428 replies to this topic

#31 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I guess so. The outdoor stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.

#32 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

That article's English doesn't sound particularly confident - it's entirely possible the trailer's drop date is accurate, but the implication it's already been finished is not. I'd imagine Shanghai, London exteriors, and Pinewood interiors will be the primary focus.

#33 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

I believe it's already done. Deakins says on his forum that it was being cut in February. It's definitely complete by now.

#34 Secret007

Secret007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yes. I believe they have this month and next month left to continuing filming. Then their is always some time given for re-shoots. It is also quite possible that they will film alternate endings. If Judi Dench does confirm herself when she is allowed to that she is leaving the franchise, then I will be saddened by it. However, if i may use my imagination, isn't it quite possible that Miss "M" might not actually die (or look like she is dead from the villains point of view) and return in the James Bond 2014? Could "M" play possum until the next movie in 2014 and make a surprise appearance?
Okay. I'm ready. Give it to me good now. Call me a bugger.

(outdoor stuff just tip of iceberg). I was thinking the same thing. We haven't seen any photosgraphs of what they have filmed inside Pinewood Studios except for 2 interviews were we saw a fake set of London Underground. I can't wait to see the SKYFALL teaser trailer the weekend of May 25 on the Internet. The computer will be freezing that day.

#35 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm due to be in Brazil on 25th May, so guess I'll have to track down an internet cafe at the first possible opportunity!

Also, perhaps this thread should be moved from the non-spoiler section... A few details are creeping in to discussion that I guess not everyone really wants to know at this stage!

#36 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Oh, man. May 25th sounded so close when we found out. Now, looking at the calendar, it feels achingly far off!

#37 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'm due to be in Brazil on 25th May, so guess I'll have to track down an internet cafe at the first possible opportunity!

Also, perhaps this thread should be moved from the non-spoiler section... A few details are creeping in to discussion that I guess not everyone really wants to know at this stage!

I second this. The comment with the huge spoiler is uncool.

#38 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

I second this. The comment with the huge spoiler is uncool.

I agree as well.

#39 Secret007

Secret007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

The rumor spoiler that was first released in January when Ralph Fiennes added "It is only speculation", has come back to light again this month, now they have added that it has been filmed. It is still just rumor. However, I am beginning to believe that thier is truth to it. I do have behind-the-scene photographs on my Secret_007 Yahoo Group site of some scenes they filmed at the Old Royal Navy College last January. One room was re-dressed to look like a morgue and in another location at the College, flowers are placed outside all around in a way as if someone had died. These photos were discribed as preparing the scene with "flower tributes".

#40 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

I do have behind-the-scene photographs on my Secret_007 Yahoo Group site of some scenes they filmed at the Old Royal Navy College last January. One room was re-dressed to look like a morgue and in another location at the College, flowers are placed outside all around in a way as if someone had died. These photos were discribed as preparing the scene with "flower tributes".

You fail to mention that the photos were lifted from a Flickr account (mine, in fact) and have been reposted without any sort of credit. And in fact, the photos aren't preparing a scene at all; it's clearing away at the end of filming.

#41 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

I can't wait to see the SKYFALL teaser trailer the weekend of May 25 on the Internet.

If past experience is anything to go by, the teaser trailer will be on-line a few days before it hits cinemas. I'd expect to get our first look sometime between 21st and 25th, or even before that...

#42 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Indeed. We'll get it in beautiful boot-leggy quality on the Thursday, then it will appear in theatres on Friday, and they'll make it official online Monday morning.

#43 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Actually, the last twice it was an official on-line release before the cinema.

#44 Secret007

Secret007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

OOH! Shrublands just raised my eyebrow. Seeing the teaser trailer before the people in the movies do? I can go for that. You know on May 24, I'm going to be looking on the official 007 website and Sony and Yahoo and You Tube just to see if they have the trailer first. If I don't have to work, I will be up at Midnight May 25, just to see if they have put it on the Internet. I would even settle for a video camcorder of the previews before the midnight showing of Men in Black 3, put on You Tube. I really want to see this James Bond movie. I even got my Fandango money ready to make a reservation in November.
Sony Pictures already has a spot on their site preparing for SKYFALL, so I bet the trailer will be on their too.

Edited by Secret007, 08 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#45 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

In the interest of (possibly) showing a pattern, this was the press-release for the QoS teaser and how it would debut on the net a few days before it was shown attached to Hancock in cinemas.

Moviegoers Get First Look at 007 in Quantum of Solace as Trailer Makes its Global Debut Online June 30 and in Theaters Attached to Columbia Pictures’ Hancock

CULVER CITY, Calif., June 26 – Moviegoers eager for their first look at Quantum of Solace, the highly anticipated Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/Columbia Pictures release of EON Productions’ 22nd James Bond adventure, will be able to catch the new theatrical trailer for the film, featuring expanding footage of the film, on television and on the internet Monday, June 30th, and in theaters when it is attached to Columbia Pictures’ Hancock. The trailer will make its debut on AOL.com (domestic) and MSN.com (international) in an exclusive two-hour window Monday morning, 9:00am – 11:00am PDT. The trailer will be dubbed or subtitled in 13 languages.
Following the exclusive online break, at 11:00am PDT (2:00pm EDT; 7:00pm London time), the trailer will be sent via satellite to media outlets worldwide.

#46 Secret007

Secret007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

You're great, Shrublands. We forget little things like that after 4 years. Of course, they would make an official announcement. In 2008, I worked overnite and slept in the daytime, so I missed alot of stuff in real time. I'm glad you still have that announcement. Putting in the Pacific Time and London Time really helps. When they start using Greenwich time and Universal time, it messes me all up and I have to look it up in an Almanac and try to figure it out. GRRR!
By the way, I am sure CommanderBond.net will have a link to the teaser trailer too.

#47 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I believe it's already done. Deakins says on his forum that it was being cut in February. It's definitely complete by now.

link please?

#48 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

link please?

http://www.deakinson....php?f=3&t=1941

#49 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can't wait for the teaser. Men in black here I come!

#50 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

The only MEN IN BLACK worth a damn.

#51 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

You know what this means guys... NEW BOND THEME!

#52 Secret007

Secret007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

With it only being a teaser trailer you know we are going to beg for more. Have any idea the length of time between the teaser trailer and the full movie trailer?

#53 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

A Friday? well, that's me taking the day off work sick...............well. no, not quite! but I might sneak to the toilet and have a peak
on my phone.

#54 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Plus now they seem to be doing trailers for trailers!

#55 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Just wondering how many folks will buy the ticket for MIB3, sit in the theatre, watch the SKYFALL trailer, then leave? (It would be worth it to me.)

#56 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just wondering how many folks will buy the ticket for MIB3, sit in the theatre, watch the SKYFALL trailer, then leave? (It would be worth it to me.)

Here in Canada some movie theaters will give you your money back if you leave the film in the first 45 minutes. So free big screen trailer previews in Canada, any one?

#57 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Certain theater chains here *cough* Empire Theatres *cough* also start screening domestic wide releases well ahead of their date. M:I-4 released wide December 21st this past year - I saw it, no joke, in an empty theatre with my friends on December 16th. Asked the manager how that was even possible, she claimed it had to do with a special relationship between the company handling M:I's Canadian distribution rights and the specific theater chain.

I also asked how those numbers were factored in - IE, are those extra 6 days' worth of screenings rolled into the "opening day" B.O. to artifically inflate the number, and she just smiled and replied, "I can't tell you that."

So, moral of the story: if I'm crazy lucky, maybe I'll get MIB3 and the Skyfall trailer a week early, too - especially if it's attached.

#58 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Certain theater chains here *cough* Empire Theatres *cough* also start screening domestic wide releases well ahead of their date. M:I-4 released wide December 21st this past year - I saw it, no joke, in an empty theatre with my friends on December 16th. Asked the manager how that was even possible, she claimed it had to do with a special relationship between the company handling M:I's Canadian distribution rights and the specific theater chain.

I also asked how those numbers were factored in - IE, are those extra 6 days' worth of screenings rolled into the "opening day" B.O. to artifically inflate the number, and she just smiled and replied, "I can't tell you that."

So, moral of the story: if I'm crazy lucky, maybe I'll get MIB3 and the Skyfall trailer a week early, too - especially if it's attached.

me too but the nearest empire threatre for me been shutdown......and I not crazy about MIB3 but I dying to see the trailer somehow......

I am guess that the teaser trailer will be leaked online far ahead like TDKR

#59 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

The rumor spoiler that was first released in January when Ralph Fiennes added "It is only speculation", has come back to light again this month, now they have added that it has been filmed. It is still just rumor. However, I am beginning to believe that thier is truth to it. I do have behind-the-scene photographs on my Secret_007 Yahoo Group site of some scenes they filmed at the Old Royal Navy College last January. One room was re-dressed to look like a morgue and in another location at the College, flowers are placed outside all around in a way as if someone had died. These photos were discribed as preparing the scene with "flower tributes".

Secret007, what is your issue?

Feel free not to post spoilers in this area. There is a different section for those. There are some of us out there that do not want to know the outcome of key points of the story (speculation or not).

Edited by Gt Munn, 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#60 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Just wondering if anyone has a clue yet as to when the first trailer is coming. The last two films with Craig they released a small teaser trailer before filming wrapped up, so does anyone know if they'll do that for this one and when?
Just wondering...

So, what your saying here is that we have a SKYFALL teaser teaser????