86 replies to this topic

#61 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Does anyone know if you can play PS3 games on the PS4. . I'm curious because I heard GTA V only just got a PS4 and X1 release. Anyway I like the PS4 design and am really learning towards that unless GTA V or even an older GTA game was released for the WII U however it appears unlikely that will happen at least any time soon. 

#62 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

PS4 will not natively play PS3 games as the PS4 does not have the cell processor. However, Sony should have the Gaikai cloud streaming up in 2014 and have said that they will be able to stream PS1, PS2 and PS3 games on PS3, PS4 and Vita. So to answer you question, not yet.

#63 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for clarifying that for me. 

#64 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

PS3 game will still be selling right.......wonder if PS4 games could be play on PS3? like PS2 on the PS3 

#65 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Does anyone know if you can play PS3 games on the PS4. . I'm curious because I heard GTA V only just got a PS4 and X1 release. Anyway I like the PS4 design and am really learning towards that unless GTA V or even an older GTA game was released for the WII U however it appears unlikely that will happen at least any time soon. 

I believe they are going for cloud support for that matter. GTA V is still being released on the Xbox 360 and PS3, though Wii U and PC ports are being planned, and as I am sure, so are PS4 and Xbox One ports.

#66 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Microsoft reverses course on XBOX One online requirements and used game policies

Excerpt:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games– After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

#67 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well, then, better start saving then ;)

#68 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Well, then, better start saving then ;)

In my mind, the damage is done. This just makes M$ even less trustworthy. This has nothing to do with the gamers and fans and everything to do with Sony (and probably Gamestop). If Sony had come out with the same policies as Microsoft, then MS would not backdown. This is all because they knew X1 would not be able to compete against PS4 if they continued down this road. I may now get an X1, but not until there is a price drop.

#69 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

http://www.gamespot....-report-6412555

Sony may be prepping a PS4/Vita bundle for $500.

#70 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

If only I cared enough to actually buy it. Anyways, with backwards compatibility not being present in the PS4, I've decided to buy a PS3 for only a handful of games, the Blu-Ray, and because the price is just right.

#71 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

I already have a Vita, so this bundle does nothing for me. I'll be picking up a PS4 at some point, just not sure when. But, honestly, a $400 product and a $250-300 product bundled together for $500 is a pretty darn good deal.

#72 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

No the price is great, but Handhelds don't interest me anymore. I play games on my Win 8 HTC 8x, so handhelds are useless for me. If PS4 had backwards compatibility, then I wouldn't mind buying it, but I'm going with the PS3, because It's already at a low price, when PS4 comes out, I guarantee it'll come down even more in price. Getting it just for mainly 5 games, Slowly start building up my Blu-Ray collection before I buy the Xbox One and yeah, that's about it.

#73 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://www.gamespot....olyneux-6412825

Oh boo frickety hoo.

#74 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

If it wasn't for the backlash, it'd still be terrible. Because of it, Microsoft learned it's lesson and reversed everything. What's unfair is how people still continue to go on about it and bash it, yet MS did everything to make sure the always online and DRM issues were gone completely.

It's over, they fixed it, it better, deal with it, live with it, move on.

#75 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

If it wasn't for the backlash, it'd still be terrible. Because of it, Microsoft learned it's lesson and reversed everything. What's unfair is how people still continue to go on about it and bash it, yet MS did everything to make sure the always online and DRM issues were gone completely.

It's over, they fixed it, it better, deal with it, live with it, move on.

Yep, those are my thoughts. Microsoft is releasing a better machine because of the backlash. Also, Kinect is no longer required. Now I finally might consider one.

#76 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'm buying one... Next Summer, when (because it will happen) the price drops. I've spent enough on the Special GameStop edition of Grand Theft Auto V, Call Of Duty: Ghosts: and I'm also planning on getting the PS3. I'll be broke by the end of the year lol.

#77 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

I may wait until next summer too. Mainly because I will be in Spain until then. I agree with you though. There are still plenty of X360/PS3 games to hold us over until then: Grand Theft Auto V, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Beyond: Two Souls, Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

#78 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

I'm getting the PS3 for just a handful of games and to slowly start building up a Blu-Ray collection.

Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, The Last Of Us, and The Sly Cooper games.

Christmas comes early with GTAV haha.

#79 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'll stay content with my 360 until the prices drop

#80 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm getting the PS3 for just a handful of games and to slowly start building up a Blu-Ray collection.

While I think GTA4 is one of the most overrated games ever, GTAV looks incredible.

All great games (well except for Beyond as I can't yet comment on that one, definitely excited for it though). The Sly collection is very well done as is Thieves in Time. Even though SP didn't make it, you couldn't tell the difference.

#81 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

GTAIV in terms of story is about a solid 6/10. The game as a whole is a 7/10.

#82 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

GTAIV in terms of story is about a solid 6/10. The game as a whole is a 7/10.

I rate it about a 7.5. I never got more than 1/3 through the main story before I got bored of it. I rate it mostly for the detail in the city. But you can't enter many buildings, the driving and shooting mechanics suck, the story is bland and the only thing to really do in the city is play darts and drive drunk (way to go on that one Rockstar). Really it's only redeeming quality is that it gave us the excellent Ballad of Gay Tony. The Lost and the Damned was awful, but BoGT really added some good story and gameplay to an otherwise lackluster game.

#83 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

While I think GTA4 is one of the most overrated games ever, GTAV looks incredible.

GTAIV isn't even the most overrated game in the series.  That accolade would belong to GTA: VICE CITY, which was one of the biggest disappointments I can ever remember in gaming.  Certainly not deserving of all of the 10/10 ratings it received back in the day.

GTAIV doesn't deserve all of the flack that it gets, at least when the same criticisms aren't aimed at the rest of the games in the franchise.  It's a good game, but there were obviously a lot of areas in which it could have been better.  Both of its expansion packs were lacking as well.  THE LOST AND THE DAMNED was awful and THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY was, at best, mediocre. 

GTAV simply looks like it will be more of the same, with slightly updated graphics.  The only thing that appears to be new this time around, the ability to switch between the three characters on the fly, is about as pointless a gimmick as I can remember in recent gaming releases.

#84 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

GTAIV isn't even the most overrated game in the series.  That accolade would belong to GTA: VICE CITY, which was one of the biggest disappointments I can ever remember in gaming.  Certainly not deserving of all of the 10/10 ratings it received back in the day.

GTAIV doesn't deserve all of the flack that it gets, at least when the same criticisms aren't aimed at the rest of the games in the franchise.  It's a good game, but there were obviously a lot of areas in which it could have been better.  Both of its expansion packs were lacking as well.  THE LOST AND THE DAMNED was awful and THE BALLAD OF GAY TONY was, at best, mediocre. 

GTAV simply looks like it will be more of the same, with slightly updated graphics.  The only thing that appears to be new this time around, the ability to switch between the three characters on the fly, is about as pointless a gimmick as I can remember in recent gaming releases.

To an extent, IV is just simply okay. It's nothing great. It gets praise for the story, but the story starts off okay, and just becomes repetitive and the same old "American Dream" story that's been done in other mediums dozens of times. Vice City is my favorite, it had everything: the characters, the location, the 80's inspired themes and story. Most overrated game in the franchise would have to go to San Andreas.

The Lost Damned was just an overly long, bad episode of Sons Of Anarchy, and The Ballad Of Gay Tony was just "meh". Very underwhelming DLC. GTAV looks to be vastly improving things from IV. I love the idea of three different characters with their own stories and they work together pulling off jobs.

#85 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

We'll see how GTAV pans out. The story seems vastly more promising than the shallow one from 4. GTA3 and Vice City are easily the series' best. Vice City has the best setting and I love the Scarface-esque storyline. GTA3 reinvented the concept of a what a video game could be. Never before had we an open world type game like that. The story wasn't the best, but it was the sheer variety of what could be done in a fully realized (albeit relatively small) city. San Andreas' main attraction is it's large scope. Driving through the mountains and the countryside is interesting and something that was taken to new levels years later in Red Dead Redemption. Also, let's not forget the great performance by Sam Jackson. Having said that, I would agree that San Andreas is incredibly overrated, but not as much as GTA4.

#86 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sony had a good showing at Gamescom. They're committment to indie gaming is absolutely insane. 15 new indie games were shown off. It gives the PS4 a stronger line-up both at launch and soon after. However, it's disappointing that they didn't show off at least 1 new major AAA game. It would've been nice to see Santa Monica's new project. We all know Naughty Dog would wait unti the VGAs, but I think Sony could've helped itself by showing off at least one new thing. But overall, Sony did a pretty good job and now we know when we'll be playing Playstation 4: November 15. Your play Microsoft.

#87 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Xbox One to launch in 13 territories on November 22. One week later in the US than PS4 and one week earlier in Europe than PS4. Interesting. I will be getting PS4 first and Xbox One once Quantum Break is ready.