114 replies to this topic

#31 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

I keep getting messages to the effect that the server is too busy to handle my "request", and also notifications that many of my PMs have been deleted (although in fact they appear to still be there). Oh, and I keep getting put onto a page about Gravity's Silhouette's details.

Apart from that, it's all good (although I preferred typing black letters against a white background as opposed to white letters on black).

#32 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

It's all a bit noisy for my tastes. Colors aren't easy on the eyes. I know the color scheme is essentially the same as before, but now it's causing me a bit of strain.

Would it be possible to produce an alternate skin for the forums that goes a little bit easier? Ala black text on a white background?

#33 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

Light theme is in the works. Coming soon.

#34 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Light theme is in the works. Coming soon.

Fantastic. :)

#35 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

Already used to it, looking good. :tup:

#36 Gogol Pushkin

Gogol Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Already used to it, looking good. :tup:

Liking the new look. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Great to have the forums back. :tup:

#37 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

All i can say so far is that I'm alright with it. I think its good to change things once in a while.

#38 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

Good to see you CBn forums. Things've been awfully dull 'round here. I hope we're going to see some gratuitous sex and violence!

#39 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

I like the changes, sans the black reply2box. I wish it could go back to the black text on white bg. On everything else, great job you guys!

#40 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

Oh, and I keep getting put onto a page about Gravity's Silhouette's details.

I think that's supposed to be there. I assume that new page's purpose is to inform us about which members have recently added something to their profile. I could be wrong, though.

#41 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

Just signed in, and while it will take a little getting used to, I like it.

It takes the DNA of old model and successfully puts a slick new spin on it. Well done to all involved.

However, the favourites section in the profiles needs fixing. They don't match up.

#42 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

I admitt it's a bit odd in the first place. But that's how things are with every change. I'll get used to it. Until now no problems for me.

PS: I can't take my eyes off that blone bitch! :P

#43 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

I love this new look! It's awesome! :D

#44 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

Good to see you CBn forums. Things've been awfully dull 'round here. I hope we're going to see some gratuitous sex and violence!

Well, now that I'm back in my office, I certainly hope so too.

*looks about*

Oh good, my new Empire desk and 65 inch flatscreen.

*looks at "IN" tray*

Oh good, my new issues of MAXIM and Playboy.

*checks fridge and finds two tins of beluga licked clean*

Damn cat...Some things haven't changed.

Well done all the way Admiral! Bloody great around here. As for the Team's new lounge, I can't believe you actually got approval for the indoor hot tub from the Ministry, but it looks inviting. Clothing optional right?

*fills CBn mug with Jamaican Blue Mountain Roast*

*adds splash of Glenlivet*

Well, business as usual.

Aside from my new screen (thank you sir) did Asterix get his new bulletproofed lobster tank?

Nice to see Zencat's office opened up again too.

#45 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

Safety lock on the fridge doesn't work properly, yet. We worked on it all night, yesterday, but there seems to be something wrong with the retina scanner. We'll have to switch back to that old fingerprint scanner, but it needs some repair. Mind you, in the past few weeks, the damn thing wasn't even able to tell a fingerprint from a pawprint - which was the reason for the recent increasing of costs for caviar, not only in your fridge. We tried it with placing dozens mouse traps in front of he door, but that damn cat is just too clever and worked it's way around them.

Bulletproof lobster tank is on the way, but takes some extra time because of the custom size.

BTW, how come I found the missing extra key to my beer cellar in your old desk???

#46 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

Nice work, everyone!
It looks fine; a good update.
Up unitl now, it seems to work perfect: no bug, no logging out, etc.
Guess I'll take some time getting used to every new option, but all in all I like the new environment.
:tup:

#47 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

The new look is mindblowing, but I've got a little issue with the titles of the topics in each section. You know there are those "sticky" topics which are on the top and the other ones that follow. I find it hard to find the new topics cause there isn't a line seperating them like there used to be. Does anybody else feel the same? :S

#48 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Incredible job, chaps. :tup:

I know some professional coders who couldn't tackle upgrading from v2 to v3 because of the dramatic changes in the templates etc. CBn has done a fantastic job and so quickly.

You get "three yes's" from me. :D

All the best.

Cheers,

Ian

#49 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Safety lock on the fridge doesn't work properly, yet. We worked on it all night, yesterday, but there seems to be something wrong with the retina scanner. We'll have to switch back to that old fingerprint scanner, but it needs some repair. Mind you, in the past few weeks, the damn thing wasn't even able to tell a fingerprint from a pawprint - which was the reason for the recent increasing of costs for caviar, not only in your fridge. We tried it with placing dozens mouse traps in front of he door, but that damn cat is just too clever and worked it's way around them.

I have to admit, 'tis a bit over the top for a fridge, but much appreciated. :tup: The laser trip wires and brick of semtex still seems to keep my famed "single-malt vault" intact.

Bulletproof lobster tank is on the way, but takes some extra time because of the custom size.

Nice! He said that he wanted to keep about a dozen at a time. Looking forward to those steamed tails at the end of the month lunch/cookout on the roof. I'll bring the butter. Maybe Jaguar can suggest some good wine.

BTW, how come I found the missing extra key to my beer cellar in your old desk???

Oh...Really?....Um...Er...Joyce gave it to me and told me it was Okay. No....Really.

#50 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

Just noticed! The Big Ben and the Parliament background on the main banner is T-R-E-M-E-N-D-O-U-S. Nice touch!

#51 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Is there still a way to download forum threads via Word? It would appear to be only an html option now.

#52 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Loving this layout. I have one suggestion though. Don't you think that we have a sub-forum for 'Quantum of Solace', 'GoldenEye 2010' and 'Blood Stone'? It's just that there's bound to be quite a lot of news coming, and things could get rather confusing.

#53 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hmm, does look blindingly clean.

Very nice.

#54 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Is there an "active topics" button or "new posts" button I am missing? The forum looks nice but I hate wadeing through all the sections rather than just a button to find them all.

I am posting from my smartphone though so I could be missing it.

#55 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Is there an "active topics" button or "new posts" button I am missing? The forum looks nice but I hate wadeing through all the sections rather than just a button to find them all.

I am posting from my smartphone though so I could be missing it.

"Today's posts" is below the search form on the top left, "Today's active content" is on the bottom of the page, in that red bar above the user stats.

#56 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Ok, I guess posting from my phone I missed it. I'll check later when I'm home on the actual computer.

#57 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Taking a bit of getting used to with all the new gadgets but I'm now really liking the changes. Great work team!

#58 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Ok, I guess posting from my phone I missed it. I'll check later when I'm home on the actual computer.

Yep, might be a bit difficult to spot on a phone display.

#59 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

I dunno if this was intentional, but the members birthday thing isn't showing anymore. Just thought you guys would like to know. :)

#60 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

Is the girl at the top a Dolly Dealer from Play Your Cards Right? :)

At least it looks a little less like I'm surfing a pørn site when I'm at work now! :D