61 replies to this topic

#61 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm not sure do I like it,  don't or only so much that I like, after seeing the trailer. All I know is a good close to the real world type spy movie has a lot of drama and suspense and only when need then there will be action.  The movie poster of it is not that great, they should of have done it in the tradition of The Hunt For Red October, Clear And Present Danger or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. That kind of a style, they DID NOT need to have Jack Ryan holding a handgun at all. IF I had to grade the movie poster I give it a C Not a C+ or C-. Over at both movieweb and Imdb they say Jack Ryan is a Covert CIA Analyst, which there is no such thing at all. As we all know there are CIA Analyst(which Jack Ryan is), CIA Operation Officer and CIA Operation Officer In Special Activities Division(which John Clark is). I don't know, but are the film makers trying to use a little or so much of the super spy formula into the movie, like Vince Flynn who does that in his novels.

So what do all of you here at commanderbond think about the movie and so on.

Edited by Syndicate, 05 October 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#62 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm watching Patriot Games at the moment, it has always been my least favorite of the films. I suspect Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit will be at least better then that.