114 replies to this topic

#91 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

Right come on. This is honestly getting too personal now.

Not quite. Anything posted to YouTube and/or Facebook enters the public domain and is thus fair game to post on CBn.

This is my last post in this thread, by the way. If Mr. Blofeld wants to continue this petty argument, he can PM me here or on Facebook.

#92 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

-I can't stand reality TV (excluding Myth Busters, Survivorman with Les Stroud, and Man vs. Wild). I actually don't watch TV anymore.
-I can't stand effects driven films. Don't really understand the appeal of them.
-I completely disrespect Avatar.
-I don't like Quentin Tarantino at all. I don't like his style, and I feel dirty after watching any of his films. Pulp Fiction is the only one I can watch all the way through.
-I hate Michael Bay, and dislike all that he stands for.
-I think Hans Zimmer and his many cronies/ghost writers have damaged the film scoring industry.
-I completely disrespect Zimmer for many reasons: his lack of originality, his treatment of scores as a commodity and not a work of art, his reliance on ghostwriters, his inability to do quality work on his own, his lack of musical theory knowledge, and the fact that when I hear his music compared to composers to the likes of Barry, it reminds me of a child hammering away on a keyboard. As you may have noticed, I really don't appreciate Zimmer very much, nor his media ventures group.
-Bond does not need to take anything else from Bourne. Bourne is an action star, and Bond is not meant to be one.
-I think the Dark Knight is extremely overrated, as is Ledger.
-The Star Wars sequels all suck.
-Lucas should retire, or restrained. He rights laughable dialogue, and should only be slightly involved with the creative process of anything. I love him at the same time for creating Indiana Jones though.
-I hate Indy 4. Terrible plot and script. I am embarrassed for the character that he was given such a son. Shia what's his face is a terrible completely unlikable actor. If he picks up the mantle after Indy, I may cry. By the way, Raiders is my favorite film.
-The only like the first few episodes of LOST. It might have the disappointing ending of all time as well.
-I believe that Mission: Impossible 1 is the only good M:I film. Two is a terrible action film. Three is truly Alias the movie starring Tom Cruise. The third film is distracting due to how much it has in common with Alias.
-The fact that rap music play in the M:I 4 film makes me sad.
-J.J. Abrams has the inability to execute anything effectively. I believe he is a hack, and Spielberg wannabe. Of his works, the only things I can actually enjoy are the first two season of Alias, the movie Cloverfield (it makes no sense to me), and moments of M:I 3.

Feels good to get that off my chest. haha

#93 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

-J.J. Abrams has the inability to execute anything effectively. I believe he is a hack, and Spielberg wannabe. Of his works, the only things I can actually enjoy are the first two season of Alias, the movie Cloverfield (it makes no sense to me), and moments of M:I 3.

You hurt me a little. Didn't like Star Trek even?

#94 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:15 AM

I'm sorry. I left that one off the list there. I'm usually not that negative regarding things, so please excuse that. I did enjoy Star Trek. What I enjoyed most was the depth of characters and the focus on their friendships/relationships. I genuinely felt a spirit of team work.

#95 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

I'm sorry. I left that one off the list there. I'm usually not that negative regarding things, so please excuse that. I did enjoy Star Trek. What I enjoyed most was the depth of characters and the focus on their friendships/relationships. I genuinely felt a spirit of team work.

I realize this is the Unpopular Opinions-thread. But don´t you think that all that enjoyment you got from Alias and Star Trek was created by Abrams? Calling him a hack seems to be much too harsh IMUO since he really brings a particular sensibility to a project. The Spielberg wannabe-factor also only seems to apply to his SUPER 8 (but with intent). A hack IMO would be Michael Bay who does not seem to be interested in character interaction at all, just offering product.

#96 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

Probably one year too late for this, but I don't think Cheryl Cole or Danni Minogue have any talent whatsoever as either TV presenters of judgers of musical talent. Neither of them are even that fit.

More in the present day, I can't stand what Emmerdale and Eastenders has become. Can't watch anymore. Haven't for a long time.

#97 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

I realize this is the Unpopular Opinions-thread. But don´t you think that all that enjoyment you got from Alias and Star Trek was created by Abrams? Calling him a hack seems to be much too harsh IMUO since he really brings a particular sensibility to a project. The Spielberg wannabe-factor also only seems to apply to his SUPER 8 (but with intent). A hack IMO would be Michael Bay who does not seem to be interested in character interaction at all, just offering product.

I agree that hack is indeed a strong word. I do believe that essentially every product he is a part of has some major issues. I don't think he is a very good story teller. I do believe that he does desire to be a new Spielberg, and isn't doing to well. Again, hack is a strong word. He does try to actually do things with characters.

#98 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

I see. I would maintain that Abrams does not want to be another Spielberg - although, successwise, who wouldn´t want to be? Still, Abrams is doing pretty well and one of the most successful double threats (TV and Movies) producing, writing and directing these days. But maybe you just don´t like his style. While I admit (shock!) that I am a fan of Abrams´ work I would absolutely agree with you on this: he has yet to do a story that is not influenced by or a continuation of other people´s work. Right now, he seems to be someone who gets his inspiration mainly from fiction. Like Tarantino, by the way.

#99 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

I see. I would maintain that Abrams does not want to be another Spielberg - although, successwise, who wouldn´t want to be? Still, Abrams is doing pretty well and one of the most successful double threats (TV and Movies) producing, writing and directing these days. But maybe you just don´t like his style. While I admit (shock!) that I am a fan of Abrams´ work I would absolutely agree with you on this: he has yet to do a story that is not influenced by or a continuation of other people´s work. Right now, he seems to be someone who gets his inspiration mainly from fiction. Like Tarantino, by the way.

I can agree that he has great talent in film-making, and that it will be interesting to watch his career. He has disappointed me in some respects, specifically Super 8. It will be interesting to see if he will make changes to his effectiveness in story-telling, along with his taste and style.

#100 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

Star Wars is fantasy, not not science fiction.

Come at me.

#101 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Star Wars is fantasy, not not science fiction.

Come at me.

Well, it´s more fantasy than science fiction. It´s a space opera.

#102 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

3) Tim Burton is very over-rated; BATMAN is his only film that actually makes sense.

5) Michael Mann hasn't made anything decent since HEAT (though COLLATERAL wasn't bad - but he didn't write it).

7) If "Hawaii Five-0" can be remade for 2011, then "MacGyver" should be, too.

8) "Lost" has to be one of the worst shows ever made. After about six episodes, it was obvious the writers were just making things up as they went.

I just had to comment on these ones as I totally agree on all acounts. Except I can´t even begin to think of someone who could fill RDA shows as Mac.
Plus, I agree with all GT Munn had to say, all of it...well maybe except for Tarantino.
And Star Wars being Space Opera is one of the best descriptions of the films.

Edited by univex, 05 January 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#103 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm actually excited for the new Three Stooges movie. Hate me all you want, but that actually means I'm a true Stooges fan.

#104 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm actually excited for the new Three Stooges movie. Hate me all you want, but that actually means I'm a true Stooges fan.

I will see it for the same reason I would see a trainwreck- out of curiosity. But nothing beats the originals-Just as long as the 3rd is Curly or Shemp. I'll give it a fair chance though. Not going to hate it before I go to see it, and no elizabeth I will not hate you nor do i feel any hate for you whatsoever.

#105 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

The Star Wars Prequel trilogy is as good as the original trilogy.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is as good as the other Indy sequels.
Finding Nemo and Wall-E are Pixar's weakest films.
The American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? is as funny as the British version.
Angelina Jolie is ugly.
All four Pirates of the Caribbean films are very enjoyable.
Memento is Christopher Nolan's worst film.
Christian Bale is overrated.
Superman Return is a great movie.

#106 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is as good as the other Indy sequels.
The American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? is as funny as the British version.
Angelina Jolie is ugly.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said, apart from I quite enjoy Finding Nemo, Inception is (in my opinion) Nolan's worst film, Christian Bale is (in my opinion) a great actor (The Fighter should prove that) and I didn't like Superman Returns. But other than that, spot on! :D

#107 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Angelina Jolie is ugly.

We think alike, my friend. Although I wouldn't say the "Star Wars" prequels are as good as the originals, they surely don't deserve the level of hate they receive and are still quite enjoyable. And I wouldn't say Christian Bale is overrated; I think you'd have to see him in some of his more nuanced performances such as "The Machinist" and "The Fighter" to really appreciate his talents, assuming you haven't already seen those films.

I agree with everything else (wouldn't call "WALL-E" the weakest Pixar film, but it is the one I find myself wanting to re-watch the least).

#108 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I agree with everything above. Except the things I don't agree with. Still making my mind up on those...

#109 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

I will see it for the same reason I would see a trainwreck- out of curiosity. But nothing beats the originals-Just as long as the 3rd is Curly or Shemp. I'll give it a fair chance though. Not going to hate it before I go to see it, and no elizabeth I will not hate you nor do i feel any hate for you whatsoever.

Of course nothing will ever be as good as the original Stooges (is anything better than the original these days?)

#110 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

So just because someone who grew up watching Moe, Larry and Curly from the 1930s-1950s thinks the new Farrelly Bros. films looks like an absolute trainwreck, that means they're not a true Stooges fan? Right....

#111 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

I am sick & tired of hearing Rihanna & Beyonce songs. Overrated.

Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" must have been the only recorded song last year.

With all the remakes going on why isnt anyone doing Police Squad!? That is funny right there.

#112 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

I am sick & tired of hearing Rihanna & Beyonce songs. Overrated.

Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" must have been the only recorded song last year.

With all the remakes going on why isnt anyone doing Police Squad!? That is funny right there.

Probably not very unpopular among this crowd. Those dang kids and their e-Tunes and electric radio devices.

#113 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

I really hate James Bond.

#114 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Really now? LOL!

#115 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

You´re only in it for the villains, I understand.