Thanks Qwerty! :(

#62 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

Yep, I love your style ImTheMoneypenny. Keep it coming!

#63 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

Yep, I love your style ImTheMoneypenny. Keep it coming!

Thanks, Harry! :)

I know I need to buckle down and make time to finish the story. I'm not trying to be flaky, I come on here to look around a little as a break from working. I'm in the middle of doing scripts on my main project. :( Hopefully soon I'll be able to talk more about it. Knock on wood, I'll be able to do a spynovelfan style announcement in the near future. :)

#64 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

ImTheMoneypenny, I'm so ashamed, I still haven't had the time to finish the last chapter :( But I'll spend a long time on trains tomorrow, so... :)

#65 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

At last, I caught up with the last chapter! :(
I like your style! And by the way, I'm intrigued by your description of the location: have you been there, or is it research?

PS: again, very good chapter titles!

#66 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

At last, I caught up with the last chapter! :)
I like your style! And by the way, I'm intrigued by your description of the location: have you been there, or is it research?

PS: again, very good chapter titles!

No worries about taking your time reading! I've been so bad about writing it! I need to catch up with many fan fic stories too. Very bad of me. :(

Thanks again! :) I need to finish the chapter soon! I will! I just lightened up my work load (Yay!) as I turned in the scripts I had to write for my Baron project, so I can focus on finishing the story (Yay!) again! And read more! Double Yay!

Never been to that side of the world, sadly, but it's always been an area of interest. I've spent time tromping through forests when I was younger. I used to horseback ride through swampy forests in Texas as a child. There's a great place called Turkey Run near where I live that is gorgeous, and quite an endurance test to hike, and I use that to conjure the smells and sounds of jungle/forest life as well. I have a great collection of old National Geographic Magazines from the time period and I did a good deal of internet research. I'm happy it comes across so vividly! I feel like if I sell the reality the reader will buy the more extravagant elements that might not ring so true as well.

I love coming up with good titles. I try to get a touch of Fleming in my titles. ;)

#67 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

BUMP! Ah, it's been since September?! Yes it has. . .

Shame Shame Shame. . . Okay I'll try not to make excuses for my lack of writing on this, okay well yeah I am about to make excuses! :(

Here they are in order
QOS
Insane family drama
Script rewrites for my comic book project The Last Baron
Holidays which means my sister is home and I can't keep my computer routine and finally. . .
Painting!

Soooo. . . Now I did finish up the current chapter on handwritten pages during this time. And I've begun typing them in. I intend to do the typing today, the chapter will be up sometime this week or so. What can we look forward to? How about this. . .

Spoiler

#68 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

Okay I just submitted the second (and final) part of Chapter 6! I have already begun Chapter 7! Hurray! Okay well, it's in our lovely moderator's hands now. :(

#69 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

New addition up now.

#70 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Exellent Moneypenny!

#71 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

Exellent Moneypenny!

Thanks! :(

#72 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Great. And I love the title: Even the Garden of Eden Had A Snake! Please keep it coming!

#73 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:55 AM

Great. And I love the title: Even the Garden of Eden Had A Snake! Please keep it coming!

Thanks! Much appreciated that you took a moment to catch up, I know you're beat. :)

I'm back in the groove, Chapter 7 is on it's way! I started typing it in yesterday, so perhaps I'll have it knocked out this week. :(

#74 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Just submitted the very short Chapter 7! Hope everyone will enjoy it. :( Heres' what to look forward to.

Spoiler

#75 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

Sounds great. And I can't wait. By the way I love the way you describe locations and other things in the story. I wish I was that intense. Inspiring to say the least. Had a bit of trouble printing the last chapter but my printer is back on after a kick.

Harry Fawkes :(

#76 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Sounds great. And I can't wait. By the way I love the way you describe locations and other things in the story. I wish I was that intense. Inspiring to say the least. Had a bit of trouble printing the last chapter but my printer is back on after a kick.

Harry Fawkes :D

:) Cool. The ball's in our wonderful moderator's court now. They've been pretty quick lately though.

Thanks again, I try to capture settings, atmosphere as best I can, aping Fleming's travelogue flourish. My friend Devon said my style is a lot like Raymond Chandler but also very feminine.

Don't sell yourself short, Harry. Your adventures have a taut intensity especially in the action, which I envy. I can easily picture the scenes you've written. The naked kill scene is very vivid and visceral. I only wish my modern action adventures were to hold up as well! :( I'll save that for your thread! :) Anyway. . . ;)

Hope your printer is working now. :) My poor printer, my cats use it to climb on top of the cpu unit so the printer has fallen down more times that I care to count. Thank goodness it's a gerbil, I can replace it easy enough. :)

#77 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

New addition up now.

#78 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

Thanks Qwerty! :(

#79 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

I think I've fallen in love with Everest! :(

Cool! Keep it coming, girl dear!

#80 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

I think I've fallen in love with Everest! :(

Cool! Keep it coming, girl dear!

Thanks!

I'll do my best to keep it coming. :)

I've had a bit of a distraction, water pipe broke in my house over the weekend. Luckily my sister caught it in time, and the water company shut us off. No damage but it's a pain to lug water home from the store.

But while I'm waiting to get he pipe fixed, I'm thinking of doing a little typing on the next chapter. Perhaps today. :)

#81 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Just submitted chapter 8! I was doing a little research and hit on exactly what I needed so the chapter came together quickly. It's another short chapter but it's getting exciting!

It's in the hands of the moderators now. They've been doing a great job posting chapters quickly. so the wait may not be very long! :(

Here's a taste of what to look forward to:

Spoiler

#82 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

New addition up now.

#83 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

Yummy and bollocks at the same time!

Yummy cause I can continue DA with the new addition now up :) (Everest here I come)

Bollocks cause I've got to go to bloody bed. It's late here and I'm out in the heat tomorrow so I've got an early start :(

Ah, well something to look forward to in two days time. If one survives the 'heat' that is :)

Harry

#84 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Yummy and bollocks at the same time!

Yummy cause I can continue DA with the new addition now up :) (Everest here I come)

Bollocks cause I've got to go to bloody bed. It's late here and I'm out in the heat tomorrow so I've got an early start :(

Ah, well something to look forward to in two days time. If one survives the 'heat' that is ;)

Harry

No worries, it'll keep for your return! :)

Not sure which is worse, heat or cold! We may get up in the 40's today! I prefer it somewhere in the middle. You stay cool and I'll stay warm! :D