tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

Molly Shannon is coming to Glee!

http://ausiellofiles...-sue-sylvester/

The back 9 is shaping up to be rather interesting. Shannon should be a good addition to the cast, as will Idina Menzel.

Can't wait for this show to come back. Now that Chuck's quality is in free-fall, Glee and Castle are the only two shows left that I really look forward to at all. I'm also looking forward to some new performances from Lea Michele and Dianna Agron.

#32 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

Just found this on EOnline. Enjoy!

http://www.eonline.c...feed_topstories

#33 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:03 PM

This show doesn't really seem like my sort of thing so I wouldn't sit down to watch it, but Channel 4 and its various off-shoots has been pimping it pretty hard in the last couple of months with regular airings so I've seen a few bits here and there. Maybe some kind of "magic" happens when you sit down and watch it from the start or something, but what I've seen strikes me as an odd and not very likable mix of corny drama and musical routines with surprisingly mean-spirited humour and characters.

#34 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Here's an article on Entertainment Weekly on Neil Patrick Harris' role for the upcoming season of Glee:
http://ausiellofiles...rris-legendary/

#35 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:50 AM

Just watched the pilot and I was very impressed despite my hesitation to watch it. I think this is the first show or movie to avoid the usual stereotypes that the usual high school stories have in a long time.

#36 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

I haven't seen the first episode but what I have seen seemed to be pretty standard high school drama stuff in between the songs. The only real difference I can see between the stories here and in One Tree Hill or The O.C. or whatever is that it's about "kooky outsiders" rather than jocks and prom queens.

#37 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:09 AM

It's actually kind of funny. I put on "Sectionals" this afternoon, and the entire family stopped what they were doing to watch the entire episode. They were hooked by the performance of "And I'm Telling You." The funny thing is is that my family has never seen Glee before until the last episode, and now they're hooked.

I have a question too. Finn mentions that football season is over. So does that mean that the next season will be the next semester at William McKinley? Thoughts?

#38 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:13 AM

I have a question too. Finn mentions that football season is over. So does that mean that the next season will be the next semester at William McKinley? Thoughts?

According to some videos I've seen, it appears as though
Spoiler

#39 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

Spoiler

So, is it still Season 1, or will it be Season 2: Road to Sectionals?

#40 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

Spoiler

So, is it still Season 1, or will it be Season 2: Road to Sectionals?

It's still Season 1. A full season for a tv show is generally 22 episodes. Glee aired its first 13 through December and will air its "back 9" starting next month, with Season 2 most likely starting in September. B)

#41 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

It's still Season 1. A full season for a tv show is generally 22 episodes. Glee aired its first 13 through December and will air its "back 9" starting next month, with Season 2 most likely starting in September. B)

That's oddly structured for a TV show. But let me get this straight: the nine episodes that air in April are NOT season 2. Those episodes are still season 1, right?

#42 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

That's oddly structured for a TV show. But let me get this straight: the nine episodes that air in April are NOT season 2. Those episodes are still season 1, right?

Yes. The episodes that air in April are part of Season 1.

At least for this TV season, it's not that odd. A lot of shows have gone on hiatus in the middle of their seasons this year. Flash Forward and V are a couple that have done the same thing this year, and I'm sure that there's been others as well.

:tdown:

#43 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

#44 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

You're welcome. B)

#45 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

Lots of Glee updates!
1) Rumor has is that Sue Sylvester will share a kiss with
Spoiler

2) The rest of these updates are so numerous, that it'd just be easier to put in the link. Just be warned that there are spoilers in the article.
Otherwise: enjoy!
http://www.eonline.c...elebrities_glee

Here's another promo for the upcoming episodes:
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

http://gleeks.tumblr...a4phKohR1qasf51

#46 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to going through all of that and finding out what's coming up. Doesn't really matter, though, as long as I get more Sue Sylvester one-liners and more performances by Lea Michele and Dianna Agron, then I'm happy. B) :tdown:

I'm not sure if this is in the links that you posted, so apologies in advance if it was, but I found this on EW.com:
'Glee' scoop: Fox to super-size Season 2

#47 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for the updates. I'm looking forward to going through all of that and finding out what's coming up. Doesn't really matter, though, as long as I get more Sue Sylvester one-liners and more performances by Lea Michele and Dianna Agron, then I'm happy. B) :tdown:

I'm not sure if this is in the links that you posted, so apologies in advance if it was, but I found this on EW.com:

No, I didn't put that link in. Thanks for adding that in. :tdown:
(BTW, they need to give back stories to the two guys that don't have anything to do. I'm not so worried about Lea or Dianna.)
Here's another EW article on Season 2! Spoilers aplenty, beware! Or, enjoy!
http://ausiellofiles...rt-major-scoop/

#48 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:16 AM

No, I didn't put that link in. Thanks for adding that in. :tdown:
(BTW, they need to give back stories to the two guys that don't have anything to do. I'm not so worried about Lea or Dianna.)
Here's another EW article on Season 2! Spoilers aplenty, beware! Or, enjoy!
http://ausiellofiles...rt-major-scoop/

Hopefully with the extra episodes that Season 2 will have (25 instead of the usual 22) they'll be able to delve into some of the back stories of the club members that really haven't had much screen time up to this point, as you said. I think that with those extra episodes, they can get that done without sacrificing too much screen time for the more standout characters, like Rachel, Quinn, Finn, and Puck.

#49 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

More Glee info from EW.com:

Question: Have any Glee scoop on the Will/Emma/Terri triangle? —Ashley
Ausiello: Not just scoop, Ashley, but juicy scoop. As Matthew Morrison reminds us, his character “got married to his high school sweetheart, [so having] not been single for a very long time, I think he will get out there and see what is available to the single man these days.” That’s just the beginning! “I think we will see a little bit of a darker side to Mr. Schuster,” the actor continues. “He’s going to get himself into some situations that he has not been in before, and some he handles well and some… not.” Which is not to say that Mr. Nice Guy is about to become a complete ladies’ man. “His heart is really with Emma,” he hastens to add. “They will go on a few dates. [But] you just don’t get over a marriage in a few days, even if you do go out on dates.” Besides, Emma, sweet as she is, is a handful. “Terri is crazy, but he will come to find out that Emma is just as crazy, just in a different way,” Morrison teases. “He has that realization after she admits something to him that may stand in their way a little. And [on top of that] his ties to Terri are still there.” In related news…

Question: Glee scoop, please? —Dew
Ausiello: Word around William McKinley is that there will be some serious sexual tension between Will and Vocal Adrenalin’s new choir director, played by Idina Menzel.

Question: Do you know when Molly Shannon will be making her glorious Glee debut? I can’t wait to meet the woman who makes Sue Sylvester cry. —Michelle
Ausiello: She turns up in May and promptly “puts Sue in her place,” Jane Lynch told us at PaleyFest ‘10. “She’s probably the only person probably on the planet that can overpower Sue. She really puts her off balance and she doesn’t know what to make of her.” Echoing my initial scoop, Lynch says the SNL vet plays “this floozy alcoholic [named] Brenda Castle who got kicked out of her old school district for being inappropriate with her students. She’s teaching at our school now. Of course, we hired her. We’ll take anyone apparently. I lose it in front of her. She’s meaner than me. I like being intimidated. I’m an S&M kind of person so I love it. I love being on the M side.” Jane Lynch FTW!

Question: Will Quinn have her baby in the first half of Glee’s “back nine” episodes, or is it something they’ll drag on until next season? —Natalie
Ausiello: Let me say this: I hear the the show’s June 8 season finale really delivers.

#50 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:26 AM

More Glee this week! Including two new videos from Eonline:
http://www.eonline.c...ness_ghost.html

Also, there is a rumor going around that Artie will be
Spoiler
!

Looks like it's shaping up to be an AWESOME season of Glee!

#51 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:51 AM

More Glee this week! Including two new videos from Eonline:
http://www.eonline.c...ness_ghost.html

Also, there is a rumor going around that Artie will be

Spoiler
!

Looks like it's shaping up to be an AWESOME season of Glee!

Thanks for the links. I had heard the rumor that you mentioned in the spoiler tags, and I'm very curious to see how they go about doing that.

Also, I can't wait to hear the full length version of Lea's cover of Madonna's "Like a Prayer". It sounds absolutely phenomenal on the promo they ran last night on FOX. I think that could finally be the track that can rival "Don't Stop Believin'" in terms of being the best performance to date on the show.

#52 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

Glee will take on Lady Gaga!

http://music-mix.ew....glee-lady-gaga/

(Although, personally, wouldn't it be great if she made a quick cameo?)

#53 B. Brown

B. Brown

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

What is this supposed to be? Some type of comedy?

#54 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:18 AM

What is this supposed to be? Some type of comedy?

It can only hope to be.

#55 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

Lots more Glee this week! Here's the description" for the Madonna episode:

"Mr. Schuester is concerned that the girls in the glee club are being disrespected and bullied by the guys. Looking to Madonna and her musical message of equality as inspiration, he challenges the entire team to choose Madonna songs as their next assignment in the hopes that the girls embrace her strength, independence and confidence and that the guys will see the error of their misogynistic ways. The glee club takes the assignment to heart as they perform some of Madonna’s greatest hits, including “Express Yourself” and “Like A Prayer.” Meanwhile, Kurt and Mercedes give Sue a vote of confidence with a makeover that is definitely in “Vogue” in the all-new “The Power of Madonna” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX."

Also, the whole cast was at the White House to sing for the Easter egg hunt (?). Here's the link on YouTube:

Seven more days!

#56 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

Last minute Glee scoop:
The Glee cast was on Oprah the other day. Here's a sample of the interview:

More Glee clips:
http://www.fox.com/glee/gleeplayer/

#57 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

Last minute Glee scoop:
The Glee cast was on Oprah the other day. Here's a sample of the interview:

More Glee clips:
http://www.fox.com/glee/gleeplayer/

Thanks for all of the effort to keep those of us interested in the show up to date with the latest news and videos regarding the show during the nearly 4 months its been off the air. It's been much appreciated. B)

Can't wait for next week, when we finally get to see episode 1.14 (or "Hell-O" as it's apparently titled). I will say that my one concern for the show moving forward with the rest of season 1 is that they're apparently trying to add more music to each episode as compared with the front 13 episodes of the season. I'm not sure that's necessarily a good move, although if it means more Lea Michele and/or Dianna Agron numbers, then I can find a way to cope with it. Still, I think cramming more music into each episode might be a bit too much of a good thing. The comedy needs a little bit of room to breathe also, and I think that they had managed to find the perfect balance of music/everything-else in the first thirteen episodes.

#58 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

MORE GLEE!
iTunes has the Glee Madonna songs for the upcoming episodes including: Express Yourself, Borderline/Open Your Heart, Vogue, 4 Minutes, What it Feels Like for a Girl, and Like a Prayer.
iTunes also has a two minute preview for the new episodes, featuring Lea Michelle's version of All American Rejects "Gives You Hell."

Lastly, the cast of Glee was on Oprah Winfrey's show this week. Did anyone else happen to catch it?

Thanks for all of the effort to keep those of us interested in the show up to date with the latest news and videos regarding the show during the nearly 4 months its been off the air. It's been much appreciated. B)

Well, thank you! I've been having my own "Glee" week over here (our college's production of "Grease" happens to be this week) but I do my best to try and stay on top of any Glee news. :tdown:

#59 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

MORE GLEE!
iTunes has the Glee Madonna songs for the upcoming episodes including: Express Yourself, Borderline/Open Your Heart, Vogue, 4 Minutes, What it Feels Like for a Girl, and Like a Prayer.
iTunes also has a two minute preview for the new episodes, featuring Lea Michelle's version of All American Rejects "Gives You Hell."

I'm very much looking forward to that episode (actually moreso than Tuesday's episode). They've already greatly improved on one of Madonna's songs (Dianna Agron's "Papa Don't Preach", which sounded fantastic as a stripped down acoustic number, which I actually preferred to the original), and Lea's take on "Like a Prayer" from one of the promos sounded nothing short of phenomenal, and I'm looking forward to getting to hear that in its entirety.

#60 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

The overall flamboyancy of this show is what keeps me from watching it.