This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Could Idris Elba be the next James Bond?

513 replies to this topic

Poll: Could Idris Elba be the next James Bond?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Could Idris Elba be the next James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If Idris Elba is announced as the next James Bond...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is it basically too early to be asking about the next Bond, whoever it is?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#511 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

We're still having this conversation, huh?

Unfortunately, yes.

#512 Emrayfo

Emrayfo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:58 AM

Unfortunately, yes.
Actually, we're not, not really anyway. All that could have been said has been said ad infinitum. Rubixcub's comments already appear in various forms numerous times through this thread.

I merely awakened this dormant thread - clearly a mistake on my part - to share an interesting edit of the SPECTRE trailer with a 'what if' of Elba as the Bond in SPECTRE. If Elba ever could have been Bond, it would have been over the same period as Craig. He concedes this. No need to go over it any more.

I was hoping for some interesting comments to the fake trailer rather than yet another re-hash of all the well-rehearsed arguments. Oh well...

#513 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:38 AM

I enjoyed the fake trailer.  And, I like Idris Elba's acting.  He definitely has the aura of a Bond-esque character.  I would enjoy Idris as 008 (or 6, or 9).  The 00-section has room for all.  Too bad Tyler Perry got the role of the Alex Cross reboot.  Idris would have owned that role.

#514 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

Unfortunately, yes.
Actually, we're not, not really anyway. All that could have been said has been said ad infinitum. Rubixcub's comments already appear in various forms numerous times through this thread.

I merely awakened this dormant thread - clearly a mistake on my part - to share an interesting edit of the SPECTRE trailer with a 'what if' of Elba as the Bond in SPECTRE. If Elba ever could have been Bond, it would have been over the same period as Craig. He concedes this. No need to go over it any more.

I was hoping for some interesting comments to the fake trailer rather than yet another re-hash of all the well-rehearsed arguments. Oh well...

Well, a lot of people have very strong feelings on this topic.  I'm still dead set against Elba as Bond, but would love to see him as a 009 type character that could be spun off into his own series.

That would give EON another property - and a potentially very cool property, too.