188 replies to this topic

#151 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Be careful with this train stuff though, don't let it get too far in the foreground; we don't want audiences fleeing the screenings in terror.

A drunk doing a double take is good though. Some light relief whilst people get their gin from the foyer.

#152 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

If I were to suggest Nolan as director, it wouldn't be because of his batman films, it would be because one, he's British, two, he's a Bond fan, three, he's a very talented director and 4, mommento.

#153 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

'I enjoy the Bond movies, always have and always will, but I have no plans to direct one.'

#154 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Wasn't this rumoir shot down yesterday by this?

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0696687/

#155 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Yes but bond 23 rumours are few and far between these days. I would love for some bond 23 NEWS. but C'est la vie. I think in a few week we will get a rumour of a bit more substance.

#156 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Yes. That is included in the above article. The statement to WENN was referrenced in that IMDb link.

#157 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Yep, I posted that link in this thread two days ago but it was still something to give people something to talk about.

#158 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Admittedly I'm repeating myself, there but still seems to be some misconceptions about this story. No article has actually stated that an offer was made to Boyle to direct BOND 23, simply that the producers were considering him - which is probably true, given that they are aiming high for directors these days. In that respect, this is pretty much a non-story. For all we know, an official offer will be given to Boyle in the next few weeks, and he will accept (although this is clearly unlikely in the extreme).

#159 honour

honour

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:34 AM

"I chose NOT to drink a Vesper martini.Who needs reasons when you're a British Secret Agent?" :)

(yes,I've seenTrainspotting a few times. :()

I like Boyle, but I think it was a slow rumor day at the Sun for them to publish such an article.

#160 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

His saying he wasn't interested is the biggest non-surprise. Nice of him to say a few positive words, at least.

Shouldn't whoever is doing the next theme rumors be making the rounds about now?

#161 honour

honour

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:53 AM

Yeah, nice that he was complimentary, even though he's not going to do it. For a second, fans of Boyle and Bond were excited.'Till they realised it wasn't happening,that is.

#162 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

I am curious to see how the next 2 weeks will pan out if we will get more rumours of bond 23 or not. I'm still waiting for the sun to release that bond 23 is risico and the Sean Connery and Al pachino are involved and playing gay lovers rumours.

#163 scottish peasant

scottish peasant

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

Loved Shallow Grave.

Trainspotting was OK.

28 Days Later was great.

Slumdog was overrated, but clever in the updating of Dickensian story telling.

I'd personally like to see a character study, much more along the lines of the Moonraker book (I like the little details of Bond's daily life and noir-ish detective story). MF could have pulled that off if he had been chosen further into the reboot films, but definitely having to come right on the heels of CR.

Perhaps Boyle could pull this off, but if he opts for all action, shaky camera work and quick cuts it will only further the Bourne comparisons. But then again, that type of story wouldn't support that style, so...

#164 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:46 AM

The only movie of his I've seen is SUNSHINE and enjoyed it so I would have had no objections to Danny directing Danny in a Bond movie.

#165 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Does it matter? CBn's not allowed to post an article a day after the story was posted on IMDb?

The people who comprise the CBn Team have lives outside this site. Give them a break.

#166 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

I think he meant more in the context of wondering why people are still discussing Danny Boyle as being a serious potential directorial candidate despite his having already shot down the prospect of doing BOND 23, as opposed to questioning the punctuality of CB.n staff.

#167 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Quite. And since when did IMDb become some Biblical archive of all that is correct and current about film? It's a joke. It's only current because people put things on there from other sites and news services. It is far from being used or even perceived as some industry standard.

And they won't even get my details right, the swines!!

#168 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Quite. And since when did IMDb become some Biblical archive of all that is correct and current about film? It's a joke. It's only current because people put things on there from other sites and news services. It is far from being used or even perceived as some industry standard.

Actually, I'm more concerned about the origin of it: The Sun, a newspaper we all know to be slanderous when it isn't outright lying. But people still took it seriously because hey, we'd like to see Danny Boyle do a Bond film! That'd be great! So let's ignore the history of the paper reporting it and its habit of inventing news to sell copies because it's telling us what we want to hear!

#169 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Actually, I'm more concerned about the origin of it: The Sun, a newspaper we all know to be slanderous when it isn't outright lying. But people still took it seriously because hey, we'd like to see Danny Boyle do a Bond film! That'd be great! So let's ignore the history of the paper reporting it and its habit of inventing news to sell copies because it's telling us what we want to hear!

It happens every time a baseless rumour comes out that is actually something Bond would do well to see happen for real. But when it's rubbishy actresses saying they are the next 007 girl none of us take any notice of a story that is as unfounded as this Boyle one. Papers print what they want.

I'm waiting for Frido Pinto being the next actress rumour....I'd put money on that one...(but again - it would not be a bad move for Bond, so hence it will get airtime and oxygen on sites such as this - true or not).

#170 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

D[censored] it! I would so like to have seen what Boyle could have done with the Bond franchise. Oh, well. Maybe later perhaps??? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. :(

#171 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

It happens every time a baseless rumour comes out that is actually something Bond would do well to see happen for real. But when it's rubbishy actresses saying they are the next 007 girl none of us take any notice of a story that is as unfounded as this Boyle one. Papers print what they want.

I'm waiting for Frido Pinto being the next actress rumour....I'd put money on that one...(but again - it would not be a bad move for Bond, so hence it will get airtime and oxygen on sites such as this - true or not).

Even bad moves get discusion

Search On the Quantum of Solace board for the olsen twins. 2 pages on that Obviously untrue and frankly stupid rumour!

#172 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

Most rumours seem stupid in retrospect. Having said that, as Bond fans we have to be prepared for anything, no matter how ridiculous it may sound. For instance, "Madonna to cameo as Bond's fencing instructor" would scream tabloid trash. Alas, sadly not.

#173 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

This is true. Which is why I treat Jennifer Aniston's comment with an open mind as is it Possible yes probable we'll see. Plus it's fun to discuss rumours and things will get really interesting when tabloids begin saying bond 23 is definitly "risico" or "The Hildebrand Rarity" then we'll really get to have fun and argue is this true/possible or not.

#174 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

Which is why I treat Jennifer Aniston's comment with an open mind as is it Possible yes probable we'll see.

Jennifer Aniston as a Bond girl.... :( No, please. (Tabloid rumor, thank god!)

#175 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Anniston is better then the usualy tabloid fair associated to 007 (olsen twins Al Pachino etc) Not ideal (I'd prefer Jessica biel who nearly got a job in QOS) we'll see all i'm saying is hopefully the next few months will have lots of bond 23 rumours and news.

#176 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Anniston is better then the usualy tabloid fair associated to 007 (olsen twins Al Pachino etc)

I disagree with the statement that Jennifer Aniston is better than Al Pacino.

#177 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Anniston is better then the usualy tabloid fair associated to 007 (olsen twins Al Pachino etc)

In which event are they competing?

#178 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

FIne I still say anniston is better then the twins.

and i hear they are both in Celebrity gladiators :(

#179 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

It was a contest to see which one of them would look better in Princess Leia's slave girl bikini.

Aniston was declared the eventual winner. But Big Al ran her a close second.

#180 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

It was a contest to see which one of them would look better in Princess Leia's slave girl bikini.

Aniston was declared the eventual winner. But Big Al ran her a close second.

And Judo Chop was not even in the top 10. Too hairy.