63 replies to this topic

#61 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

The Offence, The Hill, The Man Who Would Be King, Hell Drivers, Marnie, The Russia House, A Bridge Too Far and Outland.

#62 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

The Offence, The Hill, The Man Who Would Be King, Hell Drivers, Marnie, The Russia House, A Bridge Too Far and Outland.

A gem of a 50s B movie was Hell Drivers - featuring not only Connery but Stanley Baker, Herbert Lom and another favourite of mine, Patrick McGoohan. Plus those lorries, filmed as if they were being driven at close to the speed of sound. :) I haven't seen it for a while, but it used to be a staple of the BBC's early afternoon TV listings. If you were on holiday, or off sick, at home, then at some point whilst changing TV channels you would encounter Hell Drivers. :)

#63 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned but the one I don't believe was mentioned was one of the 2 non-Bond movies he made in 1964 which was Woman of Straw where he played essentially a sophisticated baddie.

Edited by Joe Bond, 05 August 2010 - 01:51 AM.

#64 Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

The Untouchables.

no doubt; his performance added a certain gravitas to the film