62 replies to this topic

#61 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Rosamund Pike's worst ever work was in DAD? Have you seen Doom?

As for Michael Madsen, I don't think it's worth even starting.

God, I saw DOOM recently. It is truly awful, awful human waste of the highest order.

Video game films always are.

When Tomb Raider is seen as the best example in the genre, you know you're in bad territory.

#62 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

God, I saw DOOM recently. It is truly awful, awful human waste of the highest order.

With the sole exception I would firmly argue of.....the RESIDENT EVIL trilogy. They are not my bag by any stretch, but they follow a clear path, create their own world and parts 2 and 3 are simple and inventive and remember to surprise too. They are also aware that they are pieces of cinema, unlike tripe like DOOM that thinks it is a computer game with a budget.

TOMB RAIDER 1 and 2 are soul destroying films too. They emerge like love-ins at a Pinewood stunt men convention with all the acting and dialogue qualities to match. Not even a topless Craig saved part 1. And doesn't Jolie look bored...?

SILENT HILL is an awful film too. It overloads its final act with all the decent story it should have littered the rest of the film with. I was praying for an acid spitting vagina on legs to break into the cinema and put me out of my misery.

#63 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

With the sole exception I would firmly argue of.....the RESIDENT EVIL trilogy. They are not my bag by any stretch, but they follow a clear path, create their own world and parts 2 and 3 are simple and inventive and remember to surprise too. They are also aware that they are pieces of cinema, unlike tripe like DOOM that thinks it is a computer game with a budget.

TOMB RAIDER 1 and 2 are soul destroying films too. They emerge like love-ins at a Pinewood stunt men convention with all the acting and dialogue qualities to match. Not even a topless Craig saved part 1. And doesn't Jolie look bored...?

SILENT HILL is an awful film too. It overloads its final act with all the decent story it should have littered the rest of the film with. I was praying for an acid spitting vagina on legs to break into the cinema and put me out of my misery.

Well, oddly enough, Tomb Raider 1 got slightly better reviews than any of the other video game adaptations upon release, but it was for good performances in the supporting roles from Jon Voight, Lara's two sidekicks and our man Craig. So the films producers wisely thought, "right for the next one we'll get rid of our only two decent actors, Voight and Craig, and then reduce the roles of the two reasonably liked sidekicks, see if we cant get our reviews down to the same level as the rest of the video game adaptations"

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2009 - 04:29 PM.