danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

http://www.dailymail...mini-dress.html
Posted Image

I don't think Megan Fox is Bond girl material not even Lara Croft material..I did read she even states she "looks like a hooker'. B)
Fancy that.

#32 Gustav Graves

Gustav Graves

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

Exactly...and that was not the aim of my topic. No hookers please (I have seen a bit too much big breasts in this topic. And those were not my pictures B)). And tatoos on females? Sorry, not my cup of tea! Stylish original looking females are more welcome in this topic though.

PS: Carice van Houten would never visit that ghastly MTV Movie Awards. If there's one thing I don't like, it is connecting Bond too much with the MTV generation.

Edited by Gustav Graves, 01 June 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#33 Gustav Graves

Gustav Graves

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Okay, to kick it off: I am gay :tdown:. So I don't give a B) about big boobs and other elements that make a Bond girl hot and sexy (allthough this still is important).

No offense, but this is one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard. Bond girls are essential to the Bond film lore, and they've practically defined "sex" for the last nearly fifty years. Many of them aren't even essential to the stories, so if you can't admire them sexually, they become rather unnecessary. To me, this is like someone saying, "I don't give a :tdown: about action in Bond movies."

How dare you to bring action in this topic, when we are discussing Bond girls. You just miss my point. Basically you say you want to have Bond girls with....nothing more than big boobs? Frankly, I can understand now why so many actresses say 'No' to the Bond girl role. Of course men are sexistic. But Ian Fleming did not write the role of Camille. He did wrote the complex females bearing the names Vesper and Tracy.

Sexism was necessary in the sixties, because no-other films were doing that. But having only brainless barbie dolls in a 2010 Bond film is NOT my idea of a Bond film. Bond films should be trendsetters, not shameless trend-followers.

#34 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

Exactly...and that was not the aim of my topic. No hookers please (I have seen a bit too much big breasts in this topic. And those were not my pictures :tdown:). And tatoos on females? Sorry, not my cup of tea! Stylish original looking females are more welcome in this topic though.

PS: Carice van Houten would never visit that ghastly MTV Movie Awards. If there's one thing I don't like, it is connecting Bond too much with the MTV generation.

I quite agree but posted the Fox pics to prove my point. :tdown:

To me Eva Green was the the best and will remain the icon to live up to. B)

This subject was discussed before somewhere and honestly, I couldn't see Craig giving his OK with women utilized that "sixties' way anymore and couldn't see any decent actress wanting to be.

On that note though, Olga and Gemma were ok to look at but their acting skills were quite horrendous.
I'm sure EoN and Craig would like that to be No 1 priority, if not it should be.

#35 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:56 AM

Okay, to kick it off: I am gay :tdown:. So I don't give a B) about big boobs and other elements that make a Bond girl hot and sexy (allthough this still is important).

No offense, but this is one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard. Bond girls are essential to the Bond film lore, and they've practically defined "sex" for the last nearly fifty years. Many of them aren't even essential to the stories, so if you can't admire them sexually, they become rather unnecessary. To me, this is like someone saying, "I don't give a :tdown: about action in Bond movies."

How dare you to bring action in this topic, when we are discussing Bond girls. You just miss my point. Basically you say you want to have Bond girls with....nothing more than big boobs? Frankly, I can understand now why so many actresses say 'No' to the Bond girl role. Of course men are sexistic. But Ian Fleming did not write the role of Camille. He did wrote the complex females bearing the names Vesper and Tracy.

Sexism was necessary in the sixties, because no-other films were doing that. But having only brainless barbie dolls in a 2010 Bond film is NOT my idea of a Bond film. Bond films should be trendsetters, not shameless trend-followers.

You missed my point, as well. I didn't say that brains were not necessary, I tried to point out that sexuality is just as important. That may sound shallow, but that's the way it's always been with the Bond films.

#36 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

The gay guy is always going to opt for femininity over tits and B)!

#37 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

How about someone like Emily Mortimer for Moneypenny?
Posted Image

#38 Manticore

Manticore

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

How about someone like Emily Mortimer for Moneypenny?
Posted Image

Waow ! Very clever ! I'm 100% ok ! B)

Edited by Manticore, 02 June 2009 - 12:33 PM.

#39 Gustav Graves

Gustav Graves

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

The gay guy is always going to opt for femininity over tits and B)!

Yes, gay guys always do this and that.

#40 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Okay, to kick it off: I am gay :). So I don't give a B) about big boobs and other elements that make a Bond girl hot and sexy (allthough this still is important).

Forgive me, but actually it strikes me that it's your post that is bizarre, since what you seem to be suggesting is that because the original poster is gay (as am I), he's incapable of appreciating the Bond girls for their sexuality. It doesn't work like that. I can recognise a sexually attractive woman, just as I'm sure straight blokes can admire a sexually attractive man (it's just that most of 'em haven't got the balls to admit it... :) ). Surely, all GG was meaning was that he's looking beyond the superficial elements he cites in his appreciation of the Bond girls.

The gay guy is always going to opt for femininity over tits and :tdown:!

What's truly hilrarious is how many straight guys - no matter how hideous - assume gay guys are after them and want to cop off with them. It doesn't quite work like that...

#41 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

There is a big difference between gay men and straight men....three pints usually.

#42 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

There is a big difference between gay men and straight men....three pints usually.

In my experience, it's six pints of lager. Maybe I need to sharpen up my seduction techniques... B)

#43 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Sexism was necessary in the sixties, because no-other films were doing that. But having only brainless barbie dolls in a 2010 Bond film is NOT my idea of a Bond film.

To be fair, we haven't really seen any "brainless barbie dolls" in a Craig film so far, at least not in major roles (not sure if Le Chiffre's girlfriend even counts as a Bond girl), and I hope, and think, that trend will continue. Many of my female friends certainly appreciate this, and I hope the producers/writers have learned from earlier mistakes by now (Sutton, Christmas Jones, etc.).

#44 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

The real problem is all of my bond girl suggestions many assume are big boob dumb bimbos but Hilary Duff, and Amanda Bynes are in my opnion good actresses.

and if they diversified a bit many would agree.

#45 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

Sexism was necessary in the sixties, because no-other films were doing that. But having only brainless barbie dolls in a 2010 Bond film is NOT my idea of a Bond film.

To be fair, we haven't really seen any "brainless barbie dolls" in a Craig film so far, at least not in major roles (not sure if Le Chiffre's girlfriend even counts as a Bond girl), and I hope, and think, that trend will continue. Many of my female friends certainly appreciate this, and I hope the producers/writers have learned from earlier mistakes by now (Sutton, Christmas Jones, etc.).

To be fair, most of the leading "Bond girls" in the past 20+ years have been written as intelligent characters. Sometimes it just gets messed up in the casting department (denise Richards). The Solange character from CR was basically there for Bond to have a fling. She was supposed to be a bimbo, but they cast someone who not only could play the part, but stunningly beautiful enough to excite straight men, gay men and I would dare to say straight women B)

#46 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

If the 23rd is set in Asia, then I continue to hold hope for Yukie Nakama.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I've seen her in drama and comedy, which she handles exceedingly well. She is an accomplished actress with a versatile range.

Oh, I almost forgot, she also has that feature that Fleming seemed to be so enamored of, a "wide, generous mouth".

#47 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

To be fair, most of the leading "Bond girls" in the past 20+ years have been written as intelligent characters. Sometimes it just gets messed up in the casting department (denise Richards). The Solange character from CR was basically there for Bond to have a fling. She was supposed to be a bimbo, but they cast someone who not only could play the part, but stunningly beautiful enough to excite straight men, gay men and I would dare to say straight women B)

Good point.

#48 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

I usually stop at two! B) :tdown:

*opens the fridge*

#49 Manticore

Manticore

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Summer Glau for me. "The Property of a Lady", the head of Q...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Manticore, 04 June 2009 - 12:12 PM.

#50 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Summer Glau for me. "The Property of a Lady", the head of Q...

Posted ImagePosted Image

OMG i'm agreeing with a poster hoooray

I would prefer Summer glau as a good bond girl.

Perhaps a master thief (ala Connie webb in the doomed third Dalton Bond film)

#51 Fox Allan

Fox Allan

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Boobies! Did someone say Boobies?

What I would like to really see is an actress who close to the age of who ever is playing Bond. There is trend in movie to always stick an established middle age actor with the current young starlet. It just look silly to me.

#52 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Boobies! Did someone say Boobies?

What I would like to really see is an actress who close to the age of who ever is playing Bond. There is trend in movie to always stick an established middle age actor with the current young starlet. It just look silly to me.

Hi Fox glad to see you welcome to CBN.

I'm on the fence with the age of the bond girl I feel younger could work in certain situations (I still say i would be cool to have a daughter of a member of Quantum be the main bond girl a sort of Talia Al ghul for the bond franchise a woman torn between her love and loyalty to her father and this man who she is faling in love with goals she deems similar to her father but ultiamtly opposes her father) I feel in that are early to mid 20's works perfectly anything beyond that is a stretch (which is why Mrs bynnes shows up in my fan art) B)

#53 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

Speaking as a straight woman (not that my sexual orientation really matters), I did find Caterina Murino to be extraordinarily beautiful in that role, and also quite believable as a rather silly Bond woman who wasn't a brainless bimbo. It was clear that she'd made her choices in life, and she understood that those choices had consequences. Still, she didn't deserve what Le Chiffre did to her (no one did), and in the end that made her a sympathetic character, for me.

By the way: I only just now realized that she and Gemma Arterton were in a film together (2007's "St. Trinian's"). Two similarly doomed sacrificial lambs in two consecutive Bond films, with the film they're in together sandwiched in between the two Bond films. Has that ever happened before?

#54 draxingtonstanley

draxingtonstanley

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I have to say I think Samantha Morton would be fantastic in a Bond film,although probably too much of a big name.

But for me she has all the requisite sex appeal,intelligence and acting ability.
Not to mention charisma.

She could be on the side of 'right and virtue' or oh boy what a villainess she would make.

Bit of a dunderhead with computers so can't post a pic to illustrate my point. Sorry.

#55 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

What was that girls name, who was rumored for Vesper prior to the Eva Green announcement? English, I think. She was in Casanova with David Tennant. I think it was Rose Byrne - I'll just look her up.

Yes, I was right. Except about the English thing - she's Australian. Anyway, I always liked that casting idea - would like to see her. She's established, but not yet a household name. And it's just my opinion, but I reckon she can act.

#56 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

I actually would like to see Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck as a secondary Bond girl. Perhaps if a BOnd movie takes place in Australia (she is Australian)

Strahovski would be fantastic as a Bond girl. She's definitely one of the most talented actresses currently on TV, and she's one of my top two choices to be a Bond girl in the next couple of films (Olivia Wilde being the other).

Posted Image

#57 lechero

lechero

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

As much as I like Chuck, Strahovski is just not a good actress. I don't want to see her in a Bond movie.

#58 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

I have to say I think Samantha Morton would be fantastic in a Bond film,although probably too much of a big name.

But for me she has all the requisite sex appeal,intelligence and acting ability.
Not to mention charisma.

She could be on the side of 'right and virtue' or oh boy what a villainess she would make.

Bit of a dunderhead with computers so can't post a pic to illustrate my point. Sorry.

Here are a couple:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

I actually would like to see Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck as a secondary Bond girl. Perhaps if a BOnd movie takes place in Australia (she is Australian)

Strahovski would be fantastic as a Bond girl. She's definitely one of the most talented actresses currently on TV, and she's one of my top two choices to be a Bond girl in the next couple of films (Olivia Wilde being the other).

Posted Image

Maybe it's the dress but that image just called to mind:

Posted Image

Not saying she'd be a bad Bond girl. Honestly I've not seen her in anything, as far as I know. Just a random observation.

#60 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wow, that's quite an amazing similarity there, Tybre!