82 replies to this topic

#1 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

Not to be confused with 'What car should be in Bond 23' or 'The Cbn car photo album'.

This thread is for general car chat and banter, a chance to share photos of cars you like and share videos too.

Remember - Sideways is the only way forward. ;)

#2 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

Splendid.

Ferrari Italia 458 to get the party started. In my book the best looking Ferrari of the last decade.

#3 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

Just had the Jaguar's alternator replaced and power flushed the engine. My british Kitty will be flexing her claws soon.

The other bother was tracing down a short in the electrical. She is a cruel mistress that car of mine.

#4 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

Pamela - That's why I started this thread ;)

Aris - That video is brilliant :D

Bryce - Thanks for the participation :)

Where the hell is everyone else? Are they too boring to post here? :dizzy:

Top Gear!!! :cooltongue:

#5 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Well, you're on the right road (pun intended).

You take care of your mistress and she'll take care of you.

Oh, forgot to mention--my dream car since I was a teen has always been a lime green jaguar. Isn't that what you drive ?
I don't know the year cause I'm a total ignoramous when it comes to cars.

On the mistress part, so very true, but then again, having never been married, I've never had a mistress. If I was married, I wouldn't have a need for one because I'd already be with the perfect girl.

The Jaguar is actually one of a kind in it's color. My mother purchsed it new from the factory. She had it done in a custom color which is still registered as "Helen's Blue".

Attached Files

#6 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

On the mistress part, so very true, but then again, having never been married, I've never had a mistress. If I was married, I wouldn't have a need for one because I'd already be with the perfect girl.

The Jaguar is actually one of a kind in it's color. My mother purchsed it new from the factory. She had it done in a custom color which is still registered as "Helen's Blue".

Wonderful :) May I also say that is an incredibly cool numberplate you have on it. B)

Goodnight, what is your favorite movie where a car/cars are featured in it? .

She was so cool. B)

I used to really like the Fast and Furious films but since I've grown older and wiser I have realised they are complete rubbish! And everyone said DAD had too much cgi!

I love the Disney film Cars. When my mum and dad were on holiday last year, on a trip of Route 66 they visited the places that inspired John Lasseter to make the film. Although I haven't yet been able to visit these exact places myself, I have been to very similar small towns on Route 66, so as you can imagine I'm very fond of Disney's Cars. :)

Another film I like even though it isn't strictly about cars, is 'The worlds fastest Indian' starring Anthony Hopkins.

Thanks for the links...and yes that lady is very cool. B)

Cars 2. Due summer 2011. :D

#7 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Thank you ladies. *bows*

Not to worry Pamela. It is a reflection. I keep the outside to a mirror finish and polished.

Bond had his Bentley and in Thunderball (the novel) refers to it as the most "selfish car in the world".

Well, Bryce has the Jag. I also own a GMC Jimmy (the every day method of transportation) that has the plates "007 4EVR" - Both have rear plate frames that read "Property of Q Branch - MI6 - LONDON"

The Jaguar hugs the road (Pirelli P4000 tires) on the highway and, even at 85+ with the A/C on, manages about 23 MPG. There are a few "optional extras" installed, but those are my secret. Once I get out of the snarl that is L.A., I can usually make Vegas in under 3 hours. Most of the hotels park it on display amongst the Bentley's and Ferrari's in front. I've gotten both compliments and offers everytime.

She's the "other lady" in my life and a guilty pleasure.

Attached Files

#8 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

Simply intoxicating

#9 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Most of the hotels park it on display amongst the Bentley's and Ferrari's in front. I've gotten both compliments and offers everytime.

That's the feeling you get when your kid wins an award at school !!!

To quote the late Mister George Carlin - "I get tired of those 'My kid is an honor student' bumper stickers. I got one of my own made up. 'My kid sells speed to YOUR Honor student.' ".

#10 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Goodnight, you know when I was little I was a tomboy, but my mother always insisted on getting me dolls and stuff like that for Christimas and birthdays. But it was such a waste, cause I never played with them. Instead I would pine over the cool toys my brother would get. Like his little hot wheels cars with those cute little orange tracks to ride them on, and his reeeealy cool battery powered remote controlled race car tracks. OH I WAS SO ENVIOUS !!
That's why when I had my only child, a girl, I made sure she had both. Dolls and cars. Cause women drive to you know. And you know what ? She played with both equally. But boy would I get funny looks at the store or doctor's office when I would produce a truck for her to play with to occupy her time.

I used to have a few Barbie dolls when I was little, but as I got older I used to 'play' with them by pulling their heads off, snapping off their arms and legs and cutting all their hair off. :angry:
Ever since I was little my parents have always been open minded about my interests and what I choose to do, it's never been like 'Oh you mustn't do that because it isn't girly'

I don't conform myself to what most girls like and do, I define myself and set my own style. :cooltongue:

To quote the late Mister George Carlin - "I get tired of those 'My kid is an honor student' bumper stickers. I got one of my own made up. 'My kid sells speed to YOUR Honor student.' ".

Now that's funny :D

I love this :)

:cooltongue:

#11 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Sorry I'm late, been out of town until last night. I'm sure you knew I would pop in here sometime.

Scarlett, thanks for starting this thread.
Charlie, as usual great to see pics of one of my all time favorite cars. I love your blue beauty.

As most people know, my username comes from my affinity for a certain British car marque. I have been driving Jaguars since 1987 when I bought a green sand 1974 XJ 12 that basically ran on 9 cylinders. Prior to the Jag I drove a 1975 Peugot and an 81 Alfa Remeo Spyder. A year later I got a good job and upgraded to a much nicer 1979 XJ6 series III sedan. I drove that for several years and still own the car. In 1999 I bought a boyhood fantasy car, a 1968 Volvo 1800, my license number is SAINT, it currently sits in my garage until I can get a new clutch installed. In 2000 I purchased a 1994 XJ12 sedan with 68K for $17,500 (It was $73K new). Probably the nicest car I have ever owned and still drive it occasionally and always get comments on it. In 2006 I decided the XJ12 was too expensive for daily driving so I bought a 2002 X-type and I still use that as my daily driver. This past May we just picked up a 2000 S-Type for my wife to drive.

Attached Files

#12 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

Here is my current ride. Not something Bond would necessarily drive, but it is fast and comfortable and can hold my family on the rare times I need to take the clan somewhere. Posted Image

#13 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Nice to see some good car photos Bryce, Jaguar, & D07. :tup:

While no connection to Bond, I've always been a Trans Am fan & the 1982 model was just cool.

Posted Image

#14 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

I love this :) :cooltongue:

That reminds me of my favorite way of changing direction quickly (which my wife completely abhors)... pull over to the passenger side curb, check front and back, then reverse and turn towards the opposite side curb.... much faster than any 3 point turn. ;)

Nice to see some good car photos Bryce, Jaguar, & D07. :tup: While no connection to Bond, I've always been a Trans Am fan & the 1982 model was just cool.Posted Image

For the period, I honestly believe that the 1982 Firebird/Trans Am was unusually attractive. To drive, they were a trifle odd as they would have sizable torque from idle to mid-range; but seemed to run out of breath at was, to me very low rpm.. almost diesel-like, while having none of the laudable qualities of a diesel (I never understood why GM didn't offer their 5.7L turbo-diesel in the Trans Am). Bear in mind that at the time, I was driving either of a pair of first-generation Mazda RX-7s, so 7000rpm was what I tended to think of as normal.

Oh yes, it's also a completely miserable experience to try to get a shop-jack under 1982 Firebird/Trans Am. You pretty much have to partially jack it with the tyre jack, and then slip the shop-jack under it.

Thank you for the thread Goodnight. I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier. :)

#15 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Sorry I'm late, been out of town until last night. I'm sure you knew I would pop in here sometime.

Scarlett, thanks for starting this thread.

:D. Thanks for participating. I love all your Jaguars B) .I have just been thinking with the group of big cats you have there, keep an eye open...they might start breeding. :tup:

Here is my current ride. Not something Bond would necessarily drive, but it is fast and comfortable and can hold my family on the rare times I need to take the clan somewhere. Posted Image

Mark - Your car is COOL B) Very smart indeed :D

While no connection to Bond, I've always been a Trans Am fan & the 1982 model was just cool.

Posted Image

Thanks Joe, it doesn't matter if it isn't Bond related, as long as it it's about cars post whatever you like here :tup:

That reminds me of my favorite way of changing direction quickly (which my wife completely abhors)... pull over to the passenger side curb, check front and back, then reverse and turn towards the opposite side curb.... much faster than any 3 point turn. ;)

Thank you for the thread Goodnight. I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier. :)

Thanks Lane - That vid sure is crazy, no way could I do that :S . Thanks a lot. :D

THANX FOR THIS THREAD GOODNIGHT !!!

Cheers m'dear :cooltongue:

#16 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

I remember a black 1982 Trans Am named KITT. He talked, monitored security cameras, and shot lasers!

#17 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:29 AM

Ah yes, KITT just helped to fuel my desire to want to get a Trans Am. :D

Posted Image

#18 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:30 AM

:D. Thanks for participating. I love all your Jaguars B) .I have just been thinking with the group of big cats you have there, keep an eye open...they might start breeding. :tup:

Only if I am lucky :)

I remember a black 1982 Trans Am named KITT. He talked, monitored security cameras, and shot lasers!

Of course how can one forger

Posted Image

#19 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

Was there ever a biographical film about Michelle Mouton, former Group B rally driver for Audi? She remains one of my personal heroes and could she ever drive fast and hard in mud and gravel!!!

#20 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

From the mighty Darkline ^ :D

Top Gear attempt to recreate the famous barrel roll from TMWTGG :)

Edited by Goodnight, 12 November 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#21 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Of course how can one forger

Posted Image

The car & the movie are both classics. This car has a sound that exudes 70's muscle. I originally thought it was a bad move removing the firebird from the hood in the 80's models but, looking back now, it was the right move.

#22 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

I originally thought it was a bad move removing the firebird from the hood in the 80's models but, looking back now, it was the right move.

It actually was available but instead of covering the entire hood as in the prior design, it was only on the raised area of the cowl induction reverse scoop.

#23 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

The Previous
Posted Image

The current

Posted Image

The Future?

Posted Image

#24 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for posting. :tup:

Something I posted on my facebook a while back.

Sloane Street, Knightsbridge, London.

Edited by Goodnight, 15 November 2010 - 07:39 PM.

#25 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

Very nice Volante. We don't get those here in the US.

#26 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

I found this really cool video on youtube.

Roll Deep vs Ben Collins (Top Gear's 'The Stig')

:P

#27 The sniper was a woman

The sniper was a woman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Bentley Continental GT 2006. Lady in red...

http://www.webridest...giac-chip-11012

#28 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

Bentley Continental GT 2006. Lady in red...

http://www.webridestv.com/videos/2006-bentley-continental-gt-w--giac-chip-11012

Oh I want one!!!

#29 The sniper was a woman

The sniper was a woman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

The Thunderbirds were preforming, and I could see them Friday through Sunday, everyday, on my way to work. It gives me such a thrill every year, never grows old.
What a marvel....
Posted Image

I guess if you're gonna go a zillion miles an hour up in the air, you're gonna wanna go at least half that speed on the ground!

Backseat drivers !...

:D

#30 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

My recent art work. I know it isn't brilliant, but what do you think? :)