935 replies to this topic

#901 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'm anxious to start this project now! I already have some cool ideas in mind to adapt "DAF" as a revenge-themed story that differ wildly from what we did with "Semper Occultus."

Also, we'll have to make Dr. No, Grant, Goldfinger, etc. agents of Quantum. ;)

#902 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

Could we possibly adapt them in the order of the novels, instead? Be even closer to Fleming's original works... :D

#903 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Don't we have UB-Brosnan to finish first?

#904 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

I hope to have something to post for the Geneva segment within an hour or two.

#905 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Could we possibly adapt them in the order of the novels, instead? Be even closer to Fleming's original works... :D

I did think of doing it that way, but EON have already strayed from that path by doing QOS, which took the Bond from the end of CR into a different direction than he went in LALD the novel. And by starting with Dr.No, we can use QUANTUM instead of SPECTRE to connect DN-FRWL-TB (perhaps we might also end up making Goldfinger a part of the organization). We'll at least be doing TB-OHMSS-YOLT in the right order though (and maybe also bump up TMWTGG to follow after YOLT).

#906 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Good point. However, it's always fun to have something cool to look forward to. :)

#907 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

I did think of doing it that way, but EON have already strayed from that path by doing QOS, which took the Bond from the end of CR into a different direction than he went in LALD the novel. And by starting with Dr.No, we can use QUANTUM instead of SPECTRE to connect DN-FRWL-TB (perhaps we might also end up making Goldfinger a part of the organization). We'll at least be doing TB-OHMSS-YOLT in the right order though (and maybe also bump up TMWTGG to follow after YOLT).

I'd love to see a faithful MR after LALD and before DAF (both also faithful), and can you imagine a faithful TSWLM? B)

#908 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Here's what I've got for the Geneva sequence. A couple of points before I post it, however, the first being that this is fairly rough and may need to be written up again in a more suitable form for the treatment. I'm not sure about the level of detail, as this kind of reads a bit like almost a bullet-point list of what happens in Geneva. Obviously, changes can be (and most likely will need to be) made to this. I hope that I incorporated everything that needed to be incorporated, but I might have missed a thing or two, which can be added back in when it comes time to write up the final treatment.

As for the fight sequence I put at the end, while I didn't put in there who he's actually fighting with because it would be revealed to be Karina when they meet up in Bangkok (either in the abandoned building action scene or elsewhere, perhaps coco1997 can stipulate that as the location and the action sequence are his), which Bond would figure out due to the scar on her cheek.

Anyway, here's what I've come up with (it was typed up fairly quickly and hasn't been proofed, so it may be, like I said, fairly rough):

Bond and Adelaide arrive via boat to the home/office of Sir Laurence Goodhewe, which is on a small, man-made island in the middle Lake Geneva. Bond and Adelaide are taken up to Goodhewe’s office, which is an Infinity Room that stretches out from the building and is suspended over top of a large and extravagant fountain.

Goodhewe thanks Bond for bringing Adelaide back to him safely. She then leaves the two of them alone to talk. Goodhewe explains to Bond how the Stormcaller system works and goes into the noble enterprises that he hopes to undertake using the system. Using a large plasma display on the wall behind his desk to illustrate his point, he informs Bond that it is the height of hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico, and that he hopes that his Stormcaller system can in some way help the region in this regard and to help protect the interests of the oil drilling enterprises that are currently located there. Bond pretends to be impressed, certain that Goodhewe is hiding something. As they’re talking, a Adelaide interrupts their meeting to tell Goodhewe that there is something that needs his urgent attention.

Later that night, Bond has taken refuge in a small drinking establishment very close to the dock that takes people to and from Goodhewe’s home, waiting for Goodhewe. When Goodhewe arrives on the mainland, Bond follows him to a gentlemen’s club, where he meets with a man that Bond recognizes as Damian Falco. Knowing that Falco would recognize him, Bond hangs back, observing the meeting from afar.

After Goodhewe and Falco conclude their meeting, Bond spots a beautiful brunette talking-up Falco at the bar. She looks familiar to Bond, although he can’t figure out why. Eventually, Falco and the woman leave together

Bond leaves the bar and heads to the docks (a different dock than the one that takes boats to Goodhewe’s residence), where he takes a small boat under the cover of darkness back to Goodhewe’s island. He finds a small boat tied to a tree some distance away from Goodhewe’s dock, signaling to him that there may be someone else sneaking onto the island.

Bond enters the residence and makes his way up to the Infinity Room. He enters, and begins searching through everything in the room trying to get some information on Goodhewe and the Stormcaller project. He finds what he’s looking for, which is a location for some kind of base of operations in Bangkok, and is on his way out of the Infinity Room when he’s attacked by a figure dressed entirely in black (with a black ski-mask covering their face). They fight, using various things found in the office as weapons. After several minutes of fighting, the masked figure has Bond pinned to the ground as guards storm into the room. The masked figure looks up for a moment, giving Bond a chance to take a swing at the person with a sharp object. The object grazes the person, cutting into the ski mask on the person’s cheek. The person, in pain, punches Bond before getting up and running towards the far end of the Infinity Room as guards begin to advance on Bond. The person crashes through the windows of the infinity room, after which it’s revealed that the person’s all-black outfit is actually a very advanced Wingsuit, which the person uses to glide out to the water.

Bond is left to fight off the guards, which he does. He makes his way back to his boat, seeing that more boats are approaching on the horizon. He speeds off in the other direction before finally making his way back to the mainland.

He informs M of what he has found and then proceeds to Bangkok.

#909 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

So far, so good. Only one thing I'd recommend to add though - we need to use this retina-creating phone at some point, so Bond should use it to get into Goodhewe's Infinity Room office at night. He could take a photo of Goodhewe at the Falco meeting, create a retina, and then use it to get past the scanner outside Goodhewe's office afterwards.

If coco or someone else wants to handle the Bangkok segment, I can pick it up from there and connect it to the Gulf of Mexico-Everglades-plane sequence!

#910 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

I'm feeling a smidgeon bit better today - so might be able to take a hash at the Bangkok sequence, if people don't mind?

#911 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'm feeling a smidgeon bit better today - so might be able to take a hash at the Bangkok sequence, if people don't mind?

By all means, go for it. I just wanted to add that it's in Bangkok where we should introduce Maleko as the main henchman, he should be involved in the rooftop action scene somehow.

#912 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

Good work, t. I'm glad terminus is ready to tackle Bangkok because, although I'm flattered by dino's suggestion, I'm really not very good at connecting the dots and creating/furthering a narrative. But it looks like terminus should have Bangkok done soon and dino has already volunteered his services to write up the Everglades portion. :tup:

#913 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:39 AM

So far, so good. Only one thing I'd recommend to add though - we need to use this retina-creating phone at some point, so Bond should use it to get into Goodhewe's Infinity Room office at night. He could take a photo of Goodhewe at the Falco meeting, create a retina, and then use it to get past the scanner outside Goodhewe's office afterwards.

That sounds like a good idea. I had forgotten about the retina scanner and had thought while writing the segment that the door would probably have some kind of security feature to it, but kind of glossed over it and failed to really focus on that. That should be, however, where the retina scanner idea comes into play, as it would certainly make the most sense.

#914 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hope this is okay :D

The Glacier Express

MI6 & Amsterdam

Geneva

Bangkok

Bond's contact in Bangkok is Jack Wade - who meets Bond in an exotic sex-club where scantily clad, but tastefully dressed dancers gyrate around a pole to a brassy version of the films themetune. Bond asks about the Sathorn Unique, an unfinished skyscraper in the city - the location of the mysterious meeting described in Goodhewe's files (it's the arms auction, not a secondary facility). Wade says that would explain the influx of figures from the arms world into the city -

Bond asks for a favour from Wade - getting them both into the arms auction. Wade agrees, though points out that America can't be seen to be having their hand in such an event. He'll monitor proceedings from a remote safehouse.

That night, the arms auction goes ahead on an unfinished floor of the skyscraper. Donning his usual seethrough disguise, Bond claims to be David Sommerset, representing a British arms firm. The auction begins - operated by a beautiful redheaded woman - and a handful of items are brought up, bought and the auction moves on. Bond has noticed Goodhewe in the audience of the auction, but hasn't been noticed himself - but the time comes and the Stormcaller comes up for bidding. A slideshow is presented by ---- Adelaide! The slideshow of the devices destructive abilities is shown, and a live demonstration is unveiled -

The clouds above India have been preseeded and the Stormcaller Network focuses its raw power into the clouds, causing it to torrentially rain down over the various cities, causing the Ganges to swell, cataclysmically breaking its banks and causing massive flooding. All within a few minutes, all overseen by a straight faced Adelaide. Bond is shocked, but then the bidding begins - and Goodhewe, just like the auction in Octopussy, artificially inflates the price of the weapons usage.

Bond begins to compete, but eventually the auction is won by a conglomerate of companies who have a very specific idea in mind. Bond goes up to congratulate them on their win, slipping the dagger out of his shoe and into one of their pockets so that when they pass through a metal detector into a secure area, it sets the detectors off, causing a commotion and letting Bond slip through.

Goodhewe and Adelaide meet with the buyers, alongside Damian Falco and Maleko. Falco has used money that he has siphoned from the NSA and invested it into Stormcaller, he expects a mass return on his investment. The buyers explains that they want Goodhewe to increase the size of the hurricanes that are currently threatening the gulf coast - and decimate the oil fields, making their own rigs elsewhere a major supplier. Goodhewe agrees - and the money is transferred.

Bond realises he is not the only person observing the meeting - the other is the woman he recognises from the pub in Geneva, whom he realises he also saw at Goodhewe's office on the island. He tries to get closer to her, but this causes him to get noticed - and this leads to a pursuit through the building site and a fight with Maleko on the uppermost finished floor. Bond almost plunges to his death, but he is rescued by the woman - and they escape together through the streets, then on a boat down the Chao Phraya, pursued by Maleko and thugs in another boat.

Think the boatchase in TWINE - mixed with the boatchase in QOS.

Eventually Bond and the woman escape and he takes her to the safehouse where he meets with Wade - whom the woman greets as 'Uncle Jack'. The woman is NSA - she's been spying on Damian Falco because of his siphoning of funds and directing them towards the Stormcaller project, thus why she was at the office in Geneva and thus why she was speaking to Falco. He didn't know she was spying on him before - but he does now.

Wade mentions something about that being the last favour he owes Bond - "Actually," says Bond, "I was wondering if you could do me another favour -" And we cut to Bond and Karina on a military plane, flying to Florida.

#915 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Well done, terminus. You did justice to my location. :D

#916 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Good stuff! I'll pick up from here and flesh out the Everglades sequence later today.

#917 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Glad you both like - I'm happy for it to be revised.

I'm thinking that, after having watched TND this afternoon, maybe the event in Bangkok should be more akin to the Arms Bazaar in the TND PTS.

#918 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

SOMEWHERE OVER THE ATLANTIC

On board the military plane, Bond contacts M and asks her to call for an immediate shutdown of the Stormcaller satellite. M cannot oblige, as the British Government has also invested heavily in the project; the Prime Minister has been on the front page of every newspaper praising it. She requires more evidence that it is being used for nefarious purposes before she can take action. Bond tells her she'll get it.

FLORIDA

After landing at Fort Lauderdale Naval Air Station, Karina and Bond board the waiting NSA helicopter to survey the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Just off the coast, they come across one that isn't listed on the charts; as they approach, they see the Goodhewe insignia on the side just before machine gun fire strikes the chopper! There is no actual oil drilling equipment visible, just men raising a huge antenna - so the Stormcaller can target this precise location, notes Karina. Bond steers it around to head back the way they came, remarking "I think we just found our evidence!"
On board the oil rig, Maleko and three men get into a fanboat and pursue the chopper. Pursuing them to the coast, Maleko shoots the rear rotor blades with a sniper rifle; Bond does his best to bring the damaged vehicle down into The Everglades without crashing, landing it in a swampy clearing. Bond and Karina clamber out before the chopper sinks into the mire. We see Maleko watch them land, rifle in hand.

THE EVERGLADES

With no cellphone reception, Bond and Karina can do nothing but start walking. They reach a wooded area as the fanboat approaches; Maleko and three other men with rifles disembark and chase after them.
With no weapons between them, Bond and Karina improvise, setting traps for the hunters. Bond ties some spiked branches back, using a vine as a tripwire. The first hunter stumbles into it and is impaled on the branches; as he shouts in agony, Maleko shoots him, mocking him for falling into such an obvious trap.
Hunter #2 is dispatched by Bond covering a deep pit with branches and leaves; the hunter falls straight into it, where he is greeted by a nest of pygmy rattlesnakes. Maleko laughs at the hunter's fate, and remarks to the remaining hunter that he is starting to respect Bond as a worthy adversary.
Maleko and Hunter #3 split up in an attempt to flank their prey. Karina uses a vine to swing from a tree and kick the Hunter straight into a marsh filled with alligators. Elsewhere, Maleko spots Bond trying to hide, and approaches stealthily. He draws his koa, or shark-toothed dagger, and plunges it straight down - but it appears to go right THROUGH Bond!
Maleko's confusion doesn't last long as Bond drops down from a tree right behind him, punching the huge man in the jaw. "Three's a crowd", remarks Bond.
We now see that Bond had set up the holographic projector to create the illusion. Bond switches it off, and the two men struggle, knee-deep in a marsh; Maleko overpowers Bond and is about to finish him when Karina pops up behind him, hitting him with a huge, thick branch. Unfazed, Maleko grabs the branch from her and snaps it in half. As Bond gets up, he sees a massive Burmese python slithering towards them through the swamp; Bond charges straight into Maleko, knocking him into the water. The python is on him before he can get up; Bond and Karina climb out of the marsh to safe ground as the python wraps around Maleko, dragging him under the water.

"Now that's what I call a crushing defeat!", notes Bond. The two of them double back to find Maleko's fanboat, and head north. On board, Karina finds communiques from Falco, ordering Maleko to rendezvous at Naples airport once he has finished Bond. Bond charts a course heading to Naples...

#919 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Pardon me, but I haven't been following this as closely as I should have been. When and where does Bond use the retina phone? Or is he yet to use it? And is the NSA agent assigned to spy on Falco Amy Acker's "Auctioneer"?

#920 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

I think the retina phone is going to be worked into the Geneva sequence.

#921 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

Is anyone planning to take on the airplane-Puerto Rico finale? I can have a go at it later tonight if there are no takers.

#922 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

I'm happy for you to take it on, dino as I think you and tdalton have a better handle on this than I do at the moment, but if you need me to chip in them I'm happy to do so.

#923 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

I'm bowing out after this one, folks. UB-Brosnan is puffing along nicely without me needing to contribute much more, my time for frivolous internet pursuits (although it is all relative) is short these days anyway, and it's been at an intense pace that we've been cranking these out, especially lately. In that sense I support the idea of taking a bit of a break. I might be back during the Craig Fleming remakes at some point. I definitely have some ideas for TMWTGG.

#924 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

I'm bowing out after this one, folks. UB-Brosnan is puffing along nicely without me needing to contribute much more, my time for frivolous internet pursuits (although it is all relative) is short these days anyway, and it's been at an intense pace that we've been cranking these out, especially lately. In that sense I support the idea of taking a bit of a break. I might be back during the Craig Fleming remakes at some point. I definitely have some ideas for TMWTGG.

Well Sam, UB Brosnan is all but done--just need dino to finish up the last segment. The usual UB series will then go on a break for a few months but in the meantime we'll pick up with dino's UB Craig remakes, which should probably demand less time and energy since the basis for the stories is already there. Hope you stick around in some capacity, though.

#925 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

Well Sam, UB Brosnan is all but done--just need dino to finish up the last segment. The usual UB series will then go on a break for a few months but in the meantime we'll pick up with dino's UB Craig remakes, which should probably demand less time and energy since the basis for the stories is already there. Hope you stick around in some capacity, though.

I'll try and be back for TMWTGG but by all means go on without me for the rest of them (although never say never, as Connery well knows). To be honest, my interest in Bond is quite like the moon, and it's on the wane at the moment. It will wax again in due time.

Edited by SamuelKevlar, 07 January 2011 - 03:02 AM.

#926 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

I've felt the same way in the past. I've always enjoyed and appreciated your contributions since you joined us and I hope you're not gone for long. :)

#927 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:29 AM

I've felt the same way in the past. I've always enjoyed and appreciated your contributions since you joined us and I hope you're not gone for long. :)

I'll echo that sentiment. Hope Sam's not gone for too long. Your character and plot ideas have been excellent and enjoyable to work with. :)

My feelings towards the Bond films/books go in a similar way as well. I'm actually really looking forward to the remake project because it gives me an excuse to go back through the films, some of which I haven't watched in a while. I'm probably going to sit down to DR. NO soon to get some ideas going for that remake, although I do have some casting/character ideas I'm currently working on.

#928 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

Once again, good to see some forward thinking on the next project. I've had an idea or two as well.

#929 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:21 AM

Once again, good to see some forward thinking on the next project. I've had an idea or two as well.

I figured I might as well start thinking forward a bit since the UB-Brosnan project appears to be pretty much finished (I think all we're waiting on is the finale of the film to be written up if I'm remembering correctly).

I figured it'll probably take a bit more thought at this point in the process in regards to casting as most of the actors and actresses that I've always wanted to see in a Bond film have been "cast" in various roles throughout the process, so now it takes a bit more work to figure out who to have play the characters (although I've got a few ideas for several of the remakes, although I must say I'm less sure about how the suggestions would be received than I've been with the ones I've submitted previously). I do think I've got a couple of decent ideas for DR. NO, but now it's just a matter of figuring out how to update certain characters and/or plot points or situations.

#930 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

OK, here's what I came up with today. I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening in the Puerto Rico finale exactly, I can just wing it unless somebody else wants to write the ending.

NAPLES, FL

Bond and Karina leave The Everglades by fanboat and arrive in the coastal town of Naples. Falco has secured a private airfield and Bond and Karina spy from the shadows, watching as two cargo planes are loaded with chemical tanks. Bond recognizes the chemical formulae marked on the sides, and concludes that they are cloud-seeding chemicals for increasing the potency of the impending Stormcaller strike. All of Falco's men are wearing HALO suits and gas masks, so Bond overpowers one of the goons who was heading to the bathroom and steals his uniform. As the planes are about to leave, Bond tells Karina to get out of there and contact M.

Bond joins the rest of the men and sneaks on board. Karina attempts to leave, but is spotted by guards. She fights off a couple, but is quickly surrounded. Falco asks her where Bond is, she replies he was killed by Maleko. Falco then knocks her out with the usual only-in-the-movies one punch, and orders the guards to take her to Goodhewe. The rest of the men get on board and the two planes take off.

Bond and Falco are on the same plane; as the men go about their work, taking pressure readings, checking the chemicals etc, Bond pockets a hand grenade from a handy nearby crate. As he bends over, Falco notices his uniform is a little too small. Falco instantly draws his gun, and remarks "A little advice, Bond, next time you steal a guard's uniform, make sure it's not two sizes too small".

Caught red-handed, Bond removes his mask. Falco orders the men to attach a line to Bond and dangle him out of the back until he either talks or dies. As the men prepare to open the hatch, Bond quickly hurls his grenade straight at the chemical tank. Men scatter in all directions as the tank blows; Bond opens up the back, holding on to a rail as guards spill out, the second cargo plane visible in the distance behind/below them. As the plane veers wildly and begins to climb, Bond and Falco grapple behind the ruptured tank. The tank topples over, heading straight for the both of them. Bond JUMPS out of the back of the plane, grabbing a spare cargo net as he goes; the tank slams straight into Falco.

Falling towards the second plane, Bond opens up the cargo net and uses his wingsuit to slow his descent; he times it just right so the cargo net catches onto the tail. Bond manages to pull himself to the side door and climb in, just as Falco falls straight towards him, slamming into the fuselage.

Inside the plane, Bond overpowers the only occupants, two pilots - they tell him their orders are to release the chemicals and then return the plane to a rendezvous in Puerto Rico. Bond ties them up and takes control of the plane...