This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Penelope Cruz to be "oldest Bond girl" in Bond 24 "next summer"?

78 replies to this topic

#31 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Don't they need a script before they get serious about picking the female lead?

#32 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

They might already have one.

#33 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Norwegian director Morten Tyldum has claimed that he was scouted by the producers, who offered him a script, so there indeed may be one in existence.

#34 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

I don't like this rumour one bit. In my opinion Mrs. Bardem doesn't possess even 1% of her hubbys acting talents and isn't that attractive either. So far during the Craig tenure we've had Italian, French, British and Ukrainian dark-haired Bond girls - it is time for Craig to bag a blonde!

#35 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

So far during the Craig tenure we've had Italian, French, British and Ukrainian dark-haired Bond girls - it is time for Craig to bag a blonde!

Agreed.

#36 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

that's what I said after QOS!

still if it was Jessica Chastain or Hayley Atwell I wouldn't mind. :)

#37 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'll be waiting for official confirmation of course, but I wouldn't mind Cruz in the movie. The fact she's Mrs Bardem could hold some weight, who knows. Possibly just more speculation passed off as fact. 

#38 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Possibly just more speculation passed off as fact. 

Most likely the case.  I would imagine, though, that Cruz would be on the list of possibilities that EON will be looking at for BOND 24, as she's an Academy Award winner.  I would imagine that looking at the list of nominees for the acting categories over the past 5-10 years could possibly yield the name of at least one cast member for BOND 24.

#39 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

I wouldn't mind this one, but I highly doubt it's true.

#40 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

James Bond 24 News Update: Penelope Cruz Will Not Star In James Bond

After rumors spread that Penelope Cruz would be the next Bond girl, reports are now stating that she will not be cast in James Bond 24.

According to USA Weekly, the Spanish actress has not spoken to producers about the film and is not in negotiations with Sony. The news source stated, "Penelope is not in talks to be a Bond girl in a James Bond movie. ... The stories are totally false."
 A few weeks ago Yahoo news reported that Cruz was being courted for the upcoming film. The source stated "The producers have tried to get Penelope before, but she has never been available because of other commitments. The discussions have been going on for some time and they are working out the contract details now. She got back into shape fast after the first baby and will no doubt regain her figure quickly this time. She'll be a great Bond girl. Bond girls are always brainy as well as sexy, and that's totally Penelope."
Neither Sony, the producers, nor Cruz's representatives have yet to comment on the rumors. Cruz is currently pregnant with her second child and has been out of the spotlight for a few months. The Academy Award winning actress is best known for her work in "Vicky Christina Barcelona," "Nine," "Volver," and "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." She will next appear in Pedro Almodovar's "I'm So Excited" and will star alongside Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz, and Michael Fassbender in Ridley Scott's upcoming film, "The Counselor."
http://www.latinospo...z-will-star.htm

I need a new actress for my signature now. Any ideas?

#41 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Geez, a rumor that was just a rumor? About a Bond girl?

#42 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Geez, a rumor that was just a rumor? About a Bond girl?

Unbelievable. I'm getting all nostalgic now. Has Gulshan Grover linked himself to BOND 24 yet?!

#43 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Feeling betrayed now...

#44 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I actually would have liked this one to be true.

#45 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

The Penelope Cruz rumour is back, but this time it's looking a little more concrete

The eagle-eyed folks at France's Premiere magazine noticed that in a recent release schedule update from Sony,Penelope Cruz was listed in the cast alongside Daniel Craig , Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris. Is it a mistake? Perhaps, and let's not forget that as early as last summer, rumors swirled that Cruz would be joining the film(following her husband Javier Bardem's turn as the villain in "Skyfall"). We're sure confirmation or denials or (more likely) silence will come down from on high soon enough.

But any rate, casting does seem to be moving along in earnest. Aftonbladet (via Bleeding Cool) reveals that Ida Engvoll and Disa Östrand (yeah, us either) have filmed screen tests for the movie. And it's a long way from screen test to casting, so we'll see if that actually pans out into anything.

There's two other names in there, but i doubt they're up for the Cruz role.

http://blogs.indiewi...r-film-20140410

#46 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

As with before, the Cruz rumor make sense, as EON now is seeming to look almost exclusively at Academy award winners and nominees to fill the major roles in the films.  Still, it's just a rumor at this stage.  I don't see any more evidence to support it at this point than there was the last time, as this current "evidence" amounts to little more than "Someone I know saw something". 

#47 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

It seems that Penelope Cruz's publicists has said that there is no truth in this.

#48 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

It seems that Penelope Cruz's publicists has said that there is no truth in this.

Is that a new denial you've seen? I remember them shooting the initial rumour down last summer.

#49 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Is that a new denial you've seen? I remember them shooting the initial rumour down last summer.

Yes, apparently it was tweeted on Friday.

#50 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

If they want a certain type of actress of that age I'd take Salma Hayek over Penelope Cruz any time. There's something about Cruz that's annoyed me since Vanilla Sky. I just don't get the appeal.

#51 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

More confirmation that this is not true.

The MailOnline managed to contact Penelope Cruz's representatives about the Sony France document with her name linked to Bond 24. 

A rep for Penelope said: 'Sorry, but it can only be a mistake. We’ve heard some rumors from the press, but there's absolutely no confirmation from us.'

http://www.dailymail...niel-Craig.html

#52 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

So the rep is basically confirming they haven't confirmed anything at this point?... Does that mean anything?... I suppose they said rumor...

#53 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

I do wish this rumor would just totally die off...it's getting annoying. :unsure:  Until Baz Bambigoye from the Daily Mail starts reporting this, THEN I'll believe there is some truth to Penelope Cruz being in Bond 24..

#54 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

My reading of the above is that the rep is saying that it simply is not true. 

#55 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Yep.  It was just old non-news.

#56 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Probably. Although that statement was worded badly enough to give them some wiggle room.

#57 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

I wouldn't mind if Penelope Cruz was the new Bond girl.. but I want someone fresh and new. I like Berenice a lot. She was new to me and she was stunning and curvy! I loved that she was curvy, it made me appreciate my own body more and it makes her sexier and the definition of a Bond woman. 

( I am not trying to diss people who aren't curvy, that's not what I am saying I just like curvy women as bond women ) 

#58 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

If they want a certain type of actress of that age I'd take Salma Hayek over Penelope Cruz any time. There's something about Cruz that's annoyed me since Vanilla Sky. I just don't get the appeal.

Vanilla Sky was and still is an absolute train wreck. That, and the maddeningly horrid adaptation of Sahara, are the two blights on what is otherwise a fantastic resume for Penelope Cruz. I've always been a fan of hers and still would welcome her to the Bond franchise without questions. Having said that, I still don't believe these rumors, despite the fact that they won't go away.

#59 Zen Razor

Zen Razor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

No complaints here she looks absolutely gorgeous, It matches since Craig is more older now as far as playing Bond.

#60 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'll only believe this Cruz rumor when I see it in an official EON press release.

As far as Cruz being in the movie - I'm all for it, she really is a stunner.