#1261 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Spoiler

Ooh, I had completely forgotten about that! This is why I need to see the movie again, and soon! ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not Al's imagination.

Spoiler

#1262 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

I believe it's fan made...which is brilliant as this would make a cracking limited edition DVD cover or book cover to use for the Trlogy...

...and this one below is a new version, a bit better, with the right characters placed in their specific film segment.

Posted Image

Wicked poster! The first thing I though when I seen the other one was the characters should in the right places.

#1263 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

I too thought of The World is not Enough when watching The Dark Knight Rises. Thankfully it didn't suffer the same problems, which in the case of The World is not Enough was bad acting, worse dialogue, characters that I didn't give a damn about, and action that put me to sleep. In other words, failure of execution, not ideas.

Don't get me wrong. I liked "TDKR". But if I had to choose between it and "THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH", I would choose the latter. Despite the crappy locations and the fight aboard the submarine, I still feel it had a better executed story.

#1264 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I too thought of The World is not Enough when watching The Dark Knight Rises. Thankfully it didn't suffer the same problems, which in the case of The World is not Enough was bad acting, worse dialogue, characters that I didn't give a damn about, and action that put me to sleep. In other words, failure of execution, not ideas.

Don't get me wrong. I liked "TDKR". But if I had to choose between it and "THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH", I would choose the latter. Despite the crappy locations and the fight aboard the submarine, I still feel it had a better executed story.

I agree with DR76

#1265 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Had to "pimp for da house" and put this in the thread.

B)

#1266 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

HAHAHAAHAHAA! I love your cameo.

#1267 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

I believe it's fan made...which is brilliant as this would make a cracking limited edition DVD cover or book cover to use for the Trlogy...

...and this one below is a new version, a bit better, with the right characters placed in their specific film segment.

Posted Image

That pic is awasome!

#1268 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Had to "pimp for da house" and put this in the thread.

B) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G753IcaaIwQ&feature=youtu.be

I did get a good laugh out of this, thanks. ""WHERE IS THE TRIGGER? WHERE IS IT?" lol

#1269 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

I just saw it yesterday evening. I positively loved it (a trifle less than TDK, but still loved it).

(I can't see the "Spoiler" editing tool on my computer, so I won't go into too much details for those who haven't yet seen it).

What strikes me, in the first place, is how much Nolan inserted the comics into his movie. That may sound paradoxical, but his trilogy (and most notably TDKR) show how much those in charge did read and understand the adventures of the Bat. Before that (with Burton and Schumacher), we had filmmakers who took characters from the comics and put them into a movie. With TDKR, we clearly have someone who dived into the universe of the comics. Beyond the simple resumption of various elements, we see in the movie some aspects that only someone who appreciates it would use. We feel that Nolan loves Batman and actually read it, and that is quite a treat.

Beyond that, the direction is very clever. At first (after the introductory scene), I thought that the movie had difficulty in getting started, that it suffered from not knowing exactly where it went. But then I realized that, in fact, Nolan knows precisely from the very beginning where he wants to take us, and takes us there as he sees fit without us really realizing it. We have the impression that the movie goes in all directions, but little by little (that's the good thing about having a lengthy movie), we are embarked on this maelstrom heading for its ultimate purpose and destroying everything in the process. Seemed to me like a whirlwind: at the beginning, we are thrown in all directions by the intensity of the wind, but the more the movie goes forward the more the centripetal force takes us closer to the eye of the cyclone, where everything eventually will meet its end. Brilliant!

Sure, you get the inevitable "Hollywood blockbuster" drawbacks of the genre (too many lengthy explanatory dialogues, useless flashbacks put there to remind the audience what happened in the 2 previous movies, and all the obvious elements that we see coming from miles away). But that does not spoil the overall pleasure of this big enjoyment fest.

However, just one really negative aspect: Marion Cotillard. She is so dull! Her performance is so terrible that during her last scene, the whole audience (about 700 people) burst out laughing...

#1270 hcmv007

hcmv007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Still on a toy kick from Superman so onto Batman. Should Mattel release more toys (In the 3.75 inch scale) they should base it all on the Nolanverse:

Catwoman (Available in a multipack from Target, but here sold as an individually carded figure)
Two-Face (Needed one for the Dark Knight)
The Joker (Needed a better face sculpt)
Joker's Henchman
Ra's Al-Ghul
Ra's Henchman
Ra's Imposter (Ken Wanatabe's character)
Talia
Jim Gordon
Gotham Police Officer
Bruce Wayne (Business Suit)
Alfred
Lucius Fox (Give him some gear to give to Batman)
The Riddler* (Concept sketches were made as he was rumored to be the villain in the Dark Knight Rises)
Penguin* (I am thinking a cross of Burton's Penguin mixed with Gotham High Society)
Mr. Freeze* (This would be awesome)
Poison Ivy* (This would be a good one too, again, as she would look in the Nolanverse)

* Denotes concept figures