356 replies to this topic

#211 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

It says the online is a massive step back, graphics wise. But I guess they have time to improve it.

#212 dlb007

dlb007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

I have to say I'm looking forward to this. I loved the original as a kid. Very interested to see if it has the staying power that the N64 version did.

#213 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Looks great, but that is a shame about the multiplayer, the graphics don't seem too bad from that video, but the frame rate drop is quite noticeable (again!). I'm not too worried though, at the end he seems to kind of compares it to other "multiplayer offerings" and I never expected it to be on a par with them.

#214 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

I think advertising the online aspect of the multiplayer heavily on the Wii was smart. Doing so on the 360/PS3? Not so much. If gamers want online multi-player, they have a million other options. In their trailers they should focus on the "classic and reloaded" campaign and the good ol' fashioned split-screen, something 360/PS3 gamers may actually be nostalgic for.

#215 marygoodnight

marygoodnight

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

GOLDENEYE RELOADED YOU ASK ? two words ========== TOTAL CRAP......... ALL BOND FANS SHOULD BOYCOTT THE CURRENT GAME MAKER THEIR GAMES SUCK !

#216 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

I think advertising the online aspect of the multiplayer heavily on the Wii was smart. Doing so on the 360/PS3? Not so much. If gamers want online multi-player, they have a million other options. In their trailers they should focus on the "classic and reloaded" campaign and the good ol' fashioned split-screen, something 360/PS3 gamers may actually be nostalgic for.

There is a split screen, isn't there? It's so hard to find a PS3 game that you can invite a mate round and play together- it's all about being lonely in your little cave and speaking to strangers through a headset now.

#217 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

GOLDENEYE RELOADED YOU ASK ? two words ========== TOTAL CRAP......... ALL BOND FANS SHOULD BOYCOTT THE CURRENT GAME MAKER THEIR GAMES SUCK !

Thank you for your opinion.

Posted Image

#218 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Anyone knows where can I do the Pre-order of the Double-O-Edition?

xxx

#219 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Well this seems a bit silly.

http://www.justpushs...mo-in-november/

I mean, if we're getting it November 2nd, then there's no point. If it was October then I'd understand. There's no point in having a demo if the game is going to be released within a few days of it anyway.

#220 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

That is odd. I think this is the first demo for a Bond game ever released. I guess it's a sign of confidence, but you're right, it is pretty silly. In any event, my money is going to Arkham City and Skyward Sword anyway.

#221 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Seems the blood drip is back!

#222 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Interesting preview of the Multiplayer modes.

http://www.psu.com/G...-a013300-p0.php

#223 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Very promising indeed!

http://www.gamingexc...p20111016.shtml

Kananga has been equipped with a Shark gun, and Dr No is ammune to bullets in his metal arms!

#224 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Well that's pretty neat. Looks like they put some thoughts into it at least. Good to see the Oddjob isn't the only villain to get some perks.

#225 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

xxx

#226 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:31 AM

Reloaded looks great. Great visuals thanks to a brand new engine and a new single-player mode (MI6 Ops) that reminds me of Perfect Dark's "challenges," only with much more depth and customization. Not to mention 16-player online, splitscreen-multiplayer (which is becoming rare these days unfortunately), and an interactive score from David Arnold.

Being on PS3 and 360 also means there is a good chance for DLC like more classic character skins and maybe even levels recreated from some of the films. Imagine.

They are certainly doing a better job than EA. Sure, their first game "QoS" was just decent at best, but Bloodstone and GoldenEye are pretty good.

Whereas, EA's first game "TND" was a huge letdown and just isn't very good. (It does have some nostalgic value to me though). Out of the EIGHT Bond games EA released, only THREE of them were really anything above "okay." The World is Not Enough (N64), Nightfire (multi), and Everything or Nothing (multi) to be specific.

We all realize (or should) that at this point "GoldenEye" has become it's own brand among video games and is meant to pull in consumers based on nostalgic value. However, what EA did with the GoldenEye name and what Activision has done is totally different.

EA took the GE name and created a game that had absolutely nothing to do with either the original Rare-created N64 game or the actual film the name is taken from. You don't even play as James Bond. On top the gameplay was very mediocre, not a thing about the game stood out and it was an obvious cash-in on the GE name.

Whereas Activision at least attempted to put some care into their GE game (despite still being a nostalgic cash-in in the end). They hired Eurocom (veteran Bond game developers) to develop, Daniel Craig and Judi Dench to provide authentic voices and realistic character models, David Arnold to help write the musical score, and veteran Bond writers (including the originaly-credited script writer for the GE film) to create a modern version of the story.

Not to mention they incorporated elements and nods from the original N64 game along with other scenes from the film not in the original game. Many things EA didn't bother doing.

#227 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Well this seems a bit silly.

http://www.justpushs...mo-in-november/

I mean, if we're getting it November 2nd, then there's no point. If it was October then I'd understand. There's no point in having a demo if the game is going to be released within a few days of it anyway.

not necessarily, many games now days release demos after the fact. I know the last 2 call of duty games had xbox demos released four or five months after the game was already out. I would prefer to get a early demo myself but from a business standpoint a late demo can still be effective. having a big opening day sale is nice but the ultimate goal is for a game is to be on everyone's christmas wish list, so it doesn't make a differance if they release a demo now or 3 weeks from now. The ideal would be having a demo released in mid-november... this way kids download it, play it, and tell their moms to buy it (which they do on black friday)

#228 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Our Rosa.

Posted Image

#229 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

Just a heads up for USA gamers, it looks like Target will be having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on videogames next week, so if you were going to get Goldeneye, might as well take advantage of it. I'll probably get GE, Uncharted 3 and something else, Batman or whatever.

#230 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Our Rosa.

Posted Image

so THAT is their big push to get people to buy this game a week from release?????

#231 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

Goldeneye Reloaded is the current backdrop for the TotalFilm website.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news

#232 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

New trailer (with slightly different music, at long last). Notice how they get around showing Craig's face AGAIN in the trailer, it's just so awful. Says the release date is November 1st...conveniently 2 days before the press conference for B23. Think 007.com will finally be undergoing an overhaul?

http://www.gamespot....eloaded-trailer

#233 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

New trailer (with slightly different music, at long last). Notice how they get around showing Craig's face AGAIN in the trailer, it's just so awful. Says the release date is November 1st...conveniently 2 days before the press conference for B23. Think 007.com will finally be undergoing an overhaul?

http://www.gamespot....eloaded-trailer

Oh God, Do I Hope So..

#234 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Holy [censored].........I haven't heard a new rendition on the Bond theme in years...

Edited by Chief of SIS, 28 October 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#235 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Holy [censored].........I haven't heard a new rendition on the Bond theme in years...

I Found It To Be Quite Cool Also ! :tup:

Edited by Trevelyan 006, 29 October 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#236 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Just got it!

Posted Image

xxx

#237 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

How did you do that?

#238 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Just got it!

Posted Image

xxx

Woah....Marketto....how?

#239 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Marketto007, i beg u, put some stuff on the youtube (like intro or, or... or anything!!!). SHARE YOUR FEELINGS!

#240 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

First of all, the unboxing.

xxx