935 replies to this topic

#811 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

Samuel - I like the scene (and the quip!), but if you don't mind, I'd like to keep Maleko alive for a bit longer (It's kind of unusual to have the henchman die that early in the film, no?).

I don't know if anyone's put two and two together yet, but I did note he had "hunting/tracking" skills, and I've put the Florida Everglades as a location. Can you guess what kind of sequence I had in mind there? :D

How about, Bond THINKS he's killed Maleko, but as Bond leaves, we see the henchman pull himself out of the water, bloodied and battered, but ready to...die another day?

#812 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

I agree, maybe we could make the henchman who dies a second junior henchperson?

Re: Puerto Rico, I could see the Puerto Rico location being something like the array in Cuba in GoldenEye.

#813 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, I reckoned you might want to use him for the Everglades. I just put him in there because we need someone with a bit of a face as a foe for this major action sequence, not just a generic mook. I can probably think of a second henchman - Falco is more of second-villain in the TLD vein than a henchman anyway. Incidentally, could Bond be protecting/rescuing Adelaide Springs in the Holland sequence? She's a scientist there and he wouldn't know yet that she's a baddie. Then Vuursteen could be a purveyor of techno-babble at MI6 HQ.

#814 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

I'd agree to that - it's sort of how I imagined she'd be played. Sort of a Miranda Frost type - we think she's a good girl to begin with but it turns out that she's actually a bad girl.

I'm happy to see a second minor henchperson created if we want to have more of a 'face' for the cloud chamber sequence.

I like the idea bringing in Vuursteen as a Ministry of Defence expert - sort of how they used to bring in the experts in the Connery films before the Moore films made him an expert on everything.

#815 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Re: Puerto Rico, I could see the Puerto Rico location being something like the array in Cuba in GoldenEye.

I was thinking of something that was the antithesis of the satellite array in Cuba. The villains are attacking a section of oil-producing land, one that might be in the Gulf of Mexico, right? I figure they are transporting the cloud-seeding chemicals from Washington or New York to San Juan before flying west to wherever they are going. It's a stop-over because Falco is the NSA chief and he knows of the facility where they can hide out for the time being. In fact, the entire finale could take place around the building, because without Falco, the villains have no access to the actual building.

#816 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

Yes we could create a second henchperson, maybe it would be Maleko's partner/buddy/mentor/girlfriend etc, so when that guy gets killed, Maleko vows Personal Revenge ™ against Bond.

I thought of suggesting it could be Maleko's father who dies, but that would draw ANOTHER comparison to DAD, which had (sort of) father and son villains.

#817 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

How about Maleko's foster brother? Someone who could be a total curve ball - Bond wouldn't know that Maleko had a foster brother. Someone like Mr. Kil?

#818 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Sure, why not. At least that opens up potential casting a bit and we won't be limited to having to find someone who looks like The Rock!

#819 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

I was thinking of something that was the antithesis of the satellite array in Cuba. The villains are attacking a section of oil-producing land, one that might be in the Gulf of Mexico, right? I figure they are transporting the cloud-seeding chemicals from Washington or New York to San Juan before flying west to wherever they are going. It's a stop-over because Falco is the NSA chief and he knows of the facility where they can hide out for the time being. In fact, the entire finale could take place around the building, because without Falco, the villains have no access to the actual building.

To be honest? I don't like this. I'd see there being some sort of secret compound for controlling the Stormcaller Network in Puerto Rico that the villain has had constructed - the primary control centre could be in Amsterdam (a la the Severnaya facility in GE). I think making it a stop-over just sucks the epic finale-ness out of the scene - as if it's an afterthough to the finale on the plane, to be honest.

The location prior to the Puerto Rico section is Florida, which would suggest that the flight is from somewhere near the Everglades across the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico to Puerto Rico. The villains could be taking advantage of hurricane season (when I wrote the aforementioned fic, it was just after Katrina had hit the Gulf region) to use the Stormcaller Network to increase the ferocity of the hurricanes so that they decimate the oil regions off the coast.

Not too fond of the Malako having a foster-brother twist to the secondary henchman. I ask you - what's the point in that twist. Sure, it adds foundation to the henchman - but he's a henchman, how much did we know or did we need to know about Oddjob, Mr Kil, Stamper or, indeed, any of the henchman. It's not something that would be put across on screen - I would say just make them henchmen working for the same villain, they don't need any further motivation than that for going after Bond.

#820 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Peter Mensah as Mr Yaw?

Agreed on the use of Vuursteen as an expert, and I favour the Puerto Rico location to be in the GE vein rather than a stop-over.

#821 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

Peter Mensah as Mr Yaw?

Agreed on the use of Vuursteen as an expert, and I favour the Puerto Rico location to be in the GE vein rather than a stop-over.

I could see Mensah being a henchman - he's certainly got the physicality as seen in Spartacus.

#822 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:10 AM

Well since we're here, I might as well describe a bit of what I had in mind for The Everglades.

Bond and Karina have been out in a helicopter surveying the Gulf of Mexico after learning (presumably in Bangkok) that Goodhewe is planning "something" in that region.

Returning to Karina's safehouse in Tampa, the helicopter passes over the Everglades. The chopper is shot at by Maleko from on board a hidden boat, damaging the rear rotor blades. As Bond tries to keep the chopper from crashing, he steers it in towards a clearing where they can at least crash land relatively harmlessly. Bond and Karina leave the chopper as it sinks into the swamp-like environment.

Trapped in the middle of the Everglades, with no weapons. gadgets, radios, or cellphones, Bond and Karina must avoid the natural predators like alligators, crocs, Burmese pythons etc, as well as the unnatural predators consisting of Maleko and his goons.

So we'd get Maleko hunting human prey in the form of Bond and Karina. Bond would use the natural environment to set traps, taking out Maleko's men one by one, which would perversely lead to Maleko respecting Bond somewhat. Anyway it ends in the Bond/Maleko one on one showdown and Bond lures Maleko into getting attacked and killed by a python - "Now there's a crushing defeat".

Bond and Karina double back to find Maleko's boat and use it to get out of the Everglades. On board they find a communique from Falco, informing Maleko they've secured an airstrip outside of Naples, FL, which can lead us to the plane sequence.

Peter Mensah as Mr Yaw?

:tup:

Ah yes, "Guy who gets kicked into the pit in 300", he certainly seems to know his way around an action movie or two!

#823 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

Can I suggest another entry to the pro forma for future rounds? I want to suggest the Villain's Death, because killing the Big Bad in an imaginitve way is a time-honoured tradition for the Bond franchise. Of course, it may have to be on the condition that the field remains blank until the action sequences are filled in first (to stop it from dictating other fields). And it may have to be limited to a short explanation (ie shot, stabbed, explosively decompressed, drowned, defenestration, etc).

To be honest? I don't like this. I'd see there being some sort of secret compound for controlling the Stormcaller Network in Puerto Rico that the villain has had constructed - the primary control centre could be in Amsterdam (a la the Severnaya facility in GE). I think making it a stop-over just sucks the epic finale-ness out of the scene - as if it's an afterthough to the finale on the plane, to be honest.

Yeah, but this is UB-Brosnan. He did GOLDENEYE; having the climax in a satellite transmitter array again is a little bit redundant. I only suggested it as a stop-over because it was totally different to the satellite dish. Instead of a stop-over, it could be their base of operations for carrying out attacks on the Mexican coastline because they intend to have more than one assault. But I just don't want to see another satellite array.

#824 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

Can I suggest another entry to the pro forma for future rounds? I want to suggest the Villain's Death, because killing the Big Bad in an imaginitve way is a time-honoured tradition for the Bond franchise. Of course, it may have to be on the condition that the field remains blank until the action sequences are filled in first (to stop it from dictating other fields). And it may have to be limited to a short explanation (ie shot, stabbed, explosively decompressed, drowned, defenestration, etc).

Yeah, but this is UB-Brosnan. He did GOLDENEYE; having the climax in a satellite transmitter array again is a little bit redundant. I only suggested it as a stop-over because it was totally different to the satellite dish. Instead of a stop-over, it could be their base of operations for carrying out attacks on the Mexican coastline because they intend to have more than one assault. But I just don't want to see another satellite array.

At no point did I say it was an array - I said 'something like the array'. As in, more or less, like the control centre compound underneath the array which would be a secondary control centre for the Stormcaller Network.

Re: villains death field - don't necessarily want to see it added to the proforma.

Well since we're here, I might as well describe a bit of what I had in mind for The Everglades.

Bond and Karina have been out in a helicopter surveying the Gulf of Mexico after learning (presumably in Bangkok) that Goodhewe is planning "something" in that region.

Returning to Karina's safehouse in Tampa, the helicopter passes over the Everglades. The chopper is shot at by Maleko from on board a hidden boat, damaging the rear rotor blades. As Bond tries to keep the chopper from crashing, he steers it in towards a clearing where they can at least crash land relatively harmlessly. Bond and Karina leave the chopper as it sinks into the swamp-like environment.

Trapped in the middle of the Everglades, with no weapons. gadgets, radios, or cellphones, Bond and Karina must avoid the natural predators like alligators, crocs, Burmese pythons etc, as well as the unnatural predators consisting of Maleko and his goons.

So we'd get Maleko hunting human prey in the form of Bond and Karina. Bond would use the natural environment to set traps, taking out Maleko's men one by one, which would perversely lead to Maleko respecting Bond somewhat. Anyway it ends in the Bond/Maleko one on one showdown and Bond lures Maleko into getting attacked and killed by a python - "Now there's a crushing defeat".

Bond and Karina double back to find Maleko's boat and use it to get out of the Everglades. On board they find a communique from Falco, informing Maleko they've secured an airstrip outside of Naples, FL, which can lead us to the plane sequence.

I'm sure that sequence can be adapted :D

#825 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:23 AM

CAST

0 Title (Group Decision Field) - Stormcaller

1 Bond - Pierce Brosnan

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Natalia/Wai Lin/Christmas/Jinx): Jennifer Garner as Karina, a top [INSERT APPROPRIATE INTELLIGENCE ORGANIZATION HERE] agent tasked with finding out what and/or who is behind the weather abnormalities mentioned in the plot description. She's ruthless, and while she doesn't have a licence to kill, she doesn't have a problem with performing such duties either. She gets gets the job done, regardless of the cost.
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Xenia/Paris/Elektra/Miranda): Rebecca Romjin Stamos as Adelaide Springs, a meteorlogist involved in Project Stormcaller and the development of the weather satellite, a villainess - she's a mix between Xenia Onatopp and Natalia Simonova.
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Irina/Ingrid/Molly/Verity):

5 Henchman (a la Oddjob): Michael Madsen as corrupt NSA Chief Damian Falco.
6 Henchman 2: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as Maleko, henchman skilled in hunting/tracking, and fond of using the Hawaiian 'koa', or shark-toothed dagger on his victims.

7 Villain: James Fox as Sir Laurence Goodhewe, a wealthy philanthropist with sinister intentions.

8 M: Judi Dench
9 Moneypenny: Samantha Bond
10 Q: John Cleese
11 Tanner: Michael Kitchen / Robinson: Colin Salmon (both can be used, or only one can be used - but one of them probably should turn up)

12 Ally 1: Pierre Bokma as Dutch meteorologist Martijn Vuursteen, part of the Stormcaller development team.

Re: Locations - no repeat locations are permitted

13 Pre-Titles Location: The Rhaetian Railway in Italy/Switzerland
14 Location 1: House on the Rock, Wisconsin
15 Location 2: Amsterdam
16 Location 3: Sathorn Unique skyscraper in Bangkok, Thailand
17 Location 4: The Everglades, South Florida, USA
18 Location 5: An abandoned NSA facility (previously used to keep tabs on Castro) located just outside San Juan, Puerto Rico

KEY PLOT POINTS

19 Villain's Plot: The villain has come into possession (either in a perfectly legal manner or by stealing it) of a weather manipulation satellite that is intended to be used to bring rain to arid areas in Africa, Asia and South America. However, the villain plans on using it to decimate areas of oil mining such as the Gulf of Mexico and the Newfoundland coast in Canada.

Suggestion - The villain could demonstrate the sheer power of the weather manipulation satellite by aiming it at the Ganges and causing the water level to rise dramatically and instantly, causing massive flooding of the surrounding areas. This does not mean that India needs to be a location, the scene can be shown via a computer screen.

20 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Bond is on a train, with orders to kill an enemy agent on board. But unknown to Bond, the agent is already aware of Bond's presence, and his mission, and has filled the train with his own henchman, ready to take out Bond once he makes his move. But Bond realizes what's going on when he uncovers a fake sommelier who fails to serve his wine correctly (a nod to the scrapped GE PTS), and a huge action-packed shootout ensues.
21 Major Stunt 1:
22 Major Stunt 2: Within the Stormcaller base at the Oosterschelde flood barrier, Bond engages in fisticuffs on the gangway of a giant Cloud Chamber, with the storm the villains have activated brewing not just outside but in the artificially generated clouds below. His opponent falls to his death and after a quip ("He's feeling a bit under the weather") Bond runs off to rescue the Bond girl, captured scientist Vuursteen, or both, who has/have been taken by Maleko and are being forced into the back of a car. A chase past the pylons through stormy weather eventually has Bond forcing the bad guy off the road and over the edge into the tempestuous water. The girl/scientist makes it to dry land while Bond and Maleko struggle under water, eventually getting caught in the machinery of the flood barrier. Bond wrenches himself free as Maleko is crushed by the hydraulics. Emerging from the water bloodied and drenched, he's asked if he's alright. "Just a bit of sea sickness."
23 Major Stunt 3:
24 Major Stunt 4: The villains are transporting cloud-seeding chemicals to a site, which they intend to spray before firing the satellite in order to increase its potency even further. Bond sneaks aboard, but is caught by Falco. He is danged out the back of an aeroplane for interrogation, but he is having none of it - he attacks Falco, using a hand gernade to rupture the massive tank of cloud-seeding chemicals loaded in the back of the place. Most of the redshirts are washed out the back of the plane, falling to their deaths, but Bond and Falco manage to hold on (Bond because he's expecting it, Falco because he's quick). The plane begins to climb steeply, leading to the tank becoming free. Bond throws himself out the back of the cargo bay while Falco is crushed by the tank. As everyone on-board the plane was wearing a HALO wingsuit (a special suit designed to aid aerodynamics and improve speed when freefalling), he is effectively able to jump from one plane to the next. As for Falco, we see a shot from the cockpit of the second plane as his body hits it square-on, finally killing him.
25 Finale Stunt: Bond sets out to confront Goodhewe, but Goodhewe sits in his chair, with his two bodyguards at either side, snaps his fingers, and Mr. Yaw leaves his employer's side to fight with Bond; Bond finally overpowers Yaw with (INSERT GADGET HERE), only for Goodhewe to snap his fingers again -- and Mr. Weh leaves his side, only to meet the same fate, if in a rougher manner, as Yaw. Bond finally approaches Goodhewe, only to confront an invisible force shield -- Bond barrels through (somehow), and Goodhewe runs up the stairs to the side, terrified. Bond chases him up to a balcony, where sit several potted plants, all of them, Goodhewe boasts, to be poisonous. He attempts to throw them, one at a time, at Bond, each one either missing him or getting smashed by Bond's defensive attacks; the final plant does not take kindly to this, and shoots a poisonous dart into Goodhewe's neck -- he turns purple, and collapses, dead. Bond looks over him and quips, "He seems to have turned a rather ghastly hue."

STUFF

26 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets - if any):

27 Gadget 1: A mobile camera phone that can be used to create false retinas. The camera is used to take a photo of a person's eye, and then copies the image onto a contact lens hidden in the phone. The process takes an hour, but it can be used sooner; the difference is that it will be less effective - Bond could use this to take a photo of his own eye, take the lens out early and then twist it on his eye to change the pattern of his retina in order to pass a retina scan and prove he is not James Bond.
28 Gadget 2:
29 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

30 Director: Stephen Frears

31 Music By: David Arnold

32 Themetune by David Arnold and [INSERT THEMETUNE SINGER]
33 Themetune Sung by:

34 Secondary Theme (a la 'If You Asked Me To', 'If There Was A Man' and 'Where Has Everybody Gone') by:
35 Secondary Theme Sung by:

36 Titles Designed By: Daniel Kleinman
37 Description of Titles:

#826 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

No insult intended, but Mrblofeld - are you smoking something?

That's not very good at all - oh, let's have the villain die by Bond throwing a potted plant at him?! WTF? Invisible force fields?! This isn't Star Trek (and, yes, I know we had a 'cloaking device' in DAD).

Who's Mr Weh? And, missing the fact that Mr Yaw is set to die in Amsterdam - and Malaka due to die in the Everglades!

#827 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

That's not very good at all - oh, let's have the villain die by Bond throwing a potted plant at him?! WTF? Invisible force fields?! This isn't Star Trek (and, yes, I know we had a 'cloaking device' in DAD).

It is a little...unusual. I figured since the villain is manipulating weather, shouldn't he die via the weather? We could have Goodhewe creating an artificial storm to cover his escape, Bond gives chase etc (up to the top of the San Juan lighthouse, perhaps?), Goodhewe has Bond at gunpoint, starts talking, but foolishly leans against a flagpole, and...ZAP.

Cue the quip - "Nice speech, Laurence. Very en-lightning". (Damn you, Goldfinger for already using "shocking"!)

#828 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

It is a little...unusual. I figured since the villain is manipulating weather, shouldn't he die via the weather? We could have Goodhewe creating an artificial storm to cover his escape, Bond gives chase etc, Goodhewe has Bond at gunpoint, starts talking, but foolishly leans against a flagpole, and...ZAP.

Cue the quip - "Nice speech, Laurence. Very en-lightning". (Damn you, Goldfinger for already using "shocking"!)

Now THAT'S a good idea - perhaps there could be a cloud chamber in this second compound, like there is in the first one in Amsterdam - so they could've duplicated experiments. Thus why the loss of the facilities in Amsterdam doesn't seem like a big deal to the villains, because all they're doing by sending it up in an explosion would be to destroy the abilities of anyone else to replicate their experiments.

#829 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

Who's Mr Weh? And, missing the fact that Mr Yaw is set to die in Amsterdam - and Malaka due to die in the Everglades!

Very sorry; different henchies will do, and I'll get rid of the force field -- but Bond doesn't throw the potted plant, Goodhewe accidentally kills himself.

...'twas a pun on his name. Goodhewe, "ghastly hue", etc. :P

#830 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

Very sorry; different henchies will do, and I'll get rid of the force field -- but Bond doesn't throw the potted plant, Goodhewe accidentally kills himself.

...'twas a pun on his name. Goodhewe, "ghastly hue", etc. :P

So Goodhewe kills himself by hitting HIMSELF over the head with a potted plant! Oh, yes, that makes more sense.

All of the henchmen have been killed off by this point, the only one that's remaining would be Adelaide - and she likely needs to be killed off by Adelaide.

Keep in mind we're going for a Severnaya bunker sort of feel for the Puerto Rico sequences.

#831 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

So Goodhewe kills himself by hitting HIMSELF over the head with a potted plant! Oh, yes, that makes more sense.

No, the plant attacks him; this isn't "The Goodhewe Comedy Hour", Paul... :S

#832 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:51 AM

No, the plant attacks him; this isn't "The Goodhewe Comedy Hour", Paul... :S

This really doesn't help your case.

I'm sorry, mrblofeld, but it really isn't a good sequence.

#833 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

I feel foolish even asking, but - is there actually such a thing as a plant that shoots poison darts?

BTW terminus I'm sketching out the PTS in full right now. Shall I just post it when I'm done, or do you want to wait for all the fields to be filled out before we get into that kind of thing?

#834 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

I feel foolish even asking, but - is there actually such a thing as a plant that shoots poison darts?

BTW terminus I'm sketching out the PTS in full right now. Shall I just post it when I'm done, or do you want to wait for all the fields to be filled out before we get into that kind of thing?

Not that I can find, dinovelvet. Not that I can find.

Yes, please post the sketched out PTS when you finish it.

So, here's how the treatment has been proposed, as I understand it. We're still missing a vast chunk of the movie (Bangkok) as well as a primary stunt. Any ideas on how to string things together without influencing stunts is most welcome.

Italy/Switzerland - Bond fights a henchman on the Rhaetian Railway - gets tossed out of the train, uses thugs corpse as a bodyboard and surfs down a mountain before stealing a motorbike to catch up with the train and complete his mission. The mission is, somehow, connected to the ongoing plot.

Wisonsin - No idea. No experience of the location.

London - Bond is briefed by Vuursteen (this could occur post-Amsterdam)

Amsterdam - Bond finds himself in Amsterdam where he must rescue Adelaide Springs and fight thugs in a massive cloud chamber at the Stormcaller HQ near a flood barrier. He pursues villain Mr Weh in the Aston Martin, but the fight ends up in the water near the flood barrier - Mr Weh dies but Bond and Adelaide both survive. Bond will later realise Weh wasn't kidnapping Adelaide - he was trying to get her out of the building before the building went up in a fireball.

Thailand - Adelaide is revealed to be a villain, Karina enters the picture. A lot of the action probably takes place here.

Florida - Bond and Karina have their plane/helicopter shot down over the Everglades where they come into combat with Maleko, who dies. But they find out about the flight from Florida to Puerto Rico and board it - leading to the confrontation with Falco.

Puerto Rico - Bond and Karina get to the compound. Bond forces Goodhewe into a situation where he is electrified by an artificial storm - and Adelaide is killed by Karina.

Location X - Bond and Karine end up in each others arms.

#835 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:58 AM

All right; change the balcony sequence so he's struck by lightning -- pun-related Bond quips never really work, anyway. :S

Give me a few minutes and a screwdriver, and I'll change it, myself...

#836 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Okay, here we go:

25 Finale Stunt: Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, seated at the center of his compound, but Goodhewe sits in his chair, with his two bodyguards at either side, snaps his fingers, and Mr. Wynn leaves his employer's side to fight with Bond; Bond finally overpowers Wynn with (INSERT GADGET HERE), only for Goodhewe to snap his fingers again -- and Mr. Nihm leaves his side, only to meet the same fate, if in a rougher manner, as Wynn. Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, only for the villain to run up the stairs to the side, terrified. Bond chases him up several flights, to a balcony, where outside, Goodhewe's malfunctioning artificial storm is raging. Bond tries to approach Goodhewe, only for the wind and rain to continually blow him back, while Goodhewe stands arms spread-eagle, with his back flat against the wall, like a frightened mouse; the wind is completely passing him by, and hindering Bond. Goodhewe smiles, victoriously:

GOODHEWE: "You cannot stop me! Stormcaller is more powerful than either of us!"

A bolt flashes by, and Goodhewe continues to rant giddily:

GOODHEWE: "She will change the world, Bond! There's nothing you can do to stop that, now!"

Just then, a freak lightning bolt dashes right into the midst of where they are standin, throwing Goodhewe forward, shocked... right where Bond can reach him. 007 picks him up by the front of his shirt, yells over the storm, "Nice speech, Laurence; very enlightening!", then tosses him out and off the balcony, where he is carried away by the raging winds.

#837 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

Okay, here we go:

25 Finale Stunt: Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, seated at the center of his compound, but Goodhewe sits in his chair, with his two bodyguards at either side, snaps his fingers, and Mr. Wynn leaves his employer's side to fight with Bond; Bond finally overpowers Wynn with (INSERT GADGET HERE), only for Goodhewe to snap his fingers again -- and Mr. Nihm leaves his side, only to meet the same fate, if in a rougher manner, as Wynn. Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, only for the villain to run up the stairs to the side, terrified. Bond chases him up several flights, to a balcony, where outside, Goodhewe's malfunctioning artificial storm is raging. Bond tries to approach Goodhewe, only for the wind and rain to continually blow him back, while Goodhewe stands arms spread-eagle, with his back flat against the wall, like a frightened mouse; the wind is completely passing him by, and hindering Bond. Just then, a freak lightning bolt dashes into the midst, just as the villain boasts how his plan will revivify the world, and he stumbles forward, shocked, right where Bond can reach him; 007 yells over the storm, "Nice speech, Laurence; very enlightening!", then pushes him off the balcony, where he is carried away by the raging winds.

Not that you've altered anything that's your own creation, but it's better and gives us something to work with, even if we need to alter chunks of it.

#838 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

OK here is my PTS. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Unless they're negative.

GUNBARREL SEQUENCE

...which opens up to the blackness of a TUNNEL. A huge train, the 'Glacier Express', emerges out of it towards us. We are in the vicinity of ST.MORITZ, SWITZERLAND.

On board the train, JAMES BOND, 007, is in his private cabin. He opens up a briefcase to reveal a screen on which we see M's face. Via videolink chat, she gives Bond his orders. He is to assassinate and retrieve the laptop of rogue agent Viktor Krugman, who has been offering classified MI6 documents on the black market. M warns Bond that Krugman is a paranoid man who is likely to have security guards with him.

In the TRAIN CORRIDOR, a SOMMELIER carries a bottle of wine and glass, with a bill reading 'James Bond, Cabin 6A'. With nobody in sight, the sommelier takes the glass and pours a couple of drops of an unknown fluid into it, then knocks on Bond's door.

Bond opens the door and the sommelier enters, and pours wine for Bond. Bond eyes him with suspicion, but still raises his glass as if to drink. Before the glass touches his lips, Bond speaks.

"I must say, you served with considerable expertise. Where did you get your training, Zurich or Geneva?"
The man hesistates before answering "Geneva, Sir".

Bond - "Well that's interesting, as neither city offers sommelier training. And that tattoo you've tried to cover up on your neck. Siberian labor camp, I believe?"

Caught out, the sommelier attacks Bond with his corkscrew/knife. Bond fights back, and the two men spill into the corridor. Bond ends it by SMASHING the wine bottle on his head, just as an ELDERLY COUPLE open a door at the end of the corridor. They see Bond standing over the unconscious man, broken wine bottle in his hand.

Bond looks at them, and at the bottle. With a shrug : "It was not a good year". Startled, the couple rush back out through the door.

Bond makes his way along the train, and is jumped by three PORTERS in the luggage compartment. Bond drops his gun in the scuffle, and fights with improvised weapons including ice skates, ski poles, and a snowboard, knocking the last porter out with a toboggan/sled.

Approaching the luxury car end of the train, Bond comes face to face with Krugman, who panics and turns, ordering his final two henchmen to kill Bond. Bond grapples with the first and attempts to throw him out of the train door. As they struggle, the second henchman shoves them BOTH out of the train door!

Tumbling downwards, Bond manages to land on top of the other man, and the two of them skid down a steep slope to an icy road below. The henchman did not survive the landing, and it looks like Bond has failed his mission. As the train disappears out of sight, Bond is distracted by the put-put sound of an approaching MOTORBIKE. An AMERICAN TOURIST gets off the bike in front of Bond.

"Say buddy, are you alright?"
"Yes, my friend and I made an unscheduled stop."
"Want me to take a look at him? I have medical training."

As the man bends down to look at the henchman, Bond steps out of the shot. We all know what's coming....

"Nice bike. Is that a rental?"
"Yeah, but hey mister, I think this guy's dead!"
Bond : "Your medical training is second to none".

Bond is on the motorbike and is already leaving! The engine ROARS over any profanity our American friend might have to offer.

The Bond theme KICKS IN as the motorbike speeds up in pursuit of the train. As he has almost caught it, he sees the road ahead ends! Veering off the road, Bond rides the bike up an embankment, and JUMPS it through the air, landing it perfectly straight on top of the train. Bond straightens his tie as he steps off the bike, and casually strolls along the train to the front. He nonchalantly waves at a FARMER who watches him, mouth agape.

In Krugman's cabin, he and the final henchman break out a bottle of champagne as a KNOCK on the door is heard. "Ah", says Krugman. "Must be the caviar".

The henchman answers the door and receives a FIST in the face. Krugman RUNS as Bond finishes off the henchman.

Bond catches up with Krugman in a PANORAMA CAR and Krugman charges at him, wildly. The two men fight as the train passes over the Landwasser Viaduct. As the train lurches around a bend, Krugman grabs an emergency flare gun and is about to fire it, but Bond takes advantage of the sudden lurching by grabbing a handrail on the ceiling and KICKING Krugman straight out of the window, sending him plunging to his death at the bottom of the viaduct. As Bond leaves the car, a CONDUCTOR passes him, asking "What happened here?"

Bond - "Looks like someone went a bit off the rails"

Bond arrives back in Krugman's cabin, and retrieves the man's LAPTOP. As he turns to leave, an attractive STEWARDESS is at the door - "Your caviar, Sir?"

Bond ushers her in. "Caviar's always best when it's shared, isn't it?"

The Stewardess blushes a little as Bond closes the door behind her.

She responds "But I'm needed to serve lunch at the next stop!"
Bond leans in for a kiss. "And how long is it until the next stop?"
"Long enough", she answers.

As their lips meet, we move outside and see the train zoom straight into a tunnel.

CREDIT SEQUENCE BEGINS.

*Note - as a way to tie this PTS into the main film, when Bond later gets back to MI6 and hands in the laptop, they can discover on the hard drive, as well as the MI6 leaked intel, some cryptic references to something called 'Stormcaller', together with co-ordinates of locations including the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, Newfoundland, and Saudi Arabia. As these are all notorious oil-producing areas of the world, M is concerned enough to launch an investigation and perhaps get on the trail of Laurence Goodhewe through discovering that Krugman was an ex-employee, etc. So it'd be a case of MI6 stumbling onto the villain's plot by coincidence/accident.

#839 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:16 AM

Not that you've altered anything that's your own creation, but it's better and gives us something to work with, even if we need to alter chunks of it.

I've changed it a bit more, since then:

25 Finale Stunt: Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, seated at the center of his compound, but Goodhewe sits in his chair, with his two bodyguards at either side, snaps his fingers, and Mr. Wynn leaves his employer's side to fight with Bond; Bond finally overpowers Wynn with (INSERT GADGET HERE), only for Goodhewe to snap his fingers again -- and Mr. Nihm leaves his side, only to meet the same fate, if in a rougher manner, as Wynn. Bond finally reaches Goodhewe, only for the villain to run up the stairs to the side, terrified. Bond chases him up several flights, to a balcony, where outside, Goodhewe's malfunctioning artificial storm is raging. Bond tries to approach Goodhewe, only for the wind and rain to continually blow him back, while Goodhewe stands arms spread-eagle, with his back flat against the wall, like a frightened mouse; the wind is completely passing him by, and hindering Bond. Goodhewe smiles, victoriously:

GOODHEWE: "She will change the world, Bond! There's nothing you can do to stop that, now!"

Just then, a freak lightning bolt dashes right into the midst of where they are standin, throwing Goodhewe forward, shocked... right where Bond can reach him. 007 picks him up by the front of his shirt, yells over the storm, "Nice speech, Laurence; very enlightening!", then tosses him out and off the balcony, where he is carried away by the raging winds.

#840 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

*Note - as a way to tie this PTS into the main film, when Bond later gets back to MI6 and hands in the laptop, they can discover on the hard drive, as well as the MI6 leaked intel, some cryptic references to something called 'Stormcaller', together with co-ordinates of locations including the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, Newfoundland, and Saudi Arabia. As these are all notorious oil-producing areas of the world, M is concerned enough to launch an investigation and perhaps get on the trail of Laurence Goodhewe through discovering that Krugman was an ex-employee, etc. So it'd be a case of MI6 stumbling onto the villain's plot by coincidence/accident.

Me likey the stunt sequence - very Brosnan. When Bond lands the bike on the top of the train, I could see him doing something as plain as kicking the stand into place before dismounting - just a fantastic sense of abnormality.

Re: getting it all tied into the ongoing plot, I'd remind people that Stormcaller is a perfectly legitimate and legal enterprise, possibly connected to the United Nations and the WHO somehow as well as various governments so the projects existence wouldn't be a surprise to MI6. I'll need to think about what's on the computer, but that seems like the logical connection where we can link it to the main plot -

It's better but by no means concrete.