710 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

Plus 6 new Wii screenshots and a new multiplayer trailer!

Four new screenshots and the bundled gold Classic Controller Pro

"We really want to tap in to the nostalgia for Nintendo fans and take advantage of the opportunity presented by the platform."

Plus, details on the DS version of GoldenEye to be revealed next week

Plus, world exclusive coverage in this month's official Nintendo Magazine

Starring Daniel Craig as James Bond and written by Bruce Feirstein

Activision remakes classic James Bond shooter

Is Activision finally about to resurrect the classic James Bond shooter?

http://www.eurogamer...ame-in-november

Edited by K1Bond007, 20 August 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

Wii and DS. Brilliant. B)

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:02 PM

I hope it's nothing like that atrocity GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, which had nothing to do with the film of the same name and everything to do with sleazy marketing to capitalize on the success of GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64. B)

#4 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

some box-art photos shows that daniel criag is bond .

http://www.computera...e.php?id=249488

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

"Taking advantage of todays technology"

...So they put it on Wii? B)

#6 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

I am extremly confused by all of this. So Craig is Bond in golden eye ?

uhm alright. I guess next video game Timothy Dalton In A view to a kill the game?

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

They've only changed the lead characters appearance. It's not that much of a big deal.

#8 whiteskwirl

whiteskwirl

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

I am extremly confused by all of this.

They've only changed the lead characters appearance. It's not that much of a big deal.

Being on the Wii is, though. That's a dealbreaker.

#9 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yes but Why?

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

Er, maybe because Brosnan doesn't want his likeness to be used? Maybe because Craig is the current Bond? Maybe because they want to with the same character appearance for continuity purposes?

#11 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

This is probably fake.

Edited by Binyamin, 04 June 2010 - 11:18 PM.

#12 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

This is probably fake.

Eurogamer is pretty credible... I guess we'll see in a week and a half.

Speculation is Nintendo may have gotten this game in exchange for allowing the XBLA Goldeneye HD remake to be released by Rare/Activision.

Won't be on Sony platforms for sure.

#13 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Er, maybe because Brosnan doesn't want his likeness to be used? Maybe because Craig is the current Bond? Maybe because they want to with the same character appearance for continuity purposes?

I think this is one of those times where you're letting your annoyance of QoS get the better of your judgment. The simple fact that Brosnan is in the film of the same name, should be enough to allow them to use his likeness in the game without him causing a stir. Besides, I can't imagine Brosnan not wanting his likeness used in a game based on one of his movies. That just doesn't make too much sense.

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

That site has just posted an update:

Rare NOT working on new GoldenEye

#15 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

That site has just posted an update:

Rare NOT working on new GoldenEye

I included Rare's denial of any involvement in our main page story. But it doesn't mean Activision/Nintendo aren't working on something. Not sure how the rights to the game work, but it makes sense to be a Nintendo exclusive (Wii/DS).

Incidentally, my Wii has been gathering dust for months now - a GoldenEye revival would be just what the doctor ordered.

#16 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

Oh, I didn't see that. I just clicked into the source story from this thread and thought the update was new. Sorry about that.

I find all this computer game stuff a little confusing.

#17 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Also, I just updated our piece with a few snippets on the companies that are supposedly developing the GoldenEye remake - one of whom's association with 007 dates right back to the James Bond Jr. game for NES/SNES in 1991!

#18 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

We shall see.

#19 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:05 AM

The images are fake, and the whole story probably is too.

Check out: http://www.gonintend...comment-section

If you scroll down the comments someone has found the original source for the picture of the controller before someone photoshopped it gold.

#20 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:21 AM

Starting to wonder if this GoldenEye remake story is the sucker rumor of the Bond gaming world. Sort of their own "Property of Lady is the title" fake out.

#21 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, it seems to be telling everyone what the want to hear.

Apparently Ativision are doing something with the GoldenEye name, but this rumour is completely fabricated.

#22 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

Apparently Ativision are doing something with the GoldenEye name, but this rumour is completely fabricated.

Agreed. I know the rights for GoldenEye are complicated, but if a future project is a Wii/DS exclusive, I have no interest at all.

#23 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

I think this is one of those times where you're letting your annoyance of QoS get the better of your judgment. The simple fact that Brosnan is in the film of the same name, should be enough to allow them to use his likeness in the game without him causing a stir. Besides, I can't imagine Brosnan not wanting his likeness used in a game based on one of his movies. That just doesn't make too much sense.

Hooray someone defending me B).

Look Mharkin there is no reason to throw Daniel Craig's likeness in bond games not based on his films but another actors. Would you like ti if Brosnan's likeness was used for From Russia With love... wait that wasn't that good of a game and felt a lot more like a Brosnan adventure uhm scratch that.

#24 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

If it's not out for Xbox or XBLA then I've lost interest.

#25 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

GoldenEye is a legal mess and while I don't doubt that someone like Activision could breakout and give gamers a GoldenEye game of some sort, I just don't see it sneaking up on everyone. Cover art is usually done way after a game is announced.

I wish fans would leave GoldenEye alone though. Yeah, it was a great game for its time, but there's so much you can do with a James Bond license and for whatever reason people keep coming back to GoldenEye. Like it isn't possible to duplicate the same success with the other 21 released Bond films or the upcoming 23rd or an original script. Sad, really.

#26 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:03 AM

Consider me a GOLDENEYE 2010 game starting Daniel Craig encourager! I'd live that B)

#27 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

I wish fans would leave GoldenEye alone though. Yeah, it was a great game for its time, but there's so much you can do with a James Bond license and for whatever reason people keep coming back to GoldenEye. Like it isn't possible to duplicate the same success with the other 21 released Bond films or the upcoming 23rd or an original script. Sad, really.

I think that's a great idea. FRWL worked in theory, but I'd like to see the next one done differently. I don't want to see DN, GF, TB, or any other popular Bond films done (though I'd definitely take any of those if so be it :tdown:). I'd actually prefer to see TMWTGG, FYEO, OP, AVTAK, or another less popular film done. I bet if one of those was a video game hit like GE, then we'd see it shoot up on a lot of people's lists in the "Rank the Bond films" thread. B)

It can be done. It's not as if GE64 was released concurrently with GE the film. Preferably, let's do one with Rog.

#28 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

I agree that GoldenEye needs to be left alone. I have no desire to see a reboot, reimagining, remake, or whatever of it because, in my mind, it just won't live up to the original. Now, I would be happy with a re-release of the original game that works on one of the current platforms so I can mothball my N64. B)

#29 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

I agree that GoldenEye needs to be left alone. I have no desire to see a reboot, reimagining, remake, or whatever of it because, in my mind, it just won't live up to the original. Now, I would be happy with a re-release of the original game that works on one of the current platforms so I can mothball my N64. B)

I half agree. On one side, i hope that the game is exactly like the original, meaning no new cutscenes, levels, Bonds replacing older Bonds, characters, and the rest. But on the other side, i wouldn't mind them giving the game a graphical update like they did with Perfect Dark a few months ago.

#30 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

I pray to Satan that this is not true!

GoldenEye is a timeless, enduring classic for a few reasons. Levels that were non-linear yet guided. A painstaking attention to detail and authenticity. But most of all, the very best, most intuitive, immersive controls the genre has ever seen, enabling skilled players to move, aim and shoot with all the ease (or difficulty) they would in real life. Also, the game was hugely original, with so many mind blowing new concepts- enemies that could HEAR? and had agendas beyond "walk forward and shoot"? objectives beyond "kill everyone"? Location based damage? yes, GoldenEye is so old that these were all new, groundbreaking ideas the time.

Fast forward to today. Non-linearity has advanced so far the sandbox game was invented. Film tie-in's now have the actual cast and crew working on them. The wonderous controls and never bettered aiming system of GE/PD, which in itself negates the very existence of the Wii, has been killed and replaced with a 'centre-mounted' reticule to cope with modern controllers, which, as the recent PD re-release showed us, can't duplicate it. And all the advances in AI and effects are not only commonplace (since every action game ever made was trying to be GoldenEye until Halo came along) but dreary and pedestrian.

There is no place for this game, and a remake would be a bizzare choice made only to wring a few pennies from the nostagia crowd by defiling the GoldenEye name so more, and frankly having Activision do the remake is like hearing that Micheal Bay is doing a movie of your favorite childhood cartoon, on a non-console that can't even handle basic game controls, let alone the finest ever concieved.

Okay, I went a bit overboard, but for forks sake...