01-01-005.jpg

#78 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

The only thing that I could see working against Blunt is that she is a far more established actress than many of the most recent castings. That said, Halle Berry did get cast....

#79 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

No Chance Emily Blunt get casted she a big name and I think producer want to stay away from that after the diaster in 2002 with Halle Berry..........I think she can played the part of Gala brand on the big screen.......

#80 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

No Chance Emily Blunt get casted she a big name and I think producer want to stay away from that after the diaster in 2002 with Halle Berry..........I think she can played the part of Gala brand on the big screen.......

Since Halle Berry, they've had success with big names such as Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes, so I thInk someone of her stature is still an option.

#81 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

The only thing that I could see working against Blunt is that she is a far more established actress than many of the most recent castings. That said, Halle Berry did get cast....

Except Emily Blunt is miles ahead of Berry in terms of acting skill. Emily Blunt > Halle Berry

Since Halle Berry, they've had success with big names such as Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes, so I thInk someone of her stature is still an option.

Agreed, with the casting of two big names like Bardem and Fiennes, I can see them attracting more big names now.

#82 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

Exactly.

Then there is Mendes's approach to film making and casting. We were told that Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes were in their minds from the start and the parts were written for them.

I strongly suspect that the main Bond girl's role has had the same approach. That a well known and respected actress was always on their mind throughout the writing, she was asked to do it and she accepted.

Hence the complete lack of any info on a casting search, unlike the other female role. 

#83 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Emily Blunt would be an exceptional casting.

It would. I'd be thrilled with someone like her being cast.

#84 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

I believe that Emily Blunt would fit with my above theory as would say, Keira Knightley. 

#85 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

I believe that Emily Blunt would fit with my above theory as would say, Keira Knightley. 

I agree with your theory there, and it makes perfect sense actually. However I personally Blunt is a better actress than Knightley.

#86 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

True. Felicity Jones is another who I suspect will be on their radar. Blunt still my preference though.

#87 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

Blunt and Knightley seem to have nothing on the horizon. 

I notice both are in London, or have been for the film festival.

For the record, Blunt would be my choice too.

#88 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

Blunt and Knightley seem to have nothing on the horizon. 

I notice both are in London, or have been for the film festival.

For the record, Blunt would be my choice too.

Kiera Knightley is lovely, but I agree, Emily Blunt is far better.

#89 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

Emily Blunt would be a great Bond girl but is this for sure confirmed that Lea Seydoux has been cast?

#90 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Irrespective of the quality of the film, 'Blue...', which I saw just last night, I thought she gave an amazing performance and appeared fantastically capable. 

She does appear quite different depending on how she is photographed; I would never have recognised her as the same person from the shot on the CBn front page, 'Blue..', nor from MI4.