This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

'Ultimate Bond (Ultimate Bond 26 Begins Pg 23)

1531 replies to this topic

#91 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

So our Russian villains would be mining uranium on the moon (under the cover of a mission of exploration and science, I would presume) to use in the bombs he plans to detonate on the Alaska/Canada border?

And perhaps that's what the courier was carrying? Evidence of the uranium mining on the moon? Thus why Quantum wanted to eliminate any evidence - they'd also eliminate the person who leaked the evidence of the uranium mining too? Perhaps that's part of the PTS?

Edited by terminus, 08 June 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#92 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

So our Russian villains would be mining uranium on the moon (under the cover of a mission of exploration and science, I would presume) to use in the bombs he plans to detonate on the Alaska/Canada border?

And perhaps that's what the courier was carrying? Evidence of the uranium mining on the moon? Thus why Quantum wanted to eliminate any evidence - they'd also eliminate the person who leaked the evidence of the uranium mining too? Perhaps that's part of the PTS?

B)

#93 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

And perhaps that's what the courier was carrying? Evidence of the uranium mining on the moon? Thus why Quantum wanted to eliminate any evidence - they'd also eliminate the person who leaked the evidence of the uranium mining too?

"Go on, Mr.Bond" B)

Yes, that's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking.

#94 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

Ummm... so, where'd they get the spacecraft? Wouldn't Earthbound space agencies notice the work going on with the Moon? B)

#95 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:16 AM

Ummm... so, where'd they get the spacecraft? Wouldn't Earthbound space agencies notice the work going on with the Moon? B)

Maybe Quantum are planning to blow up the Moon? But not before they project the face of Mr White onto its surface.

In the same way that British model Gail Porter was projected onto the Houses of Parliament about 10 years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/341052.stm

It sounds like Roger Moore should be starring in this one.

#96 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

Maybe Quantum are planning to blow up the Moon? But not before they project the face of Mr White onto its surface.

In the same way that British model Gail Porter was projected onto the Houses of Parliament about 10 years ago.

In other words, you want a nude image of Mr. White staring back lubriciously at earth projected onto the moon?

#97 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:48 AM

In other words, you want a nude image of Mr. White staring back lubriciously at earth projected onto the moon?

Er, no.

#98 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

I was reading a story a while ago about an abandoned US Air Force plan to send a message to the Russians: they planned to launch an ICBM with a nuclear warhead at the moon. The idea was to cause an explosion on the surface of the moon when it passed by the sun so that the image of the explosion could be seen by everyone on the face of the earth.

My idea was that with all the hype and fear surrounding December 2012, someone would step forward claiming to be some kind of Messiah or something, and would "predict" a celestial event taing place on a certain date. The evet in question would be the detonation of the warhead (launched from somewhere in or near Antarctica to avoid being detected) on the surface of the moon. The world would accept him as some kind of hero or saviour and he would then tell the world to do certain things to "avoid" the predicted end of the world in December 2012 - and when said apocalypse didn't come, he'd be hailed as a leader of mankind.

#99 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

But date specific plots really date a film - usually before they have even come out.

#100 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yes. It does rather. But then, that's part of the fun - figuring out how all the elements slot together into one cohesive movie. My other concept about how to bring in the moon was that the villain would have been a Russian cosmonaut and, as the Russian equivalent to Richard Branson, he'd have set up a corporate space program and the segment on the moon would have seen the first corporate flight land there and the villain planting the flag.

"Now, my friends, the universe is ours ..." says the villain.

That said, I imagine this segment would come at the opening of the film and then we would move into the scene in Moscow where Bond would have had to try and stop something going on during a parade in the cosmonaut businessmans honor. And then after the titles, we'd hit the sniper sequence - except maybe it could be Bond taking out a Quantum courier instead of a Quantum sniper taking out an MI6 courier and the information the courier carries would then spur on the main plot.

Again, just an idea. And it doesn't even fit the elements in the sequence we've been given.

In other news, some cheeky bugger has stolen the format of the game and posted it over at MI6 without checking it with me first. Grrrrr.

#101 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Vesper/Camille): Stana Katic as Corrine Veneau
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Solange/Fields): Talulah Riley as Fleur (surname unspecified)
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl): Gemma Arterton as Loelia Ponsonby

5 Henchman: Jeremy Renner as Costigan, a smuggler who runs cigrettes into Russia from Alaska by means of flying a single-seat aircraft under the Russian radar.

6 Villain: Ray Stevenson as Maxim Rusayev, former Spetsnaz operative turned popular Russian politician, he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and is allergic to sunlight (too much information? B))

7 M: Timothy Dalton

8 Ally 1 (ie Tanner, Villiers, Leiter, Moneypenny): Rebecca Hall as Miss Moneypenny
9 Ally 2: John Astin as Serafin Melendez

LOCATIONS

10 Pre-Titles Location: Red Square, Moscow.
11 Location 1: The Moon
12 Location 2: Saba, Netherland Antilles
13 Location 3: Canada (Vancouver and Yukon Territory)
14 Location 4: China

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:
With funding from a shadow Chinese agency, the ultra-radical eco-terrorist group "SEEL" plans to detonate bombs at oilfield locations on the Alaska-Canada border, severely damaging the economies of major oil-dependent nations and pushing Western currencies toward hyperinflation and bankruptcy.

16 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Bond drops down from a plane, releases a paraglider, drops down and in and swings inside a hangar to drop a bomb onto an experimental aircraft or weapon or some such. He then smoothly swings back out through a door right next to the other as the bomb goes off while Ennio Morricone's rei-invisioning of John Barry's 007 Theme is triumphantly playing.
17 Major Stunt 1: Murder of a motorbike courier by an assassin employed by Quantum on a forest road (right after titles sequence)
18 Major Stunt 2: The villain prides himself a a "rare game hunter" and has excavated a series of caverns sprawling under his lands. He often leads hunting parties to find wild animals and keeps them in the system of caves, starving them to drive them mad and make them all the more ferocious. He sends people down there for sport and for punishment; Bond and Corinne are thrown into the maze of caves and must out-run and out-last the animals.
19 Finale Stunt: Bond and Corinne chase after a tanker truck on a motorcycle. They successfully board the truck and climb onto the top before using a single-shot disposable rocket launcher to blow a helicopter belonging to the fleeing villain out of the sky

STUFF

20 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets): BMW Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics http://en.wikipedia....icient_Dynamics with a secret compartment in which Bond can hide his gun.

21 Gadget 1: A bungee-jumping rope that can be unclipped by the user once they safely reach the ground
22 Gadget 2: Ski poles that double as guns ala The Spy Who Loved me, combined with ski mask that doubles as binoculars. Or something. I think we are overdue a good skiing scene: Daniel C would be fantastic and should get one under his belt soon.
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

24 Director: Michael Mann

25 Music By: Ennio Morricone

26 Theme song performed by: Lady Gaga
27 Theme song written by: David Arnold and Lady Gaga

#102 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

One more gadget to go and then we're into full on flesh out mode. I'm guessing the ski poles are going to have to go into the Canada section as we've not really got any other ski-worthy locations.

Same way I'm imagining the car to get used in the Canada segment and I'd presume we meet both Melendez and Costigan in the Saba segment.

#103 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

But date specific plots really date a film - usually before they have even come out.

Hey, I tried. This being a public forum, you're welcome to take the floor and all.

#104 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

You know, CT, that plot with the explosion on the moon actually sounded neat.

I do fear, however, that making the moon tie into the rest of the locations might be the trickiest part of this project.

#105 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

Yes. It does rather. But then, that's part of the fun - figuring out how all the elements slot together into one cohesive movie. My other concept about how to bring in the moon was that the villain would have been a Russian cosmonaut and, as the Russian equivalent to Richard Branson, he'd have set up a corporate space program and the segment on the moon would have seen the first corporate flight land there and the villain planting the flag.

I don't see why this segment and the uranium element couldn't both fit into the story.

#106 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

Here's a question - do we or do we want to recast Bond. We began with the presumptive casting of Daniel Craig but given that the movie has taken on a bit more of an 'out of this world' tone, do we want to bring in a new actor to play Bond? The Moore to Craig's Connery, so to speak.

I'd throw in Sam Worthington, Jonathan Cake and Raza Jaffrey to the mould.

#107 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

We'll see what everyone else has to stay, but I'd throw Henry Cavill into that mix, too.

#108 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

I recommend Mr. Jaffrey.

Posted Image

And if we decide to go for a full recasting of the entire Bond crew, might I recommend this gentleman for Felix Leiter:

Posted Image

Also, a few more suggestions:

I'd like to propose that my paragliding sequence be shifted to some other point in the film. That way, the courier assassination would serve as a fine PTS through which to introduce Jaffrey's 007:

After the assassination of the courier by the Quantum sniper, the sniper makes his getaway, or thinks he has, until he runs straight into Bond's PPK.

*BLAM!*

Bullet to the head.

BOND: "You've been a bad, bad boy."

SMASH to title song as performed by Lady Gaga.

Following the PTS, we would see go to the Moon (a clever way of using the Moon would be to have it in news footage or something with footage of Rusayev walking on it as the first corporate astronaut on the moon) followed by the parade sequence in Russia suggested earlier.

#109 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

Actually, the whole point of the courier sequence is to lead out of the titles sequence, as well as to get Bond involved in the story through having him take up the mantle of the courier; a quick dispatch and one-liner would ruin all of that, I'm afraid. B)

#110 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you mean, Mr Blofeld? I have to admit that I, like coco1997, was picturing the sequence being relatively short. Your specification in the description of the stunt suggested a Quantum assasin taking out the courier - but your suggestion above reveals you envisage Bond taking on the role of courier.

How do you envisage this sequence occuring as you seem to have a clear picture?

The sequence will need to either be set on the moon (unlikely) or take place on Saba, the first Earthbound location to be featured after the PTS.

Edited by terminus, 08 June 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#111 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

As an addendum, this has to be featured in our story somehow.

#112 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

Oh, yes. I saw that article too and thought it looked downright James Bond as it says in the article itself. Perhaps the villain could have one on Saba?

#113 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Here's a question - do we or do we want to recast Bond. We began with the presumptive casting of Daniel Craig but given that the movie has taken on a bit more of an 'out of this world' tone, do we want to bring in a new actor to play Bond? The Moore to Craig's Connery, so to speak.

I'd throw in Sam Worthington, Jonathan Cake and Raza Jaffrey to the mould.

If the consensus was to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in this particular story with another actor, I wouldn't mind Jonathan Cake. I'd still prefer to see Craig remain in the role, however, since there was a character carried over from Quantum of Solace (Corinne), and I think it might take away a bit from that relationship between the characters to change actors.

#114 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

If the consensus was to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in this particular story with another actor, I wouldn't mind Jonathan Cake. I'd still prefer to see Craig remain in the role, however, since there was a character carried over from Quantum of Solace (Corinne), and I think it might take away a bit from that relationship between the characters to change actors.

Good point. It was just an idea, I'm happy to go with the majority.

#115 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you mean, Mr Blofeld? I have to admit that I, like coco1997, was picturing the sequence being relatively short. Your specification in the description of the stunt suggested a Quantum assasin taking out the courier - but your suggestion above reveals you envisage Bond taking on the role of courier.

How do you envisage this sequence occuring as you seem to have a clear picture?

The sequence will need to either be set on the moon (unlikely) or take place on Saba, the first Earthbound location to be featured after the PTS.

I would advise you to read the short story From a View to a Kill, then; that's where the concept stems from.

A courier is killed by an enemy agent dressed as another courier, and Bond becomes involved because he's the closest MI6 agent they can reach. He is disguised as a courier and sent on the deadly route, where, on a motorbike, he manages to take out the other agent, also on a motorbike, and then...

...well, you can tie it into the plot however you like; that's the fun of the game, after all. B)

#116 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

That said, I imagine this segment would come at the opening of the film and then we would move into the scene in Moscow where Bond would have had to try and stop something going on during a parade in the cosmonaut businessmans honor. And then after the titles, we'd hit the sniper sequence - except maybe it could be Bond taking out a Quantum courier instead of a Quantum sniper taking out an MI6 courier and the information the courier carries would then spur on the main plot.

Again, just an idea. And it doesn't even fit the elements in the sequence we've been given.

In other news, some cheeky bugger has stolen the format of the game and posted it over at MI6 without checking it with me first. Grrrrr.

Hey, that's a really good idea, terminus. I like the sound of this so far, including the PTS and the first scene after the titles. The only problem with having the Moon in there, is someone will describe it as "Bond and Beyond" when we're doing the publicity for it.

#117 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Thanks. It looks like that will be the foundation that we build on at the moment.

#118 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:59 AM

Any more thoughts on re-casting Craig? Keep him? Lose him?

#119 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

If it's any consolation, it seems certain people over there decided to derail it; after reading it and feeling the ideas were rubbish, they went through and deliberately made bad choices just to show what they thought of everyone else. So in the end they had a Bond film that involved Daniel Craig and Keira Knightley taking on Sean Connery as Bond's father and finishing with a sequence that involved jet-skiing down the side of a volcano as it erupted, complete with a theme song written by Timbaland and performed by Andrea Bocelli and Mary J. Blige.

#120 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Directed by Guy Ritchie no less! So we can expect to see Vinnie Jones pop up as a villain. Maybe grabbing Bond by the balls. And have the rest of the cast walking around speaking like Irish gypsies. Perfect!