118 replies to this topic

#61 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

I think she'd be another Christmas Jones and we've already got one of those.

Yeah, and her name is Gemma Arterton.

#62 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

I think she'd be another Christmas Jones and we've already got one of those.

Yeah, and her name is Gemma Arterton.

That's rather harsh. Gemma wasn't that bad. In fact, I didn't find her bad at all. Perfectly cast as a non-professional, whereas D Richards was utterly miscast as a nuculeeaur fizzy.

Fox on the other hand, no matter how lovely she is, really should never come near a Bond film. Let's stick with the Greens and Kurylenkos of this world.

#63 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

http://www.people.co...0293363,00.html

Did Transformers hottie Megan Fox turn up her nose at playing a Bond Girl in the next 007 film?

Reports circulating online say Fox, 23, had signed on to play one of Bond's sexy conquests, but passed on the role because "she'd rather be a more central part of the movie."

Not so, Fox's rep tells PEOPLE exclusively: "The report about Megan Fox turning down a Bond movie is completely not true. There have been no discussions nor any offers. Megan is a fan of the Bond movies."

Meanwhile, Fox is slated to attend Comic Con in San Diego this week, to do publicity for her films Jonah Hex and Jennifer's Body.

I think we can safely say this thread now belongs in Tabloid Trash.

#64 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Did Transformers hottie Megan Fox turn up her nose at playing a Bond Girl in the next 007 film?

Reports circulating online say Fox, 23, had signed on to play one of Bond's sexy conquests, but passed on the role because "she'd rather be a more central part of the movie."

Not so, Fox's rep tells PEOPLE exclusively: "The report about Megan Fox turning down a Bond movie is completely not true. There have been no discussions nor any offers. Megan is a fan of the Bond movies."

Meanwhile, Fox is slated to attend Comic Con in San Diego this week, to do publicity for her films Jonah Hex and Jennifer's Body.

So there is still hope.

B)

oh and can someone tell me who a mod is so i can ask them to PLEASE put a sticky note on my bond 23 tabloid trash thread.

#65 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

So there is still hope.

B)

oh and can someone tell me who a mod is so i can ask them to PLEASE put a sticky note on my bond 23 tabloid trash thread.

Sure, for future ref, just click on the "MoneyPenny" tab on the controls line and it will give you the list.

Administrators

Greg
Mister Asterix
The Admiral

Global Moderators

[dark]
Athena007
Blofeld's Cat
Bryce (003)
doublenoughtspy
Dunph
Jim
K1Bond007
Qwerty
stromberg
Tim007

#66 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

So there is still hope.

B)

Sure, for future ref, just click on the "MoneyPenny" tab on the controls line and it will give you the list.

Administrators

Greg
Mister Asterix
The Admiral

Global Moderators

[dark]
Athena007
Blofeld's Cat
Bryce (003)
doublenoughtspy
Dunph
Jim
K1Bond007
Qwerty
stromberg
Tim007

thank you abnd all set hopefully by this time tommorow there will be 4 instead of 3 important topic discussions

#67 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

I knew this story was BS.

Saw her at Comic Con. I now officially have a full-blown thing for Mega Fox. (BTW, Jonah Hex looks awesome.)

#68 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

I knew this story was BS.

Saw her at Comic Con. I now officially have a full-blown thing for Mega Fox. (BTW, Jonah Hex looks awesome.)

http://justjared.buz...comic-con-2009/

Megan at Comic-Con.

#69 Bill

Bill

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just my two cents:

I have yet to see either Transformers film--nothing against them, but I just have not had the chance.

I think the only thing I have seen Megan Fox in was an episode of Two and a Half Men, a program that I only started watching this past year.

She paid the housekeeper's granddaughter and watching all three of the title characters just fall all over her was absolutely hysterical. And she was absolutely smoldering!

Whether this qualifies her to be a Bond girl is questionable. Plus they will have to cover the tattoos!

Obviously this is all moot at this point--casting is probably a long way off!

Bill

#70 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

The first Transformers was tollerable, the sequel is trash. If you must see ROTF, do it in such a way where you're not giving that monstrosity any more money than it has already made (Movie passes, Kristatos' secret movie market, etc).

And, having only seen Megan Fox in those two movies, I can't bring myself to care for her. She doesn't come off as an especially bright person - she criticized Michael Bay because neither Transformers movie had really allowed her to "act" - does she even know who Michael Bay is?

I think she's a little too high-profile for the role anyway. I'm not saying casting Halle Berry in Die Another Day directly led to its downfall, but it didn't help, I'm sure.

#71 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

What I like about Mega Fox is she is a true Hollywood "Sex Symbol." That is something different from an actress (acting ability really doesn't matter), and even different than a "Movie Star." A Sex Symbol is far more rare than a Movie Star. There have only been a handful of great sex symbols; Mae West, Jean Harlow, Marylyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot... and they tend to burn out fast (and sometimes tragically). They also tend to be as hated as they are loved in their moment because their open sexuality is "dangerous" and threatening (to some). That's how you know they are true sex symbols. Mega Fox is right at her moment, her bloom, and to see a new sex symbol right at her moment is really special. It does not come along all that often.

Posted Image

#72 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Saw her at Comic Con. I now officially have a full-blown thing for Mega Fox.

Hey now, keep it in your pants, mister.

What I like about Mega Fox is she is a true Hollywood "Sex Symbol." That is something different from an actress (acting ability really doesn't matter), and even different than a "Movie Star." A Sex Symbol is far more rare than a Movie Star. There have only been a handful of great sex symbols; Mae West, Jean Harlow, Marylyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot... and they tend to burn out fast (and sometimes tragically). They also tend to be as hated as they are loved in their moment because their open sexuality is "dangerous" and threatening (to some). That's how you know they are true sex symbols. Mega Fox is right at her moment, her bloom, and to see a new sex symbol right at her moment is really special. It does not come along all that often.

Posted Image

...I don't even know where to begin...

#73 baerrtt

baerrtt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

The difference here is that Fox has no discernible personality to me beyond looking 'really hot'. Monroe was likeable, Bardot playful, West was funny and subversive but I see none of those traits in her. Maybe she'll prove detratctors like me wrong one day but the way Hollywood treats female talent nowadays as disposable I doubt it.

Edited by baerrtt, 25 July 2009 - 07:03 PM.

#74 Piz Gloria 1969

Piz Gloria 1969

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Some actresses today are spoiled....back in the old days they would've almost killed to get a part.

Let's face it , many of the Bond girls weren't exactly great actresses B)

#75 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

The difference here is that Fox has no discernible personality to me beyond looking 'really hot'. Monroe was likeable, Bardot playful, West was funny and subversive but I see none of those traits in her.

Exactly.

#76 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

Classy over trashy please, and Megan Fox's looks really scream trashy to me.

#77 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

Her actions scream trashy, too. If I recall correctly she had a pet pig.

#78 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

So did Clooney but I won't go there.

#79 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

Well Clooney doesn't exactly epitomize classy either. Though at least the man's got some class. Fox is just utterly void.

Edited by Tybre, 25 July 2009 - 09:09 PM.

#80 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

It was "dangerous and threatening" when Angelina did it. Now its just boring.

The difference here is that Fox has no discernible personality to me beyond looking 'really hot'. Monroe was likeable, Bardot playful, West was funny and subversive but I see none of those traits in her. Maybe she'll prove detratctors like me wrong one day but the way Hollywood treats female talent nowadays as disposable I doubt it.

Not to mention that all the above actually had hit movies based on their presence. Appearing as the eye candy in movies about giant robots doesn't exactly cut it as a "star". Let's see if she can pull anyone in to the theatre on her own, or if her "fans" will just stay at home and continue to fap to her photos.

#81 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well Clooney doesn't exactly epitomize classy either. Though at least the man's got some class. Fox is just utterly void.

Clooney has better looking thumbs. B)

#82 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

Is this a bond message board or The view? I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

My point is basically this she isn't going to be cast we all know this. She isn't exactly a good actress we all know that. Some find her sexy and want to do things to her (this apparently is a family board I think we all know what "things" mean if you don't i believe most are talking about playing a long game of monoply with her). Some find her repulsive and annoying and want her to go to the same hole the sucked up Danielle Fishel, the cast of Saved by the Bell, and Paulie Shore (why can't Will Ferral go to the same hole.) Are we that depraved for Bond 23 rumour, News, and conjecture that we need to devote three pages on honestly I have no idea if these three pages have a point. Danslittlefinger what point do you see to this.

B)

P.S. please everyone this is a light hearted ribbing at a thread that was taken way to seriously.

#83 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

My point is basically this she isn't going to be cast we all know this. She isn't exactly a good actress we all know that. Some find her sexy and want to do things to her (this apparently is a family board I think we all know what "things" mean if you don't i believe most are talking about playing a long game of monoply with her). Some find her repulsive and annoying and want her to go to the same hole the sucked up Danielle Fishel, the cast of Saved by the Bell, and Paulie Shore (why can't Will Ferral go to the same hole.) Are we that depraved for Bond 23 rumour, News, and conjecture that we need to devote three pages on honestly I have no idea if these three pages have a point. Danslittlefinger what point do you see to this.

:tdown:

P.S. please everyone this is a light hearted ribbing at a thread that was taken way to seriously.

??? My remarks were light hearted like everyone else's. I don't think anyone is really taking this seriously are they? I think this thread should be under the Bond 23 rumour one you started tbh. B)

#84 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

??? My remarks were light hearted like everyone else's. I don't think anyone is really taking this seriously are they? I think this thread should be under the Bond 23 rumour one you started tbh. B)

but the weird thumb stuff etc i dunno i don't get it.

#85 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

but the weird thumb stuff etc i dunno i don't get it.

Megan Fox has funky thumbs, it was called light hearted sarcasm.
Personally I think this whole thread is a moot point really and should be relegated to a Trash bin somewhere. People take things way too seriously. No other way to take this subject.

Aftr all we DO have a Bond 23 leading lady thread open.

#86 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

What is wrong with having a pet pig?

Posted Image

#87 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

Posted Image

B)

#88 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

while i wouldnt want to have her in a bond film im sure it would help the movie make more money. just look at what she did for the transformers movies.

#89 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:51 PM

You really think? Seems to me that she's trying too hard.

#90 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

What's wrong with it is it should be minced and served with breakfast, not let sleep in your home.