This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Daniel Craig Slams the Kardashians

159 replies to this topic

Poll: Daniel Craig speaks his brain

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you agree with him?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Regardless of the above, has he rather cheapened himself by doing this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do you require of Daniel Craig?

Who or what would you like him to have a go at next in his crusade to tell us his necessary thoughts on critical stuff? He's sooo right! C'mon Daniel, you MUST tell us. TELL US. We are nothing without your wisdom.

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

Here's the whole ingterview
Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image

Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image

Posted Image - Posted Image

#62 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

Good for him/us. I'm sick of these insipid broads. :tup:

#63 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

I would rather take a shower with Kim Kardashian than with Dan Craig. :P

Not impressed with DC's statement, easy target with no risk whatsoever.

I certainly disagree, I'd much rather have Craig in my shower.

And to be fair, who cares if it's an easy target with no risk, if he wants to speak his mind about something he should.

#64 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

I disagree as well, I want Dan in my shower. :P

But I agree with Dan. Every modern "reality star" deserves to be smashed (even though I enjoy watching Jersey Shore).

#65 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

I disagree as well, I want Dan in my shower. :P

:tup:

#66 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Poll added

#67 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Poll added

You've missed the obvious who would/wouldn't prefer Dan or the K'chick in their shower, and not necessarily for cleaing purposes, either" poll.

#68 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

Poll added

You are being your usual (by now) sarcastic self, which I find rather senseless, unnecessary really and a tiny bit childish, no?. Maybe we need a poll about who agrees or not. ;)

Who or what would you like him to have a go at next in his crusade to tell us his necessary thoughts on critical stuff? He's sooo right! C'mon Daniel, you MUST tell us. TELL US. We are nothing without your wisdom.

#69 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

Woohoo, poll!

1. Yes
2. No
3. Playing James Bond and other roles and providing vital social commentary and swearing
4. [censored]ing price of dog food

#70 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

1. Yes
2. No
3. Playing James Bond and other roles
4. [censored]ing roadworks

#71 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Nothing good comes out of stuff like this. Now, there will be a need for them to respond to "James Bond" & here come a whole new pile of headlines. :rolleyes:

#72 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Poll added

You are being your usual (by now) sarcastic self, which I find rather senseless, unnecessary really and a tiny bit childish, no?. Maybe we need a poll about who agrees or not. ;)

You realize that this is a topic devoted to discussing Craig and the KARDASHIANS! It's the epitome of childish. Poll was very needed.

#73 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Poll added

You are being your usual (by now) sarcastic self, which I find rather senseless, unnecessary really and a tiny bit childish, no?.

You need a man in your life, Fraulein.

#74 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

I hate McAfee pop ups...

#75 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Poll added

You are being your usual (by now) sarcastic self, which I find rather senseless, unnecessary really and a tiny bit childish, no?.

You need a man in your life, Fraulein.

This is so true :( Its been 3 months...

So you guys feel, this poll was an idea, that brought enlightning? Okayyyy!!

#76 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Nothing.
4. [censored]ing.

#77 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

Eeee dear...

http://www.digitalsp...ic-apology.html

The man speaks sense! He has no reason to apologise!

‎"The easy thing would be to criticise his career now, but our family won't stoop to that level." "

He's James Bond. His career cannot be criticised!

Edited by Mharkin, 07 December 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#78 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Let's face it he just wants to [censored] the [censored]ing Kardashians.

Great poll Jim.

#79 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

What should Craig apologise? Saying what everyone - except the Kardashians - thinks?

Surely they have to know they're some of the most-hated people on the planet.

#80 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

His 007 is not the only thug, so is the actor that plays him.

:rolleyes:

#81 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

He should apologize for his language, which is actually the offensive part. The way he talks shows the lack of class he has. His 007 is not the only thug, so is the actor that plays him.

Thug? Hmm. What about the actor who you've chosen as your avatar. You know, the guy who beat his wife? Where does that rank for you on the offensive scale? Is that classier than a man actually talking like a regular human being?

#82 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

I feel for CraigNotBonders. From now on, whenever they attack their blond bugbear, they'll have to fight off accusations that they're closet Kardashian fans.

#83 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

He should apologize for his language, which is actually the offensive part. The way he talks shows the lack of class he has. His 007 is not the only thug, so is the actor that plays him.

Thug? Hmm. What about the actor who you've chosen as your avatar. You know, the guy who beat his wife? Where does that rank for you on the offensive scale? Is that classier than a man actually talking like a regular human being?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

#84 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

I prefer listening to Sir Roger Moore any day of the week.

Then best do exactly that. Its fine, if you don't like the swearing but classifying a person by it, is rather poor. Maybe you should make an effort to actually READ, what he is saying and then you maybe find, he is far from being classless - au contraire..honesty alone these days is an act of class, don't you think? In a world, where most celebs/politicians etc choose their wording just to make them sound like the greatest chaps on earth. Is that what you call class? Refined words telling lies?

IMO, if a person runs their life by second guessing what others will think, say and do then it’s not much of a life if the possibility of being pilloried makes you shy away from doing what you think is right.

Interesting comments, too.
http://www.torontosu...s-craig-apology

http://www.thesuperf...-lawyer-12-2011

There is even a fb side asking to boycott them with already 56.000 votes. https://www.facebook...ycottRealityTV?

So maybe he did open Pandoras box and others will follow - finally woken up.

#85 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Then best do exactly that. Its fine, if you don't like the swearing but classifying a person by it, is rather poor. Maybe you should make an effort to actually READ, what he is saying and then you maybe find, he is far from being classless - au contraire..honesty alone these days is an act of class, don't you think? In a world, where most celebs/politicians etc choose their wording just to make them sound like the greatest chaps on earth. Is that what you call class? Refined words telling lies?

IMO, if a person runs their life by second guessing what others will think, say and do then it’s not much of a life if the possibility of being pilloried makes you shy away from doing what you think is right.

There is even a fb side asking to boycott them with already 56.000 votes. https://www.facebook...ycottRealityTV?

But I don't think its the argument or the way Craig chooses to [censored]ing articulate himself that's the issue.

Mutli-millionaire Craigy is takiing advantage of a MEDIA interview by slagging off the K's for their public exposure for $$$$s. While in the same interview, Craigy is telling everyone what a really private person he is who hates PUBLICITY!!!!

Don't you see a certainly ludicrous, hypocritical irony there?

And remember. Craig, und frau, are now no longer just professional thespians, for the love of the art, darling. Craig hawks watches and his missus hawks make up. All for a few sovs more.

Yes, the Ks are fairly pittiful. Just not sure DC has enough of the moral high ground on which to denounce them.

#86 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

But I don't think its the argument or the way Craig chooses to [censored]ing articulate himself that's the issue.

Mutli-millionaire Craigy is takiing advantage of a MEDIA interview by slagging off the K's for their public exposure for $$$$s. While in the same interview, Craigy is telling everyone what a really private person he is who hates PUBLICITY!!!!

Don't you see a certainly ludicrous, hypocritical irony there?

And remember. Craig, und frau, are now no longer just professional thespians, for the love of the art, darling. Craig hawks watches and his missus hawks make up. All for a few sovs more.

Yes, the Ks are fairly pittiful. Just not sure DC has enough of the moral high ground on which to denounce them.

Me thinks he has based on the ground, that ALL of the interviews, including being brand ambassador for Omega etc is part of his job as Bond plus having the obligation to sell himself to some extend to promote this and his other films. This is in his contract and he is doing it to the best of his abilities (which are not the greatest, as he is not shy to say)
On the other hand, we are talking about throwing into the world every bit of privacy a person can possibly have for no obvious reason other then making an easy buck out of the stupidy of people, who have a perverse joy of watching people making complete fools out of themselves.

So - DC making promo tours including giving interviews whilst revealing as little as possible about his private life - because he has to sell a film, but not himself. For him, its NOT the same.

In my book, there is very little comparison here, which would make it hypocritical.

#87 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Me thinks he has based on the ground, that ALL of the interviews, including being brand ambassador for Omega etc is part of his job as Bond

Hawking tie-in merchandise is not an explicit part of the Bond contract. Dalton was asked to do it and refused.

Brosnan did it and later said he wished he hadn't because it went completely overboard with TND.

#88 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Me thinks he has based on the ground, that ALL of the interviews, including being brand ambassador for Omega etc is part of his job as Bond

Hawking tie-in merchandise is not an explicit part of the Bond contract. Dalton was asked to do it and refused.

Brosnan did it and later said he wished he hadn't because it went completely overboard with TND.

Quite.

Craig could always have said niet to Bond if all the salesmanship was offensive to him. Or alternatively, given EON the option I'll do Bond, but not the flogging of watches bit, 'cos I'm s private, publicity shy kind of guy.

I mean, does this Esquire spread:

Attached File  Esquire092011_3.jpg   107.01KB   12 downloads

seem like the behaviour of someone who just vants to be left alone, or one who objects to a little bit of on-the-side peddling of schmutter????

Christ, in GQ, Craigy says he likes playing dress-up and being noticed...

#89 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

He's an actor and, accordingly, trained to lie. Are you sure this fairly easy targeting of some hopeless cretins isn't simply another performance?

#90 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

He's an actor and, accordingly, trained to lie. Are you sure this fairly easy targeting of some hopeless cretins isn't simply another performance?

Since Schofield just quoted something DC said to make his point, then we should stick to it and give his "I am a bad lier" the same treatment. So yes, I am sure, it is not just another performance. If he was able to act or deciding to act during interviews, may it be on paper or on TV, he would do a better job probably, but he is just being himself with all the shortcomings he has and to which he very openly admitted.
One can loathe a person, but should have enough class to give him SOME credit.