204 replies to this topic

#151 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

I'm back from my hols and will catch up on your latest by the end of the week.

I read Colonel Sun and Ice-Breaker (for the first time) during my days in the sun, and can honestly say, Midas Gold would give them a good run any day.

Well done Harry, chat soon

cheers

Volante

#152 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

JUST A TASTE OF THINGS TO COME:

Spoiler

...With love Harry Fawkes

#153 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

THE MOST VIOLENT FIGHT SCENE EVER IN FANFIC HISTORY IS ABOUT TO HIT THE PAGES OF CBn

TOROSAMI SULIMAN VS JAMES BOND

WILL HE OR WON'T HE?

...RAPE HIM THAT IS!

WOULD I DARE PUT OUR DEAR MR. BOND THROUGH THAT?

READ AND FIND OUT

Harry Fawkes

#154 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

Mmm "Male rape" now that is an area I've not thought to explore in my Fan Fics.
Still a violent fight?

OK Im up for it.

Go Harry Go !

#155 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

MONDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2009

THE FIGHT
OF THE
YEAR
HITS
CBn

There are no keys to Hell...
The door is open to all

Ian Fleming's Masterspy
James Bond
in

MIDASGOLD

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#156 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Courtesy post; to put MidasGold back to the top of the posting list.
Please put the next chapter on early - I cant wait

#157 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

Spoiler

MIDASGOLD

#158 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

There is a violence here that comes from deep within me.
Tis a warning you should heed very seriously gentle reader!
Read carefully and maturely for remember, once you touch Harry Fawkes...

you won't let go.

Let the fight begin!

#159 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

New addition up now.

#160 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

Right, so Chapter 14 is out of my head so I hope you find it shockingly entertaining. And now for the final two chapters - yep, 2 chapters left.

Chapter 15 will be posted on XMAS Eve and I promise you all that it will be the most exciting and powerful part of the story yet. You will be left breathless by the sheer magnitude of the action in it! Bond as you've never seen before!

Chapter 16 & the accompanying Epilogue will then be posted on NEW YEARS Eve and the conclusion of MIDASGOLD will leave you shocked and wanting more, much more...

So, I'll see you then gentle reader mine...

#161 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

CHAPTER 15

A Death for a Life

COMING XMAS EVE

#162 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Arrrrggghhh! Well done Harry, excellent story line.

You really had me worried.

When I put Bond into a "situation" its always different from other characters because Bond cant die (its the rules)
But your plot, was able to put him in a different type of danger, where the outcome was somewhat terrifying.

I can now "unclench" go go for dinner.

#163 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

Notes on Chapters Twelve and Thirteen:

The action in Chapter Twelve is good, fast-moving and brutal, but I actually prefer your Chapter Thirteen. The shifts in focus, from Faulkes' perspective on the combat, to Bond and Ysabelle's interrogation (shown from their separate viewpoints), to the reintroduction of young James, have all been handled very well. This shift between settings, characters, and points of view is more easily done on film; it's more difficult to cut back and forth within the structure of a single written chapter, and it's been well handled. As before, your portrayal of Nakamuro is very effective.

Looking forward to the final chapters!

#164 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

Somebody once wrote that most men can no more look death in the face than the sun at midday.

There comes a time in everyman's life when he reaches the end of his long and winding road; where all his ‘escape routes’ are coldly and remorselessly closed off and death closes in upon him with that cold and pitiless smile on her white face...

That is the moment of absolute confrontation and the one moment of complete and utter definition of man’s character.

How we face that death defines who and what we are, how we lived and how ultimately we will die...

Such a time for James Bond is almost upon him and although there are certain 'rules' when it comes to the incredible world of Ian Fleming's masterspy, I warn those who have joined me throughout my own personal view of his world that I have my own set of rules: that of having none!

So, gentle reader, if you intend to continue finishing this violent tale, allow me to warn you:

Expect the unexpected!

Is that giving the game away?

No, I think not.

COMING SOON

CHAPTER 15

THE MOST DEFINING MOMENT
IN
JAMES BOND'S
LIFE

By

HARRYFAWKES

XMAS EVE

#165 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

JAMES BOND IN HIS DEADLIEST ASSIGNMENT EVER

HARRYFAWKES’
MIDASGOLD

Bond drank some of his Scotch.
‘Information, sir?’ he asked.
‘One of Nakamuro’s shipments of drugs will be leaving Italy sometime next month,’ M told him and puffed on his pipe. ‘Destination UK.’
‘I see.’
‘Now Sir Raymond Valance has asked for my help and I’ve accepted.’ M told him. ‘I want you to locate and stop that shipment from reaching its destination. Simple as that. I know its run-of-the-mill stuff, but until the Switzerland affair is over I want you out of JIC’s way. Clear?’
Bond nodded.
‘I trust Grazianizi will give me the relevant details when I get there.’
‘He’s already been informed you’ll be on the job.’
‘When do I leave?’
M looked sternly across at Bond.
‘Hope you haven’t made any plans for this week-end, James.’
‘As a matter of fact, sir, I haven’t.’

The race against the clock has begun.
Betrayal, conspiracies, murder and high adventure.

JAMES BOND IS BACK!

One of the most sadistic villains to ever grace the pages of Fan Fiction is seeking to plague the United Kingdom and Europe with over half a billion dollars worth of a new designer drug simply called KOGANE - GOLD.
How he’s going to smuggle it in is a mystery that has the major international Security Services baffled and up in arms.

I can assure you, gentlemen, that ‘GOLDMINE’ is foolproof. You need a supply and distribution badly and my organisation can handle that fully. At this moment in time though, how I get it to your sellers in the UK and mainland Europe will have to remain my business. Having said that, you have my word that I can and will deliver.

James Bond finds a willing accomplice in the shape of a beautiful Roman called Ysabelle Valentina and with her help he embarks on a game of death to get to the heart of one of his most dangerous adversaries’ operation – a man with the devil’s eyes and the touch of death.

JAMES BOND IS BACK IN HIS ULTIMATE ADVENTURE

From the icy mountains and freezing cold of Switzerland to the beautiful and eternal city of Rome, Ian Fleming’s masterspy finds himself reeling and at the mercy of the man called Shiseido Kogane – Midas Gold – and with each revelation comes another twist, another turn in the plot, which will leave the reader simply breathless!

Exciting, fast-paced and sadistically sexy

Harry Fawkes is at his best!

From his stunning success with

NOBODY CHEATS DEATH
TROUBLESHOOTER
THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE

IAN FLEMING’S MASTERSPY IS BACK

#166 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

Spoiler

THE END IS NEAR

A Death for a Life

XMAS DAY

#167 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Every man reaches the end of his road and that time has finally come for
James Bond 007

His sheer human courage will struggle hard against the insidious odds as his life hangs by a thread

This Christmas, only one man can stop the rising tide of evil called Midas Gold - and his price is death

James Bond is back in action

This Christmas belongs to

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#168 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

TEASERS ANYONE...BE MY GUEST AND ENJOY:

Spoiler

THE BEST IS YET TO COME
MIDASGOLD

#169 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, that's Chaptr 15 posted and should be up for viewing by tomorrow. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I did and that's saying something. I really enjoyed writing this Chapter. I thought it was going to be harder but heck it wasn't. I set deadlines in order not to become lazy and therefore have something to urge me on and all that. Anyway enough blowing my horn. I posted early cause I've got a plane to catch tomorrow morning. Hopefully all will be fine. Please allow me to wish you a Merry Christmas now as I doubt I'll be able to in the coming days. Keep safe and if you go out do not drink and drive and always watch your backs. Say a prayer to your God for all those people who won't be with their famillies during the festive season either because they've left us or are fighting in some remote war torn place. Life is a wonderfull thing, no matter how hard it can get sometimes and James Bond makes it even better:)

Anyway, see you soon and good night and may your God bless you.

Harry Fawkes

Oh yeah, by the way:-

Spoiler

#170 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:11 AM

New addition up now.

#171 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS!
CHAPTER 16 IS PACKED WITH MORE ACTION
AND
NERVE-SHATTERING SUSPENSE
AND
EXCITEMENT
THAN ANYTHING
YOU'VE READ
SO FAR!

FULL-ON ACTION NON STOP!

CHILLING, FAST PACED AND LOADED
WITH AN ENDING
THAT’LL HIT YOU FULL IN THE FACE LIKE A BLAST

THE FINAL CHAPTER

THE LAST FEW PAGES

THAT LAST MOUNTAIN

JAMES BOND
AT HIS FINEST & FINAL MOMENT

NEW YEARS DAY

#172 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello from my London hotel, nice and warm in bed, enjoying the beauty of it all. Half a bottle of bubbly downed already and I've just realized that I've been at this Fan Fic novel for the past year now. Midas Gold! Where that title came from only God knows:)

One year continuously on the go to finish it by New Years day 2010. And by Odin's eye I will, and that's a fact.

It's been nice building up this story and guiding Mr. Bond through all the sticky situations I came up with to test the bastard. Oh, I know, I know, I'm just playing here. But what a game! Pretending to be a first class author commissioned to continue the Bond series.

Fantastic!

And where else if not CBn.

Four Fan Fic novels. Four Bond stories that have satisfied the hell out of me. Putting them together was a feat, to say the least. Scene after scene, danger after danger. The 'oh, B)' moments where you hit your head against the wall 'cause you've put Bond in a situation that is too complicated to get him out, let alone contemplate it. Arrgh! how many times I've tossed and turned at night playing those scenes in my head.

To be truthful though it was bloody worth it though. Damn, it was worth it. I rather like Midas Gold the best out of them. Don't know why. The thing came naturally somehow more than the others.

Now I know it's just fan fiction and no one is going to sue me for either plagiarism or copyright infringement or whatever the hell it's called because that would be taking it too seriously, but heck, I'm sure you'll all agree that the effort was good and that given an expert hand, who knows the story itself could, just could, be up there with the other official Bond stories. I don't write or try to write in Fleming's style, mind (I wouldn't know how even if I wanted to). But my hero is the great John Gardner and the way he went about his Bond novels.

Anyway, all this is down to too much bubbly this evening so please don't take any notice of me.

Luv ya loads and just to keep the pace up here's a little teaser for your eyes only:

Spoiler

Love and kisses a very drunk Harry Fawkes

#173 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:07 AM

Dear Very Drunk Harry,
Your four novels all flow nicely and I haven't found any of the situations to feel contrived, he gets in and out of trouble in believable ways. Keep up the good work, I, for one, enjoy the hell out of them!

#174 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Dear Very Drunk Harry,
Your four novels all flow nicely and I haven't found any of the situations to feel contrived, he gets in and out of trouble in believable ways. Keep up the good work, I, for one, enjoy the hell out of them!

Me to Im a big fan, Midas Gold rocks

#175 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

Hey, it is New Years Day. Where is my final chapter? B)

Keep up the good work, Harry - I look forward to the wrap-up when you get done partying.

#176 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:21 PM

First of all, I would like to apologies for the delay in posting the final chapter of MIDASGOLD.
It wasn't due to the partying (although I must say party I did - and heck what a party!).
No.
The main reason was I wanted to give something that was worthy of your readership:) That's right.
I wanted to come up with something that would really have you clinging onto the edge of your seats; and strictly speaking I really believe I have come up with the goods.
The ending I had actually written was good, but being in the army and all, I wanted it better!
Primarily I wanted to up the action and emotion slightly, which my original draft lacked to tell you the truth.
Obviously this is all subjective in that to me it is good enough to post.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it though. I have a knack for these things.
So, brace yourselves gentle readers, for the ultimate chapter of MIDASGOLD. I guarantee it'll blast you right out of your seats...

Oh and by the way: Happy, happy New Year.

Harry Fawkes

#177 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

COMING THIS WEEK

EPILOGUE

#178 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:59 PM

New addition up now.

#179 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

Thanks Harry, it is my next read - and much anticipated!

#180 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

No prob, Double-O-7. However, I would like to point out that if my readers out there think that Chapter 16 is it, then please think again because the buck stops with the EPILOGUE and the action just keeps on rolling. It should be ready by thursday evening and that will wrap it up once and for all with a befitting conclusion.

Oh and I've given the EPILOGUE a 'Sub title':

IT ALL ENDS HERE

So see you all then...

Harry Fawkes