#62 ChristopherZ22

ChristopherZ22

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

For Your Eyes Only.

I love that cheesy disco music. It is catchy.

#63 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

I guess most posters here know this but most of the footage of Bond turning and firing is the same from movie to movie. It was only reshot if the aspect ratio of the movie was going to be different. I only say this as some people here were being very specific about a certain film's walk or pose when it was infact the same bit of footage as the previous movie's!

I'm sure most people know this. If someone is naming LTK as their favorite gunbarrel than they're doing it for a specific reason, namely music. Just because they might cite the walk too doesnt mean they don't realize it's the same footage, besides, I havent noticed anyone hearing saying they liked the AVTAK gunbarrel because of Moore's walk, or liked DAD over GE because Brosnan walked better in it.

#64 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

The thought just crossed my mind, but there is really no gunbarrel sequence (or even PTS and main title) I didn't like. It's one of those unique aspects which makes Bond so great, you might not adore the entire thing, but you can be sure that a Bond film always has a great start.

#65 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I like the ones where Bond kills a guy.

#66 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

The thought just crossed my mind, but there is really no gunbarrel sequence (or even PTS and main title) I didn't like. It's one of those unique aspects which makes Bond so great, you might not adore the entire thing, but you can be sure that a Bond film always has a great start.

Not necessarily. I personally find the sequence to be rather cheesy and a detriment to the franchise. The only time that I've actually liked the sequence has been in LICENCE TO KILL (where the excellent music and Dalton's walk provided for a sequence that actually got the audience ready for the tone of the film) and QUANTUM OF SOLACE (where the sequence actually meant something). Other than those two films, the gunbarrel sequence has been a rather lame sequence.

#67 Stuart

Stuart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Not necessarily. I personally find the sequence to be rather cheesy and a detriment to the franchise. The only time that I've actually liked the sequence has been in LICENCE TO KILL (where the excellent music and Dalton's walk provided for a sequence that actually got the audience ready for the tone of the film) and QUANTUM OF SOLACE (where the sequence actually meant something). Other than those two films, the gunbarrel sequence has been a rather lame sequence.

Burn the heretic! B)

#68 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:39 AM

I love Goldfinger, DAF, LTK and Goldeneye.

#69 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

TLD has the perfect Gunbarrel for me; followed by SP & TND. The music, the barrel design, the walk and the final pose is perfect (but different) in all of them.

Although, the best one will always be CR, of course... it just doesn't work on its own :P

#70 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

For me, it has to be GoldenEye. Brosnan looks confident, and Eric Serra's take on the Bond theme works so well!