The eyebrows, that is... :(

#152 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Camilla Belle is stunning. She could work well in Bond 23, she could really have been cast as Camille in QOS, and it would be a good fit.

anyway, I've dreamt up the perfect Bond 23.

Title: The Hildebrand Rarity

Director: Alfonso CuarĂ³n

Plot:
After a big bonanza pre-creidts. Bond is shown on leave, he's completed his last mission and is on holiday, alone in the Seychelles. There he finds Felix Leiter, who seems waiting for him, Bond knows his holiday is about to become professional. Leiter, who is now station chief in the area, got word Bond had landed, and wants to meets up, as he insists there meeting will have nothing to do with business. The pair meet a wealthy European and his wife, he channgelles Bond and Leiter to find the hildebrand rarity, they take him up on his offer. They find out the wife is abused at the hands of her husband and like the story, he is found dead. Bond and Leiter are convinced the murderer is the wife. But as they begin to explore the man's past and the girls's hidden motives a bigger plot comes to life.
I see this film with no M, no Dench, I love her character but this works better with just Bond and Felix.
No Quantum, let them rest a little then bring them back for Bond 24.

#153 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

I said it before and I say it again: Make a fair movie of the book YOLT. Some changes of course but I love that book and its a damn shame they haven't made a decent movie of that book.

#154 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Including Fleming material simply because it hasn't been included yet or for the sake of it would have to rate as one of the worst moves EON could make. Bond films have always been grounded in the present time, andso to include something simply because it can be included would waste hat material that could be better served in a more appropriate space and time.

#155 RJJB

RJJB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:12 AM

Including Fleming material simply because it hasn't been included yet or for the sake of it would have to rate as one of the worst moves EON could make. Bond films have always been grounded in the present time, andso to include something simply because it can be included would waste hat material that could be better served in a more appropriate space and time.

Plenty of Fleming material has been used and updated. Just because the source may be a bit dated, that doesn't mean that it can't be effective in a modern script. And being grounded in present time does not always produce the best results, does it? Moonraker springs to mind as a perfect example of that.

#156 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

Plenty of Fleming material has been used and updated. Just because the source may be a bit dated, that doesn't mean that it can't be effective in a modern script. And being grounded in present time does not always produce the best results, does it? Moonraker springs to mind as a perfect example of that.

That's still no reason for including it simply because it hasn't been included. It's almost as if the producers would be obligated to have it in there, and that may not necessarily be the best thing for Bond. I think they should wait until they can work it into a story that calls for it rather than build a story around it.

#157 Agostino 0016-9 Pedata

Agostino 0016-9 Pedata

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

I hope in a movieverson of Thrilling Cities.
A kind of travel made by Bond around the world passing throung some town as: Hamburg, Naples, New York, Macao, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Honolulu, etc.
source: 007 Mission in New York - Wikipedia - EN
007 - Thrilling Cities - Wikipedia - IT

Its a beatiful idea!

#158 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

http://justjared.buz...le-gq-magazine/

I definately think this woman should in Bond 23..couldnt find the other thread for future bond girls..

Posted Image

Ooo! Very apt. I approve. Retro to the point it's "now" (!).

#159 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

I came up with this idea and thought I'd expand on it here:

Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions Presents

DANIEL CRAIG

as Ian Fleming's James Bond

in

THE NATURE OF EVIL

Cast
Daniel Craig..............James Bond
Guy Pearce................Agent 002
Malin Akerman.........Agent 006
Sam Worthington......Agent 008
Jason Isaacs.........Dr. Guntram Shatterhand
Judi Dench...........M
Rory Kinnear.........Bill Tanner
Jeffrey Wright.......Felix Leiter
David Boreanaz.......Agent Craig Wilson (CIA)
Simon Kassianides.......Yusef
Sam Neill............Major Boothroyd
Yvonne Strahovski....Miss Moneypenny

Crew
Produced by..........Michael G. Wilson & Barbara Broccoli
Written by...........Brian Helgeland
Score by.............Charlie Clouser
Directed by..........James Watkins
Title Song by........Taylor Swift & Def Leppard

Plot
The film would begin with James Bond on vacation, after having finally found Yusef and having taken him into MI6 custody. Bond is recalled from vacation by M when fellow 00 Agents all fail to report and have fallen off the grid. Bond travels the globe, tracking down leads to discover what happened to the missing agents. His travels take him from Italy, New York, Las Vegas, and eventually Japan where he will come face to face with one of the most disturbing villains he's ever faced, Dr. Guntram Shatterhand.

#160 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

+1 for David Boreanaz
+1 for Jason Issacs
+1 for Sam Neill

-1 for Malin Ackerman
-1 for Guntram Shatterhand
-1 for Sam Worthington

You break even.

#161 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

Okay, I've been thinking about something for a while now, and I think I havea solution. I'm a huge fan of Formula One and have been for some time. I think the glamour and the spectacle would be perfect for Bond, but I've been hard-pressed to find a way that it could be convincingly worked into the story. Having Bond drive one of the cars would be stupid, because the drivers have been going since childhood in getting to the upper levels of the competition. And we couldn't have Bond listening in on the bad guys from the anonymity of the grandstands, because something like that was done in QUANTUM OF SOLACE. But I think I now have the perfect idea for it. Please excuse the fact that this is going to require some backstory, but all of it is relevant.

In 2008, Honda withdrew from Formula One, citing the global economic situation as their reasons, but it was altogether unsurprising given their lacklustre performance over the previous two seasons. The importan part came at the beginning of 2007.

In 2004, Honda's Jenson Button finished third in the driver's championship. And while 2005 wasn't as good, he also took the team's maiden - and only - victory at Hungary in 2006. In short, Honda were establishing themselves as a competitive team. They also decided to end their association with the Lucky Strike brand, and were looking for a new sponsor. By rights, they should have been at the top of any prospective sponsor's shortlist of teams to lend thier name to.

But for some reason, Honda never found a sponsor. Instead, they unveiled their car as being environmentally-themed and sponsor-free. Their press releases really hyped things up, and the concept was given considrable media attention. But the car was downright terrible, and all the publicity couldn't gloss over the fact that something was fundamentally wrong at Honda. They had been unable to secure a sponsor, and with no sponsor, there was no funding. To make mattes worse, they had painted themselves into a corner: they could never adopt a real sponsor again because it would admit that they were in trouble and that their "Earth Dreams" concept was insincere. They had essentially committed competitive suicide, and it was only a matter of time before they withdrew. Even the brilliance of Ross Brawn - Michael Schumacher's old tactician - couldn't help them. On December 5th last year, Honda officially pulled out of Formula One.

In an interesting quirk of fate, Honda are now back where they should have been two years ago. Ross Brawn purchased the team and rebranded it Brawn Gran Prix. Over the past four days, all ten Formula One teams have been in Barcelona, participating in the last official tests before the season begins in a few weeks. Brawn's cars have topped the time sheets consistently, with a complete reversal of fortunes. They're faster than Ferrari and McLaren, the powerhouses of Grand Prix racing. They've gone from nothing to everything in just two months (in truth, Brawn began developing their car very early in the 2008 season - when they were still known as Honda - and thus have got a significant advantage).

Now, here's where the Bond element comes in: the film would revolve around Bond tracking down someone like a drug dealer or a money launderer. Although he catches the man in the PTS using his wits, the villain escapes on a technicality and only does a short stint in prison. As soon as he's out, he's back in the game. As this is happening, a privately-owned Formula One team's success nose-dived once the villain was arrested. With their bugets of hundred of millions of dollars, it is easy to slip dirty money about, especially considering that the Formula One World Championship goes all over the world. And with the team being the laughing stock of the grid - underfunded, undertalented, etc. - no-one suspects they are a front for dirty dealing.

#162 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

B)

#163 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

For some reason, my previous post isn't here, so I'll post again:
My feeling is that, after two attempts, Quantum has lost some money (Le Chiffre lost money, and Greene wasted money with the Tiara Project). They need a "get rich quick scheme." Maybe they have something that could be sold in order to get a lot of money...

#164 0012

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

I definately think this woman should in Bond 23..couldnt find the other thread for future bond girls..

Posted Image

Ooo! Very apt. I approve. Retro to the point it's "now" (!).

I don't know how appropriate this woman is for Bond. She's going out with a guy who supposedly won't have sex with her.

#165 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

That's still no reason for including it simply because it hasn't been included. It's almost as if the producers would be obligated to have it in there, and that may not necessarily be the best thing for Bond. I think they should wait until they can work it into a story that calls for it rather than build a story around it.

Eon has proved this argument of yours to be null, time and again. For a quite simple reason.

There doesn't seem to be a single Bond movie in these last couple of decades (at least) which haven't made use of material from previous drafts, bits and bobs here and there, sometimes more than others.

It is far from difficcult to use the unused Fleming material, just as it is far from difficcult from including material from previous drafts, that's why they do it constantly, it seems.

The principle by which they use plot points and/or devices, characters, actions sequences, etc. from previous drafts is exactly the same to be applied in using the still unadapted Fleming material. They don't have to build stories around those morcels per se, but any competent writer can easily include the remaining Fleming material in the Bond movies.

Edited by Eurospy, 21 March 2009 - 10:58 AM.

#166 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

Here's an idea: a sort of mix between “Risico” and Moonraker. Some members of Quantum want to destroy London with a nuclear rocket, but they need to raise a lot of money, and fast. So they start a drug trafficking scheme...

#167 Ace217

Ace217

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

I think there should be a remake of On Her Majestys Secret Service. Daniel Craig would be gretaly suited for the role.

#168 feltoni

feltoni

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

definetly B) ooo yeah haha!

#169 Greene217

Greene217

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

The head of Quantum should be a woman, hence the title Property of a Lady and I'm tempted to say Angelina Jolie but I think Rachel Weisz or Marion Cotillard would be better to play the character, maybe with the name of an unused Fleming chracter.

Alan Rickman or hugh laurie as Q, who at first is introduced as Major Bootrhoyd but Bond continually refers to him as Q as a nickname which he dislikes greatly and sees as unprofessional.

Judi dench for M again though I think she'll definately leave once Craig does and so for me Bernard Hill would be a good replacement while for moneypenny I think the producers are more than likely to choose a relatively unkonwon actree, perhaps one who has appeared in a number of television dramas, though Saffron Burrows has been in my mind for some reason.

Love to see a proper hand to hand fight between Bond and a female nemesis, I think Craigs tenure could use an femme fatale as there was only the briefest of glimspes of one in CR.
Not as much action and a snow bound location would be fantastic and perhaps some water based locations as well. Oh and while I love CR and QOS please let htere be at least some bond music and just once that line as well.
ANd perhaps its time for Paul Haggis to step into the directors chair.

#170 Ace217

Ace217

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

I think Hugh Laurie would be good as Q and the line "Bond, James Bond" should be there.

#171 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

Okay, I've been thinking about something for a while now, and I think I havea solution. I'm a huge fan of Formula One and have been for some time. I think the glamour and the spectacle would be perfect for Bond, but I've been hard-pressed to find a way that it could be convincingly worked into the story. Having Bond drive one of the cars would be stupid, because the drivers have been going since childhood in getting to the upper levels of the competition. And we couldn't have Bond listening in on the bad guys from the anonymity of the grandstands, because something like that was done in QUANTUM OF SOLACE. But I think I now have the perfect idea for it. Please excuse the fact that this is going to require some backstory, but all of it is relevant.

In 2008, Honda withdrew from Formula One, citing the global economic situation as their reasons, but it was altogether unsurprising given their lacklustre performance over the previous two seasons. The importan part came at the beginning of 2007.

In 2004, Honda's Jenson Button finished third in the driver's championship. And while 2005 wasn't as good, he also took the team's maiden - and only - victory at Hungary in 2006. In short, Honda were establishing themselves as a competitive team. They also decided to end their association with the Lucky Strike brand, and were looking for a new sponsor. By rights, they should have been at the top of any prospective sponsor's shortlist of teams to lend thier name to.

But for some reason, Honda never found a sponsor. Instead, they unveiled their car as being environmentally-themed and sponsor-free. Their press releases really hyped things up, and the concept was given considrable media attention. But the car was downright terrible, and all the publicity couldn't gloss over the fact that something was fundamentally wrong at Honda. They had been unable to secure a sponsor, and with no sponsor, there was no funding. To make mattes worse, they had painted themselves into a corner: they could never adopt a real sponsor again because it would admit that they were in trouble and that their "Earth Dreams" concept was insincere. They had essentially committed competitive suicide, and it was only a matter of time before they withdrew. Even the brilliance of Ross Brawn - Michael Schumacher's old tactician - couldn't help them. On December 5th last year, Honda officially pulled out of Formula One.

In an interesting quirk of fate, Honda are now back where they should have been two years ago. Ross Brawn purchased the team and rebranded it Brawn Gran Prix. Over the past four days, all ten Formula One teams have been in Barcelona, participating in the last official tests before the season begins in a few weeks. Brawn's cars have topped the time sheets consistently, with a complete reversal of fortunes. They're faster than Ferrari and McLaren, the powerhouses of Grand Prix racing. They've gone from nothing to everything in just two months (in truth, Brawn began developing their car very early in the 2008 season - when they were still known as Honda - and thus have got a significant advantage).

Now, here's where the Bond element comes in: the film would revolve around Bond tracking down someone like a drug dealer or a money launderer. Although he catches the man in the PTS using his wits, the villain escapes on a technicality and only does a short stint in prison. As soon as he's out, he's back in the game. As this is happening, a privately-owned Formula One team's success nose-dived once the villain was arrested. With their bugets of hundred of millions of dollars, it is easy to slip dirty money about, especially considering that the Formula One World Championship goes all over the world. And with the team being the laughing stock of the grid - underfunded, undertalented, etc. - no-one suspects they are a front for dirty dealing.

Very good. I liked that. B)

#172 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

The best thing that could happen to the franchise would be to get rid of Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson. They are bean counters who impose creative controls that they are not qualified to make. Wilson has been wrecking the Bonds for a long time, and now Babs is out to outwreck her stepbrother. They know how to organize and administrate, but they don't nothing about the creative disciplines, and they have no talent for writing, directing, or acting. They are the worst enemy of the series.

Get rid of them!

Richard

For someone who claims to know all about the workings of Eon Productions, you appear to know very little. You have also clearly never met a single employee from Eon Productions, or certainly not anyone who worked with them for any amount of time.

#173 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

My BOND 23 ideas? I don't work for Eon, true, but, as a fan, I have the advantage of being able to see the wood for the trees.

Eon must do the following:

Get rid of Craig. Americans have rejected him. Sure, his films have done okay internationally, but the Stateside box office is still the most important and prestigious, and, cousin, Craig ain't no Brosnan.

Bring back some humour. What is this, the cinematic equivalent of Joy Division's "Unknown Pleasures"? Get Moneypenny and Q back into the mix and let's have, y'know, some laughs. And let's get Bond laid every so often, huh?

Stop ripping off Bourne. Start making films where you can actually follow the plot, and if that's too much hassle then at least let's be able to follow the action scenes.

The gunbarrel. It goes at the beginning. Sheesh, it isn't exactly rocket science.

Title song by a mainstream artist like Leona Lewis. Let's sell some frickin' CDs here! Enough of these "alternative" acts like Chris Cornell and Jack White who don't appeal to anyone other than students.

#174 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Get rid of Craig. Americans have rejected him. ]

And your reasoning for that is based on what...?

#175 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

My BOND 23 ideas? I don't work for Eon, true, but, as a fan, I have the advantage of being able to see the wood for the trees.

Get rid of Craig. Americans have rejected him. Sure, his films have done okay internationally, but the Stateside box office is still the most important and prestigious, and, cousin, Craig ain't no Brosnan.

Bring back some humour. What is this, the cinematic equivalent of Joy Division's "Unknown Pleasures"? Get Moneypenny and Q back into the mix and let's have, y'know, some laughs. And let's get Bond laid every so often, huh?

Stop ripping off Bourne. Start making films where you can actually follow the plot, and if that's too much hassle then at least let's be able to follow the action scenes.

The gunbarrel. It goes at the beginning. Sheesh, it isn't exactly rocket science.

Title song by a mainstream artist like Leona Lewis. Let's sell some frickin' CDs here! Enough of these "alternative" acts like Chris Cornell and Jack White who don't appeal to anyone other than students.

Bring back Burly Chassis to sing a Bond theme.

Get Sir Sean Connery to either play Bond one last time OR the villain.

Bring back Blofeld.

#176 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Bring back Burly Chassis to sing a Bond theme.

Get Sir Sean Connery to either play Bond one last time OR the villain.

Bring back Blofeld.

And bring back DRUNKEN MAN WHO LOOKS AGHAST AT WINE BOTTLE....!

#177 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

I think his comeback should be the glorious, audience-pleasing (and that's putting it mildly) final shot of the film. But I think his return should be foreshadowed by the appearance of a wine bottle in numerous scenes throughout the film.

#178 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Get rid of Craig. Americans have rejected him. ]

And your reasoning for that is based on what...?

Well, Brosnan was known as the Billion Dollar Bond. Don't forget, he was a huge star in the States even prior to Bond thanks to REMINGTON STEELE, the show that made most Americans champion him as 007 back in the 1980s. And, today, in the wake of MAMMA MIA!, Brosnan is arguably the most bankable guy from the British Isles next to Christian Bale.

I'll wager that few Americans know who Daniel Craig is. QUANTUM OF SOLACE underperformed relative to CASINO ROYALE, so it's clear that Stateside audiences are no longer interested in him as Bond. Heck, everyone's getting bored with Craig, if you go by what's posted on CBn these days.

ACE's idea to get Connery back as Bond or the villain is a good one, and it's surprising that it's something that Eon has failed to do given the constant call in fandom for such a thing. My own idea would be to get Brosnan back for the next film as a kind of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER-type comeback, with Connery playing M. Imagine the box office!

#179 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

A new M (male this time - we could have Dame Judi's M killed by Quantum in a pre-titles sequence) (My suggestion = Michael Caine)

Q (Head of the Tech Department)

Moneypenny (M's new secretary)

#180 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

This thread has become a raging self parody of internet fandom...