This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Daniel Craig Slams the Kardashians

159 replies to this topic

Poll: Daniel Craig speaks his brain

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you agree with him?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Regardless of the above, has he rather cheapened himself by doing this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do you require of Daniel Craig?

Who or what would you like him to have a go at next in his crusade to tell us his necessary thoughts on critical stuff? He's sooo right! C'mon Daniel, you MUST tell us. TELL US. We are nothing without your wisdom.

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Since there are now two threads on this with the same headline, DC must really have hit a nerve...

#32 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

I thought Kardashians were aliens on Star Trek.

#33 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Suppose you mean this sarcastic, but maybe go down this page to the comments. Click best rated.
http://www.dailymail...vate-lives.html

Gotta love it - some now finding the DAILY MAIL (and its readership) a source of truth, honesty, accurate reporting and the voice of public propriety and common sense!

No, but I suppose that thousands, who are giving their opinions count for something or at least, give an idea, what the average Joe is thinking about this. No more, no less...

You mean like...

Seriously Daniel...lighten up...your just an actor....and a lousy James Bond at that!
- Marion , Boston, USA, 29/11/2011 23:00
Click to rate Rating 1259Report abuse

I'm not doubting that there's something wrong about whoring out your private life but Craig's hardly curing cancer either, is he? So many actors overrate themselves and their profession- you're being paid FAR too much money to prance around being dramatic in front of a camera, and then you get all dressed up and have your photo taken. Is this really so very different from what the Kardashians do?
- bonie, edinburgh, 29/11/2011 19:29
Click to rate Rating 642Report abuse

Eat some spinach Popeye! Seriously, is it only me who thinks he looks like Popeye????
- T Hud, London, 29/11/2011 20:57
Click to rate Rating 608Report abuse

Hypocrite.
- Alex, Liverpool, 29/11/2011 22:22
Click to rate Rating 582Report abuse

what a load of rubbish! if some offered me millions for putting a camera in my living i would say please do. daniel craig gives loads of interviews to promote his movies, so it is no different to what kim does! pot... kettle....
- Quagmire, Quahog, Rhode Island, 30/11/2011 1:41
Click to rate Rating 532Report abuse

I can't stand it when actors act all pious after they essentially sell their souls for 'work'...let's not sugar- coat it, shall we? They make money off their looks, their abs, their o- so- tiny bathing gear, and then say it's their acting ability that bought them fame-*cough* cough*. Glass houses and all that, Daniel, you're really not doing Shakespeare to rake in those millions now are you?
- anon, anon, 29/11/2011 19:17
Click to rate Rating 421Report abuse

They say that Bonds generally get better looking with age - this one certainly does not.
- Alistair , Menai, Wales, 29/11/2011 21:59
Click to rate Rating 411Report abuse

Hey pal, what you can't comprehend is you are as vacuous as the kardashians. Takes one to know one. Pffft.
- KansasGirl, Kansas City, 30/11/2011 2:23
Click to rate Rating 353Report abuse

Just can't like him no matter how hard I try
- Mora , Stirlingshire , 29/11/2011 20:10
Click to rate Rating 324Report abuse

I don't know who these people are but it's none of Daniel Craig's business. If I could earn millions by allowing cameras into my life I'd probably do it, he doesn't need to in order to earn his own millions apparently.
- Max Davies, Aberdeen, 30/11/2011 8:31
Click to rate Rating 306

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1fBgdLKhU

A terrifying place. Although he does look a bit like Popeye.

#34 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Binyamin got it right with his post. There is a difference here. Daniel Craig makes movies his business. He promotes those and upcoming projects, definitely. Selling their soul is the Kardashian’s full time business. It’s all they have. Craig does not seek personal publicity anywhere near the extent these lot do. He’s not even in the same ballpark. Call acting unimportant or whatever, but Craig did at least put in the work to get where he is today. I’m not bringing public opinion on newspaper websites or anything into it. As Jim displayed above, you can use these things to paint any argument you like. But indeed, it is my opinion these comments by Craig will go down well with the majority of people out there who think the same thing. Just a feeling.

#35 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

Binyamin got it right with his post. There is a difference here. Daniel Craig makes movies his business. He promotes those and upcoming projects, definitely. Selling their soul is the Kardashian’s full time business. It’s all they have. Craig does not seek personal publicity anywhere near the extent these lot do. He’s not even in the same ballpark. Call acting unimportant or whatever, but Craig did at least put in the work to get where he is today. I’m not bringing public opinion on newspaper websites or anything into it. As Jim displayed above, you can use these things to paint any argument you like. But indeed, it is my opinion these comments by Craig will go down well with the majority of people out there who think the same thing. Just a feeling.

You might be right, who knows - these people Mr Craig is having a go at for not living in the way he does may be truely vile; although it does presuppose the majority of people have heard of these other people. In all honesty, I hadn't. All I want him to do is be James Bond ever other year or so, and he's jolly good at that, so that's all I can reasonably expect of him - or demand.

#36 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

You mean like...

Seriously Daniel...lighten up...your just an actor....and a lousy James Bond at that!
- Marion , Boston, USA, 29/11/2011 23:00
Click to rate Rating 1259Report abuse

Yup exactly. Sorry Jim, but you got it wrong. You see, these are marked with red arrows, meaning that people DISAGREE! So all these must be counted as agreements as well, because they slam the people, who make negative remarks. Sorry...but you have no point here...

Edited by Germanlady, 30 November 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#37 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Well, that's fair enough. I'm not disagreeing with him. Not agreeing with him either. Don't actually care what he thinks about people I've never heard of. Evidently others do and I shall ask myself some very searching questions as a result. Like "is the Daily Mail message board a valid use of my time?" That's a good one to start with. January 1934 and all that.

You see, these are marked with red arrows, meaning that people DISAGREE! So all these must be counted as agreements as well, because they slam the people, who make negative remarks

Message board reputation systems, eh? Can't live with them, can't live without them.

#38 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Well, that's fair enough. I'm not disagreeing with him. Not agreeing with him either. Don't actually care what he thinks about people I've never heard of. Evidently others do and I shall ask myself some very searching questions as a result. Like "is the Daily Mail message board a valid use of my time?" That's a good one to start with. January 1934 and all that.

The message boards were even better back then...

duz anyone think hitlur looks like charlie chaplin lol
- Elsie, Scunthorpe

Elsie educate yourself first of all its spelled Hitler, and Charlie Chaplin copied that moustache from the fuhrer.
- MosleyGirl22, London

I can just hear the Jewish bankers quaking in their boots. This is too little too late, Daily Mail. Thanks anyway. I'll stick to the Mirror.
- Harold, Penzance

Hitler has got 1 ball
- HedleyVerityFan, London

It's too bad Mosley is in bed with the Irish.
- Freddie, London

DON BRADMAN IS GOD
- Roy, Perth

HedleyVerityFan, you need to do more research before posting. That is a malicious rumour spread by Jews.
- Arthur, Sheffield

BODYLINE IS CRICKET FOR POOFTERS
- Roy, Perth

Charlie Chaplin sucks.
- Alexander, Dundee

He's is not in bed with anybody. Hes our only politician in britain who tells the truth about boshlevism in the house of lords
- MosleyGirl22, London

#39 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

I wonder for some time now what Craig has against Kashoggi until I skipped the headline more closely. Never heard of those other people.

#40 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

I'm just surprised Craig knows who the Cardassians are. Somehow I can't picture him watching "Deep Space Nine."

#41 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Geez, like he is some kind of class act himself. Can he ever do an interview without the constant use of the 'F' word?
He should clean up his own house before he starts on others.

#42 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Terrifically amusing, this thread.

I certainly wouldn´t mind if DC started his own regular blog on everything he gives a "F" about. Maybe after his tenure? Maybe together with Pierce Brosnan? Now, those two having a talk show - that´s something I would definitely watch.

#43 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

OK, he just chose to cite them as an example, but I do agree with the whole intention. Long ago (in a galaxy far away - I believe a dorm room in Orange county) someone asked me if I wanted to be "rich and famous". I countered with "why both together" and said rich/wealthy is fine, but if it comes or has to go with fame, I'll pass.

Hence, I'm not famous nor rich, but comfortable and well-to-do.

If you give up one to become the other, then the odds are against you and Daniel is right.

M was right in OHMSS.

#44 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

What I for one do find slightly obscure are the people interested in all that gossip. Beyond me why one would bother to hear/read/watch all that chitchat, can't say that I would, not even if I had the time to.

Edited by Dustin, 30 November 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#45 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

From perusing the DM article, it looks like not even its readership (at least not the ones who comment) give a f.

#46 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

A storm in a teacup. I suppose there are already several crews chasing that Karda-whatsitsname family trying to get an angered reply and feed the next five follow-ups.

Edited by Dustin, 30 November 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#47 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Oh yeah. You know they are. TMZ and that Perez Hilton is probably first in line

#48 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

From perusing the DM article, it looks like not even its readership (at least not the ones who comment) give a f.

Really? There are 622 comments at this moment with just counting the highest rated posts - we have 32.206. These are the ones, who agree and applause.

It all needs to be seen in perspective. The only importance it might have is the context it came from - that if you sell your soul, don't ask it back or whine about loosing it or expect anybody to respect you.

#49 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Really? There are 622 comments at this moment with just counting the highest rated posts - we have 32.206. These are the ones, who agree and applause.

I meant about the daily exploits of the Kardashians.

#50 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

I don't know what they are; I'm sort of sad that Daniel Craig does.

#51 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

I'm sure the Kardashians in the entertainment business are the equivalent to that one person in the office that everyone wonders how he/she got the job. Everyone sits around the water cooler thinking wtf. You may not converse with that person but because you're in the office, you for sure know who that person is.

#52 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

I wonder what he's going to give his opinion about today? Perhaps it'll be What's the [censored]ing point of cress? .

Whatever it is, one fears that it will involve some swearing.

#53 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

Every time I see or hear the name "Kim Kardashian" (or someone related whose name has been intentionally mis-spelled with a 'K' instead of a 'C'), I think of this:

#54 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

This interview is much bigger news in the U.S. than anything about Skyfall.

#55 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I think he should keep his private thoughts private. Now EVERYONE knows what he thinks of the Kardachshunds.

C'mon... Let's be honest here. I think that he thinks what EVERYONE thinks of the Kardashians!!!

#56 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Geez, like he is some kind of class act himself. Can he ever do an interview without the constant use of the 'F' word?

Is that really all that grabs you; the fact that he used profanity to get his point across? I think he hit the nail on the head. I found it refreshing to see a genuine celebrity speak up about a crass, exploitive industry that produces no discernable product of value but instead, destroys the lives of the people it exploits. Paris Hilton; The Kardashians; the mindless slobs of The Jersey Shore; The Real Whores (I mean Housewives) of "INSERT CITY HERE";... ALL OF THEM. These people do nothing but point the camera at their own inflated egos, and consumer driven sponsors pay millions of dollars to be part of it.

I praise Daniel Craig for his candor & I hope that more people like him would stand up & just be honest. I can admire a person for having an opinion & not having to worry about political correctness.

#57 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Even though he's absolutely right...I don't know. It's not the kind of thing I really want to hear from someone like Daniel Craig. Getting all angry and riled up about the Kardashians? Really? It just sort of lowers him into the same celebrity mud pit and, ironically, gives them exactly the attention they crave and profit from. Wish he would have just said, "Kim who?" That would have been more devastating.

It's certainly not something Moore would ever do.

#58 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Well, Rog did make some similar comments about Katie Price, the UK's equivilant of Kim Kardashian, a few year's ago.

I had no problem with either comment, but neither merit hero worship either, or headlines for that matter. I mean, every half-intelligent person out there already knows this stuff, right? (Or better still, has managed to remain blisfully unaware of such people)

#59 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Is that really all that grabs you; the fact that he used profanity to get his point across? I think he hit the nail on the head. I found it refreshing to see a genuine celebrity speak up about a crass, exploitive industry that produces no discernable product of value but instead, destroys the lives of the people it exploits. Paris Hilton; The Kardashians; the mindless slobs of The Jersey Shore; The Real Whores (I mean Housewives) of "INSERT CITY HERE";... ALL OF THEM. These people do nothing but point the camera at their own inflated egos, and consumer driven sponsors pay millions of dollars to be part of it.

I praise Daniel Craig for his candor & I hope that more people like him would stand up & just be honest. I can admire a person for having an opinion & not having to worry about political correctness.

Going by the huge positive reaction, he did hit a nerve. Shows to me, those people are a constant reminder, that even though they themselves might work their [censored] off, they earn hardly enough to survive, whereas those people produce absolutely nothing of substance and get paid millions. Makes sense, that this doesn't sit well with many...seeing this addressed in appropriate language does.

#60 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

I don't know what they are; I'm sort of sad that Daniel Craig does.

Well I'm sure as an actor its part of his job to keep up with (no pun) who's hot in Hollywood and who he wants to work with etc, so a by product of that would be exposure to the dregs of Hollywood too.