507 replies to this topic

#91 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

My assumption is that this house (Dalness Lodge?) will be a home that Bond inherited from his parents, and will act as a safehouse when he and M have to flee London. Hopefully that will be the limit to how far they dig into Bond's history.

I think it's Albert Finney's place. My theory, based on nothing, is that Bond leaves M (an assassination target) there after they escape from London, wrongly assuming she'll be safe, and returns to London, where he teams up with Naomie Harris' character.

#92 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

How cool would an attack from the mountain tops be? Kind of like when Lawrence attacked Accaba from the desert. Their defenses would be down from that direction - that's for sure.

#93 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Guess they finished.

Clarabellou Clare
Spotted at Glasgow airport tonight, Dame Judy Dench closely followed by Daniel Craig in a beanie hat! Must be filming new Bond in Scotland

#94 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Guess they finished.

Clarabellou Clare
Spotted at Glasgow airport tonight, Dame Judy Dench closely followed by Daniel Craig in a beanie hat! Must be filming new Bond in Scotland

Nice spot. I read yesterday that Daniel Craig was spotted at Heathrow so must have been a one-day trip for him this week, and presumably he'll be involved at Vauxhall Bridge over the weekend. Wonder if they'll be back in Scotland for a longer sequence at a later date...

#95 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23742760/

Posted Image

#96 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

I’m not certain I believe this – but it’s possible I suppose. So I’ll post it here for people’s thoughts. This article claims that Skyfall did film on Loch Crinan after all, just before Christmas. There was lots of boat action and explosions by the sound of it. Loch Crinan is where Duntrune Castle is located –
Could they be filming there after all?

Highland boatmen take James Bond’s Skyfall on a coarse boating trip
IN the run up to Christmas, the tiny West Scotland village of Crinan was swamped by film crews capturing the blistering finale for Skyfall the new Bond Film.
Duntrune Castle (the oldest intact and inhabited castle in Scotland) on the north side of Loch Crinan was to be a central point and there were to be boat chases, explosions and the usual over-the-top Bond ructions galore.
The Loch has little in the way of soft sandy beaches and rocks are everywhere.
Regrettably, there were no Italian Cruise Liner Captains around so the film crews hired local boatmen to steer the craft being being filmed in chase sequences. Unlike the Costa Concordia crew, the sturdy Highlanders were instructed to go like hell and stay hidden from the cameras but, for ‘God’s sake’ above all else, keep the highly paid, allegedly macho and/or beautiful, people starring in the film alive and well.
One classic West Highland story is just filtering out in the odd conversation or two in Argyll hostelries.
One of the Crinan area old salts was told to get into a boat which had small holes drilled to allow him to look directly forward and then steer the craft around Loch Crinan at high speed. Meanwhile the various superstars such as Daniel Craig (Bond) looked frantically busy at helms which were not connected to anything.
The boatman was asked by ‘The big director’: “How do you do it? How do you manage to keep such an accurate course when you have such poor visibility.”
Aye well, it’s like this Sir,” replied the boatman. “I pick two or three points on the hill above the castle and then I know exactly where I am.”
The Big Director then asked: “Which two points?”
Hooked! Thought the boatman:
“That sheep on the left and the Highland Cow just to the right.”
“Ah I see,” said the now seriously worried big man exiting rapidly left.
Of such stuff are Highland Legends told and retold.
It also alleged the same boatman wickedly hooked the Big Man once more with: “Do you know Sir? If I wrote a script about how these films are made and what really goes on it may juust be a better wee film than the original.”
See? Captain Francesco Schettino of the Costa Concordia would have avoided having the weight of the world on his shoulders if he had picked the right cow to be watching so intently while on the bridge..
I’ll just get me lifeboat and go…

http://www.anorak.co...ting-trip.html/

#97 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hmm, the tongue-in-cheek tone with which it's written doesn't help its case, but I suppose it's certainly possible. Seems quite a random thing to make up if it's not at least partially based on fact.

#98 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hmm, the tongue-in-cheek tone with which it's written doesn't help its case, but I suppose it's certainly possible. Seems quite a random thing to make up if it's not at least partially based on fact.

That's what I thought, but as you say, the tongue-in-cheek tone makes it read like a joke.

#99 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

What a thoroughly weird piece of text.

#100 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

When the first reports of Scotland as a location broke, a lot of people thought it was pretty lame that the manor house would be a part of Bond's family, and everyone ran with wild guesses that the death of his parents would factor into the plot. But I've just come up with a theory that would see Bond's family house in the film without being lame - my theory is that by the end of SKYFALL, Bond and M will be on the run from an enemy that comes very close to killing them. The manor house in Scotland, which once belonged to Bond's father, becomes their safehouse and Bond lures Javier Bardem to it with the promise of giving up M.

#101 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

The manor house in Scotland, which once belonged to Bond's father,

But Bond’s father was a middle-class businessman, not part of landed gentry. To change his class background so dramatically at this stage, particularly when Bond is played by Craig, would be ridiculous. Fleming always said that he didn’t want Bond to part of the creaky old British tradition that the hero was Lord Caruthers or the like. Doing anything like this would be a huge step backwards and…Well, lame in the extreme.

#102 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

I don´t know, somehow I´m not looking forward to seeing Bond´s family involved. M is already a mother figure. I hope this will not get too soapy.

#103 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

The manor house in Scotland, which once belonged to Bond's father,

But Bond’s father was a middle-class businessman, not part of landed gentry.

New money?

#104 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Here we go guys!! Hankley mountain for the Skyfall finale!

Patrick Haveron @patrickhaveron
The 'Scottish Monastery' #skyfall Bond set close-up on Hankley. http://twitpic.com/8ini6z

Patrick Haveron @patrickhaveron
Hankley Mountain bike snowride around #skyfall James Bond set today http://twitpic.com/8infyv

It seems they've found the place to build the set, at last...

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 11 February 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#105 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Some more pics here:
http://usinuk.co.uk/blog/archives/6547

#106 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!

Posted Image

"Sherlock nears the summit"

#107 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Coincidentally, the Ministry of Defense has decided to close the military harbour area on the Hankley Common Training Area to civilian vehicles...

http://www.cisionwir...common,c9218845

Sam Mendes, you're a fox! ;)

#108 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Here are the plans, guys! Chapel and manor house.
http://plandocs.wave...g&viewdocs=true

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 12 February 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#109 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Coincidentally, the Ministry of Defense has decided to close the military harbour area on the Hankley Common Training Area to civilian vehicles...

Sam Mendes, you're a fox! ;)

why? you think there is some filming for skyfall?

#110 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Sam Mendes, you're a fox! Posted Image

why? you think there is some filming for skyfall?

They are going to control the acces to the area in order to let the filming to take place and prevent any intrusion from paparazzi and/or onlookers.

Have fun!

Spoiler

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 12 February 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#111 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

According to Appendix C, the Technical Brief for Filming, there is a helicopter involved, as well as a "general fight sequence", "explosion/crash sequence", and "aftermath sequence".

Hadn't thought of this until now, but is it possible they could finally be using the deleted "country house" sequence from Michael France's first draft of GoldenEye?

#112 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

According to Appendix C, the Technical Brief for Filming, there is a helicopter involved, as well as a "general fight sequence", "explosion/crash sequence", and "aftermath sequence".

Hadn't thought of this until now, but is it possible they could finally be using the deleted "country house" sequence from Michael France's first draft of GoldenEye?

what is the deleted "country house" from GE?

#113 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

what is the deleted "country house" from GE? Do you have the first draft of GE? can I see it?

#114 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Why would they? They would only use it if it fit the demands of the story.

#115 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Why would they? They would only use it if it fit the demands of the story.

Well, stripped of its story specifics (as the other sequences reused from that screenplay have been), it'd still be a pretty good sequence, and the description couldn't help but make me think of it -- character in a manor house, with a helicopter, lots of explosions, etc...

Once we get plot details, we'll know for sure if it's not. I've only really brought this up because of how, upon reading the France draft, I was struck by how astonishingly close its plane chase followed the QOS plane chase, nearly beat-for-beat (with the exception of a small portion involving a flight through a narrow canyon) -- so it wouldn't surprise me if, stripped of plot specifics, we get an explosive sequence involving a villain storming into the house, his goons killing people on sight, and somehow confronting Bond.

Think it fits, somehow. :-)

#116 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

What you do for living Mr. Ferrari? :D

Just kidding, thanks for your amazing support with this exclusive stuff in the last months.

xxx

#117 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks Luigi, you are amazing. Since this might take some time and effort, I would like to ask you, if it is ok to post your finds in other forums or rather not?
Aren't theyx supposed to be in Turkey in March? Or does that mean flying force and back?

#118 ggl

ggl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Great work, Luigi.

All this obviously confirms an exploding-big-bang-end...

#119 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Great work, Luigi.

All this obviously confirms an exploding-big-bang-end...

Yes, a night time assault (5 of the 7 days will be night shoots) and, with mention of a helicopter in vision, a chopper attack on the remote Scottish safe-house.
A big, explosive, classic Bond climax!

#120 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

http://www.heraldsco...lencoe.16720551

Nothing really new though...