67 replies to this topic

#61 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

I got Collector's Edition. I got an extra disc, it's just interviews and stuff. Not worth the extra $10 dollars or whatever.

#62 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, if you didn't get a CE bonus disc, I'd be complaining at the store too. Or Activision, depends on the store you got it from.

#63 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:19 AM

I contacted Activision, and got this response from Customer Service:

There should be a second disc with bonus content. This second disc is a Blue-Ray
disc that contains 10Gb of additional content. Double check underneath the first
disc to ensure it is there.

If it is not you might be missing the disc. In cases such as this it is the sole
responsibility of the retailer where the game was originally purchased to replace
the game for you. This is basically due to the fact that the money exchange was with
the retailer when you purchased the game. The retailer will need to contact their
distributor to take care of this matter. Reputable retailers can and should exchange
the game for you. They will be given credit by the distributor for the defective
game. You will need to ask to speak with someone higher up (such as the store
Manager) at the retailer regarding your game replacement.

Interestingly enough, member PlayItBogart did notice that there are videos on the disc, if you go to the video option on the PS3's media bar, but there are only six short, 90-second (or so) videos, so I wonder if that is also on the SE of the game.

To Bond 93: About how much is there on the bonus disc, materialwise? Is it substantial, or just short little snippets?

#64 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

Somebody with the ps3 regular edition will have to confirm this for us.

#65 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:27 PM

Yeah, I was hoping for that, Bogart, but it looks like nobody cares to comment, or just hasn't noticed. Either way, I'm headed to Best Buy tomorrow, where I bought it, to attempt to rectify the problem. I'll check back if that's the case, then hopefully others will be able to get their situation straightened out.

#66 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

I have an old account at GameFAQs, I'll try asking them.

However, it IS conceivable that seven or eight minutes of 1080p video could weigh in at 10GB...

Edited by PlayItBogart, 11 November 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#67 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

I just got home from Best Buy, where I exchanged it for a new copy. No second disc, again.

Admittedly, my knowledge of video files and their quality/sizes is extremely limited - that is a good point, I keep forgetting that they are on a Blu-Ray disc, and are therefore HD...man, if that's really the case, then what a rip-off.

Either way, I do find it incredibly odd that Activision (more like Hacktivision) keep insisting that there's supposed to be a second disc.

#68 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

The Activision support page question regarding the PS3 CE has been updated with a new answer.

"The bonus content is on the same disc as the game. To access the videos you need to exit the game and go into the Playstation XMB. In the XMB select Video and then select the disc. From there you can play the bonus videos on the disc."

Something tells me I'll skip out on the CE for the Hildebrand Rariety or whatever the next one is.

#69 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

I don't know what's worse - the fact that Hacktivision can't get their story straight, or that they consider 10 minutes worth of short behind-the-scenes videos (which look like we've already seen online anyway) to be worth an additional $10. But then again, you also get that nifty steel case!

Yeah, based on this, I would never consider getting a CE of any of their future games. They'd have to offer something much more substantial to get another $10 from me.

#70 PlayItBogart

PlayItBogart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

Not to mention the game itself is pretty substandard - Treyarch is full of crap. I'm having more fun with the Eurocom-developed PS2 version than this thing.

#71 Double-O-Nine

Double-O-Nine

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

I too have the collector's edition. Can someone say me where are the extras?