#61 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Mr. Kidd,
I do think the new XJ body is the right direction for Jaguar, and I think it is a stunning car, my only problem is I think it looks a little too Lexusish (especially the XF). I just need to get used it it. When you see a new XJ you may not know right away that it is a Jaguar, but you do know it is something special.

I have mentioned in this thread in the past that I need to warm up to the new body style of Jaguar sedans and I especially thought the XF looked too much like a Lexus from the profile.

I must now say that after spending a week in an XF (loaner car while my wife's S-type is in the shop) , I'm really warming up to that car. It is fantastic! With its more aggressive looking front end, I have noticed when I am behind another car, they tend to change lanes more frequently than in my older Jags.

#62 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

20 year old drives stolen Mercedes and ploughs straight through a level crossing.

How much of an insane prick do you have to be, to drive right over a level crossing whilst the barriers are down? Only a few seconds later, a train comes flying past!! :o

This is why young people have to pay such high insurance!! :angry:

#63 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

20 year old drives stolen Mercedes and ploughs straight through a level crossing.

How much of an insane prick do you have to be, to drive right over a level crossing whilst the barriers are down? Only a few seconds later, a train comes flying past!! :o

This is why young people have to pay such high insurance!! :angry:

But I'm sure you had quite a bit of fun doing it Goodnight ;)

#64 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

But I'm sure you had quite a bit of fun doing it Goodnight ;)

I saw this on the news about 2 weeks ago, so steady now......I'm 22......or is the clip two years old? ;)

It must have been one of the young cbn'ers.

Those young whippsnappers pretending to be a Bond film!!! Tut. :rolleyes:

#65 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

It must have been one of the young cbn'ers.

Those young whippsnappers pretending to be a Bond film!!! Tut. :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not a young whippersnapper, but I'm surprised something like that has not happened to me (or at least a speeding ticket) over the last 2 weeks since I have been driving that loaner XF.

#66 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:05 AM

I'm looking forward to having Koni shocks installed in my Mazda. In many respects, I seem to be unable to avoid following in Carroll Shelby's footsteps. :)

#67 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

I've got an opportunity to pick up a 2005 Subaru Outback sedan (Legacy chassis with the 3.0L flat six) for cheap, allowing me to put my much beloved RX-8 aside from daily driver use, and save it for fun. What do you all think?

#68 dream34

dream34

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

Here is mine, a bit more McQueen than Bond, but very fitting given that I am American and a police officer. I drive it every weekend as weather allows.......
Posted ImagePosted Image

And a photo taken 3-4 years back before I changed out the rims for the American Racing TT-D'sPosted Image

#69 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for posting here dream34 :)

OMG I am very jealous, what a beautiful car! What a lovely colour it is too :D .

The bottom photo is especially awesome! :tup:

B)

#70 Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Agreed- that is a beautiful Mustang! A classic too!! :tup:

#71 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

Here is mine, a bit more McQueen than Bond, but very fitting given that I am American and a police officer. I drive it every weekend as weather allows.......
Posted ImagePosted Image

And a photo taken 3-4 years back before I changed out the rims for the American Racing TT-D'sPosted Image

A '67, yes?

#72 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

A '67, yes?

Looks like a ´64 or ´65, but hey, I´m probably wrong. Beautiful car. I have one just like it...

...in 1:18 scale :cooltongue:

#73 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

Here's my 1979 Mercedes-Benz 450 SL C.

Posted Image

Here's a shot of the symbol.
Posted Image

Edited by iBond, 13 June 2011 - 03:31 AM.

#74 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Just swapped my Corrado VR6 for a black Audi TT Mk2 3.2 V6. 19" seven twin spoke wheels.

I drive that to work, and the Honda S2000 at weekends and weathered days.

#75 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Phoned Churchill this morning to get insurance for the 2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec I've just acquired! :D

#76 dream34

dream34

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

A '67, yes?

Looks like a ´64 or ´65, but hey, I´m probably wrong. Beautiful car. I have one just like it...

It's a 1967.

#77 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

What movie was this Blofeld's car? What do you think he'd be driving today?.....

In OHMSS. You can see it at the end.

Posted Image

Today ? The Maybach of course ! The new Pullmann.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Nice interior, although the Audi A8 or Lexus LS are lovely too and for alot less $$$! Do you think Ernst would wait until the dealerships promote their winter sale events? And if its legroom he's interested in then he can't go far wrong with a Honda Odyssey! :)

I'd have to say that I like the interior more than the exterior.

#78 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

What is a Horsepower freak?

Someday, someday.......

#79 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

A '67, yes?

It's a 1967.

I thought as much. I learned to drive in a '68. The radiator grill opening is larger on the '67 and '68 than on the '64 1/2 and the '65. I'm not sure about the '66 model year. The grill decor on the rear fender between the rear tire and the door is the only obvious difference between the '67 and the '68. In my opinion, the '67 design has the better looking side grill. I don't know if this was just true for the particular color of '68 that I learned to drive in, or if it's another difference between the '67 and the '68; but the bright panel that the upper gauges are set into was matte black on the particular '68 I learned to drive in.

#80 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

Mark Webber driving an F1 car round Parliament Square, Westminister, London....as you do. Standard.

#81 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

This picture is about six months old, but a good photo when I washed my whip. :)

#82 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

1187193_10201580892861460_1622137021_n.j

Love the new black grill I bought at BMW festival in August, looks pretty cool don't you think?

:D

#83 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Fine machine, definitely. Did you switch to black rims also?

Being a stuffy old gadge myself I'm actually thinking of switching from a long line of trusty Minis back to a Beemer, only the i3 now. Yes, it's looking odd, it doesn't race a tricycle and won't go longer than 100 miles. And it's outrageously expensive for such a little car that's not a racer and not a prestige object. But my current Mini wasn't all that much cheaper, I seldom go further from home, nor do I more than the speed limit. And I may get a little rebate, so the whole idea will not look entirely ludicrous on my bank account.

Alternative would be a pink Rolls pickup...