293 replies to this topic

#31 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

I'd love to find some solace in your lounge, Zorin. :) What's the dress code? Don't want to show up under dressed or over dressed. :(

Someone pass me a Vesper and turn up the Bond theme, won't you!

#32 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:17 PM

I'd love to find some solace in your lounge, Zorin. :) What's the dress code? Don't want to show up under dressed or over dressed. :)

Someone pass me a Vesper and turn up the Bond theme, won't you!

Consider yourself in the door young ImTheMoneypenny.

The dress code is simple. No LICENCE TO KILL t-shirts or slogans declaring "I've Met Richard Kiel!".

It is for likeminded men (and women - if they must)

You know, that's not very convincing. I don't feel very welcome.

Of course you are welcome...!!

Take a tray and pass round some drinks...

Oh I jest. We just have to be careful which women we let in. This is not one of them Hooters bars you know.

I sure hope it's a joke, this lounge is in dire need of estrogen. :(

I'm happy to supply it.

Of course it is light badinage Miss Liaison. You are most welcome. And leave your estrogen at the door and my man Conley will sprinkle it liberally when the chaps get too much of a stronghold in the members lounge.

Though I will warn you now. We have one of those slightly tasteless peanut packet dispensers behind the bar - you know the ones that reveal a different part of a semi naked lovely every time someone wants a packet of honey roasted like a Playboy advent calendar.... (that may be a reference for our British members though). It's a nod to our Men Only past.

Either way, pull up a leather embossed chair and escape the anger and lunacy that is "outside".

#33 avl

avl

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

My friend, I'll have one of those. Hold the fruit.

#34 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

My friend, I'll have one of those. Hold the fruit.

There will be no touching of fruit in this club my man...!

#35 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

#36 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

We have one of those slightly tasteless peanut packet dispensers behind the bar - you know the ones that reveal a different part of a semi naked lovely every time someone wants a packet of honey roasted like a Playboy advent calendar.

Mother! Fancy seeing her here!

May I join? Just to add to the oestrogen levels? After all, too much testosterone and you've got yourself a Games Workshop room :(

#37 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

I hope it's not premature of me to make myself at home here.

#38 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

The dress code is simple. No LICENCE TO KILL t-shirts or slogans declaring "I've Met Richard Kiel!".

I trust my I Love Elvis knickers are acceptable as long as I promise not to show them off? :) :(

#39 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Despite "Corinne's" tendency to make us look somewhat complacent and confused, I do hope there is nothing against the inclusion of Canadians in this club.

#40 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

I trust my I Love Elvis knickers are acceptable as long as I promise not to show them off? :) :(

I'm wearing my Pulp/Are you sure? knickers and haven't been thrown out yet so you should be fine.

#41 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

We have one of those slightly tasteless peanut packet dispensers behind the bar - you know the ones that reveal a different part of a semi naked lovely every time someone wants a packet of honey roasted like a Playboy advent calendar.

Mother! Fancy seeing her here!

May I join? Just to add to the oestrogen levels? After all, too much testosterone and you've got yourself a Games Workshop room :(

Good point. You will get a better coat rail to hang your mackintosh on now for that observation!

Despite "Corinne's" tendency to make us look somewhat complacent and confused, I do hope there is nothing against the inclusion of Canadians in this club.

Of course there is.

And she won't be the last Canadian agent to fall at the sight of an Armenian loveknot. Nor I fear will she be the last.

And we will need some neutrality in this lounge. And who better to be neutral than the Canadians...? Always liked them. Made great Baccarat partners.

#42 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

Things appear to be getting a bit heated round these shores. Instead of heralding and celebrating a new Bond film in a year that has been a Zorin Industries airship-sized circus of everything 007, some of us are piling trolling upon vitriol and sort of demeaning the reason we are all Bond fans in the first place - i.e. it is only a fluffy bunny of Martini-soaked fun.

So Zorin Industries (with help from resident hostesses May Day, Jenny Flex and the lovely Pan Ho) have started up a gentleman's club (with ladies permitted at request). It's somewhere for us to kick off our Rosa Klebb heels and indulge in a lightly shaken Babycham or three. We promise not to show anyone the stairs (unless it's to show-off our stair / slide mechanism....who wouldn't brag about owning that?!) but opinions should be curtailed at all times. Whether you liked all of this year's Bondian entertainment or whether you didn't, please come in from the rain of abuse and upset and dry your weary forum-typing fingers.

This is not a members club for ranting that you are wrong or trolling that you are right. Any opinion on this new Quantums Of The Solace is right - just don't bring them up here. It is for likeminded men (and women - if they must) to be satisfied we at least have a new Bond film and just bask in the glow that sees a 007 movie on our bus stops, cinema foyers and Coca Cola Ads. It doesn't happen often and we should embrace the centre of our affections, not demean it and bemoan it because it wasn't like the cinematic flings we loved from our youth.

To quote the great Mikey from THE GOONIES, "this is our time". So let's not waste or fritter away our online community by constant concerns over twelve second gunbarrels or the editing decisions of a professional. We are going to leave our questions and gripes at the cloakroom.

Canapes and light bites will be distributed in time and a mock Venetian string quartet promise to play Bolivian music all night.

So - if you need a haven from all the upset and groaning, then just add your name to the members list (posts) below. Someone will take your mackintosh shortly...

Welcome to THE LOUNGE OF SOLACE...

OK I was thinking about catching the earliest show to get in my second viewing and now it's on. I'm gonna have me some fun! ™ :(

#43 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

Not at all. Just fill out the membership form with Ms Flex and we will show you through to our Frisco Suite. Apparently the champagne bubbles tickle EVERYONE's Tchaikovskys!!

#44 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Don't blame Corinne That Yusef is a smoothe talker.

#45 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

OK I was thinking about catching the earliest show to get in my second viewing and now it's on. I'm gonna have me some fun! ™ :(

You are most welcome young Cabot. I used to know your father Bruce, I believe. Give my regards when you next see him.

#46 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Not at all. Just fill out the membership form with Ms Flex and we will show you through to our Frisco Suite. Apparently the champagne bubbles tickle EVERYONE's Tchaikovskys!!

Splendid.

#47 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

Splendid.

Watch your head. The beams are low on the stairs.

#48 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

Perhaps this club is the answer to my lifelong quest for solace. *cues up Lennon's "Imagine"....

#49 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

Is there room for 1 more in here?

I'd like a double QoS with a TB chaser. SHaken, not stirred please

#50 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

OK I was thinking about catching the earliest show to get in my second viewing and now it's on. I'm gonna have me some fun! ™ :)

You are most welcome young Cabot. I used to know your father Bruce, I believe. Give my regards when you next see him.

My username: In the Gor series,by John Normon, Tarl Cabot(one of my favorite literary heroes in fiction) has a father named Mathew. But thanks...I'm glad to be in the happy camp for a change. :(

#51 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Why is that person sitting in my chair?

Boy! Two bottles of the 1978 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Montrachet.

One straw.

#52 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Of course there is.

And she won't be the last Canadian agent to fall at the sight of an Armenian loveknot. Nor I fear will she be the last.

And we will need some neutrality in this lounge. And who better to be neutral than the Canadians...? Always liked them. Made great Baccarat partners.

Then count my unbiased self as one pulling a chair up to the card table. Contrary to popular belief, I'm afraid, I will not be bringing maple syrup, a pet beaver, or a unique form of bacon to the party.

Frankly, I was just amused we received our first shout-out since (I believe) Thunderball.

#53 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

Good point. You will get a better coat rail to hang your mackintosh on now for that observation!

How thoughtful!

And now, I believe, I will partake of a particularly fine single malt, if the bartender would be so kind.

#54 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

I will not be bringing maple syrup, a pet beaver, or a unique form of bacon to the party.

Shame; that combination sounds like a bloody good party.

#55 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

I will not be bringing maple syrup, a pet beaver, or a unique form of bacon to the party.

Shame; that combination sounds like a bloody good party.

I could send a runner, but he'd be forced to brave the rather stereotypical 10 cm of snow Toronto is supposed to receive tonight. And despite what you may have heard about their resourcefulness, beavers are far from being socially approachable. Pretentious like you wouldn't believe. Dam them, I say.

#56 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

And despite what you may have heard about their resourcefulness, beavers are far from being socially approachable.

Oh, you mean that sort of beaver?

My mistake.

#57 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

Well, I'd presumed of course that we're based on the more nostalgic idea of a "gentleman's" club. But should we wish to make things a bit more contemporary, definitions can start to rapidly change...

#58 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Nice club here, Zor I. Seems a place where one could just relax and let his font drop.

#59 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

What kind of music Zorin?

May I recommend a radio station for this room, Groovera presents Jet City Lounge.
It's pretty good most of the time.

#60 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

My credit line's already atrocious at the Commander's Lounge, but since that rank doesn't show up anymore, I'm perfectly happy to start running up a hearty tab over here.

Two Vespers and a pint of Beamish, please. Make it 15 minutes before you bring the beer.