#61 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

The Netherlands!

The short sequence in DAF doesn't realy count, you don't see very much of the country and Bond is speaking... German! That's something of an insult!

#62 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

I´m obviously for Spain.

A lot to see yet: Barcelona, Gothic Cathedrals (León, Burgos), Almería desert, Sevilla (forget Night and Day, that was NOT Spain), the windmills of La Mancha (symbollic, aren´t they?)...

#63 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Australia
Japan
Somewhere snowy

Also why not a little more in provincial UK, there are some evocative British locales outside London they could utilise.

I know! The Scottish moors! :)

This time around, the snow story need not be located in central Europe. It could be anywhere with peaks and snow.

I've always thought that Mount Kilimanjaro would make an excellent Bond location. It's loaded with ski resorts and hiking stations, which would provide an excuse to send Bond there. It would have made an excellent gag location during the Moore era. Picture it: the PTS begins with Bond in a parka skiing through a snowy landscape, with suitably dark, minor-key music, all suggesting that he's in Siberia. Some mooks appear and give chase, and within a few minutes Bond has skied to the bottom of the mountain, arriving into the midst of giraffes and elephants.

Brilliant idea. From your lips to the producers' ears.