This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Daniel Craig Slams the Kardashians

159 replies to this topic

Poll: Daniel Craig speaks his brain

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you agree with him?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Regardless of the above, has he rather cheapened himself by doing this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do you require of Daniel Craig?

Who or what would you like him to have a go at next in his crusade to tell us his necessary thoughts on critical stuff? He's sooo right! C'mon Daniel, you MUST tell us. TELL US. We are nothing without your wisdom.

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Then best do exactly that. Its fine, if you don't like the swearing but classifying a person by it, is rather poor. Maybe you should make an effort to actually READ, what he is saying and then you maybe find, he is far from being classless - au contraire..honesty alone these days is an act of class, don't you think? In a world, where most celebs/politicians etc choose their wording just to make them sound like the greatest chaps on earth. Is that what you call class? Refined words telling lies?

He's an actor and, accordingly, trained to lie. Are you sure this fairly easy targeting of some hopeless cretins isn't simply another performance?

Since Schofield just quoted something DC said to make his point, then we should stick to it and give his "I am a bad lier" the same treatment. So yes, I am sure, it is not just another performance. If he was able to act or deciding to act during interviews, may it be on paper or on TV, he would do a better job probably, but he is just being himself with all the shortcomings he has and to which he very openly admitted.
One can loathe a person, but should have enough class to give him SOME credit.

Not sure where you have the loathe thing from - certainly don't loathe him, don't know him well enough to loathe him - I like him as James Bond, and that's all I need to like him as, this being a James Bond website rather than a Daniel Craig website. He's passing through, and doing a perfectly fine job whilst he does it. Unconvinced that we need to know his personal views - honest or not - on other stuff or consider them of any value whatsoever.

#92 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

He has now officially offended the ever large portion of Bond fandom: the E! channel die-hards. As their representative, I will now campaign to replace Daniel with Kris Humphries!

Are you kidding??? Offending E-Channel Die-Hards? That's like throwing feces at a monkey cage.

#93 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

What should Craig apologise? Saying what everyone - except the Kardashians - thinks?

Surely they have to know they're some of the most-hated people on the planet.

"To the whole Kardahian clan, please let me take this oppotunity to humbly apologize and say that I am sorry that I publicly acknowleged that the lot of you are nothing more but shallow, materialistic, talentless attention whores, not worthy of the revenue your stupid little shows generate. And further, to your fan base, I wish to say that you'd best take a leaf blower to that double-wide. It's getting a little musty in there."

I'm Daniel Craig, and I APPROVED this message.

#94 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

That still a topic??? Most peculiar really.

#95 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Unconvinced that we need to know his personal views - honest or not - on other stuff or consider them of any value whatsoever.

Since this is the Daniel Craig thread, its more then normal, that HE is discussed and not JB. For that, we have ALL the other sides. Right? But you are so involved in something you obviously have no interest in, that you even made a poll, a quite long one even - go figure..

#96 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Unconvinced that we need to know his personal views - honest or not - on other stuff or consider them of any value whatsoever.

Since this is the Daniel Craig thread, its more then normal, that HE is discussed and not JB. For that, we have ALL the other sides. Right?

Wrong. It's the James Bond film era part of these James Bond forums.

#97 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Can we have [censored]ing internet polls as an option up there? :D

#98 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

Since this is the Daniel Craig thread, its more then normal, that HE is discussed and not JB. For that, we have ALL the other sides. Right?

Jim, go up and down all the other past Bond actors threads and you will find find much of the same. Don't make me write down a million and one example for that - now THAT would be cruel - but manageable.

A poll - whether or not the actors can be discussed on whatver they do in their own sections? Jim knows, how to do polls, maybe he likes to do one more.

#99 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

A poll - whether or not the actors can be discussed on whatver they do in their own sections? Jim knows, how to do polls, maybe he likes to do one more.

Milady, we all should thank your for your fantastic contributions to these boards. You and Mr. Luigi are some of our finnest web spies. That being said. I think there´s no real reason to argue here, except if you and Jim have free time in your hands and nothing more profound to do with it. The title of this thread says it all. There´s nothing Bond related there and if a mod or anybody for that matter doesn´t close it, then it´s safe to assume we can discuss all things about an actor who happens to play Bond. Topics like Daniel Craig dvd checklist or Craig and Weisz wed! are enough to support that. Anyways, just my two pence here, I´ve got nothing to do with your quarrel, so do carry on dear fellow fans. But be nice, for all our sakes ;)

#100 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Jim, go up and down all the other past Bond actors threads and you will find find much of the same.

You're right, that would be unbearably tedious. Goes to show how banal things like this are, though. Good point.

Don't make me write down a million and one example for that - now THAT would be cruel - but manageable.

That, too, would be unbearably tedious, so I won't make you do any such thing.

Not especially. The word "tedious" springs to mind. I sense a theme developing.

#101 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Milady, we all should thank your for your fantastic contributions to these boards. You and Mr. Luigi are some of our finnest web spies. That being said. I think there´s no real reason to argue here, except if you and Jim have free time in your hands and nothing more profound to do with it. The title of this thread says it all. There´s nothing Bond related there and if a mod or anybody for that matter doesn´t close it, then it´s safe to assume we can discuss all things about an actor who happens to play Bond. Topics like Daniel Craig dvd checklist or Craig and Weisz wed! are enough to support that. Anyways, just my two pence here, I´ve got nothing to do with your quarrel, so do carry on dear fellow fans. But be nice, for all our sakes ;)

You said it perfectly - these sections allow to go beyond Bond, down to the actor currently playing it - but the same question remains - if it bores you so, why do yo bother go come? I am sure, the mods will do just fine kicking our [censored], if something goes astray.

These boards sould have a thought or two about being too serious. Its all about nothing more then just a film. taking it tooooo serious kills the fun and it it did happen here a couple of times, when going off topic just instantly put you on the wall to be shot.

You are right, this should be fun and nothing else. I have an own board, which does provide quite a bit of pics and info (posted on here) and we do go astray all the time - didn't hinder us to get all the info and its much more fun.

In the end, it doesn't matter, whether you are a Daniel Craig fangirl or a Bond fanboy, its all the same nonsense or the same matter of factly down to the fact sort of thing. No difference...

@univex - no offense taken...

#102 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

You are right, this should be fun and nothing else. I have an own board, which does provide quite a bit of pics and info (posted on here) and we do go astray all the time - didn't hinder us to get all the info and its much more fun.

I´ve been campainging for the fun of it all for a long time now. And I know you have too. Many times people take things way to serious. That´s why I miss Bryce and a couple of the old fellows, like Dell and vodkamartino. What board do you have Germanlady? Just curious. I´ve been here time enough to know how things work and I´m not ignorant of the politics and quarrels that have been happening backstage, but I´m still here, soldiering on. And you know why? For fun ;) It´s all good games and sports :tup: Besides, Jim hasn´t kicked my [censored] or used his very well sharpen rhetoricall skills and cutting sarcasm on me...yet :D (I suppose that deserves a I love you from him now :D )

Cheers, to all

Edited by univex, 09 December 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#103 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

I love you.

#104 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

I love you.

I love you too :P

#105 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

I love you.

..and so all is good :)

univex - ll be pm'img you

#106 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

I love you.

..and so all is good :)

Paraphrasing one of the most used puns in DUD: What´s the point? in arguing, that is.
All´s good :tup:

#107 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Now the family wants an apology.

http://www.fox23.com...TUcxkb0OKw.cspx

#108 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Ugh. Now I'm totally on Craig's side.

#109 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

She has been in all sorts of papers with her asking for apologies. Didn't do her any good. I have read some of the comments and they are ALL in favour of DC and telling her where to put her crap.

#110 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Wouldn't it be better for the papers to support DC by not covering them any more?

#111 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Wouldn't it be better for the papers to support DC by not covering them any more?

Yes, of course. But that doesn´t sell ;)

#112 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Suppose you mean this sarcastic, but maybe go down this page to the comments. Click best rated.
http://www.dailymail...vate-lives.html

Gotta love it - some now finding the DAILY MAIL (and its readership) a source of truth, honesty, accurate reporting and the voice of public propriety and common sense!

No, but I suppose that thousands, who are giving their opinions count for something or at least, give an idea, what the average Joe is thinking about this. No more, no less...

Those comments are not from the average Joe. They are however typical internet whingers with nothing better to do but to comment on every article they read.

----------------------------

#113 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:10 AM

Suppose you mean this sarcastic, but maybe go down this page to the comments. Click best rated.

Gotta love it - some now finding the DAILY MAIL (and its readership) a source of truth, honesty, accurate reporting and the voice of public propriety and common sense!

No, but I suppose that thousands, who are giving their opinions count for something or at least, give an idea, what the average Joe is thinking about this. No more, no less...

Those comments are not from the average Joe. They are however typical internet whingers with nothing better to do but to comment on every article they read.

But EXACTLY THIS IS what the average Joe does.

#114 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

This Kashoggi business still spinning? Remarkable...

#115 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

But EXACTLY THIS IS what the average Joe does.

Fairly bleak view of humanity, there. But you might be right. No wonder we're all on the verge of economic collapse if this is what people do with their time.

...he writes, on an internet message board.

#116 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

See? And I am sure, you consider yourself fairly intelligent. Nice to see your sarcasm used about yourself for a change ;)

#117 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

See? And I am sure, you consider yourself fairly intelligent.

Don't be so sure. Given that I have fewer chromosomes than a potato (although this is true of all of us), thick as a brick, me.

#118 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Ah! And the plot thickens!

http://landing.newsi...on&VID=23554930

#119 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

In the video, Craig says, "I don't think I did, go re-read the quote." That implies he thinks the interviewer got her question wrong as opposed to the quote being wrong.

cited before, but here's the quote from link cited before.

//Referring to the Kardashians, Craig said: 'Look at the Kardashians, they're worth millions. I don't think they were that badly off to begin with but now look at them.

'You see that and you think "what, you mean all I have to do is behave like a [censored]ing idiot on television and then you'll pay me millions".
'I'm not judging it - well, I am obviously

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1gWSIAsxz
\\\

#120 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

In the video, Craig says, "I don't think I did, go re-read the quote." That implies he thinks the interviewer got her question wrong as opposed to the quote being wrong.

cited before, but here's the quote from link cited before.

//Referring to the Kardashians, Craig said: 'Look at the Kardashians, they're worth millions. I don't think they were that badly off to begin with but now look at them.

'You see that and you think "what, you mean all I have to do is behave like a [censored]ing idiot on television and then you'll pay me millions".
'I'm not judging it - well, I am obviously

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1gWSIAsxz
\\\

Exactly - he didn't say, the K's are idiots, he only made it sound like that. Its a game with words really.
Plus he wouldn't give you a proper answer on the RC promoting a film on this anyway.