293 replies to this topic

#1 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

Things appear to be getting a bit heated round these shores. Instead of heralding and celebrating a new Bond film in a year that has been a Zorin Industries airship-sized circus of everything 007, some of us are piling trolling upon vitriol and sort of demeaning the reason we are all Bond fans in the first place - i.e. it is only a fluffy bunny of Martini-soaked fun.

So Zorin Industries (with help from resident hostesses May Day, Jenny Flex and the lovely Pan Ho) have started up a gentleman's club (with ladies permitted at request). It's somewhere for us to kick off our Rosa Klebb heels and indulge in a lightly shaken Babycham or three. We promise not to show anyone the stairs (unless it's to show-off our stair / slide mechanism....who wouldn't brag about owning that?!) but opinions should be curtailed at all times. Whether you liked all of this year's Bondian entertainment or whether you didn't, please come in from the rain of abuse and upset and dry your weary forum-typing fingers.

This is not a members club for ranting that you are wrong or trolling that you are right. Any opinion on this new Quantums Of The Solace is right - just don't bring them up here. It is for likeminded men (and women - if they must) to be satisfied we at least have a new Bond film and just bask in the glow that sees a 007 movie on our bus stops, cinema foyers and Coca Cola Ads. It doesn't happen often and we should embrace the centre of our affections, not demean it and bemoan it because it wasn't like the cinematic flings we loved from our youth.

To quote the great Mikey from THE GOONIES, "this is our time". So let's not waste or fritter away our online community by constant concerns over twelve second gunbarrels or the editing decisions of a professional. We are going to leave our questions and gripes at the cloakroom.

Canapes and light bites will be distributed in time and a mock Venetian string quartet promise to play Bolivian music all night.

So - if you need a haven from all the upset and groaning, then just add your name to the members list (posts) below. Someone will take your mackintosh shortly...

Welcome to THE LOUNGE OF SOLACE...

#2 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

I'd like to join. I hate The Goonies though, is that a problem?

#3 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:45 AM

I'd like to join. I hate The Goonies though, is that a problem?

There is no "hate" in THE LOUNGE OF SOLACE...just a difference in opinion.

Of course you can join up. Take that leather armchair by the faux-wood fire and Ms Flex will regale tales of her early morning ride.

#4 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:49 AM

OK, I respectfull disagree with The Goonies. All of them (unless Cyndi Lauper counts).

Could May Day kindly provide me with a drink. Wait, I think I'll leave it...

#5 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Things appear to be getting a bit heated round these shores. Instead of heralding and celebrating a new Bond film in a year that has been a Zorin Industries airship-sized circus of everything 007, some of us are piling trolling upon vitriol and sort of demeaning the reason we are all Bond fans in the first place - i.e. it is a fluffy bunny of Martini-soaked fun.

So Zorin Industries (with help from resident hostesses May Day, Jenny Flex and the lovely Pan Ho) have started up a gentleman's club. It's somewhere for us to kick off our Rosa Klebb heels and indulge in a lightly shaken Babycham or three. We promise not to show anyone the stairs (unless it's to show-off our stair / slide mechanism....who wouldn't brag about owning that?!) but opinions should be curtailed at all times.

This is not a members club for ranting that you are wrong or trolling that you are right. It is for likeminded men (and women - if they must) to be satisfied with the new Bond film and just bask in the glow that sees a 007 movie on our bus stops, cinema foyers and Coke Ads. It doesn't happen often and we should embrace the centre of our affections, not demean it and bemoan it because it wasn't like the cinematic flings we loved from our youth.

To quote the great Mikey from THE GOONIES, "this is our time". So let's not waste or fritter away our online community by constant concerns over twelve second gunbarrels or the editing decisions of a professional. We are going to leave our questions and gripes at the cloakroom.

Canapes and light bites will be distributed in time and a mock Venetian string quartet promise to play Bolivian music all night.

So - if you need a haven from all the upset and groaning, then just add your name to the members list (posts) below. Someone will take your mackintosh shortly...

Welcome to THE LOUNGE OF SOLACE...

I should definitely like to join. And I embrace the no-hate rule. But may I be excused whenever anyone talks about/puts on Never Say Never Again...?

#6 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

I should definitely like to join. And I embrace the no-hate rule. But may I be excused whenever anyone talks about/puts on Never Say Never Again...?

In time we may have a NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN themed evening - with overheated catering, cheap beverages, the Elstree Tango and a toupee-only costume theme - but for now we are not stoking any fires unless it's the Baron Samedi-designed fireplace in our main annex.

#7 The ides of Mark

The ides of Mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:01 PM

I would like to join too! Though I have to warn you guys, I have a serious gunbarrel-fetish.

#8 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

I would like to join too! Though I have to warn you guys, I have a serious gunbarrel-fetish.

Fetish night is the first Tuesday of every other month. And - oddly for our clientele - it rarely involves guns or barrels.

But please come in. Watch where you sit though. Miss Sutton's cat is prone to hiding and tends to jump out when scared.

#9 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

I'd love to join aswell. :( :)

#10 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

I'd love to join aswell. :( :)

There may be an age issue, MHarkin, but we are willing to flout it just this once. A Pepsi chaser is on the tray wending your way now.

#11 Bradley De La Cloche

Bradley De La Cloche

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Sign me up, my good man!

Edited by Bradley De La Cloche, 20 November 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:19 PM

There may be an age issue, MHarkin, but we are willing to flout it just this once. A Pepsi chaser is on the tray wending your way now.

Damn It all! Ah well.... 33 days 'till I'm 18. :(

#13 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Damn It all! Ah well.... 33 days 'till I'm 18. :(

We will overlook it just this once as long as you are freshly shaved and don't use Lynx products.

#14 The ides of Mark

The ides of Mark

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

Fetish night is the first Tuesday of every other month. And - oddly for our clientele - it rarely involves guns or barrels.

But please come in. Watch where you sit though. Miss Sutton's cat is prone to hiding and tends to jump out when scared.

You got me curious! What does it involve then? :( :)

#15 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

You got me curious! What does it involve then? :( :)

If one needs to ask then one is clearly not suitable for such an evening...

#16 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

It's very cosy in here ZI, I'm particularly impressed by the range of Vodka available. I sense It'll take my quite a while to try all the different varieties.

I must add, Jenny's riding lessons are very satisfying.

#17 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

It's very cosy in here ZI, I'm particularly impressed by the range of Vodka available. I sense It'll take my quite a while to try all the different varieties.

I must add, Jenny's riding lessons are very satisfying.

She's always preferred it in the saddle.

See - CBN is already chilling out.....

#18 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Sign me up!!!!!

#19 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

Sign me up!!!!!

Make yourself at home.

#20 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

If only I had the guts to join May Day's martial arts class...

#21 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

If only I had the guts to join May Day's martial arts class...

Yes, we've had to stop that one for the time being. Her silly top hats kept catching on the vintage 1930's ceiling fans.

#22 Dangerous Liaison

Dangerous Liaison

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Sign me up? hmmm?

#23 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

It is for likeminded men (and women - if they must)

You know, that's not very convincing. I don't feel very welcome.

#24 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

Of course you are welcome...!!

Take a tray and pass round some drinks...

Oh I jest. We just have to be careful which women we let in. This is not one of them Hooters bars you know.

#25 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

Am I correct in thinking that Martin Campbell dartboards, ornate F (for Forrrrstrer) lapel badges and defaced MAMMA MIA! posters ripped from the London Underground are handed out to new members?

#26 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

Am I correct in thinking that Martin Campbell dartboards, ornate F (for Forrrrstrer) lapel badges and defaced MAMMA MIA! posters ripped from the London Underground are handed out to new members?

You've been reading those fan rumours, haven't you?

There is no cheap film merchandise in this select club, torn up or otherwise. This is not one of them Forbodeing Planet type movie stores, you know.

#27 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

Zorin, can I stay? The last time Judo started a lounge I couldn't get in - something about number of posts.

I must say, I do like the operatic music in the background. It allows me to run silently through the hallways while chased by the wait-staff.....

#28 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Zorin, can I stay? The last time Judo started a lounge I couldn't get in - something about number of posts.

I must say, I do like the operatic music in the background. It allows me to run silently through the hallways while chased by the wait-staff.....

You are welcome. Just don't let me down. Or worse still - let yourself down.

And there will no running in the mahogany corridors. This is not an X MEN film.

#29 Dangerous Liaison

Dangerous Liaison

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

Of course you are welcome...!!

Take a tray and pass round some drinks...

Oh I jest. We just have to be careful which women we let in. This is not one of them Hooters bars you know.

I sure hope it's a joke, this lounge is in dire need of estrogen. :(

I'm happy to supply it.

#30 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Is it true that Olga Kurylenko works here as a coctail waitress on Friday and Saturday nights?