281 replies to this topic

#271 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

Here's a notion. Perhaps GLEE could do - as a special one off - a GLEE episode, no?

#272 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

Question.

How would you feel if they announced that Glee was going to do an episode where the featured James Bond themes?

Thumbs up :tup:
or
Thumbs down :tdown:

#273 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

Thumbs down because although it would be cool to see some classic Bond themes get exposure, I cringe imagining how god awful they would sound as sung by those wretched kids.

#274 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:07 AM

Here's a notion. Perhaps GLEE could do - as a special one off - a GLEE episode, no?

You mean like an epsiode featuring original songs, written especially for the show?

They're already way ahead of you, though it probably won't come until towards the end of the second season.

Thumbs down because although it would be cool to see some classic Bond themes get exposure, I cringe imagining how god awful they would sound as sung by those wretched kids.

I don't know - I reckon Mercedes could pull off Goldfinger or Diamonds Are Forever. I don't think an episode dedicated to Bond themes would work, but if one were included in an episode where they performed song from various films - like David Bowie's Cat People / Putting Out Fire or Bobby Womack's Across 110th Street from the film of the same name - then it could work.

#275 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

So, "Grilled Cheesus." What was everyone's reactions? Thumbs up or down?

#276 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

Up, surprisingly.

#277 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

No idea. The bloody Commonwealth Games are on wall-to-wall for the next two weeks, as if anybody cares about them.

#278 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but we've had two new Glee episodes: "Duets" and "The Rocky Horror Glee Show."
What do you guys think of these last two episodes?
Personally, I didn't like either one of them...

#279 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

I finally stopped watching. I kinda feel liberated.

#280 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

So, what's the consensus on "The Substitute" and "Furt"? Personally, I felt that Gwyneth Paltrow was a perfect guest star and that her episode made me fall in love with Glee again.

#281 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Wow - the last entry is from late November 2010?

Okay, since I watch this show on DVD I´m way behind with this - but I just started the second part of season 2 and I must say... well, I´m underwhelmed so far. Everything that was fresh seems stale all of a sudden. The plots and subplots just go through the motions. Gone is the quick humor. Instead we get protracted song and dance routines. I hope the show recovers but maybe it´s just become to successful to return to its quirky roots.

#282 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Wow - the last entry is from late November 2010?

Okay, since I watch this show on DVD I´m way behind with this - but I just started the second part of season 2 and I must say... well, I´m underwhelmed so far. Everything that was fresh seems stale all of a sudden. The plots and subplots just go through the motions. Gone is the quick humor. Instead we get protracted song and dance routines. I hope the show recovers but maybe it´s just become to successful to return to its quirky roots.

I was underwhelmed with the second season for many of the same reasons. I haven't even given the third season a chance yet, and maybe never will. It would be interesting to hear what those who are watching the current season have to say about it to date.