This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who do you want for Bond 7? * POLL ADDED*

4014 replies to this topic

Poll: In lieu of proper news, let's have an opinion...

Do you think Daniel Craig will return for BOND 25?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Now that's out of the way, do you WANT Daniel Craig to return as Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Suppose Daniel Craig will be back as 007, for how many films would you wish to see him back?

Should Daniel Craig not return as James Bond, would you want the current timeline continued?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

At this early stage (hopefully Daniel Craig will do 2-3 more) I can see only two real candidates:

Henry Cavill
http://www.blognow.c...LaLee/83467.jpg

and Tom Hardy
http://4.bp.blogspot...0/tom hardy.jpg

Both are credible in different ways. Hardy seems to have more in common with Craig - diverse roles, 'serious' actor, untypical Bond looks. Cavill has a track record with Eon, has a following in America, and has the classic Bond look.

My feeling is that Cavill is the more likely of the two. I feel that Eon will go back to the classic Bond look after Craig. However, I would be happy with either of these two come 2015 or so.

Hardy has a problem as my Wife pointed out his looks, if people had a problem with DC then hell that will be a walk in the park compared to convincing anyone that Hardy is handsome.

I concur that he is not the "classically handsome" type. In fact in Wuthering Heights with long hair, he reminded me of The Kurgan from Highlander B) But then again 'Heights' showed his potential for the romantic/brooding side of Bond.

But Craig has opened the door for shall we say, slightly off-kilter looking actors to be considered. I think once Bronson hits the USA followed by next year's Warrior where he plays a MMA fighter, he'll be getting more support.

The thing about that Cavill picture above is that he seems to be unsubtly posing in a Bond-like fashion. The choice would be adequate, but I can't see that he'd bring any particular spark to the role. I wonder if its this reason that he gets into the auditions for so many superhero roles but never actually wins any. He'd look the part, but, I get a Brosnan Jr. kind of vibe.

I'm not a woman but my Wife say a big no no to Hardy looks wise!

#32 I never miss

I never miss

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Cavill would be a safe option, Hardy would be an edgier option. The earlier poster who mentioned that Cavill would be a Brosnan type Bond is probably correct. He would almost certainly be a more traditional Bond than Hardy, who presumably would follow closely to Craig's interpretation. I say this only because of the actor's looks, styles and career choices to date.

It depends upon which route Eon want to travel down when Craig leaves the role - they may have a 5 year break and fancy a return to the matinee-idol Bond.

They may decide that neither of these actors are of interest. They may decide to stop making Bond movies altogether. Who knows! All I know is that these two guys would be my equal favourites for the role come 2015 or so. Until then, I shall look forward to the next installment of Craig's Bond with great anticipation!

#33 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

Having just seen Inglouirous Basterds, though the film was a huge dissappointment, one man really stood out. Michael Fassbender, his scenes all had a Bondish feel to them, going in for the breifing, and the scene he light the cigarette and asks if it's alright if he speaks the 'King's'. He reminded so much of a young Sean Connery.
If daniel Craig wasn't so good i think the producers should hire him this instant.
http://ia.media-imdb...X600_SY400_.jpg
http://pics.livejour...ii/pic/000210t3

#34 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

Ben Barnes in as interesting one. In around 10 years or so. He's good looking, I don't know if he can act though, I saw a trailer for DORIAN GREY today, I was rather impressed.

Posted Image

#35 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ben Barnes in as interesting one. In around 10 years or so. He's good looking, I don't know if he can act though, I saw a trailer for DORIAN GREY today, I was rather impressed.

Looks about as threatening as a haddock.

#36 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

Looks like Michael Jackson: The Later Years.

#37 RJJB

RJJB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

Jeez, let Craig finish his tenure before all this speculation nonsense. How about just enjoying the here and now?

#38 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

Jeez, let Craig finish his tenure before all this speculation nonsense. How about just enjoying the here and now?

Because some of us aren't enjoying the here and now.

I spent 40 years reading Ian Fleming Bond books and watching Bond movies about a good looking, suave, sexy, sophisticated, secret agent, who can do anything, drive/fly/pilot/manoeuvre any damned mechanical device and seduce any female with a pulse, on this planet. He was supersuave.

Then Eon put Gollum's older brother, Daniel Craig, in as a poor replacement just because Barbara Broccoli wanted to get into his pants, IMO. (I offer in my defence, the signature of a CBN person who says .... and I'm paraphrasing here so it won't be exact but I hope they'll come forward to back me up with the exact quote.

Quote from Daniel Craig. "On the day we were filming the torture sequence, Barbara kept appearing on the set. I kept saying to her ... 'Don't you have paperwork to do back in your office or something? But she said No, I should be here'." Or something like that.

Now, it seems to me that if she rearranged her work schedule to specifically be on set during the scenes where he was naked and tied up ... I've got to ask ... what was her actual reason for casting him. (Personally I think it's because she likes a bit of rough.) And he is ... sorry but he is.

I've never seen any performances from him previously that justify him being chosen for the part. In my opinion he's not that good looking and worst of all ... he can't act that well. He just says lines on camera, he doesn't act.

And yes I have seen Munich,
And yes I have seen Road To Perdition (wasn't Tom Hanks great in that?)
And yes I have seen Tomb Raider.
And he was lousy in all of them. (And I mean, lousy.)

And before anyone says ... 'Ah but have you seen Friends from the North/In The North? Whatever it was. No I haven't but you can't quote a TV programne as justification for him getting a major film part, when his film work certainly hasn't justified him getting the role.

I know this will an be unpopular post but I do mean it, it isn't just thrown in to start an argument, and I am prepared to defend my position, but I throw it out there to see whether it is supported or rejected. My actual suggestions as a replacement, I will put in another post as arguments about this post will overshadow it.

#39 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

RufusCobb,
I'm sorry you are not happy with the current choice of Bond. I have also spent over 30 years reading bond books and watching Bond movies and got a little tired of watching actors who were clearly not tough trying to act like a tough British spy who Ian Fleming wrote about. I always felt a certain previous Bond actor was a bit too pretty and femenine to be James Bond. I am thankful we have a tough smooth and yes, masculinly handsome and very good actor playing James Bond right now and showing Ian Fleming's original character some respect that has been missing for quite a few of the movies.

#40 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:16 AM

RufusCobb,
I'm sorry you are not happy with the current choice of Bond. I have also spent over 30 years reading bond books and watching Bond movies and got a little tired of watching actors who were clearly not tough trying to act like a tough British spy who Ian Fleming wrote about. I always felt a certain previous Bond actor was a bit too pretty and femenine to be James Bond. I am thankful we have a tough smooth and yes, masculinly handsome and very good actor playing James Bond right now and showing Ian Fleming's original character some respect that has been missing for quite a few of the movies.

Sorry, do you mean Roger or Pierce?

By the way, I respect your opinion but I honestly cannot agree with your assessment of Daniel Craig as "tough smooth and yes, masculinly handsome"(sp?)

Not in a million years ... but then again, I prefer women.

#41 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

Because some of us aren't enjoying the here and now.

I spent 40 years reading Ian Fleming Bond books and watching Bond movies about a good looking, suave, sexy, sophisticated, secret agent, who can do anything, drive/fly/pilot/manoeuvre any damned mechanical device and seduce any female with a pulse, on this planet. He was supersuave.

Then Eon put Gollum's older brother, Daniel Craig, in as a poor replacement just because Barbara Broccoli wanted to get into his pants, IMO. (I offer in my defence, the signature of a CBN person who says .... and I'm paraphrasing here so it won't be exact but I hope they'll come forward to back me up with the exact quote.

Quote from Daniel Craig. "On the day we were filming the torture sequence, Barbara kept appearing on the set. I kept saying to her ... 'Don't you have paperwork to do back in your office or something? But she said No, I should be here'." Or something like that.

Yes - her and every other lady crew member that day. And why not? Craig is a powerhouse of onscreen masculinity who - like all the great New Wave British acting men (Burton, Finney, Stamp, Caine and Harvey) is a bloody good actor too (WHICH is why Barbara Broccoli cast Daniel Craig). He was cast because he is a stunning actor and the role needs an actor again, rather than transatlantic "Bondian" clones the fans seem to want.

Now, it seems to me that if she rearranged her work schedule to specifically be on set during the scenes where he was naked and tied up ... I've got to ask ... what was her actual reason for casting him. (Personally I think it's because she likes a bit of rough.) And he is ... sorry but he is.

But you are a straight bloke as you keep pointing out. Your opinion on this one sort of doesn't count. And back in the world of reality, Barbara Broccoli does not need to cast an actor to clock a bit of on-set rough. Why on earth would anyone reduce their family's filmic legacy to that kind of thinking (?). That is a ludicrous and frankly sexist statement.

I've never seen any performances from him previously that justify him being chosen for the part. In my opinion he's not that good looking and worst of all ... he can't act that well. He just says lines on camera, he doesn't act.

So because you haven't seen anything with Craig in that you like that automatically translates that he was miscast. Daniel Craig has a done a tiny bit more than the high street titles you quote here. EVERLASTING LOVE, SOME VOICES, A NUMBER, OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH, THE TRENCH, LAYER CAKE, ELIZABETH and ALL his stage work got him the Bond gig too. But as an actor is obviously not decent enough until he sells a title at your local supermarker then reason and reality will not tarnish your really blinkered views here.

And yes I have seen Munich,
And yes I have seen Road To Perdition (wasn't Tom Hanks great in that?)
And yes I have seen Tomb Raider.
And he was lousy in all of them. (And I mean, lousy.)

And before anyone says ... 'Ah but have you seen Friends from the North/In The North? Whatever it was. No I haven't but you can't quote a TV programne as justification for him getting a major film part, when his film work certainly hasn't justified him getting the role.

Er - yes you can. What blinkered nonsense. It sort of worked for that Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan fellows who I believe had hardly set the world alight at the cinema, but Eon Productions knew and saw their Bond merits and cast them accordingly to fairly solid effect.

I know this will an be unpopular post but I do mean it, it isn't just thrown in to start an argument, and I am prepared to defend my position, but I throw it out there to see whether it is supported or rejected. My actual suggestions as a replacement, I will put in another post as arguments about this post will overshadow it.

#42 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

You can, because Craig's performance in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH is one of the greatest performances ever. In anything.

Although I'm sure you'd fail to appreciate OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH for the magnificent, one-of-a-kind piece of epic drama it is (the fact that it was made for TV is irrelevant - you think TV acting is somehow less difficult or less important than film acting?).

#43 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

He looks a lot like a rockstar! He'd be cool for a henchman, but I don't see him for Bond with this hair! B)

#44 Jeao007

Jeao007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Having just seen Inglouirous Basterds, though the film was a huge dissappointment, one man really stood out. Michael Fassbender, his scenes all had a Bondish feel to them, going in for the breifing, and the scene he light the cigarette and asks if it's alright if he speaks the 'King's'. He reminded so much of a young Sean Connery.
If daniel Craig wasn't so good i think the producers should hire him this instant.

I now think Fassbender would be the best choice. The first link you gave didn't work, but in the second picture, Michael looks a lot like Fleming's Commissioned James Bond.

Edited by JEAO007, 29 August 2009 - 04:46 PM.

#45 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

I now think Fassbender would be the best choice. The first link you gave didn't work, but in the second picture, Michael looks a lot like Fleming's Commissioned James Bond.

http://www.imdb.com/...ine=still_frame

Here's the whole of IMDB still-frames. Dunno if that's what they were trying to link, but I imagine it may have been the cigarette one. Or, simply put: http://www.imdb.com/...98624/nm1055413

#46 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

[/quote]And before anyone says ... 'Ah but have you seen Friends from the North/In The North? Whatever it was. No I haven't but you can't quote a TV programne as justification for him getting a major film part, when his film work certainly hasn't justified him getting the role.

Er - yes you can. What blinkered nonsense. It sort of worked for that Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan fellows who I believe had hardly set the world alight at the cinema, but Eon Productions knew and saw their Bond merits and cast them accordingly to fairly solid effect.

[/quote]
But Roger had many years of TV series behind him, Ivanhoe, Maverick, The Alaskans, The Saint, The Persuaders, as well as many Hollywood film appearances. (I'm not going to list them all, read his autobiography.)

Pierce did five series of Remington Steele as well as Hollywood movies. You can hardly compare a single nine part mini-series to those bodies of work.

Anyway, apart from that ... 'I'm sorry', I didn't set out to offend any Craig fans, I was just voicing an opinion. When I first joined this site I promised to bite my lip, (not liking Craig doesn't stop me being a Bond fan, It's bigger than one man,) and not say anything Anti-Craig. But what can I tell you? I'd had a drink, it had been a hard week at work and something inside me snapped. The Devil inside escaped. Mea Culpa.

Please can I still be in your gang?

[quote name='Loomis' post='1051927' date='29 August 2009 - 11:52'][quote name='RufusCobb' post='1051883' date='29 August 2009 - 04:00']And before anyone says ... 'Ah but have you seen Friends from the North/In The North? Whatever it was. No I haven't but you can't quote a TV programne as justification for him getting a major film part, when his film work certainly hasn't justified him getting the role.[/quote]

You can, because Craig's performance in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH is one of the greatest performances ever. In anything.

Although I'm sure you'd fail to appreciate OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH for the magnificent, one-of-a-kind piece of epic drama it is (the fact that it was made for TV is irrelevant - you think TV acting is somehow less difficult or less important than film acting?).
[/quote]

Ah, that's why I like to hear. A completely unbiased, well balanced argument. Absolutely no sign of Hero Worship there. Well done!

As for comparing Roger's and Pierce's body of TV work to one, nine part mini-series, I refer you to my answer to Zorin industries post.

#47 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I don't have a gang. Sorry. That's not really my intent on CBN.

If we are going to nitpick in true forum style to win a point or two can I refer you to the fact that Pierce Brosnan had not done a whole slew of TV shows and films when he was first good enough to cast in 1986? He came to the attention of the Broccoli casting radar in 1980 when he visited the set and production of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. And the same can be said of Roger Moore who was a major name on the casting radar pre-DR NO when his work was mainly TV based and a splattering of MGM films (which put him in the sights of Cubby Broccoli).

And if you think any of the actors work in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH is not all that then we really are on a losing streak here. I imagine you have not even seen the series which - as someone with slight experience of these things - refocused British TV drama, put a collection of actors on a stage that has seen them rightfully soar (particularly Mark Strong, Gina McKee, Daniel Craig and Chris Eccleston) to become a valuable and relevant part of the British acting fraternity and was a damning look at post war Britain in a way that many have since imitated to no avail. It was a stage work too, produced by the RSC in the 1970's and produced on TV by the same producer who made the equally landmark BOYS FROM THE BLACKSTUFF. But as it was not good or important in your books, you already know all that I imagine.

#48 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Ah, that's why I like to hear. A completely unbiased, well balanced argument. Absolutely no sign of Hero Worship there. Well done!

All I'm doing is pointing out that I consider Craig's performance in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH to be one of the greatest things I've ever seen. What, exactly, is wrong with that? And how does it show bias? Bias against whom? Pierce Brosnan? Roger Moore? I haven't mentioned any of those guys. I like all the Bond actors, in fact. They were all good in their time. I think Eon has always cast the role perfectly.

Still, to echo Zorin's comments (albeit at the risk of coming across as part of a gang here at CBn), it's obvious that you haven't seen OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH and aren't even interested in it. Now, OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH is not James Bond. Craig does not play a Bondian character in it. The thing has got absolutely nothing to do with Bond. But his performance is truly astonishing. I do happen to think it justified him getting the role of 007, but then I'd also say the same of his film work, e.g. THE MOTHER and LAYER CAKE. Only LAYER CAKE shows him as a somewhat Bondian character (being cocky, being suave, making quips, seducing a beautiful woman, showing off his muscles, infiltrating a property and killing someone), but the others display his awesome acting abilities. Casting an actor to play James Bond isn't just about getting someone who Looks Like Bond™ or has been in a string of action movies or hit mainstream U.S. TV shows - it's about getting someone with range and versatility who can truly act.

If this means I'm guilty of "Hero Worship" towards Craig, well, so be it.

#49 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

How about Tom Hardy? I think he's an excellent actor.

#50 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Yes Rufuscobb, you can stick around. Everyone has their own opinion of who Bond should be. While I enjoy all six Bond actors, I feel Brosnan was miscast in the role (I did enjoy Remington Steele quite a bit). Many people disagree with me and think Brosnan was the best Bond, and that is okay.

I know many women who find Daniel Craig incredibly attractive and sexy (my wife thinks he is the sexiest Bond ever, even sexier than a young Connery). He certainly has a stronger female fan base than any previous Bond since Connery, that is something that can't really be argued.

It is all right that you don't like Craig, there is nothing wrong with that. However I think to say he can't act is just showing that you are allowing your dislike of him as Bond to judge him as an actor. He certainly held his own against Paul Newman in TRTP. A BAFTA nomination, 3 British Independent Film nominations and one win, along with several other nominations and wins for several film clearly shows he can act.

#51 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Everyone has their own opinion of who Bond should be. While I enjoy all six Bond actors, I feel Brosnan was miscast in the role (I did enjoy Remington Steele quite a bit). Many people disagree with me and think Brosnan was the best Bond, and that is okay.

If people had the same opinions we'd all die out of dullness!

http://www.imdb.com/...ine=still_frame

Here's the whole of IMDB still-frames. Dunno if that's what they were trying to link, but I imagine it may have been the cigarette one. Or, simply put: http://www.imdb.com/...98624/nm1055413

That guy Fassbender reminds me strongly of the James Bond icon that Fleming had on his mind while he created Bond!

Posted Image

Posted Image

See any resemblence or I'm crazy?

#52 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

I do get a bit of a young Connery vibe from Fassbender, but seeing as I've not seen him in anything, I can't judge whether he'd make a good Bond or not. Vibes a Bond do not make. Alright, well, yeah, it's important for me to believe he's Bond, which is part of why Brosnan is my least favorite, but acting > vibes.

#53 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Please see the previous page.

#54 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

I'm sorry, I can't get the colour thing working properly to differentiate between my text and yours so I'll just name each quote.

Zorin

I don't have a gang. Sorry. That's not really my intent on CBN.

Rufus
That was a joke, also that remark about a gang was referring to the CBN community in general, it wasn't directed at you personally.

Zorin
If we are going to nitpick in true forum style to win a point or two can I refer you to the fact that Pierce Brosnan had not done a whole slew of TV shows and films when he was first good enough to cast in 1986?

Rufus
According to IMDB, by 1986 Pierce had done the 'Manions of America' and Remington Steele was still running and was probably in it's third or fourth series by then. In the Remington Steele DVD's, (yes I'm that sad, I have them,) during the extras, the interviews state that Pierce Brosnan was a HUGE TV star at that time, certainly in America and probably around the world, possibly the biggest at that time. So yes, he had done enough work to bring him to the attention of Broccoli and Co.

Zorin
And if you think any of the actors work in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH is not all that then we really are on a losing streak here. I imagine you have not even seen the series which - as someone with slight experience of these things - refocused British TV drama, put a collection of actors on a stage that has seen them rightfully soar (particularly Mark Strong, Gina McKee, Daniel Craig and Chris Eccleston) to become a valuable and relevant part of the British acting fraternity and was a damning look at post war Britain in a way that many have since imitated to no avail. It was a stage work too, produced by the RSC in the 1970's and produced on TV by the same producer who made the equally landmark BOYS FROM THE BLACKSTUFF. But as it was not good or important in your books, you already know all that I imagine.

Rufus
You're making a mistake here. I was criticising Daniel Craig, not Our Friends In The North, yet you are defending that. You surmise correctly that I have not seen it, (I think I was out of the country at the time,) which is why I have never commented on that programme, only one of the actor's from it, (and even then I was commenting on his other work). So I'm not guilty of that one.

Apart from that, keep smiling, be happy!

#55 RufusCobb

RufusCobb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Loomis
All I'm doing is pointing out that I consider Craig's performance in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH to be one of the greatest things I've ever seen. What, exactly, is wrong with that? And how does it show bias? Bias against whom? Pierce Brosnan? Roger Moore? I haven't mentioned any of those guys. I like all the Bond actors, in fact. They were all good in their time. I think Eon has always cast the role perfectly.

Rufus:
I didn't accuse you of bias against anybody, I was implying bias towards Daniel Craig. (There is such a thing as positive discrimination you know.)

I'm sorry but I do find this slavish devotion towards Daniel Craig a bit disturbing. You know the sort of thing I mean ...

'Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!' CBN Thread. (I dunno, I haven't seen them all yet.)

'Wouldn't it be great if they remade earlier Bond movies but starring Daniel Craig?'

‘DC is my hero.’ CBN Thread.

‘How has Daniel Craig as James Bond influenced you?’ CBN Thread.

'I consider his performance in OUR FRIENDS IN THE NORTH to be one of the greatest things I've ever seen.'

To (badly misremember) a quote from someone on this site, (sorry, I don't know who,) 'Some people won't be happy until there's a Second Coming, starring Daniel Craig.'

How can you possibly say his performance in OFITN, is one the greatest things you've ever seen? What about real actors? What about Laurence Oliver's Henry V? Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet? Sir Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lector, Judi Dench's appearance in 'Shakespeare In Love'? (It was only eight minutes but it got her an Oscar!) Sir John Geilgud in ... (I dunno, something Shakespearian). Or even Sean Connery's and Michael Caine's Oscar winning performances? The list goes on and on.

If you honestly think DC's performance in OFITN is one of the greatest things you've ever seen, then I'm sorry but you don't watch enough TV/Films/Plays.

Edited by RufusCobb, 30 August 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#56 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:41 PM

How can you possibly say his performance in OFITN, is one the greatest things you've ever seen? What about real actors?

Excuse me? Daniel Craig IS a real actor. Certainly the best actor to play James Bond (although Sean Connery is still my favorite).

#57 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

How can you possibly say his performance in OFITN, is one the greatest things you've ever seen?

Because I've seen it. You haven't.

What about real actors?

I see absolutely no point in continuing this discussion now that you've typed that. Cheers.

#58 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

I look forward to DC for a while. Who comes after will be a mystery to be solved later.

#59 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:30 AM

Please see the previous page.

Heh! No such thing as an original thought I suppose! He's rather mesmeric to watch, but might be a bit too good an actor to want to do Bond. He seems to move around a bit more and I think he's just about to take off.

#60 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

I watched the Tudors on Friday, and wasn't overly impressed with Henry Cavell, but then I suppose Our frieends in the North didn't scream out FUture Bond either.

Anyway, since photos are all the rage here's one of another candidate Tom Hardy
Posted Image