This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

'Ultimate Bond (Ultimate Bond 26 Begins Pg 23)

1531 replies to this topic

#61 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

Interesting choice for henchman there, Captain Tightpants. Albeit totally believable. It's enjoyable how organic these projects can become.

I agree, interesting type of henchman and I like the little detail we get about what he does.

#62 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

Renner is an up and coming name, as well, as he starred in "The Hurt Locker" last year and was recently cast as Hawkeye in Marvel Studios' upcoming "The Avengers" movie. B)

Terminus, I was thinking it over, and perhaps my suggestion for Major Stunt #2 would be more appropriate for the PTS in Moscow? I'm imagining a more serious, cold weather variant of "Octopussy"'s PTS. Perhaps we could go back to the standalone PTS a la "OP," "GF," "FYEO," and "MR."

That means that whoever comes up with a suggestion for Major Stunt #2 needs to think of something much bigger and badder. :tdown:

#63 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

If you're sure about swapping your stunt to the new slot then I'm happy for you to move it.

With Coco1997's request to move his stunt to the PTS, have swapped that round and this is the list as it stands.

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

2 Bond Girl 1 (Main ie Vesper/Camille): Stana Katic as Corrine Veneau
3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Solange/Fields): Talulah Riley as Fleur (surname unspecified)
4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl): Lorna Morgan as Ti-ti Ramone

5 Henchman: Jeremy Renner as Costigan, a smuggler who runs cigrettes into Russia from Alaska by means of flying a single-seat aircraft under the Russian radar.

6 Villain: Ray Stevenson as Maxim Rusayev, former Spetsnaz operative turned popular Russian politician, he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and is allergic to sunlight (too much information? smile.gif)

7 M:

8 Ally 1 (ie Tanner, Villiers, Leiter, Moneypenny):
9 Ally 2:

LOCATIONS

10 Pre-Titles Location: Red Square, Moscow.
11 Location 1: The Moon
12 Location 2: Saba, Netherland Antilles
13 Location 3: Canada (Vancouver and Yukon Territory)
14 Location 4:

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:
With funding from a shadow Chinese agency, the ultra-radical eco-terrorist group "SEEL" plans to detonate bombs at oilfield locations on the Alaska-Canada border, severely damaging the economies of major oil-dependent nations and pushing Western currencies toward hyperinflation and bankruptcy.

16 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Bond drops down from a plane, releases a paraglider, drops down and in and swings inside a hangar to drop a bomb onto an experimental aircraft or weapon or some such. He then smoothly swings back out through a door right next to the other as the bomb goes off while Ennio Morricone's rei-invisioning of John Barry's 007 Theme is triumphantly playing.
17 Major Stunt 1: Murder of a motorbike courier by an assassin employed by Quantum on a forest road (right after titles sequence)
18 Major Stunt 2:
19 Finale Stunt: Bond and Corinne chase after a tanker truck on a motorcycle. They successfully board the truck and climb onto the top before using a single-shot disposable rocket launcher to blow a helicopter belonging to the fleeing villain out of the sky

STUFF

20 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets):

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

24 Director: Michael Mann

25 Music By: Ennio Morricone

26 Theme song performed by: Lady Gaga
27 Theme song written by: David Arnold and Lady Gaga

#64 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

3 Bond Girl 2 (Minor ie Solange/Fields): Talulah Riley as Fleur (surname unspecified)

5 Henchman: Jeremy Renner as Costigan, a smuggler who runs cigrettes into Russia from Alaska by means of flying a single-seat aircraft under the Russian radar.

6 Villain: Ray Stevenson as Maxim Rusayev, former Spetsnaz operative turned popular Russian politician, he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and is allergic to sunlight (too much information? smile.gif)

7 M:

9 Ally 2:

LOCATIONS

14 Location 4: China

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:
With funding from a shadow Chinese agency, the ultra-radical eco-terrorist group "SEEL" plans to detonate bombs at oilfield locations on the Alaska-Canada border, severely damaging the economies of major oil-dependent nations and pushing Western currencies toward hyperinflation and bankruptcy.

16 Pre-Title Sequence Stunt: Bond drops down from a plane, releases a paraglider, drops down and in and swings inside a hangar to drop a bomb onto an experimental aircraft or weapon or some such. He then smoothly swings back out through a door right next to the other as the bomb goes off while Ennio Morricone's rei-invisioning of John Barry's 007 Theme is triumphantly playing.
17 Major Stunt 1: Murder of a motorbike courier by an assassin employed by Quantum on a forest road (right after titles sequence)
18 Major Stunt 2:
19 Finale Stunt: Bond and Corinne chase after a tanker truck on a motorcycle. They successfully board the truck and climb onto the top before using a single-shot disposable rocket launcher to blow a helicopter belonging to the fleeing villain out of the sky

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#65 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

Renner is an up and coming name, as well, as he starred in "The Hurt Locker" last year and was recently cast as Hawkeye in Marvel Studios' upcoming "The Avengers" movie. B)

I was thinking more of his appearance in the ANGEL episode "Somnambulist"; he was a vampire who terrorised Los Angeles every forty years. It wasn't the most original story (ie, Renner's character was created by David Boreanaz, who just so happens to be the title character), but Renner got the methodical arrgoance right and it was a Tim Minear-written episode, so it was pretty smartly-written.

#66 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

7 M: Timothy Dalton

9 Ally 2:

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

18 Major Stunt 2:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

Edited by Attempting Re-entry, 07 June 2010 - 11:14 AM.

#67 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

China for our finale and Timothy Dalton as M? Can't argue with those choices.

#68 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

9 Ally 2:

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

18 Major Stunt 2: The villain prides himself a a "rare game hunter" and has excavated a series of caverns sprawling under his lands. He often leads hunting parties to find wild animals and keeps them in the system of caves, starving them to drive them mad and make them all the more ferocious. He sends people down there for sport and for punishment; Bond and Corinne are thrown into the maze of caves and must out-run and out-last the animals.

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#69 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

China for our finale and Timothy Dalton as M? Can't argue with those choices.

"We're on the same wave length there M8"

#70 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Excellent, this thing is really coming together.

I should add that if we re-cast M, part of the plot should involve Judi Dench's character being replaced/killed.

#71 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I should add that if we re-cast M, part of the plot should involve Judi Dench's character being replaced/killed.

I'll take care of that; what's your preference "A clean kill or do you want to leave a messege"

#72 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

I'll take care of that; what's your preference "A clean kill or do you want to leave a messege"

Leave a message, volante. B)

#73 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

So that's only the allys and the car/gadgets to fill in before we can start bringing the seemingly disparate elements together.

#74 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

You know, I would love to see Timothy Dalton take over as M. I think he would be perfect for the role, and it would be a nice "mea culpa" to him after the way things turned out during his short tenure. But I also fear it would give new legs to the speculation over Bond being a code name for different people, rather than the same individual.

#75 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

When the listing of items has complete and we move on to fleshing out and connecting the sections, it will be nice to give him some knowing lines such as 'You know Bond, I was you once' suggesting that his version of M was a Double-Oh to the wider audience but for fans to pick up on the in-joke.

#76 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

I assume since Tightpants has made his third pick, it's a free for all? Let's get an ally up in here :

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

9 Ally 2: John Ortiz as Serafin Melendez

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

18 Major Stunt 2: The villain prides himself a a "rare game hunter" and has excavated a series of caverns sprawling under his lands. He often leads hunting parties to find wild animals and keeps them in the system of caves, starving them to drive them mad and make them all the more ferocious. He sends people down there for sport and for punishment; Bond and Corinne are thrown into the maze of caves and must out-run and out-last the animals.

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#77 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

I assume since Tightpants has made his third pick, it's a free for all? Let's get an ally up in here :

Can you explain who the ally is and what he does, dino?

Also, I vote that we strike the suggestion for the minor Bond girl from the record. Having looked her up, it turns out she's a fetish model and a relatively unattractive one at that.

#78 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

Oh, I missed that it was Captain Tightpants' third pick. My bad. I guess that yes, this means we can all submit a third and final item.

Also, I vote that we strike the suggestion for the minor Bond girl from the record. Having looked her up, it turns out she's a fetish model and a relatively unattractive one at that.

Yes, I noticed that she was a fetish model too. I'm not sure we should just strike her from the list, but I'm willing to agree to it if that's the majority consensus.

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

STUFF

20 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets): BMW Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics http://en.wikipedia....icient_Dynamics with a secret compartment in which Bond can hide his gun.

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

Edited by terminus, 07 June 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#79 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Can you explain who the ally is and what he does, dino?

Well I didn't put anything specific so people are free to invent their own purpose for him, but in my version of this increasingly strange Bond film, he is a Latin/Caribbean agent who assists Bond when he goes to Saba. I chose John Ortiz because he has worked with Michael Mann several times.

#80 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Sounds neat enough. Only the gadgets and one remaining ally to get fleshed out.

#81 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

I assume since Tightpants has made his third pick, it's a free for all?

I didn't realise there was a rule against that. I've just been waiting every 24 hours (well, actually, until the clock strikes midnight) befoe re-posting.

#82 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

The initial rule was that we each got one go, but to stop the project from falling into antiquity after ten people had taken part, I opened the gate to one further attempt from each person.

With your third pick, I've opened the gates to people having a third item of input B)

#83 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

4 Bond Girl 3 (Background Girl): Gemma Arterton as Loelia Ponsonby

6 Villain: Ray Stevenson as Maxim Rusayev, former Spetsnaz operative turned popular Russian politician, he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and is allergic to sunlight (too much information? B))

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

STUFF

20 Bond's Car (inc. car gadgets): BMW Concept Vision Efficient Dynamics http://en.wikipedia....icient_Dynamics with a secret compartment in which Bond can hide his gun.

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#84 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:47 AM

A repeat offender in the Minor Bond Girl role? An interesting choice, certainly. Not sure I would've picked Arterton for a return to the series quite yet - maybe in a good few years time, like Maud Adams having almost ten years between her first and second roles.

#85 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:59 AM

Since apparently we can make a second pick now, here's mine in bold:

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

6 Villain: Ray Stevenson as Maxim Rusayev, former Spetsnaz operative turned popular Russian politician, he suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and is allergic to sunlight (too much information? B))

8 Ally 1 (ie Tanner, Villiers, Leiter, Moneypenny): Rebecca Hall as Miss Moneypenny

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1:
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#86 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

Good choice tdalton B)

Now just the gadgets to pick and we're green to start building this into an outline.

#87 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

CAST

1 Bond - Daniel Craig

8 Ally 1 (ie Tanner, Villiers, Leiter, Moneypenny): Rebecca Hall as Miss Moneypenny
9 Ally 2: John Astin as Serafin Melendez

LOCATIONS

KEY PLOT POINTS

15 Villain's Plot:

STUFF

21 Gadget 1: A bungee-jumping rope that can be unclipped by the user once they safely reach the ground
22 Gadget 2:
23 Gadget 3:

PRODUCTION

#88 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Why did you change John Ortiz to John Astin? B)

Anyway, I do like how this whole thing has shaped up. Perhaps soon we can begin suggesting title ideas.

Dino, any chance yet of explaining how you would fit the Moon into the story?

#89 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

I think title suggestions might be sensible to be kept until we've got the outline at least partially finalised so we have a clearer idea of how the various elements are going to gel.

#90 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

Why did you change John Ortiz to John Astin? B)

Anyway, I do like how this whole thing has shaped up. Perhaps soon we can begin suggesting title ideas.

Dino, any chance yet of explaining how you would fit the Moon into the story?

Yeah what the hell, John Astin is 80 years old.

As for the moon? Well, here's one article that may be of interest:

http://www.space.com...anium-moon.html