This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

No Way In Hell I'm Gonna Wait 3 Years For Bond 23!

122 replies to this topic

#31 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

we really have a case of 2 time tables for bond 23

Daniel Criag is saying "we're ready to move foward we're ready to go" January is the start date for writing everything seems gearing up for a 2010 release

and everyone lattches on to 2 small minor lines about possibly a spring 2011 release and suddenly "it's 3 years till the next one"

am i the only one confused?

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 15 December 2008 - 01:16 AM.

#32 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

Here are some tips:

1) Erase all your Bond games, play them again and get 100% on everyone.

2) Watch every James Bond film, one or two every month.

3) Buy Quantum of Solace and watch it

4) Go to a friend's house with Blu-Ray player and watch every available Bond movie.

5) Read the novels

Repeat this easy steps the times necessary and when you notice it'll be November 2010.

Oh and it'll be $10 for this tips.

Edited by BlackFire, 15 December 2008 - 01:37 AM.

#33 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

I still say there is realy no evidence for a 2011 release.

#34 mister-white

mister-white

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Well, Mickey G. said it COULD be 2011, but that was an estimate, he did say that they would be starting work early in '09. Which I would think means that if they come up with a story and find a director by the summer, they could have preproduction finished at the end of '09, and then have a start date the usual January, and have the thing out like late November or early December 2010. But what I think it'll all come down to is what MGM has to say. Plus, if they went at the end of 2010, it would easily set up a 50th anniversary film in 2012, which a 2011 release would screw up.

#35 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

I see no legistic reason why bond 23 can't be out in 2010. I mean if say they were starting the pre prodcution work in march then i could easily understand it.

I mean Michael G Wilson and Barbra Brocci Have a general idea where they wanna go with bond 23. They have multi film criminal orgnization. They have a great bond. It's not impossible to do Bond in time for 2010.

and it wouldn't even be rushed I think part of the problem with Quantum of Solace was Marc Forester didn't like Purivs and wade's orignal story line (which was rumoured to take elemnts from a few of the short stories) so they esentially had to change things up and start from scratch.

It would be interesrting to see how muhc of Purvis and Wade's orignal draft got into Quantum of Solace and how much might make it into bond 23.

Again untill i see an offical dat i'm assuming bond 23 will comeout Fall 2010 winter 2011 roughly 2 years from now. the only reason to wait would be to try a spring bond which i could see as working but it would make better sense to try it with bond 24 though that would require working on bond 24 now so they can do a summer 2012 release and i don't think the producers or Craig himself wants to do that.

#36 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

http://www.tmz.com/v...89-f33d7dede9b6

well was sighted in NY earlier today and was seen, according to the NY Daily Pst, reading a NON bond script on the plane over..

don't believe them, scouting places for Bond 23.. :(

(well I'd like to think so) :)

#37 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:12 PM

I admire you young guns for your determination to see Bond 23 within the next 18 months, but, being the rebellious sort, yours truly is going to make a stand and wait until the film comes out. That'll show 'em.

#38 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

They passed 2007, but they cant pass 2012, 50 years of 007! So Bond 24 in 2012, and Bond 23 in 2010.

#39 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

i'm not rebelious I'm just calling like i see it. if the fans can come up with a script and ideas etc for bond 23 in only a matter of days/weeks the producers should be abler to come up (with the script writers) a general script for bond 23 in 3 months. and then it's all like dominoes everything falling nicely into place.

#40 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

I'm not gonna wait three freakin' years, either!!

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do!

I'm gonna...

...Crap. I guess I'm gonna wait for three years.

Exactly. Like any of us have a freakin' choice.

Hey, at least there's BOURNE 4 (THE BOURNE FALLACY) in 2010!

#41 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

I'm not gonna wait three freakin' years, either!!

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do!

I'm gonna...

...Crap. I guess I'm gonna wait for three years.

Exactly. Like any of us have a freakin' choice.

Hey, at least there's BOURNE 4 (THE BOURNE FALLACY) in 2010!

We don't have a choice bond 23 is coming in 2010.

#42 Daylights

Daylights

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

There are a few reasons why EON probably won't make the November 2010 release:

1) They were doing post production on CR and pre production on Bond 22 (which later became QoS) at the same time back in 2006. This time they haven't even got started on Bond 23, which means they are approximately two months "behind".

2) The film rights are to be taken from Sony and given back to MGM again. This process will probably take some time, too.

My guess is 2011, perhaps not November as usual, but early or midyear. And for the records, I really look forward to see them make up for the quite sucking Bond movie Quantum of Solace.

#43 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

Do stop wishing your lives away, people. It's only a film. Please value your time more.

#44 JackWade

JackWade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

i'm not rebelious I'm just calling like i see it. if the fans can come up with a script and ideas etc for bond 23 in only a matter of days/weeks the producers should be abler to come up (with the script writers) a general script for bond 23 in 3 months. and then it's all like dominoes everything falling nicely into place.

No dude. They aren't even close to being the same. Coming up with a quick outline for fan-fiction is nothing even remotely close to fleshing out a a story for a feature film.

#45 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

You could try storing yourself in the fridge for three years.

#46 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

Do stop wishing your lives away, people. It's only a film. Please value your time more.

I'm sorry, Jim, I can't do it. Bond 23 is devastatingly important to me. I've thought long and hard about whether I should stroll into a cinema tomorrow and watch Bond 23, and I've come to the conclusion that I will take the high road and sit tight until they've actually made the film. EON will not see my money until the film is finished and on general release. You may think me crazy to adopt such a nonsensical attitude but that's what being a Bond fan is all about.

#47 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

As posted MWM has said, they will throw around ideas starting january and they wouldn´t do that, if they wanted the film in 2011 and also DC can read NON Bond scripts as much as he wants, as he can and already did throw in a movie or two in between till the end of the next year.

Edited by Germanlady, 21 December 2008 - 01:40 PM.

#48 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

There are a few reasons why EON probably won't make the November 2010 release:

1) They were doing post production on CR and pre production on Bond 22 (which later became QoS) at the same time back in 2006. This time they haven't even got started on Bond 23, which means they are approximately two months "behind".

2) The film rights are to be taken from Sony and given back to MGM again. This process will probably take some time, too.

My guess is 2011, perhaps not November as usual, but early or midyear. And for the records, I really look forward to see them make up for the quite sucking Bond movie Quantum of Solace.

Regarding 1, Purvis and Wade came up with a Bond 22 script that was apparently almost entirely ditched. Then there were set backs because of the writers strike. These are two obstacles the next Bond film would likely not face.

Besides, Two years is plenty of time IMO. Just look at the 60s where they had Dr No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball all released in sequential years and I think most people are happy with how those films turned out.

The real question is do the film makers want to get working right away or regroup and recuperate?

#49 Bond... Raybond

Bond... Raybond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

I'm sure that this has been mentioned elsewhere - but another reason for possibly havig to wait for 2011 is that there could be an actors strike next. The SAG contract is already finished and the union has called a vote on strike action. The result on this ballot should be known early next year. The uncertainty over the strike has apparently already affected productions for next year. I certainly hope for a 2010 release as well (speaking as one who enjoyed QOS) because my fear is that a longer hiatus will upset the rhythm of production.

As an aside, with all the advances in post-production etc, I find it surprising that two years is the minimum for getting an action film scripted, prepped, cast, shot and produced. Get good central idea and the rest should flow quite easily.

However as rightly said, we are powerless in this matter. We can only sit and wait.

#50 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

No dude. They aren't even close to being the same. Coming up with a quick outline for fan-fiction is nothing even remotely close to fleshing out a a story for a feature film.

your right for profesionals it should be even EASIER. Wilson and Brocci have a general idea for bond 23. all the wrters need to do is take the general idea (bond finding out more about Quantum the inclusion of either Q or Moneypenny, and quantum's head possibly being revealed) and turning it into a script.

#51 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

There's a solution to all of this. Write and film two movies back to back. So we have a solid script in summer of 2011, and then a continuation film to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Bond in November 2012. That gives a very manageable 2 1/2 year wait, followed by an 18 month hiatus.

Plus after having missed 2007 and the 30th anniversary in 1992, I think the Bond producers are cognizant of celebrating the 50th anniversary.

Especially if they cast Sean Connery as Dr. Guntram Shatterhand!

#52 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

My solution to keep us swimming in the Craig/Bond universe while we wait for Bond 23.

#53 Trey

Trey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

To get back to the topic

I would hate a 3 year break, but I'd rather have that than a 2 year break resulting in a bad film (not that I'm saying 2 year breaks always produce bad films, just saying I'd rather they take the time to make sure they have it all sorted out)

Yeah, look how screwed we got this year...

Just stating my opinion :(

#54 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Well remember the 3 year wait between TMWTGG and TSWLM, it's not so bad.

The 3,4 and 6 year waits have all been caused becuase of problems with studios, legal battles with McClory etc, etc.

Surely if EON and Sony keep clean then they won't be anything to stop them from releasing them every 2 years.

It was 4 years between DAD and CR but that was mainly becuase producers were in a brain freeze and a dilemma. It had took 4 years to get Bond back on track. Now Craig is firmly established as Bond, and they are getting down to earth and the series is popular as ever, surely it would be just a smooth run.

I didn't realise this. This might cause some problems. Why are Sony giving MGM the rights back. Surely Bond has been huge impact for Sony/Columbia

#55 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

I know it's harder but I'd rather wait until Nov 2010 or even summer 2011. CR had so much pre production and it came out to be a very well done and enjoyable film. To me everything about Quantum seemed rushed. Chris Nolan had a year to edit Batman, not that we need that long but I'll be patient if it's going to be a great film.

#56 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

There is some person spreading the rumour that Bond 23 is half finished and that it will start filming in 2009.

I won't tell you where this "info" comes from, but suffice it to say, my source told me it came from a crappy website.

Indeed, I'm regretting this post as I'm writing it. :(

Yes slow day for me. :)

Edited by danslittlefinger, 23 December 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#57 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

There is some person spreading the rumour that Bond 23 is half finished and that it will start filming in 2009.

I won't tell you where this "info" comes from, but suffice it to say, my source told me it came from a crappy website.

I must admit i'm intrigued where is this info. I thought I was the only one who knew all sorts of odd rumours (when i'm bored I go to yahoo or google and type in "risico 2010" or "the hildebrand rarity 2010" etc it's a fun way to kill time.)

#58 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

I must admit i'm intrigued where is this info. I thought I was the only one who knew all sorts of odd rumours (when i'm bored I go to yahoo or google and type in "risico 2010" or "the hildebrand rarity 2010" etc it's a fun way to kill time.)

I can think of a better way to kill time, but I don't think we need to share. :)

#59 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

I can think of a better way to kill time, but I don't think we need to share. :)

please do I love ways to kill time.

What annoys me is there are so many batman 3 fan made trailers some of which are really quite good and almost flawsly edited some are quite bad.

yet not one bond fan trailer seriously why?

#60 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

please do I love ways to kill time.

What annoys me is there are so many batman 3 fan made trailers some of which are really quite good and almost flawsly edited some are quite bad.

yet not one bond fan trailer seriously why?

Probably because they had more time to do it. ;)