• PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

And I'll be taking my Bond films to watch all day! :tup:

Looks like a good vacation plan! :tup:
Have fun! :D

Thanks! I always do! They have a nice house with big screen tv sets! :(

Take care :D

Thanks! I will. :) I wish it was exotic locale. It's a town called Brazil in Indiana. Jimmy Hoffa was from there. :)

#34 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Latest bit up for reading now; ticking over very nicely. Good fun.

#35 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Latest bit up for reading now; ticking over very nicely. Good fun.

Thank you Jim! :tup:

#36 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

I'm going to hassle the moderators with one more post of DA before I leave tonight. Chapter 3 is up now, so next will be chapter 4 where the mission is explained and set out upon. :tup:

I got my phone activated, and I'll charge it up, sit down with the manual and try to figure out how to get here on it. :tup: I have unlimited nights and weekends so expect me then.

Okay I'll go submit it. Sorry mods! You'll get a break from me soon!! :(

#37 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

I'm back! Did Chapter 4 go up? I haven't checked. If it is and you've read it, post away. :tup:

#38 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Will be reading it soon. Can't wait. Yours and Jim's are keeping me away from writing my own. Ah well, it's worth it! :tup:

#39 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

Will be reading it soon. Can't wait. Yours and Jim's are keeping me away from writing my own. Ah well, it's worth it! :tup:

Thanks! Oh, I know I need to get back to typing in what I scribbled while I was away. I need to go read more of JIM's tale as well! :tup:

#40 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Chapter 4 is up and available for reading. Sorry I haven't been as Gung-ho to get the next bits up, I've had to make time for real life. :tup:

My sister's dog's health has taken a turn for the worse so we're having to get up in the middle of the night to carry her outside when nature calls. She gets confused and won't walk if she bumps into anything because she's recently gone blind (glaucoma, she's an old dog.) so we carry her to the back yard. She's a heavy dog too, a 50+ pound border collie mix. During the day she is better and can climb the stairs and such without much assistance, it's just at night she's got trouble. It's sad, she's a shadow of the dog she was, but she's hanging in there and still tries to boss the cats around.

So by day we're wiped out, and then the art never stops! I've had to play catch up there to make my part of the household income. I've found I'm competing with myself on eBay! I wondered what those guys did with all the art they bought. I figure they're papering the walls of their house. :tup:

So anyway, enjoy chapter 4 and as soon as I can go over chapter 5, tweak it, and make sure it's for sure ready, I'll submit it.

#41 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

What a whirlwind! Keep enjoying your fan fiction foray. :tup:

#42 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

Thanks Hitch! I am enjoying the fan fic, it's a nice escape when I can get away. :tup:

#43 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

What can I say? Bond, Diana Everest, the original M, SPECTRE even; and written all so beautifully. Crikey girl dear, you are out for my heart! Keep up the bloody good work and keep it coming. Top marks and that's not bull.

Harry Fawkes

#44 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

What can I say? Bond, Diana Everest, the original M, SPECTRE even; and written all so beautifully. Crikey girl dear, you are out for my heart! Keep up the bloody good work and keep it coming. Top marks and that's not bull.

Harry Fawkes

Thanks you Harry! I was a bit nervous about diving headlong into Fleming's world of Bond, and pulling it all off decently. Everyone here is so talented. You certainly made my day! :tup: I just got my art caught up so I have the time to go over the next chapter for submission, I think it's pretty close to being ready, just want to check it over once more. The story has never left my mind, and I've got it worked out so all I need to do is get typing! Thanks again! It was just what I needed to get back to writing! :(

You be sure to get back to writing too! I want to see more! :tup:

#45 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

I've just finished chapter 4! :tup:

May I ask: when are these events taking place in the Bond timeline? Between TB and OHMSS I guess?

#46 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

I've just finished chapter 4! :tup:

May I ask: when are these events taking place in the Bond timeline? Between TB and OHMSS I guess?

You got it! I found a sliver of time right after TB and before TSWLM, where Bond was going on wild goose chases after SPECTRE.

I guess this explains his knowledge of scooters in TSWLM? :tup:

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

New addition up now.

#48 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

Finished chapter 5! :(
By the way, I like the idea of Bond being a
Spoiler
as a cover, that should require some sense of humour from him :tup:
Now let's see what comes out of this Bond vs. "Taz" fight... :tup:

#49 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Finished chapter 5! :D
By the way, I like the idea of Bond being a

Spoiler
as a cover, that should require some sense of humour from him :(
Now let's see what comes out of this Bond vs. "Taz" fight... :tup:

I thought his cover would definitely a new one for Bond! ;)I'm sure Our Man in Sarawak will certainly give Bond a run for his money, another new one for him! :) I'm working on the next chapter. Lets hope Bond's humour holds out! :tup:

Thanks for reading!!

#50 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

Bellisimo!

#51 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

Bellisimo!

Thank you! :)

I'll be getting back to writing on the current chapter this week! I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks everyone for reading!! :(

#52 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Sorry I haven't posted anything new. I have a partial chapter I can submit that ends cleanly with a natural break. I'll just go over it to make sure it's kosher and submit it this week.

Anyway, have a bad head cold that's finally clearing up. It gives me brain fog something terrible! Plus when I can, I've been painting, have to keep that skill sharp so I can earn a living from it. Things are picking up for my side project which also takes up my time. With any luck and good fortune, I'll have some good news about that in the very near future! :( You'll be the first to know!

Oh and my sister's dog Stevie, though still blind, has bounced back to her old self. :) She's put on weight and kept it on, she's been more active and 'smiling' more too! Sadly we did lose one of our cats, the eldest cat Enya, she was 19, that's like 104 in human years. It was a peaceful passing and we're okay about it, we had plenty of time to prepare ourselves for the eventuality. :)

Okay anyway, thanks for everyone's patience!

#53 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Okay, here's reason 1007 as to why I haven't gotten the next chapter up. As some of you know I'm an artist. Painting is where it's at for me, though I've done sketches and ink/coloured line art. But anyway! Okay so I'm a bit worn out living off eBay sales and art commissions so it's time for me to get back on track with my career. That means I have to paint submissions to publishers of the graphic novel variety.

My original idea of that certain SIS Officer Baron I've talked about is very much on track at the same time, but in the comic book world you need many irons in the fire to make a good living. I'll be getting two writing credits, but I'd like to be known for my art too. So that means I had to do a little Bond-like training, to get my skills sharpened. Art takes a lot of concentration and it wipes me out, and I've been painting solidly for 4 days. No time for writing. . . :)

But, my friends all is not lost! I am still thinking of Destroying Angel as I paint! I've modified version of the story and turned it into my submission art. :( Pretty sneaky. . . I only changed the lead, he's no longer Bond, but certainly Bond-like. Diana Everest is there as she looks in the story and so is the baddie Makisig. I also made some changes to the weather that will differ from the story. The submission art starts in the middle of a big action sequence and goes to the end, thus the modifying because I could only do five pages. I had to alter the ending in a way that DA (the Bond story) differs. I had to keep it simple for my first bit of sequential (comic book) art in a long time, I'm rusty.

As soon as I finish my five pages, I'll be back. The first page is always the hardest, that took 3 days alone, but my next pages are going faster as I've got what I'm doing down pat. Once all that is done, I will get back here and finish the job properly, as well as finish reading MkB and Harry's stories and begin Righty007's.

Thanks for hanging in there!

#54 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

http://images.apple....00808271537.jpg

Then this is a must see for you!

http://www.localcolormovie.com/

#55 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

Nice to know your work is on a good track, ImTheMoneypenny! :( I hope you'll show us a bit of the graphical artwork too :)

#56 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

http://images.apple....00808271537.jpg

Then this is a must see for you!

http://www.localcolormovie.com/

That does look good! I love a good 'art' film. :( Thanks Harry!

Nice to know your work is on a good track, ImTheMoneypenny! :) I hope you'll show us a bit of the graphical artwork too :)

Thanks MkB! ;) I should be able to give you all a peek or two in a couple days. I went with a real sixties vibe, sort of like a pulp cover of a men's adventure book.

#57 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

I went with a real sixties vibe, sort of like a pulp cover of a men's adventure book.

It sounds terrific!

#58 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

I went with a real sixties vibe, sort of like a pulp cover of a men's adventure book.

It sounds terrific!

Thanks! :)

I just got reduced copies made of the first 3 pages, they look great. I'll upload them on my photobucket and post them here. Hopefully I can just make them a link, since they are bloody. If not I'll put them under a spoiler jump, since though it's not really the climax of the Bond version of DA, it's still spoilerish perhaps. :(

I'll do this after I catch up with everyone's adventures this afternoon!

#59 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Today I'll submit that latest portion of Destroying Angel, I swear! I'm back on schedule again. :) I don't have to hustle as much now and that is why my schedule has gotten under control again, hurray! So i better get going while the getting is good!

Okay here is one image of the DA submission art. I went ahead and left the whole thing as a cliff hanger because I wouldn't want to give anything away for the story itself! :(

http://i302.photobuc...ingAngelArt.jpg

I am really rusty so the art isn't that great. I was really painting on the fly. It's hard to see Makisig's gold capped teeth, sorry.

#60 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

New addition up now.