74 replies to this topic

#61 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

if I had to choose another system besides Wii, I'd go with the 360. The PS3 isn't worth it (I think Sony needs to re-examine their entire strategy as far as their gaming consoles are concerned).

I agree 100%. I will be getting a Wii and an X-BOX 360. Well, I am really only a 360 just for Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Screw the close minded fanboy reaction to the previews.

#62 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:58 AM

I agree 100%. I will be getting a Wii and an X-BOX 360. Well, I am really only a 360 just for Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Screw the close minded fanboy reaction to the previews.

Heh. I like the ideas they're running with. I loved the first two games.

#63 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

Well I am glad you like the new concept. I didn't mean to generalize but I was on IGN and I was amazed by the stubborn attitude towards the new game. Some people jsut wanted the same game in Hi-def. People need to realize that the basic 3-D platformer has become a tired concept. You have throw in something more innovative with it these days.

#64 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

http://sarcasticgame...ot-stirred.html

#65 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:17 AM

Well I am glad you like the new concept. I didn't mean to generalize but I was on IGN and I was amazed by the stubborn attitude towards the new game. Some people jsut wanted the same game in Hi-def. People need to realize that the basic 3-D platformer has become a tired concept. You have throw in something more innovative with it these days.

Well, I don't know if it's a tired genre, I just don't think anyone really besides Nintendo knows how to do a truly great platformer anymore. Largely killed off by "adventure" since 3D became the norm.

#66 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

http://sarcasticgame...ot-stirred.html

Craig's likeness really is quite good.

#67 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Craigs likeness it brilliant. :tup: Its a real shame that the game is mostly in 1st person.

#68 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:50 AM

Well, I don't know if it's a tired genre, I just don't think anyone really besides Nintendo knows how to do a truly great platformer anymore. Largely killed off by "adventure" since 3D became the norm.

I think the genre can go on with more radical innovations like what Rare is doing with Banjo and Kazooie.

#69 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Maybe in the last level, the "final boss" will be to play a poker game agains't Le Chiffre. :tup:

#70 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image
Cover story includes screenshots of Daniel Craig as 007

#71 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

Just had a look at the screen shots - the graphics look decent and DC looks pretty cool. Great likeness.

#72 agentjamesbond007

agentjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

Lets just hope it becomes available for Playstation 2. That is all I have right now.

#73 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

Maybe in the last level, the "final boss" will be to play a poker game agains't Le Chiffre. :tup:

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess they would want to go for something much more action-oriented.

#74 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

Nice screenshots. Craig's likeness looks great!

#75 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

I'm gonna pick this issue up tomorrow. It looks interesting.