935 replies to this topic

#181 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

It's something I'll need to think about.

Okay. I just think it's a tired, cliched plot device to have the villain somehow cheat death, and I think it would be way more powerful to see Bond realise that his bloodlust has gotten him killed, too late to prevent it from happening and that it is only by a miracle intervention by his friends that he is able to survive.

#182 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:31 AM

Only tdalton to submit before Round 4!

Go ahead and begin Round 4 without me. I don't want to hold the rest of you up, as the ideas presented this time around have been quite good, and I'm basically tapped out in terms of having anything left to contribute at this point. I'm terrible with thinking up gadgets, so I'm not even going to give those a try (in all honesty, my doing that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you since you'd be left with a useless and probably embarrassingly lame gadget that wouldn't be worth anything), and I've got nothing to offer in terms of action sequences at this point either. :)

I would like to say, though, that the plot that SamuelKevlar came up with is brilliant. I love the idea and think that it fits this project very nicely. :) :tup:

#183 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

Go ahead and begin Round 4 without me. I don't want to hold the rest of you up, as the ideas presented this time around have been quite good, and I'm basically tapped out in terms of having anything left to contribute at this point. I'm terrible with thinking up gadgets, so I'm not even going to give those a try (in all honesty, my doing that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you since you'd be left with a useless and probably embarrassingly lame gadget that wouldn't be worth anything), and I've got nothing to offer in terms of action sequences at this point either. :)

That's a shame to hear, t. You will be back for UB Moore, Dalton and Brosnan, though?

#184 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

That's a shame to hear, t. You will be back for UB Moore, Dalton and Brosnan, though?

Absolutely. I'm not bowing out of this particular round of the game either (I hope my post didn't come across as an "I'm leaving the game" type of thing, because that's not at all what I meant for it to be), but I don't want it to be held up while I try to come up with something when undoubtedly the rest of the regular participants have much better ideas that they're eager to contribute to the project (especially as I've already started recycling certain ideas from previous rounds in this particular story, namely having the Walker character being a former Double-oh when I first submitted the character, which was something I've done with one or two other characters in previous stories).

:)

Edited by tdalton, 25 November 2010 - 07:02 AM.

#185 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:41 AM

Absolutely. I'm not bowing out of this particular round of the game either (I hope my post didn't come across as an "I'm leaving the game" type of thing, because that's not what I meant for it to be), but I don't want it to be held up while I try to figure out something to fill in the proforma either, because it would take a long while for me to come up with something (especially as I've already started recycling certain ideas from previous rounds in this particular story, namely having the Walker character being a former Double-oh when I first submitted the character, which was something I've done with one or two other characters in previous stories).

Very reassuring. I would've hoped you'd at least be around for UB Dalton, for obvious reasons. ;)

#186 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

Absolutely. I'm not bowing out of this particular round of the game either (I hope my post didn't come across as an "I'm leaving the game" type of thing, because that's not what I meant for it to be), but I don't want it to be held up while I try to figure out something to fill in the proforma either, because it would take a long while for me to come up with something (especially as I've already started recycling certain ideas from previous rounds in this particular story, namely having the Walker character being a former Double-oh when I first submitted the character, which was something I've done with one or two other characters in previous stories).

Very reassuring. I would hope you'd at least be around for UB Dalton, for obvious reasons. ;)

What I do feel like I can contribute to this particular round is to do some more work on the Irma Bunt scene towards the beginning of the story that I've already submitted in a rough form. That idea is pretty much already fully formed, it's just a matter of getting it down on paper. So I'll definitely be working on that and posting ideas here and there regarding how things are going. :)

I do have one other idea for an action scene, and if we end up adding another location (which I believe was discussed at some point today if I'm not mistaken) to the story, then I might take a crack at that one (it would be something based off of the idea that the special ops group led by Robert Walker was last seen in Vietnam, which was stipulated by SamuelKevlar in his write-up for the film's plot if I'm not mistaken). I'm not sure how it'll go over, though, as I think it would be a rather controversial scene (especially if it were to actually make it to the screen ;) ), and it relies so heavily on a specific location that currently does not reside in the proforma.

Edited by tdalton, 25 November 2010 - 06:49 AM.

#187 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Whilst I do think that we probably need another new location - I'm not sure I want to use a location such as Vietnam. I'd like to use another European location - but not a Soviet one (more about that in the future) - maybe Spain, Portugal, Italy or one of the major islands. However, I watched Heartbreaker (for the third time) today and that features a sequence set in Marrakech, Morocco and I am really drawn to using that as the additional location - it would be a good contrast to the other locations we have and somewhere unique.

As tdalton has decided not to participate for the moment, I'm opening the doors to Round 4 - with the gadgets, one casting and a single production detail remaining to be filled. I declare Round 4 open:

0 Title (Group Decision Field) - 'Semper Occultus'.'Always Secret' (proposed title - 'Semper Occultus' is the motto of MI6. I picture it being used in the film during an encounter between Moneypenny and Bond, during which Moneypenny asks how Bond is coping and how he's dealing with the anger and survivor's guilt - 'Semper Occultus," he responds. "Always secret".)

1 Bond - George Lazenby

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Pussy Galore/Kissy): Mia Farrow as Summer Long, American peace activist.
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Tilly Masterson/Aki): Linda Thorson as Mary Trueblood, a junior MI6 operative - certainly not a Double Oh (think Strawberry Fields for the Lazenby Era)
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Dink/Ling): Lola Falana as Nancy, a prostitute Bond meets in Cuba (or possibly earlier in the story, depending on what is chosen for Location #1)
5 Henchman (a la Oddjob):

6 Villain 1: Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld (though the movie should be about Bond tracking him down -- therefore he will not appear throughout the film, just in a final confrontation)
7 Villain 2: Richard Burton as Robert Walker (a rival agent Bond has crossed paths with before; currently employed by Blofeld)
7b Villain 3: A Body/Voice Double as Irma Bunt (to be confirmed)

8 M: Bernard Lee
9 Moneypenny: Lois Maxwell
10 Q: Desmond Llewelyn

11 Ally 1: George Pravda as Dr. Ladislav Kutze, a nuclear scientist in hiding from SPECTRE in Toronto, and the target of the Black Shield strike team in Major Stunt 3

Re: Locations - feel free to use multiple locations within a given country but we should avoid repeat locations unless absolutely necessary.

12 Pre-Titles Location: Northern Italy
xx Location A: The Maginot Line, Franco-German Border
13 Location 1: United Nations Headquarters, New York City.
xx Location B: Rabat, Morocco (?)
14 Location 2: A series of caves populated by incredible crystals somewhere in eastern Macedonia
15 Location 3: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (the ship was comissioned in 1969 on voyages from Southampton to New York so would have been quite topical. I imagine that Bond would pursue the secondary villain onto the ship from Macedonia to Havana [via Southampton and New York])
16 Location 4: Havana, Cuba
xx Location C: The Hamptons, New York
17 Location 5: Niagara Falls (where Bond has his final confrontation with Blofeld)

KEY PLOT POINTS

18 Villains Plot: Bond is out for revenge but in order to reach Blofeld he must make a deal with the Soviets, the only ones who know his whereabouts. In return for this information he must remove a prickly thorn in their side, an international mercenary company called Black Shield. Comprised mainly of UK and US veterans, it is now loyal to no nation and is presently, through various front organisations and Swiss bank accounts, being bankrolled by SPECTRE. Black Shield has recently been sighted in Vietnam, where it's been hitting the Viet-Cong hard and using methods that even the most ruthless hawks in the US government would balk at. The leader of Black Shield is Robert Walker, a rogue SAS captain and an old rival of Bond.

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Staglieno Cemetery in Genoa, Italy is being used as a 'dead-drop' by SPECTRE. A dead-drop is what they call a place where organizations leave parcels for other agents in bins, under park benches, etc. Bond finds it's a dead-drop location and follows someone to a crypt at the cemetery. Bond sneaks in, opens the coffin and takes the note from the corpse but gets into a fight in the crypt with someone. He defeats them, throws them into the coffin and shuts the lid on the man and the corpse, making some witty retort in the process. As Bond prepares to exit the crypt, tucking the piece of paper that was dead-dropped, we find that the crypt has been rigged to blow--and as Bond runs to safety, the explosion whites out the screen, which segues to the main title sequence.

19b Irma Bunt Scene: See Here

20 Major Stunt 1: Bond attempts to eavesdrop on a conversation at the United Nations, but the villains keep changing frequencies. He is forced to randomly cycle through radio frequencies in an attempt to find them again, before stumbling onto a plot to assassinate a delegate ona separate freuency. Bond attempts to prevent the assassination, unaware that it is a trap designed to lure him out into the open. As soon as he shows his hand, he realises that he has been made and must escape the UN building as it begins crawling with SPECTRE agents.

21 Major Stunt 2: Bond goes undercover at the Black Shield training camp in Yugoslavia (as Macedonia was then known) which is a bit like SPECTRE Island from 'From Russia With Love' in order to bring himself face to face with the leader of the organisation - Robert Walker. During his undercover operation, he must go through a deadly assault course -

22 Major Stunt 3: Bond hopes to draw Blofeld out of hiding; he works with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and there is a furious gunfight in a suburban house with the Black Shielf -- several of the Mounties are killed, but Bond captures one of the strike team, forcing him to spit out a cyanide pill before he can use it... and, thus, he learns where in Canada Blofeld is.

23 Finale Stunt: Bond dies - literally. Torn apart by the presence of Blofeld, he lets his emotions get the better of him an attacks without thought for his situation. A SPECTRE sniper hidden somewhere up behind Bond, shoots him from a distance. Two bullets lodge themselves in Bond's chest and he collapses into an expanding pool of his own blood, with Blofeld watching on. Bond's last words are an expression of disbelief, not that he is about to die (his psychological assessment shows that he does not expect to live until retirement), but because he was shot by an unseen and un-named lackey and not by Blofeld himself. Blofeld retorts that Bond was never worth his time (thus explaining why he "didn't recognise" Bond in Piz Gloria - he did recognise him, he just wasn't bothered by it) and walks away as Bond bleeds out. Cut to a hospital room with the main girl who tells him that he he was technically dead for six and a half minutes before he could be revived. This revelation is enough to force Bond into giving up his quest for vengeance.

23b Closing Moment: Bond spends time with the main girl, sliding a picture of Tracey into his bedside cabinet - he's moving on from her death. We cut to MI6 where M, Monypenny and Q are standing at M's desk and looking at dozens of photographs of Blofeld, showing him in locations around the world - Tokyo, Cairo, Kathmandu, Beijing, Sydney, Key West, Madrid. Moneypenny: "How are we going to tell him -" M: "Carefully"

STUFF

24 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets - if any):

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

27 Director: Peter Hunt

28 Music By: John Barry
29 Themetune 'Always Secret' (a la 'On Her Majesties Secret Service') By John Barry

30 "Almost" written by Buddy Kaye and Ben Weiseman, arranged by John Barry
31 Song sung by: Elvis Presley

32 Titles Designed By: Maurice Binder
33 Description of Titles:

#188 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

How about Ceuta, then? It's a Spanish city, but it's technically part of Africa and the Moroccans have a claim to it. The best of both worlds. Melilla is another city with a similar story to it: Spanish autonomous city on the African continental shelf.

#189 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

I would like to say, though, that the plot that SamuelKevlar came up with is brilliant. I love the idea and think that it fits this project very nicely. :) :tup:

:)

I do have one other idea for an action scene, and if we end up adding another location (which I believe was discussed at some point today if I'm not mistaken) to the story, then I might take a crack at that one (it would be something based off of the idea that the special ops group led by Robert Walker was last seen in Vietnam, which was stipulated by SamuelKevlar in his write-up for the film's plot if I'm not mistaken). I'm not sure how it'll go over, though, as I think it would be a rather controversial scene (especially if it were to actually make it to the screen ;) ), and it relies so heavily on a specific location that currently does not reside in the proforma.

Whether it gets used or not, I'm very curious about this scene.

#190 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

How about Ceuta, then? It's a Spanish city, but it's technically part of Africa and the Moroccans have a claim to it. The best of both worlds. Melilla is another city with a similar story to it: Spanish autonomous city on the African continental shelf.

Both of those sound awesome - and neither of them I'd heard of!

I'd like to hear it too - am sure we could fit the basic idea behind it into the film even if we can't fit in the actual scene as written.

#191 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

I'd go with Ceuta - it's larger and closer to the mainland.

#192 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

Excellent - and I know exactly how to use it, and it helps me slide Mary Trueblood into the story too.

So, location wise, we've:

Genoa - Franco-German Border - Ceuta - Yugoslavia - (Southampton) - QE2 - (New York) - Cuba - The Hamptons - Niagara Falls

A nice spread of locations, some exotic, some not so much - but all coming together to make an excellent story.

#193 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'd like to hear it too - am sure we could fit the basic idea behind it into the film even if we can't fit in the actual scene as written.

I'd rather the scene not be used as, IMO, I don't think it will work at all without being set in Vietnam. The basic idea behind it was that Bond goes to North Vietnam, where Robert Walker's special ops group is still conducting their business. Bond goes into the jungle looking for Walker, eventually finding a small "town" in the jungle where North Vietnamese troops are preparing for an ambush on Walker's troops. They threaten to kill Bond, accusing him of being a spy for Walker. He convinces them that he's there to take down Walker and his forces. Begrudgingly, the North Vietnamese troops allow Bond to come with them, which culminates with the premise that Bond is fighting alongside the Vietnamese troops against Walker's forces. Walker discovers Bond on the battlefield, and orders his troops to begin burning down the jungle in order to exterminate Bond. The scene ends with Bond and Walker confronting each other in the middle of a jungle that is ablaze as they fight, with Walker eventually escaping before they are both engulfed in the blaze.

It would also allow for a scene later on when M somehow finds out about Bond's taking up arms with the North Vietnamese troops, where M just rips into Bond and threatens to revoke his double-oh status for engaging in warfare against the Americans (or whatever nation Walker is at work for aside from SPECTRE, I can't remember off the top of my head). The information would be passed on to M probably from an American officer after being told by Walker himself that a British agent had gone rogue to join the North Vietnamese forces.

#194 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

0 Title (Group Decision Field) - 'Semper Occultus'.'Always Secret' (proposed title - 'Semper Occultus' is the motto of MI6. I picture it being used in the film during an encounter between Moneypenny and Bond, during which Moneypenny asks how Bond is coping and how he's dealing with the anger and survivor's guilt - 'Semper Occultus," he responds. "Always secret".)

1 Bond - George Lazenby

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Pussy Galore/Kissy): Mia Farrow as Summer Long, American peace activist.
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Tilly Masterson/Aki): Linda Thorson as Mary Trueblood, a junior MI6 operative - certainly not a Double Oh (think Strawberry Fields for the Lazenby Era)
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Dink/Ling): Lola Falana as Nancy, a prostitute Bond meets in Cuba (or possibly earlier in the story, depending on what is chosen for Location #1)

6 Villain 1: Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld (though the movie should be about Bond tracking him down -- therefore he will not appear throughout the film, just in a final confrontation)
7 Villain 2: Richard Burton as Robert Walker (a rival agent Bond has crossed paths with before; currently employed by Blofeld)

11 Ally 1: George Pravda as Dr. Ladislav Kutze, a nuclear scientist in hiding from SPECTRE in Toronto, and the target of the Black Shield strike team in Major Stunt 3

Re: Locations - feel free to use multiple locations within a given country but we should avoid repeat locations unless absolutely necessary.

xx Location B: Rabat, Morocco (?)
14 Location 2: A series of caves populated by incredible crystals somewhere in eastern Macedonia
15 Location 3: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (the ship was comissioned in 1969 on voyages from Southampton to New York so would have been quite topical. I imagine that Bond would pursue the secondary villain onto the ship from Macedonia to Havana [via Southampton and New York])
17 Location 5: Niagara Falls (where Bond has his final confrontation with Blofeld)

KEY PLOT POINTS

18 Villains Plot: Bond is out for revenge but in order to reach Blofeld he must make a deal with the Soviets, the only ones who know his whereabouts. In return for this information he must remove a prickly thorn in their side, an international mercenary company called Black Shield. Comprised mainly of UK and US veterans, it is now loyal to no nation and is presently, through various front organisations and Swiss bank accounts, being bankrolled by SPECTRE. Black Shield has recently been sighted in Vietnam, where it's been hitting the Viet-Cong hard and using methods that even the most ruthless hawks in the US government would balk at. The leader of Black Shield is Robert Walker, a rogue SAS captain and an old rival of Bond.

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Staglieno Cemetery in Genoa, Italy is being used as a 'dead-drop' by SPECTRE. A dead-drop is what they call a place where organizations leave parcels for other agents in bins, under park benches, etc. Bond finds it's a dead-drop location and follows someone to a crypt at the cemetery. Bond sneaks in, opens the coffin and takes the note from the corpse but gets into a fight in the crypt with someone. He defeats them, throws them into the coffin and shuts the lid on the man and the corpse, making some witty retort in the process. As Bond prepares to exit the crypt, tucking the piece of paper that was dead-dropped, we find that the crypt has been rigged to blow--and as Bond runs to safety, the explosion whites out the screen, which segues to the main title sequence.

20 Major Stunt 1: Bond attempts to eavesdrop on a conversation at the United Nations, but the villains keep changing frequencies. He is forced to randomly cycle through radio frequencies in an attempt to find them again, before stumbling onto a plot to assassinate a delegate ona separate freuency. Bond attempts to prevent the assassination, unaware that it is a trap designed to lure him out into the open. As soon as he shows his hand, he realises that he has been made and must escape the UN building as it begins crawling with SPECTRE agents.

21 Major Stunt 2: Bond goes undercover at the Black Shield training camp in Yugoslavia (as Macedonia was then known) which is a bit like SPECTRE Island from 'From Russia With Love' in order to bring himself face to face with the leader of the organisation - Robert Walker. During his undercover operation, he must go through a deadly assault course -

22 Major Stunt 3: Bond hopes to draw Blofeld out of hiding; he works with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and there is a furious gunfight in a suburban house with the Black Shielf -- several of the Mounties are killed, but Bond captures one of the strike team, forcing him to spit out a cyanide pill before he can use it... and, thus, he learns where in Canada Blofeld is.

23 Finale Stunt: Bond dies - literally. Torn apart by the presence of Blofeld, he lets his emotions get the better of him an attacks without thought for his situation. A SPECTRE sniper hidden somewhere up behind Bond, shoots him from a distance. Two bullets lodge themselves in Bond's chest and he collapses into an expanding pool of his own blood, with Blofeld watching on. Bond's last words are an expression of disbelief, not that he is about to die (his psychological assessment shows that he does not expect to live until retirement), but because he was shot by an unseen and un-named lackey and not by Blofeld himself. Blofeld retorts that Bond was never worth his time (thus explaining why he "didn't recognise" Bond in Piz Gloria - he did recognise him, he just wasn't bothered by it) and walks away as Bond bleeds out. Cut to a hospital room with the main girl who tells him that he he was technically dead for six and a half minutes before he could be revived. This revelation is enough to force Bond into giving up his quest for vengeance.

23b Closing Moment: Bond spends time with the main girl, sliding a picture of Tracey into his bedside cabinet - he's moving on from her death. We cut to MI6 where M, Monypenny and Q are standing at M's desk and looking at dozens of photographs of Blofeld, showing him in locations around the world - Tokyo, Cairo, Kathmandu, Beijing, Sydney, Key West, Madrid. Moneypenny: "How are we going to tell him -" M: "Carefully"

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

29 Themetune 'Always Secret' (a la 'On Her Majesties Secret Service') By John Barry

33 Description of Titles:

#195 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Dink/Ling): Lola Falana as Nancy, a prostitute Bond meets in Cuba

xx Location B: Cueta, along the Mediterranean coast of North Africa

KEY PLOT POINTS

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

33 Description of Titles: The PTS ends with Bond walking towards the screen and the screen is bathed in red, which pulls out to reveal the red is the Cross of St George in the Union Jack. From that we dissolve through to the family crest - dragons, lions, griffins coming to life and fighting knights and a tuxedoed figure with a gun alongside silhouetted nudes, all intercut with scenes from "OHMSS".

#196 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

Shame to see that it can't be worked into the outline properly, tdalton :(

Nice idea, coco1997 - maybe it could be Bond's family crest coming to life and fighting with silhouettes with guns, swords and shields?

#197 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Definitely cool!

#198 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

I could totally picture the PTS ending with Bond walking towards the screen (kinda like how the OHMSS one has him running towards the screen) and the screen is bathed in red, which pulls out to reveal the red is the Cross of St George in the Union Jack. From that we dissolve through to the family crest - dragons, lions, griffins coming to life and fighting knights and a tuxedoed figure with a gun.

Of course there'd be the silhouette of naked girls - and we'd somehow work the flashes of scenes from OHMSS into it.

#199 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Just edited my previous submission to reflect your additional ideas. :)

#200 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Dink/Ling): Lola Falana as Nancy, a prostitute Bond meets in Cuba
5 Henchman (a la Oddjob): Jean-Paul Belmondo as Pierre Renard, Walker's second-in-command

xx Location B: Cueta, along the Mediterranean coast of North Africa

KEY PLOT POINTS

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

33 Description of Titles: The PTS ends with Bond walking towards the screen and the screen is bathed in red, which pulls out to reveal the red is the Cross of St George in the Union Jack. From that we dissolve through to the family crest - dragons, lions, griffins coming to life and fighting knights and a tuxedoed figure with a gun alongside silhouetted nudes, all intercut with scenes from "OHMSS".

#201 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Here's a revised version of the outline (not the final treatment, obviously) with the comments since the last iteration taken into account:

Genoa Bond watches a crypt in a cemetary - the crypt turns out to be a dead drop used by SPECTRE. After watching a man enter, and leave, the crypt, Bond enters the crypt, searches it, and discovers a small envelope slipped into the pocket of the corpse in the tomb. He finds himself discovered - fights a SPECTRE goon, knocks him out and seals him in the tomb with the corpse with a witty one-liner.

CBn presents
George Lazenby
as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007

in

Semper Occultus

The Maginot Line The note that Bond recovered from the pocket of the corpse has led him to a SPECTRE safehouse - a fortification on the Maginot Line on the Franco-German border. There, Bond finds and kills Irma Bunt.

New York Six Months Later, Bond finds himself on light duties and sent to the United Nations in New York on protection duty after his actions in France. There, he comes to suspect that an assasination attempt will be made on the representative from China. Outside the UN, there is a peace demonstration in which Summer Long takes place - she sees Bond and he sees her. Bond manages to stop the assasination attempt on the Chinese delegate - which appears to be connected to a private security firm (ie an organisation of mercenaries) called Black Shield. At a meeting between the British and Chinese delegates (and joined by M), Bond is officially loaned to the Chinese government, initially against his will, until he learns the terms of the loan - if Bond manages to eliminate Black Shield, Chinese Intelligence will share their files on SPECTRE. This term changes Bonds mind.

MI6 Bond stops off at MI6 Headquarters where he recieves equipment from Q (including a car or a motorbike) and meets Moneypenny who asks him how he's dealing with the frustration, anger and survivors guilt after the death of Tracey. Bond looks distant, just mutters 'Semper occultus, Moneypenny - Always Secret'.

Ceuta Bond arrives in Ceuta via a ferry from Spain - the small city is in North Africa, seperated from Morocco by a fence. There, Bond is met by a girl from the British consulate in Rabat, Mary Trueblood. Mary explains that since the city is so small, many people just travel on bicycles - but they take a taxi to the hotel that Bond has been booked into, with Mary using the identity of 'Mrs Bond'. Bond winces - snaps at Mary and apologises. Bond and Mary go out that night to track down a contact of Bonds - former agent of the Deuxieme Bureau, Rene Mathis. Bond wants help from Mathis to infiltrate the Black Shield organisation - and is helped by Mathis in gaining a cover identity and papers gaining entry to a Black Sword training camp in Yugoslavia. Someone is watching Bond - and they kill Mathis (we can always make the Mathis role an original character if people don't want to kill Mathis again). Bond steals a motorbike and gives chase, but the killer makes a break across the border to Morocco and Bond is unable to pursue. That night, Bond sleeps with Mary - though it is clear that the encounter is joyless and automatic on Bond's side.

Yugoslavia Bond heads to the training camp in the Macedonian region of Yugoslavia. Masquerarding as a Black Shield conscript, Bond stalks the organisations leadership through caves filled with crystals and discovers that the organisations leader is Robert Walker, a former US Marine (or CIA agent - whichever's more logical) who he is aware of the reputation of but has never actually met.

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 After following Walker from Yugoslavia to the United Kingdom, Bond boards the QE2 in Southampton. There, he bumps into Summer Long - she has been at a peace march in London and is revealed to be from a very wealthy family. She is the black sheep of her family and Bond warms to her whilst he keeps an eye on Walker at the ships gaming tables, swimming pool, gym and restaurants - when Summer attempts to seduce Bond, he pushes her away and explains about Tracey (we get a montage as he explains, accompanied by 'Almost'). With the help of Summer, Bond discovers that Black Shield are after a Russian nuclear scientist known as Kutze - who is holed up in Russia's soviet ally, Cuba.

Havana After leaving Summer in New York, Bond arrives in Havana and makes contact with a sleeper agent there through a prostitute called Nancy, where he rushes to reach Kutze before the Black Shield members do - the secret agent moves the nuclear scientist to the house opposite and replaces him. When the Black Shield members break in to eliminate Kutze, Bond and his unlikely Chinese allies leap into action - taking down the strike team, led by Walker's 2IC Renard, and unfortunately taking down Kutze at the same time.

The Hamptons Bond picks up the trail of Walker in the Hamptons at his families estate - it is shown he runs in the same circles as Summer Long and her family. Having won Summer's trust on the QE2, he uses this friendship to infiltrate the society and gains entry to a lavish garden party that Walker is throwing (think of the garden party in France in 'A View To A Kill') and uses the opportunity to cut Walker's throat and steal files pertaining to the organisation.

New York Bond enters a meeting with the Chinese representative from before - with the files he stole from the Hamptons. With the two most senior figures in Black Shield dead, the organisation has crumpled. Bond discovers that the Chinese are aware of a SPECTRE base under Niagara Falls - and believe that Blofeld is there. When the Chinese ask for the files on Black Shield, Bond sets fire to them and walks out of the room as sprinklers begin to douse the fire.

Niagara Falls Bond confronts Blofeld and believes he has killed him, even though he believes he has sacrificed his own life to do so. He wakes in the arms of Summer Long, in the summer house of her families estate, believing his quest is over - as they begin to kiss, it is clear that Bond is enjoying the encounter this time. He has begun to mend himself after Tracey. Whilst in London, M, Q and Moneypenny peruse pictures of the leader of SPECTRE.

James Bond
will return
in
Diamonds Are Forever

#202 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

As I have been petitioned by several members of the forum as to the framing of Ultimate Moore, Ultimate Dalton and Ultimate Brosnan rounds - am posting this chronology for where they will be positioned (alongside the actual movies, and the UB Anthology films in bold) so that you can begin to consider what your locations/stunts/castings might be for those rounds - but PLEASE DON'T mention those ideas until we get to those rounds.

1962 - Doctor No
1963 - From Russia With Love
1964 - Goldfinger
1965 - Thunderball
1966 - My Enemy's Enemy
1967 - You Only Live Twice
1968 - X
1969 - On Her Majesties Secret Service
1970 - Semper Occultus
1971 - Diamonds Are Forever
1972 - X
1973 - Live and Let Die
1974 - The Man With The Golden Gun
1975 - Ultimate Moore 1
1976 - X
1977 - The Spy Who Loved Me
1978 - X
1979 - Moonraker
1980 - X
1981 - For Your Eyes Only
1982 - X
1983 - Octopussy
1984 - X
1985 - A View To A Kill
1986 - X
1987 - The Living Daylights
1988 - X
1989 - License to Kill
1990 - X
1991 - Ultimate Dalton 1
1992 - X
1993 - X
1994 - X
1995 - GoldenEye
1996 - X
1997 - Tomorrow Never Dies
1998 - X
1999 - The World Is Not Enough
2000 - X
2001 - X
2002 - Die Another Day
2003 - X
2004 - Ultimate Brosnan 1
2005 - X

--- Reboot Franchise ---

2006 - Casino Royale
2007 - X
2008 - Quantum of Solace
2009 - Talk of the Devil
2010 - The Property of a Lady
2011 - Choice of Weapons
2012 - Kaleidoscope
2013 - The Hildebrand Rarity
2014 - Shatterhand

#203 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Just popped in for a minute--I don't have enough time to read the revised treatment right now, but I can say I do like the positioning of the next three UBs. Films post-LTK and DAD would give us a chance to explore Bond earning his Double-0 licence back and 'making up for' the embarrassment that was DAD, respectively.

#204 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Indeed. I think that is why I've had requests that they go there.

That said, if the Anthology comes round to second turns (except for Lazenby - there are no more gaps for him to fill in) then I do want to see a Dalton positioned between TLD and LTK - and a Brosnan positioned between GE and TND.

#205 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

So... when's the UB Moore proforma goin' up? :)

#206 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

When we've finished this one, I expect.

And we STILL have several fields to fill in - gadgets and the car. Maybe I should make that 'mode of transport' in case people want to submit a motorbike in the future.

John Gavin for Mathis anyone? He'd have either just done, or was just about to do, a French film about an agent called OSS 117 - and he would later be considered for the part of Bond, I believe. He'd be about Lazenby's age - and if we didn't kill him off (just injuring him instead) we could reuse the character in the Moore Era UB (as he became Ambassador to Mexico in 1981).

I do have one kick [censored] idea for a Special Christmas Edition of Ultimate Bond Anthology. All I'll say is - 1983.

#207 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

BUt do we really nee to fill out the rest of the pro forma? I mean, I added the violin-crossbow to UB-Connery because we needed one, but if I'd known it was only going to appear in the background in the Q-Branch scene, I wouldn't have added it at all.

#208 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

True.

Sometimes the gadgets/locations/characters can't always be used in the way the initial submitters envisaged. It's what happened with the violin crossbow. I couldn't see a way for it to be put in anywhere else. Maybe the gadget field is one that is best eliminated and the gadgets incorporated after the fact - ?

If that's the case, what do people think about giving Lazenby/Mary a motorbike to use?

#209 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

I don't mind - I just want to get on with UB-Moore. I've got a killer plot in mind involving doomsday cults and other wacky fun.

#210 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

I think that there are others chomping at the bit too! Remmeber - no specification of locations, characters, gadgets or stunts in the 'villain's plot' field. That field should be the ultimate end goal of the villain (take Goldfinger for example - 'to irradiate the stockpiles of gold bullion in Fort Knox to increase the value of their own stockpiles').

I think we may be looking at Monday to begin Ultimate Moore.