935 replies to this topic

#121 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

We won't, though - what would be the point? It's been used already.

Revisiting an old hideout; Bond investigates, etc. -- finds the phone, and traces its line... back to Blofeld. ;)

I don't think that's necessary.

I'd prefer we keep as original locations as possible from story to story.

#122 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:18 AM

Very well, then.

#123 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

Top hole, chaps. It's quite remarkable how realistic in 1966 scale and atmosphere My Enemy's Enemy has turned out, especially considering that probably all of us weren't even born then.

Now I'm looking forward to UBLazenby. I've got a cracking idea for a Bond girl.

#124 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

I've edited the previously posted treatment for 'My Enemy's Enemy' with the comments that have been posted since, a link to that treatment can be found below. I am posting the proforma for the UB Lazenby Film, but comments can continue to be made to 'My Enemy's Enemy' and I am happy to edit the treatment for the next several days.

1962 - Doctor No
1963 - From Russia With Love
1964 - Goldfinger
1965 - Thunderball
1966 - My Enemy's Enemy
1967 - You Only Live Twice
1968 -
1969 - On Her Majesties Secret Service
1970 - ULTIMATE LAZENBY
1971 - Diamonds Are Forever

0 Title (Group Decision Field) - 'Semper Occultus'.'Always Secret' (proposed title - 'Semper Occultus' is the motto of MI6. I picture it being used in the film during an encounter between Moneypenny and Bond, during which Moneypenny asks how Bond is coping and how he's dealing with the anger and survivors guilt - 'Semper Occultus," he responds. "Always secret".)

1 Bond - George Lazenby

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Pussy Galore/Kissy):
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Tilly Masterson/Aki):
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl - Dink/Ling):

5 Henchman (a la Oddjob):

Re: Irma Bunt. Given that Ilse Steppat died a week after the release of On Her Majesties Secret Service, the character of Irma Bunt will not be used.

6 Villain 1: Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld (though the movie should be about Bond tracking him down - therefore he will not appear throughout the film, just in a final confrontation)
7 Villain 2:

8 M: Bernard Lee
9 Moneypenny: Lois Maxwell
10 Q: Desmond Llewelyn

11 Ally 1:

Re: Locations - feel free to use multiple locations within a given country but we should avoid repeat locations unless absolutely necessary.

12 Pre-Titles Location: Northern Italy
13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:
16 Location 4:
17 Location 5:

KEY PLOT POINTS

18 Villains Plot: Ostensibly this is a revenge movie - with Bond chasing after Blofeld. There will, however, be a side-plot with Bond following a second villain (and foiling his plot) in order to reach Blofeld.

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt:
20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt:

23b Closing Moment: Bond spends time with the main girl, sliding a picture of Tracey into his bedside cabinet - he's moving on from her death. We cut to MI6 where M, Monypenny and Q are standing at M's desk and looking at dozens of photographs of Blofeld, showing him in locations around the world - Tokyo, Cairo, Kathmandu, Beijing, Sydney, Key West, Madrid. Moneypenny: "How are we going to tell him -" M: "Carefully"

STUFF

24 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets - if any):

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

27 Director: Peter Hunt

28 Music By: John Barry
29 Themetune 'Always Secret' (a la 'On Her Majesties Secret Service') By John Barry

30 Song (a la 'All The Time In The World') Written By: (INSERT THEMETUNE SINGER) and John Barry
31 Song sung by:

32 Titles Designed By: Maurice Binder
33 Description of Titles:

#125 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

0 Title (Group Decision Field) - 'Semper Occultus'.'Always Secret' (proposed title - 'Semper Occultus' is the motto of MI6. I picture it being used in the film during an encounter between Moneypenny and Bond, during which Moneypenny asks how Bond is coping and how he's dealing with the anger and survivors guilt - 'Semper Occultus," he responds. "Always secret".)

1 Bond - George Lazenby

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Pussy Galore/Kissy): Mia Farrow as Summer Long, American peace activist.

Re: Irma Bunt. Given that Ilse Steppat died a week after the release of On Her Majesties Secret Service, the character of Irma Bunt will not be used.

6 Villain 1: Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld (though the movie should be about Bond tracking him down - therefore he will not appear throughout the film, just in a final confrontation)
7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

Re: Locations - feel free to use multiple locations within a given country but we should avoid repeat locations unless absolutely necessary.

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:
16 Location 4:
17 Location 5:

KEY PLOT POINTS

18 Villains Plot: Ostensibly this is a revenge movie - with Bond chasing after Blofeld. There will, however, be a side-plot with Bond following a second villain (and foiling his plot) in order to reach Blofeld.

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt:
20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt:

23b Closing Moment: Bond spends time with the main girl, sliding a picture of Tracey into his bedside cabinet - he's moving on from her death. We cut to MI6 where M, Monypenny and Q are standing at M's desk and looking at dozens of photographs of Blofeld, showing him in locations around the world - Tokyo, Cairo, Kathmandu, Beijing, Sydney, Key West, Madrid. Moneypenny: "How are we going to tell him -" M: "Carefully"

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

29 Themetune 'Always Secret' (a la 'On Her Majesties Secret Service') By John Barry

30 Song (a la 'All The Time In The World') Written By: (INSERT THEMETUNE SINGER) and John Barry
31 Song sung by:

#126 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

Mia Farrow? Now - that IS interesting casting. Especially ocming shortly after Rosemary's Baby and shortly before The Great Gatsby.

#127 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:31 AM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Pussy Galore/Kissy): Mia Farrow as Summer Long, American peace activist.

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:
16 Location 4:
17 Location 5:

KEY PLOT POINTS

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Staglieno Cemetery in Genoa, Italy is being used as a 'dead-drop' by SPECTRE. A dead-drop is what they call a place where organizations leave parcels for other agents in bins, under park benches, etc. Bond finds it's a dead-drop location and follows someone to a crypt at the cemetery. Bond sneaks in, opens the coffin and takes the note from the corpse but gets into a fight in the crypt with someone. He defeats them, throws them into the coffin and shuts the lid on the man and the corpse, making some witty retort in the process. As Bond prepares to exit the crypt, tucking the piece of paper that was dead-dropped, we find that the crypt has been rigged to blow--and as Bond runs to safety, the explosion whites out the screen, which segues to the main title sequence.

20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#128 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

[edit] never mind :)

Edited by tdalton, 23 November 2010 - 04:34 AM.

#129 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

I'd be open to it - but it might need to be a 'secondary PTS' (ie, a brief action sequence after the title sequence that takes place before the briefing). As this was previously discussed - feel free to post what you have envisaged and we can take a look at what you envisage and see if we think it will work/fit.

In addition, feel free to take an actual turn - if we do use your idea for Irma Bunt's death, then we will add it in addition to the fields (as it had been previously discussed).

EDIT: Think you changed your post whilst I was posting my response - have PM'd you with the above comments too. I'm eager to see what you had in mind and what your actual first turn will be!

#130 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

Did I steal your planned field? If so, I feel bad...

#131 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

Did I steal your planned field? If so, I feel bad...

Don't worry about it. :)

[EDIT]

EDIT: Think you changed your post whilst I was posting my response - have PM'd you with the above comments too. I'm eager to see what you had in mind and what your actual first turn will be!

The idea I had was something that would be fairly simple, I think (and if it's decided that it'll be used, I'll draw it up in greater detail, as this is just a rough idea right now). Basically what it would involve would be for Bond to have been tracking down Bunt and Blofeld off camera in between the events of this project and OHMSS. Where we'd pick up the scene would be with Bunt having gone into hiding after seeing the amount of bodies that Bond has left in his wake in his quest to bring both her and Blofeld to justice. Bond eventually learns of her whereabouts and goes there, infiltrating the safe house (or whatever kind of place she's taken refuge in, I haven't really given that aspect of this scene much thought) that she's in, eliminating the guards in a fairly brutal fashion, and finds Bunt somewhere in the lower levels of the compound in a dark room, dark enough that we can't really see her. The character would be voiced by a voice actor, and perhaps a stunt woman or an actress (if we even saw the character) would sit with her back to the camera. They exchange some emotionally charged dialogue (long enough to give the audience a sense of closure on the arc for the Bunt character but not long enough for the people sitting in as the character to receive on-screen credits for the work either, thus, hopefully, getting away with bringing the character back without necessarily having recast the role), with the camera cutting away as Bond eliminates Bunt. The scene could then end with either Bond just walking out of the complex and continuing the search for Blofeld or with maybe some kind of alarm being triggered (it would be a SPECTRE safehouse of some sort after all, so perhaps there was some kind of surveillance that alerted reinforcements that Bond had infiltrated the compound) and having Bond fight his way out of the complex.

Edited by tdalton, 23 November 2010 - 04:57 AM.

#132 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

That would be a very fitting PTS for this story and would tie up the loose end that is Irma Bunt's character effectively and efficiently.

I would be willing to have my PTS idea moved later in the story--the only problem is that terminus has already specified northern Italy as the PTS location, and my action scene idea is tied directly to the location. I took the idea from "The Making of On Her Majesty's Secret Service" by Charles Helfenstein, which shows that the Staglieno sequence was considered in one of the earlier drafts of the film.

#133 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Mia Farrow? Now - that IS interesting casting. Especially ocming shortly after Rosemary's Baby and shortly before The Great Gatsby.

Thanks. Yeah, she's at her best in this era. It's also fitting the zeitgeist, hippies, Vietnam War protests. I imagine the argument may have been made at the time, as it was after the fall of the Berlin Wall and in the run-up to Goldeneye, that Bond was past his sell-by date. UBLazenby might in some respects be a response and an adaption to the change in the wind, as GE was with the female M, the questioning of Britain's past and the nature and morality of the Secret Service. Maybe Summer, with her belief in free love as well as female equality, might actually seduce Bond instead of the expected other way around. He's not the same man after Tracy's death, after all.

#134 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:
16 Location 4:
17 Location 5: Niagara Falls (where Bond has his final confrontation with Blofeld)

KEY PLOT POINTS

19 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Staglieno Cemetery in Genoa, Italy is being used as a 'dead-drop' by SPECTRE. A dead-drop is what they call a place where organizations leave parcels for other agents in bins, under park benches, etc. Bond finds it's a dead-drop location and follows someone to a crypt at the cemetery. Bond sneaks in, opens the coffin and takes the note from the corpse but gets into a fight in the crypt with someone. He defeats them, throws them into the coffin and shuts the lid on the man and the corpse, making some witty retort in the process. As Bond prepares to exit the crypt, tucking the piece of paper that was dead-dropped, we find that the crypt has been rigged to blow--and as Bond runs to safety, the explosion whites out the screen, which segues to the main title sequence.

20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#135 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Awesome. B)

#136 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

The idea I had was something that would be fairly simple, I think (and if it's decided that it'll be used, I'll draw it up in greater detail, as this is just a rough idea right now). Basically what it would involve would be for Bond to have been tracking down Bunt and Blofeld off camera in between the events of this project and OHMSS. Where we'd pick up the scene would be with Bunt having gone into hiding after seeing the amount of bodies that Bond has left in his wake in his quest to bring both her and Blofeld to justice. Bond eventually learns of her whereabouts and goes there, infiltrating the safe house (or whatever kind of place she's taken refuge in, I haven't really given that aspect of this scene much thought) that she's in, eliminating the guards in a fairly brutal fashion, and finds Bunt somewhere in the lower levels of the compound in a dark room, dark enough that we can't really see her. The character would be voiced by a voice actor, and perhaps a stunt woman or an actress (if we even saw the character) would sit with her back to the camera. They exchange some emotionally charged dialogue (long enough to give the audience a sense of closure on the arc for the Bunt character but not long enough for the people sitting in as the character to receive on-screen credits for the work either, thus, hopefully, getting away with bringing the character back without necessarily having recast the role), with the camera cutting away as Bond eliminates Bunt. The scene could then end with either Bond just walking out of the complex and continuing the search for Blofeld or with maybe some kind of alarm being triggered (it would be a SPECTRE safehouse of some sort after all, so perhaps there was some kind of surveillance that alerted reinforcements that Bond had infiltrated the compound) and having Bond fight his way out of the complex.

I like the scene - but am a tad unsure about the way it uses Bunt. It would be a smidgeon like using Blofeld in For Your Eyes Only. I think it would be possible to use the scene - as said above - after the titles with the information in the dead-drop possibly leading Bond to Bunt's location? I know coco1997 mentioned that they considered using the Maginot Line forts as a SPECTRE base in one of the films - so maybe we could utilise that location for this somehow?

We'll consider this an additional scene and additional location - they do not need to take up any fields. So feel free to take your actual first turn :D

#137 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

I like the scene - but am a tad unsure about the way it uses Bunt. It would be a smidgeon like using Blofeld in For Your Eyes Only. I think it would be possible to use the scene - as said above - after the titles with the information in the dead-drop possibly leading Bond to Bunt's location? I know coco1997 mentioned that they considered using the Maginot Line forts as a SPECTRE base in one of the films - so maybe we could utilise that location for this somehow?

We'll consider this an additional scene and additional location - they do not need to take up any fields. So feel free to take your actual first turn :D

The location sounds good. :)

As far as how the Bunt character is used in the scene, I haven't had time to really fully flesh out the scene, so I went more towards an extreme of having her hardly feature so that we wouldn't have the issue regarding a new actress being in the part. I'll tweak it some to hopefully come up with a happy medium for the involvement of the character.

And, for my first turn:

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:
16 Location 4: Havana, Cuba
17 Location 5: Niagara Falls (where Bond has his final confrontation with Blofeld)

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt:

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#138 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Interesting location - and it kinda jives with what my second round choice was going to be!

Now just CT to take part before the second round can open :D

#139 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

May I offer an opinion?

I had an idea for the lead-up to the Niagara Falls sequence, involving Bond and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Force protecting a defecting Russian scientist from SPECTRE forces hired by the USSR to take him out (as depicted in The Spy Who Loved Me, the novel); it could easily be tweaked. :)

#140 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

May I offer an opinion?

I had an idea for the lead-up to the Niagara Falls sequence, involving Bond and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Force protecting a defecting Russian scientist from SPECTRE forces hired by the USSR to take him out (as depicted in The Spy Who Loved Me, the novel); it could easily be tweaked. :)

I don't want you to get too invested in the idea when the lead-up to the Niagara Falls sequence could easily be affected by the other fields in the proforma.

#141 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I don't want you to get too invested in the idea when the lead-up to the Niagara Falls sequence could easily be affected by the other fields in the proforma.

It's not just me; coco and I discussed this, and I figured we'd bring the idea to you. :)

#142 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3:

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:
21 Major Stunt 2:
22 Major Stunt 3:
23 Finale Stunt: Bond dies - literally. Torn apart by the presence of Blofeld, he lets his emotions get the better of him an attacks without thought for his situation. A SPECTRE sniper hidden somewhere up behind Bond, shoots him from a distance. Two bullets lodge themselves in Bond's chest and he collapses into an expanding pool of his own blood, with Blofeld watching on. Bond's last words are an expression of disbelief, not that he is about to die (his psychological assessment shows that he does not expect to live until retirement), but because he was shot by an unseen and un-named lackey and not by Blofeld himself. Blofeld retorts that Bond was never worth his time (thus explaining why he "didn't recognise" Bond in Piz Gloria - he did recognise him, he just wasn't bothered by it) and walks away as Bond bleeds out. Cut to a hospital room with the main girl who tells him that he he was technically dead for six and a half minutes before he could be revived. This revelation is enough to force Bond into giving up his quest for vengeance.

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#143 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

Nice scene - but I thought there'd been some agreement that Bond would believe he had killed Blofeld, thus setting up the final scene with M, Q and Moneypenny and the photographs of Blofeld around the globe. It might need some reworking, but the basic idea of Bond being shot and almost dying could definitely work.

#144 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:48 AM

And we'll open Round Two now:

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:
7b Villain 3: A Body/Voice Double as Irma Bunt (to be confirmed)

11 Ally 1:

12b Location A: The Maginot Line, Franco-German Border
13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (the ship was comissioned in 1969 on voyages from Southampton to New York so would have been quite topical. I imagine that Bond would pursue the secondary villain onto the ship from Location 2 to Havana [via Southampton and New York])

KEY PLOT POINTS

19b Irma Bunt Scene: See Here

20 Major Stunt 1:

21 Major Stunt 2:

22 Major Stunt 3:

23 Finale Stunt: Bond dies - literally. Torn apart by the presence of Blofeld, he lets his emotions get the better of him an attacks without thought for his situation. A SPECTRE sniper hidden somewhere up behind Bond, shoots him from a distance. Two bullets lodge themselves in Bond's chest and he collapses into an expanding pool of his own blood, with Blofeld watching on. Bond's last words are an expression of disbelief, not that he is about to die (his psychological assessment shows that he does not expect to live until retirement), but because he was shot by an unseen and un-named lackey and not by Blofeld himself. Blofeld retorts that Bond was never worth his time (thus explaining why he "didn't recognise" Bond in Piz Gloria - he did recognise him, he just wasn't bothered by it) and walks away as Bond bleeds out. Cut to a hospital room with the main girl who tells him that he he was technically dead for six and a half minutes before he could be revived. This revelation is enough to force Bond into giving up his quest for vengeance.

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#145 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:
15 Location 3: RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 (the ship was comissioned in 1969 on voyages from Southampton to New York so would have been quite topical. I imagine that Bond would pursue the secondary villain onto the ship from Location 2 to Havana [via Southampton and New York])

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:

21 Major Stunt 2:

22 Major Stunt 3: Bond hopes to draw Blofeld out of hiding; he works with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and there is a furious gunfight in a suburban house -- several of the Mounties are killed, but Bond captures one of the team, forcing him to spit out a cyanide pill before he can use it... and, thus, he learns where in Canada Blofeld is.

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

31 Song sung by:

#146 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:34 AM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2:

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:

21 Major Stunt 2:

22 Major Stunt 3: Bond hopes to draw Blofeld out of hiding; he works with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and there is a furious gunfight in a suburban house -- several of the Mounties are killed, but Bond captures one of the team, forcing him to spit out a cyanide pill before he can use it... and, thus, he learns where in Canada Blofeld is.

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

30 "Almost" written by Buddy Kaye and Ben Weiseman, arranged by John Barry
31 Song sung by: Elvis Presley

#147 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:01 AM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2: Richard Burton as Robert Walker (a rival agent Bond has crossed paths with before; currently employed by Blofeld)

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2:

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:

21 Major Stunt 2:

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

Edited by tdalton, 24 November 2010 - 04:14 AM.

#148 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

Hmmm. Not sure about him being a former Double-Oh (you sure do like that character trait, don't you) - but that is awesome casting.

#149 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

Hmmm. Not sure about him being a former Double-Oh (you sure do like that character trait, don't you) - but that is awesome casting.

I've edited the character to change him up a bit. :)

#150 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:07 AM

1 Bond - George Lazenby

7 Villain 2: Richard Burton as Robert Walker (a rival agent Bond has crossed paths with before; currently employed by Blofeld)

11 Ally 1:

13 Location 1:
14 Location 2: A series of caves populated by incredible crystals somewhere in eastern Macedonia

KEY PLOT POINTS

20 Major Stunt 1:

21 Major Stunt 2:

STUFF

25 Gadget 1:
26 Gadget 2:

PRODUCTION

Nice scene - but I thought there'd been some agreement that Bond would believe he had killed Blofeld, thus setting up the final scene with M, Q and Moneypenny and the photographs of Blofeld around the globe. It might need some reworking, but the basic idea of Bond being shot and almost dying could definitely work.

I don't think Blofeld should be shot, only to be found alive. That's pretty much a cliche with the villain avoiding certain death. I just watched an episode of CHUCK where Timothy Dalton did exactly that, and Blofeld himself has done it in the films (like at the end of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE). A re-tread would just get tired. I think it would be much more powerful for Bond to confront Blofeld and have the criminal mastermind exactly where Bond wants him, and just before he goes for the killing shot, the sniper takes him out. I think it would be way more interesting to see Bond's obsession with killing Blofeld ultimately leading to his downfall, and to have Blofeld think of Bond as little more than a bothersome fly while Bond thinks of Blofeld as his mortal enemy. I'd also love to see a scene where Bond simply lets go and all his rage and frustration boils to the surface at once - like when he's lying on the ground, bleeding from a near-mortal wound after working so hard to find and kill Blofeld, and Blofeld is standing right there in front of him, but he's so far away that he might as well be on the other side of the world. Bond can do nothing but watch him walk away as he gets swallowed up by darkness.

As for the final scene, it could be M and Moneypenny discussing reported sightings of Blofeld rather than pictures of him (because Blofeld took pains to keep his face hidden from even his inner circle, so I don't see why he'd suddenly allow himself to be photographed a dozen times). I read M and Moneypenny's dicsussion about breaking the news of Blofeld's whereabouts as being careful because they have no idea where he is, and they don't even know if the photos and sightings are genuine (which would foreshadow the use of body doubles). So they have to be careful because Bond has spent years looking for Blofeld, and he got so close and could do nothing about it. Plus, Bond very nearly died at the end of THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN in a similar fashion - I believe it was Leiter who just saved him.